All hotels in Manzanita, Oregon, United States of America

Great room
    Great amenities
    Bad internet service
"Best Thanksgiving ever!"
First time at the beach for Thanksgiving. Have already booked rooms for next year it was so great!
3 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
paula
"It's all about location"
location, location, location: beach a few feet away, trumping surly clerks and a mediocre, dated room
1 night romance trip Nov 19, 2015
"Comfortable and Clean, and the view was great!"
Beautiful view from room,and room was clean and well appointed. Not a luxury hotel but nice for price I paid and certainly lived up to my expectations. I would stay again.
1 night romance trip Sep 23, 2015
Dianne
"Good but noisy"
Great service and comfy room, but very noisy upstairs family/kids. Older hotel so you hear everything upstairs. Try and get upstairs. Likewise, hotel management should should put guest with kids on 1st floor.
1 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
"Location makes up for room"
Rooms are a little dated, but you can't beat the fact that it's right on the beach. Pool and grill were nice bonuses. Close enough to walk to the store and pizza, only a couple of blocks.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Wendy
"Right on the beach. Wonderful."
Nice little town with a great pub. Beautiful beach, with the motel just across the road. Peaceful and quiet.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
"Great value, location."
Clean, comfortable and great location. Not upscale, but simple, clean and well worth the price. Would have booked more nights here if it was available.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
NorthSouth
"Beach visit"
Our family enjoyed the view that our room provided. It was just as described when we booked the room. Enjoyed the quaint feel of the town, with so many little shops within walking distance. Definitely would stay here again. Really enjoy the clean beach and how close it was.
2 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Cynthia
"Great and close and right at the Beach"
Staff was excellent; super friendly and and very helpful. The motel is right at the Beach with a beautiful view and easy access to the sand. The pool was especially loved by the grandkids. Our building and room was right at the pool. While there is another building cannot comment on that. The room was very clean and well equipped. The AARP membership had it a very affordable place to stay. Highly recommended!
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
Rose
"Just about okay..."
I booked for ocean facing room but it wasn't available. I don't know what went wrong.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Anmol
"Cute hotel"
Would stay again. Very clean. I would say a bit more of a couples hotel as opposed to little kids/families.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
Squidaline
"Awesome little place on the beach."
Took a road trip with my 5 & 6 year old granddaughters. This was the perfect place. It isn't fancy, it's comfortable, efficient and in a perfect location (literally across the street from the beach). In a wonderful little town.
2 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
"Never put dogs on top"
If it weren't for the people above us with a big dog that was constantly scratching like it was going to come through the floor. Then in the morning the people above us with the dog would spray the urine of there back porch down on to ours. Our trip was great when we could stand the dog.
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Relaxing at the Coast"
Four beautiful days on the Oregon coast. Comfortable room, comfortable bed, and soothing ocean waves just outside our room. We needed a few days relief from pressure at work and the Sunset Surf Motel in Manzanita was the perfect prescription. Good choices for food and live music in the town just steps away from our lodging.
3 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"Nice and by the beach"
Very nice little motel! Room was clean and comfortable. We got in late and they were nice about giving us a late check out. Wish we could have stayed more than one night!
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
Cranes
"Great view"
Wonderful view of the ocean,check in staff were nice great little town a very peaceful and relaxing time.
Other trip May 29, 2015
"the week before Memorial day."
3days, quiet, windy = kite surfers, amazing athletes. The only thing I would have liked is a easy chair. kitchen chairs and table were nice.
3 night trip May 19, 2015
Judith
"Not ADA Compliant, Don't Stay Here."
We had reserved a junior suite with an ocean view, the most expensive accommodation at this place. This suite was not accessible. We had to change to a room, not a junior suite, located behind a stairway and swimming pool. The surly office staff would not even give us a discount. The beds were hard and lumpy. There was an ancient microwave and old refrigerator and a small TV. The only place to sit was on uncomfortable straight back chairs. Housekeeping pulled up the covers on one bed, not really making the bed, and did not touch the other one. They did not empty garbage or replenish supplies. We felt cheated.
