Hotels in Powderhorn, Colorado
Search & Compare Powderhorn Hotels
Get Secret Prices on select hotels
These prices aren’t available to everyone.
Best hotels in Powderhorn
Powderhorn overviewPowderhorn is a budget-friendly place unique for its college atmosphere and shops. You'll enjoy the ample coffee and dining options, along with outdoor areas for biking and hiking. Spend a relaxing day at Curecanti National Recreation Area and Jorgensen Park when the weather is nice. Check out local attractions like Gunnison Valley Observatory and Dos Rios Golf Club. If you're looking for a family-friendly getaway, Powderhorn is for you.
Where to stay in PowderhornFeaturing accommodation choices that can meet everyone's needs, Powderhorn is the place to go.
- • 7 2-star hotels with an average price of $24 per night
- • 8 3-star hotels with an average price of $52 per night
- • 11 4-star hotels with an average price of $129 per night
How to get to PowderhornFly in to Gunnison, CO (GUC-Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional), 21.5 mi (34.5 km) from downtown Powderhorn.
What to see around PowderhornIt's notable for its hiking trails and favorite places for nature lovers that include:
- • Curecanti National Recreation Area
- • Jorgensen Park
- • Gunnison Valley Observatory
- • Dos Rios Golf Club
- • Smith Opera House
- • Gunnison Pioneer Museum
- • Western State Colorado University
When to visit PowderhornWondering what time of year to travel, or what clothes to pack? Here are seasonal norms to help you with your planning:
Seasonal temperature averages
- • January-March: 49°F day, -7°F night
- • April-June: 78°F day, 19°F night
- • July-September: 80°F day, 27°F night
- • October-December: 64°F day, -6°F night
- • January-March: 1.9 inches
- • April-June: 2.3 inches
- • July-September: 4.1 inches
- • October-December: 2.4 inches