Hotels in Gretna, Virginia
Search & Compare Gretna Hotels
Get Secret Prices on select hotels
These prices aren’t available to everyone.
Best hotels in Gretna
Gretna overviewGretna is a budget-friendly place known for its riverfront, and surrounded by picturesque views of mountains and lakes. You'll enjoy the ample coffee and dining options, along with outdoor areas for biking and hiking. Spend a relaxing day at Smith Mountain Lake State Park and Falling Creek Park when the weather is nice. Be sure stop by Altavista Town Hall and Molliver Vineyards and Winery while you're here. Gretna is a family- and business-friendly destination with something for everyone.
Where to stay in GretnaWhether you're planning to stay for a night or for the week, Gretna has accommodations to fit every need. There are 8 hotels in the Gretna area, some with discounts of up to 60%.
- • 6 2-star hotels with an average price of $39 per night
- • 2 3-star hotels with an average price of $64 per night
Here's the top hotel based on 549 user reviews of Gretna hotels: Gretna - Altavista - Chatham
How to get to GretnaFly in to Lynchburg, VA (LYH-Lynchburg Regional), 26 mi (41.8 km) from downtown Gretna. Roanoke, VA (ROA-Roanoke Regional) is the next closest major airport, 44.8 mi (72.1 km) away.
What to see around GretnaIts lakes, mountain views, and riverfront offer a glimpse of the natural beauty and favorite spots include:
- • Smith Mountain Lake State Park
- • Hudson Heritage Farms
- • Falling Creek Park
- • Altavista Town Hall
- • Molliver Vineyards and Winery
- • Avoca Museum
- • Tomahawk Mill Vineyard and Winery
- • Greenwood Vineyards
When to visit GretnaIf you're still deciding when to visit, here are the seasonal norms to help you plan:
Seasonal temperature averages
- • January-March: 66°F day, 27°F night
- • April-June: 89°F day, 39°F night
- • July-September: 90°F day, 53°F night
- • October-December: 76°F day, 27°F night
- • January-March: 11.0 inches
- • April-June: 11.5 inches
- • July-September: 12.3 inches
- • October-December: 10.2 inches