All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good internet service
  • Bar and Beverages
    Standard bar
    Poor vibe
Staff were friendly. The location is just off the busy tourist attractions so it was great. Just 5 minutes away from Van Gogh Museum and less than 2 minutes away from trams and bus stops. The pillow could have been better but it just maybe me.
5 night trip Jan 22, 2016
MEE-YOUNG S
"Ideal spot for exploring Amsterdam"
Owl Hotel was a perfect spot for my one night in Amsterdam. Excellent and quiet location a quick walk from the Van Gogh Museum, the 9 streets shopping district, trams, and everything. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful with everything - even bringing my printed boarding pass to my room. Single room was small and basic but very clean and well lit. The terrace is charming and the breakfast is as expected.
1 night trip Dec 7, 2015
Katherine
"Quiet, friendly and comfortable"
Spent four nights at the Owl. Staff is very friendly, professional, efficient and helpful. The room (single) was small, but comfortable, quiet and clean. Location was perfect for sightseeing and visiting museums, since many attractions are within a 15-20 minute walk. The trams are close by as well. The Owl is showing its age a little, but the service, location and price make it a good choice.
4 night trip Oct 25, 2015
Elisabeth
"Very Pleasant Stay"
On a trip to Barcelona, I scheduled a day-and-a-half stay in Amsterdam, because I had never been there. Found the Owl Hotel came nicely rated at a price under $100 per night. Pleasant and helpful staff, spoke and understood English. And provided information regarding the neighborhood - restaurants, museums, shopping, ... I hope to return during summertime.
2 night trip Oct 13, 2015
Stephen
"Owl Hotel in Amsterdam - wonderful!!"
Great location, wonderful breakfast and comfortable, clean room. Would definitely come back!
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
Jill
Lovely hotel located in a convenient location in the museum district. The desk clerk extremely helpful and pleasant. Rooms are small but ok.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2015
thomas
good hotel.
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
huichueh
"Right near everything and felt like home."
We loved it and they were so nice. They gave us directions, stored our luggage and were generally helpful with any questions. The neighborhood was awesome and so centrally located. We could walk to everything we wanted to see. The staff arranged for our airport shuttle and they were right on time.
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Bonnie
"Needs a make over"
The hotel is old and very dated. The rooms were small. The in-room safe was too small to fit a Surface, much less a computer. It was clean and the staff seemed friendly. They take your key when you leave the hotel, "as a service to our guests, so they don't lose them." Strange, I've traveled the entire world and never had a hotel ask for my key as I left the building.
2 night business trip Sep 5, 2015
"Friendly, convenient"
They could not have been nicer. Let us into the room early. Nice big windows onto the back yard, but with light blocking curtains to use if needed. It's close enough to the Leidseplein and museums but quiet.
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Janet
"Very Good"
I was immediately checked into the hotel by a very nice staff member. My room was ready. It was very clean. I had free wifi. There was a black notebook in my room with lots of information. There was a page that showed shopping, wifi password, etc. The desk staff booked and ticketed my tours for me. When I needed a taxi, it was called for me and it was there within a short time. It is a great small hotel and I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to anyone. There is also a very nice garden at the hotel.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Delores
"Owl Hotel- Wonderful!"
We loved the Owl Hotel and will stay here again sometime. It was clean, in a great location, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast each morning was wonderful! We have only great things to say about this hotel!
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Dawn
Lovely hotel, clean and the staff and breakfast were both outstanding. If I could get the same deal I received the first time, I'd be back asap.
2 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2015
"Street noise but nice."
Staff were lovely and friendly. Great location near lots of bars and attractions. Very comfortable bed. Only problem was I stayed on the first floor which looked directly on to the street, I had to keep the curtains closed as there were work men directly outside, they also woke me very early as they were noisy and had a big crane working from around 7am :( would have been a nicer stay in a different room.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2015
Nice European style hotel Small rooms but nice ambience, great courtyard and perfect location.
Other trip May 23, 2015
Dean
The reception team in this hotel are nice and very helpful. The backyard/outdoor space is charming. The rooms are basic and clean, however I can hear the conversations in the next room. The location is perfect--close to the bus that comes and goes to the airport, the tram station, literally just a short walk to the great museums, and restaurants. It is in a safe and almost residential-area feel of a neighbourhood.
Other trip May 10, 2015
"Location, location, location"
Just returned from a great stay at the Owl. Perfect location, 5 minutes from the Leidseplein (bus & tram hub), 5 minutes from Rijks, 5 minutes from Vondel Park. Our room was on the back of the building and you could see the Park beyond one row of buildings. Wonderfully quiet location, probably the quietest European hotel room I've ever stayed in. The wife did somethng to her back and there was a Chiropractor right around the corner. The breakfast (bread, meat, cheese, cereal) is the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars. For 150-160 Euro a night there's no better value in AMS.
3 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
John Handley
The hotel is really nice and comfortable. There is an elevator and that´s great since Amsterdam is terrible because of too steep stairways. They also have a baggage room. The most important thing is the really nice staff, they are awesome!
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Great Little Hotel"
Extremely friendly and helpful hotel staff. Great little hotel in a quiet neighborhood. Will stay here again.
1 night trip Jan 5, 2015
Adam
"Cute hotel, good price."
