What is Des Moines Like for Family-Friendly Vacations?
If you're looking for the ideal family-friendly vacation destination, you may want to consider Des Moines. Here you'll find an interesting array of family activities sure to appeal to both children and adults alike. From the sports events to the live music, Des Moines has lots of things to see and do that everyone will enjoy. Spend a day checking out attractions like Des Moines Civic Center, Hy Vee Hall and Iowa Events Center. When you're ready to kick back after a day of touring the area with the kids, Des Moines has a variety of places to stay, such as family hotels with pools and hotels with suites for families. You can pick from 22 Des Moines accommodations to find one you and the family will like.
What Are Some Places to Stay with Kids in Des Moines?
Our travelers have rated these as their favorite kid-friendly hotels:
- Free parking • Free cribs • Free breakfast • Indoor pool • In-room kitchens
- Free parking • Free continental breakfast • Indoor pool • Free in-room WiFi • Laundry room
- Free parking • Free cribs • Free continental breakfast • Free in-room internet • Indoor pool
- Free parking • Free full breakfast • Indoor pool • Free in-room WiFi • Laundry room
- Free parking • Free in-room WiFi • Laundry room
Homewood Suites by Hilton Des Moines Airport3-star hotel
Quality Inn & SuitesCity-center hotel in Lovington
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Des Moines Airport2.5-star Des Moines hotel with 24-hour fitness center
Quality Inn2.5-star hotel
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Des Moines/Merle Hays RoadDes Moines hotel in shopping district
What Should I See and Do with Kids in Des Moines?
You'll find that Des Moines and the surrounding area offers lots of interesting things to see and do while you're visiting the area with the family. Here are some recommendations to make your stay both educational and lots of fun:
- Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden
- Pappajohn Sculpture Park
- John and Mary Pappajohn Sculpture Park
- Science Center of Iowa
- Des Moines Art Center
- World Food Prize Hall of Laureates
- Des Moines Civic Center
- Hy Vee Hall
- Iowa Events Center
Museums & Art Galleries
Sights & Landmarks
- Merle Hay Mall
- Outlets of Des Moines
- West Glen Town Center