Hotels in Makapala, Hawaii
Search & Compare Makapala Hotels
Get Secret Prices on select hotels
These prices aren’t available to everyone.
Best hotels in Makapala
Makapala overviewMakapala is a budget-friendly place distinct for its historical sites and known for its castle and shops. You're sure to appreciate the ample coffee and dining options. Spend a relaxing day at Pu'ukohola Heiau National Historic Site when the weather is nice. While you're here, stop by Keokea Beach Park and Pololu Valley Overlook. A family- and business-friendly area, Makapala also has something for everyone.
Where to stay in MakapalaWhether traveling for business or pleasure, Makapala can comfortably accommodate all visitors. There are 30 hotels in the Makapala area and you can shop as many as 30 deals for rooms on Hotels.com, some with discounts of up to 51%.
- • 4 3-star hotels with an average price of $127 per night
- • 18 4-star hotels with an average price of $199 per night
- • 5 5-star hotels with an average price of $269 per night
How to get to MakapalaFly in to Kamuela, HI (MUE-Waimea-Kohala), 16.1 mi (26 km) from downtown Makapala. Kailua-Kona, HI (KOA-Kona Intl.) is the next closest major airport, 38.2 mi (61.5 km) away.
What to see around MakapalaFamily-friendly attractions include:
- • ATV Outfitters
- • Big Island Eco Adventures 2
- • Hamakua Macadamia Nut Company Visitor's Center
- • Keokea Beach Park
- • Pololu Valley Overlook
- • Kamehameha Statue
- • King Kamehameha Statue
- • Kenjis House
When to visit MakapalaWondering when's the best time to visit? Here are seasonal norms to help you plan your trip:
Seasonal temperature averages
- • January-March: 78°F day, 64°F night
- • April-June: 82°F day, 67°F night
- • July-September: 83°F day, 70°F night
- • October-December: 83°F day, 65°F night
- • January-March: 21.7 inches
- • April-June: 17.0 inches
- • July-September: 18.5 inches
- • October-December: 22.0 inches