What is San Francisco Like for Family-Friendly Vacations?
If you've been trying to find the perfect family-friendly place for a vacation, you might want to think about San Francisco. Here you'll find various types of activities sure to delight both kids and adults alike. From the museums to the architecture, San Francisco has lots of things to see and do that everyone will enjoy. Spend a day checking out attractions like Pier 39, Oracle Park and Lombard Street. When it's time to rest after a day exploring the area with the family, San Francisco has various places to stay, such as family hotels with pools and hotels with suites for families. You can make a choice from 96 San Francisco accommodations to discover one you and your whole family will appreciate.
What Are Some Places to Stay with Kids in San Francisco?
Our travelers have rated these as their favorite kid-friendly hotels:
- Free cribs • Arcade • Picnic area • Walkable location
- Free continental breakfast • Outdoor pool • Free in-room WiFi • Picnic area • Walkable location
- Free cribs • Free in-room internet • Walkable location
- Free cribs • Restaurant • Free in-room WiFi • Laundry room • Walkable location
- Free cribs • Free in-room internet • Free bicycle rentals • 2 restaurants • Central location
Hotel Zephyr San FranciscoBayfront hotel within walking distance of Pier 39
Hotel Del SolCity-center hotel, steps from Mexican Museum
Marina InnConvenient to Lombard Street
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Union Square3-star hotel with bar, near Moscone Convention Center
Fairmont San FranciscoLuxury hotel with 2 bars, near Lombard Street
What Should I See and Do with Kids in San Francisco?
You’ll discover that San Francisco and the surrounding area offers lots of entertaining things to see while you're visiting with the kids. Here are some suggestions to make your trip educational and fun:
- Golden Gate Park
- Mission Dolores Park
- Yerba Buena Gardens
- Asian Art Museum of San Francisco
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- Cable Car Museum
- Pier 39
- Oracle Park
- Lombard Street
Museums & Art Galleries
Sights & Landmarks
- Van Ness Avenue
- Westfield San Francisco Centre
- Haight Street