What is Mackinac Island Like for Family-Friendly Vacations?
If you've been searching for the perfect family-friendly place for a vacation, you might want to think about Mackinac Island. Here you'll find various types of family activities sure to delight both kids and parents alike. From the shopping to horseback riding, Mackinac Island has lots of things to see and do that everyone will enjoy. Spend a day checking out attractions like Fort Mackinac, The Original Mackinac Island Butterfly House & Insect World and The Jewel at the Grand Hotel. When it's time to rest after a day exploring the area with the family, Mackinac Island has a variety of places to stay, such as family hotels with swimming pools and hotels with suites for families. Hotels.com has 8 Mackinac Island family hotels, the right one is just a click away!
What Are Some Places to Stay with Kids in Mackinac Island?
Our travelers have rated these as their favorite kid-friendly hotels:
- Outdoor pool • Kid's club • Restaurant • Mini golf • Playground
- Restaurant • Free in-room WiFi • Central location
- Free supervised children's activities • Outdoor pool • 3 restaurants • Free in-room WiFi • Central location
- 2 restaurants • Free in-room WiFi • Picnic area • Central location
Grand HotelMackinac Island upscale hotel with health club
Bicycle Street Inn and Suites2.5-star Mackinac Island hotel with bar
Mission Point ResortFamily-friendly resort with spa, near The Greens of Mackinac
Murray HotelIn the heart of Mackinac Island
What Should I See and Do with Kids in Mackinac Island?
You’ll discover that Mackinac Island and the surrounding area offers lots of entertaining things to see and do while you're visiting with the kids. Here are some ideas to make your stay educational and fun:
- The Original Mackinac Island Butterfly House & Insect World
- Maze Of Mirrors
- Fort Mackinac
- Richard & Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art Museum
- Robert Stuart House
- The Jewel at the Grand Hotel
- Arch Rock
- Lake Huron
Museums & Art Galleries
Sights & Landmarks