2 night trip with friends May 20, 2015
"cozy"
The room had a fireplace which was nice to have on a rainy day.
2 night trip May 11, 2015
Gene
"Beautiful coastline view"
This hotel has been a family favorite for years. Great price for the view. If your looking for clean and modern, this is not your hotel. If you like old beach town charm, with beachfront access, great service and a gorgeous sunset view, not to mention you basically have your own private beach in the off season!
Other trip May 19, 2015
Stacey
"Mother's Day weekend stay"
We had a great stay. When we checked in I asked if we were facing the beach and we weren't so I was kind of disappointed but when we got to our room we actually had views out both sides of the room and we didn't have everybody walking by our window. The beach is literally across the street which was really nice.
2 night romance trip May 10, 2015
Karla
"Beach right outside back door"
People very friendly. Everything within walking distance.
Other trip May 10, 2015
mike
"Amazing location, excellent rooms"
I will never get tired of being able to see the sea from my bed. Our room was clean and comfortable, with sliding glass door and window that looked out onto the ocean. It was incredibly relaxing to sit next to the gas fire reading and listening to the waves. The staff here are lovely, and I recommend it to anyone who wants a beautiful beach holiday.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Natalya
"Room with a View"
very clean hotel with excellent views of the ocean and Neakahnie Mountain. It's basic, but neat as a pin. Bed was comfortable. It's one block from downtown Manzanita and just across the street from the Pacific Ocean. I've stayed at hotels in Manzanita that cost twice as much that offered less in terms of satisfaction.
2 night trip Apr 28, 2015
Randall
We really enjoyed our stay at sunset surf. It's very convenient for going to the beach or walking around the town of Manzanita. The bed was very comfortable and the room was nice. Hope to return some day.
Other trip May 3, 2015
Doug
"Sunset Surf Hotel April 2015"
Nice hotel with great location close to the beach as well as all the restaurants and shops. If your late getting in (after 10) they will call you and let you know that they have left the key and even provide a map to your room! Walls are a little thin, so if someone is having a party you might hear it even if it's after the quiet time posted (10 pm). No DVD player in the room..they should really add it. Try the oyster shooters..they are big and tasty and cheap!
Response by Sunset Surf Motel
Hi Chester, Thank you for taking the time to review the Sunset Surf. We are glad you enjoyed our proximity to shops and restaurants in the wonderful town of Manzanita. As per DVD players, we do have them available at the frontdesk, free of charge. We took them out of the rooms to avoid the numerous remotes that would be needed due to our cable provider changing up the in-room devices on us. We look forward to seeing you again, and don't forget to ask us about the DVD players! Sincerely, Sunset Surf
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Chester
"Very nice and close to beach."
We liked the facilities, very clean and comfortable. We could walk on the beach and through the town of Manzanita.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Nick & Cathy
"Fun stay at a great price"
Comfortable bed. Close to the beach with view. It could be better if there was a screen door on the slider with lock so you could open the glass door and hear the ocean.
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
"What a view!!!"
This simple, charming room with it's in-suite kitchen and gas burning fireplace was absolutely perfect! Clean, cozy, very comfortable and literally steps to the ocean (a lot of people say that, but this really is!) A grocery store a few steps away, wonderful restaurants with take-out, only a block away from a lovely coffee shop with great pastries. I highly recommend this hotel, and requesting a room with a view!
Abby
"We could see the ocean from our bed!"
The location is unbeatable: right along the beach. Staff were friendly, room was clean. We enjoyed our stay
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Natalya
"Manzanita or"
This was a neat small town with a beautiful view of the ocean. Staff was very friendly but sadly the room we were in was in poor condition. Even the coffee pot did not work.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Bradley
"Oceanfront comfortable"
Everything was just great! No complaints. From the start to the end all five of us were very happy. I especially loved the front door which are sliding glass doors.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
C. M.
"Manzanita Weekend Trip"
Older motel, but very clean and in good condition. Manzanita was a very enjoyable little city. Hotel staff was very helpful.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
ronald m.
