What is Austin Like for Family-Friendly Vacations?
If you're looking for the ideal family-friendly vacation destination, you may want to consider Austin. Here you'll find a variety of family activities sure to appeal to both kids and adults alike. From the live music to the festivals, Austin has lots of things to see and do that everyone will enjoy. Spend a day checking out attractions like Sixth Street, Zilker Park and South Congress Avenue. When it's time to relax after a day of sightseeing with the family, Austin has a variety of places to stay, such as family hotels with swimming pools and hotels with suites for families. You can pick from 158 Austin accommodations to find one you and the family will appreciate.
What Are Some Places to Stay with Kids in Austin?
Our travelers have rated these as their favorite kid-friendly hotels:
- Outdoor pool • In-room kitchens • Free in-room WiFi • Playground • BBQ grills
- Free parking • Outdoor pool • In-room kitchens • Free in-room WiFi • Laundry room
- Free buffet breakfast • Outdoor pool • Laundry room
- Free parking • Free cribs • Free in-room internet • Indoor pool • Restaurant
- Free kid's club • Free parking • Free cribs • Free continental breakfast • Free in-room internet
South Congress Guesthouse with Tank Pool!!City-center guesthouse within easy reach of South Congress Avenue
Austin Lone Star RV Resort2-star mobile home
Holiday Inn Express Austin North Central, an IHG Hotel2.5-star hotel in Georgian Acres with 24-hour fitness center
Hilton Garden Inn Austin NW - ArboretumSuburban hotel with bar, near Ascension Seton Northwest
Comfort Suites Austin NW LakelineSuburban hotel with outdoor pool, 24-hour fitness center
What Should I See and Do with Kids in Austin?
You’ll discover that Austin and the surrounding area provides lots of entertaining things to see and do while you're visiting the area with the family. Here are some recommendations to make your getaway educational and fun:
- Austin Children's Museum
- W Austin Wet Deck
- Zilker Park
- Waterloo Park
- Umlauf Sculpture Garden and Museum
- Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum
- Blanton Museum of Art
- LBJ Presidential Library
Museums & Art Galleries
- Sixth Street
- South Congress Avenue
- Rainey Street