What is Iowa City Like for Family-Friendly Vacations?
If you've been trying to find the ideal family-friendly place for a vacation, you might want to think about Iowa City. Here you'll find a wide variety of activities sure to delight both kids and parents alike. From the live music to the sports events, Iowa City has lots of things to see and do that everyone will enjoy. Spend a day checking out attractions like Kinnick Stadium, Carver-Hawkeye Arena and The Englert Theater. When it's time to relax after a day exploring the area with the family, Iowa City has various places to stay, such as family hotels with swimming pools and hotels with suites for families. We have 8 Iowa City family hotels, the right one is just a click away!
What Are Some Places to Stay with Kids in Iowa City?
Our travelers have rated these as their favorite kid-friendly hotels:
- Free cribs • Free in-room internet • Indoor pool • Restaurant • Central location
- Free parking • Free cribs • Free on-the-go breakfast • Free in-room internet • Comfy beds
- Free parking • Free continental breakfast • Free bicycle rentals • Indoor pool • Walkable location
- Free parking • Free continental breakfast • Free in-room WiFi • Walkable location
Hilton Garden Inn Iowa City Downtown University3-star hotel with 2 bars, near University of Iowa
Hampton Inn Iowa City/University AreaHotel with indoor pool, near University of Iowa
The Highlander Hotel4-star hotel with restaurant, pool bar
The Brown Street InnAdults-only B&B within easy reach of University of Iowa
What Should I See and Do with Kids in Iowa City?
You’ll discover that Iowa City and the surrounding area provides many entertaining things to do while you're in town with the kids. Here are some recommendations to make your getaway both memorable and educational:
- Iowa Museum of Natural History
- Iowa Avenue Literary Walk
- Kinnick Stadium
- Carver-Hawkeye Arena
- The Englert Theater
Sights & Landmarks