"great place to be"
Stay was great. Can't say anything negative. Purpose of my trip was to get away & relax & that is definitely what I did! View was great, room was perfect size, & the town was amazing & friendly. Defiantly will return again.
1 night trip Feb 20, 2015
Sarafina
"Got what I paid for (in a good way)"
I stayed here with my boyfriend for Valentine's day. I booked the room about three weeks and the room I wanted wasn't available. Luckily, there was still a room left with a view! Which was great! I wasn't too sure if we'd have a nice view since it wasn't exactly highlighted when I read about the hotel, but it was exactly what I wanted. There's a small street between the hotel and the beach. That's it. We got the two queen bed room. One of the beds had it's own room. The door was actually a sliding glass door with nice sized windows on either side. Perfect for viewing. This hotel has two separate sections, about a block away from each other. We walked by the other rooms (the one I wanted) and they looked VERY nice. They had private balconies and fireplaces. My only complaint would probably be that people have to walk right in front of our view to get to their rooms. So people are looking in unless the curtains are drawn. This wasn't the case with the other rooms though. So, I would definitely go again, just with an upgrade! It was clean and the little kitchen area was very nice :)
Lily
"Nice beach motel"
We had room whose large sliding glass doors faced the ocean; the beach was only steps away. The staff was very friendly and the beach village of Manzanita a wonderful place to visit.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Jean
"Great view and excellent price!"
I love this hotel! Right on the beach and always clean. Nice staff and close to everywhere in Manzanita.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Nice old place"
great little place for what and where it is.
1 night romance trip Jan 25, 2015
"Close to the beach in a very cute beach town."
Check in was pleasant, the price was great and they honored a coupon that I had.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"A little over priced"
An average hotel for a little overpriced for what you get
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
mac
"Pleasant suite, affordable rates, great location"
I thoroughly enjoyed a wintertime visit with my family to the Oregon coast. Hotel rates are affordable this time of year, and there's nothing that compares with a morning walk on the vast, beautiful beach with nobody else in sight.
1 night family trip Jan 11, 2015
Aaron
"Location, location, location!"
You can't beat a window facing on this beach during sunset. It's a million dollar view!
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Right on the beach!"
This was a very quaint old hotel; very clean and adequate for our stay.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Joan
Hotel was nice and good location. I would have liked a bit of flexability in check in/check out. We have a 4 month old and asked for a late check out. It was Sunday and everyone was leaving. It would have been nice to be able to stay an hour longer but not an option. Seemed a bit over the top.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Wonderful view"
We enjoyed this motel and the beautiful view! We will return.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Close to the beach, thats about all though!"
When we arrived we were informed that our room was not available. We had to change rooms in middle of our stay, which meant we lost half a day of sight seeing because we had to be out of our first room by noon so it could be cleaned for new tenants. Our second room tub would not hold water so we could not take a bath. When I informed management of this all she could say was "sorry, better luck next time". Then I found a $10. unauthorized charge on my card. This was to cover the pet fee which had already been paid. I would not recommend staying here and I know I will never stay there again.
2 night romance trip Sep 15, 2014
"Friendly"
Helpful, friendly staff.
2 night trip Sep 7, 2014
"Saying goodbye to family"
We reserved a boat at a nearby marina to take my wife's mothers and sisters remains out in the bay they both loved for the next journey. The weather was cool, windy, and the bay a bit choppy but with the help of their favorite music, our mission was accomplished with smiles and good wishes.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Ooch
"Coastal Getaway"
Great hotel. Staff were very accommodating. Room was very clean and comfortable. Access to the beach, Priceless!!! Thanks.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014

"Beautiful spot to stay by beach"
Every thing was excellent, the hotel staff were very helpful. We stayed in the older part connected to hotel office. Office staff reduced our hotel costs even further due to seasonal rates. The only drawback was some noise twice from some partying people talking loudly and stomping down the outside corridor, waking up the person in the outer bed of our junior suite. (This was not hotel staff's issue but perhaps there could be signs on the stairs asking guests to return to their rooms quietly after a certain time in the world evening.)
2 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2016