Hotels in Wathena, Kansas
Search & Compare Wathena Hotels
Get Secret Prices on select hotels
These prices aren’t available to everyone.
Best hotels in Wathena
Wathena overviewWathena is a relaxing place distinct for its riverfront and sports, and known for its waterparks and shops. You're sure to appreciate the ample coffee and bar options. Be sure stop by Pony Express Museum and Jesse James Home Museum while you're here. A family- and business-friendly area, Wathena also has something for everyone.
Where to stay in WathenaWhether you're planning to stay for a night or for the week, Wathena has accommodations to fit every need. There are 16 hotels in the Wathena area, some with discounts of up to 35%.
- • 7 2-star hotels with an average price of $38 per night
- • 8 3-star hotels with an average price of $70 per night
How to get to WathenaFly in to Kansas City, MO (MCI-Kansas City Intl.), 34.2 mi (55 km) from downtown Wathena.
What to see around WathenaSome recommended attractions include:
- • Pony Express Museum
- • Jesse James Home Museum
- • Krug Park
When to visit WathenaWondering when's the best time to visit? Here are seasonal norms to help you plan your trip:
Seasonal temperature averages
- • January-March: 61°F day, 17°F night
- • April-June: 86°F day, 38°F night
- • July-September: 87°F day, 48°F night
- • October-December: 73°F day, 17°F night
- • January-March: 3.7 inches
- • April-June: 13.4 inches
- • July-September: 12.6 inches
- • October-December: 5.9 inches