What is Detroit Like for Family-Friendly Vacations?
If you're looking for the ideal family-friendly vacation destination, you may want to consider Detroit. Here you'll find a variety of family activities sure to appeal to both kids and parents alike. From the theater scene to the live music, Detroit has lots of things to see and do that everyone will enjoy. Spend a day checking out attractions like Greektown Casino, Fox Theatre and Ford Field. When you're ready for some down time after a day of sightseeing with the family, Detroit has a variety of places to stay, such as family hotels with pools and hotels with suites for families. We have 4 Detroit family hotels, the right one is waiting for you!
What Are Some Places to Stay with Kids in Detroit?
Our travelers have rated these as their favorite kid-friendly hotels:
- Free parking • Indoor pool • 9 restaurants • Laundry room • Walkable location
- Kid's meals • Free in-room WiFi • Laundry room • Free area shuttle • Central location
- Free in-room internet • Restaurant • Central location
- Free cribs • Free in-room WiFi • Laundry room • Snack bar/deli • Walkable location
MGM Grand DetroitLuxury hotel with spa, near Fillmore Detroit
Atheneum Suite Hotel4-star hotel with 2 bars, near Greektown Casino
The Detroit Club4-star hotel with 2 bars, near Detroit Opera House
Aloft Detroit at The David Whitney3.5-star hotel with bar, near Fox Theatre
What Should I See and Do with Kids in Detroit?
You'll find that Detroit and the surrounding area offers many entertaining things to see and do while you're out and about with the kids. Here are some ideas to make your trip both memorable and educational:
- Campus Martius Park
- Detroit Riverwalk
- West Riverfront Park
- Detroit Institute of Arts
- Charles H. Wright Museum of African-American History
- Michigan Science Center
- Greektown Casino
- Fox Theatre
- Ford Field
Museums & Art Galleries
Sights & Landmarks