The hotel staff was wonderful. They helped us find something to eat and explained how to get around. The hotel room was pretty basic, but we did not come to Amsterdam to hang out in our room. The bathroom was clean and spacious. The beds were ok. Carpet was very stained, but otherwise clean (vacuumed). It was quiet and we were able to get a good night's sleep. The room did not not have any offensive smells. The hotel was within very close walking distance of the Van Gogh museum, tram, many other attractions, and a nice little grocery store. My favorite part was the smell of breakfast in the morning. We did not eat the breakfast, but it looked good. Their dining area faces a beautiful little courtyard. A very sweet little cat lives in the hotel so if you are allergic this may be a concern.
2 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
mariya
"Location near main attractions"
The hotel is ok given its category. Nevertheless requires basic maintenance of this very basic room.
2 night trip Sep 28, 2014
Now that I've had a chance to explore Amsterdam, and know how walkable this city is, I would not stay in the Owl Hotel again. I stayed there on a recommendation from a friend, depsite the fact that I had seen more affordable places online that looked nicer...so I accept responsibilty for my having chosen the place. The two biggest positives about the Owl are that the staff is very nice and helpful when needed, and the location is withing walking distance of the entire inner city for one who walks easily. The drawbacks for me were that the room was very tiny for the price, and it seems as if the owner must skimp a bit on things like wall hangings, etc. It wasn't as clean as I would have liked, the room was very warm due to the time of year and it was difficult to get good ventiilation even with the window opened. Also, during my 4 night stay, I only bothered to go down for the 'complimentary' breakfast the first morning and the last, because the quality was not that great. I feel that perhaps the Owl Hotel needs to be updated in its furnishings and food, especially for the prices that they charge. I did enjoy my stay in Amsterdam overall, as it's a gorgeous, very friendly city. I pland on returning, and next time I'll follow my own counsel and rent a little flat instead.
4 night trip Sep 14, 2014
"great hotel booked for visit to US Consulate."
Check-in was effortless and the staff on duty was so friendly and helpful. very good neighborhood and short walk to shopping distance, museums and metro services. Checked in with children and they were thoroughly pleased. hotel is as advertised.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Clarence

"Short break"
Hotel is in a quiet leafy road, but not far from the Leidseplein - so great for transport links, shops, cafes and bars. The main museums are also very close. Access to higher floors are via very steep narrow stairs, but there is a small lift. The room was quite small, but reasonably comfortable, with good bathroom facilities. Reception open 24 hours.
2 night trip Oct 25, 2015
Nigel
"Quiet friendly hotel"
We visited Amsterdam for a weekend and were made to feel so welcome at the Owl Hotel. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The hotel was spotless and offered a good breakfast. It is in a quiet street well placed for museums, shopping and dining out and is a quick and easy tram ride to the old district and Central Station.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Lesley
"Good for a brief stay."
We stayed one night here after a 2 week river cruise. It is a old building in the museum district so a hike from anywhere else. Still, it suited our purpose and did not break the bank. Amsterdam is expensive! Staff was very friendly though we were on our own for schlepping bags etc. It felt much like a student hotel but with a bigger price tag. Very comparable, however, to the others in the neighbourhood. If you want more luxury, you will pay for it.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Everything was ok, nice and friendly staff, good location, center of town in walking distance 15-20 min.
2 night romance trip Sep 23, 2015
Victoria
"Great location to sights of Amsterdam"
Great location- hotel backs on to the lovely Vondel Park and is within walking distance to all attractions and close to airport bus stop too. Common areas include Cozy lounge, patio and breakfast room.
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
Kiana
"September Weekend"
I had to visit Amsterdam for a sad occasion. But the situation of this pleasant little hotel, close to Vondelpark and with access to the Trams close by made it a better weekend than I was expecting. It's clean, affordable and has all the basics.
2 night trip Sep 18, 2015
Ian
Convenient location on a very quiet street. Breakfast was good. Stairs are steep, but that's part of the fun. Would stay here again.
3 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Michaela
"Handy location but spoilt by noisy revellers"
Good location close to main tourist area. Rooms very small but adequate. We stayed 3 nights and had loud revellers wake us up in the early hours on two nights.
2 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Graham
"My first visit to Amsterdam."
It's a great stay for a solo traveler. Hotel staff had been really friendly and helpful. Sadly I didn't manage to catch their name. Do note that the hotel is an old building so there isn't air-condition but only in the day you will feel the stuffiness other than that the hotel is great. Rijksmuseum is SO near I had to visit 3times. Early morning sunrise, normal hour and sunset. To be honest the hotel is really accessible to everywhere I wanted to visit. With cycling it's really accessible however I chose not to cycle. I was on foot for a few days. Every must-go places are all walkable distance.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2015
"Close to Vondelpark"
Close to Vondelpark where you can escape the busyness of the city. Yet within walking distance of all major attractions.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
"Nice place for a Leidseplein night out."
Nice little hotel just a few mins from Leidseplein. The staff at reception are helpful and friendly. The rooms are very clean and the toilets are great but the room was stuffy and I couldn't open the windows. Also there are no power points at the desk - so plugging in your laptop is a problem.
2 night trip May 30, 2015
MANISH
"may 2015"
mid range hotel with a budget feel
3 night romance trip May 23, 2015
michael
"Good stay in a decent neighborhood!"
My friends and I enjoyed our stay here. Only downside was that the toilet seat was barely hanging on by a hinge. Close to tram to get into the city center.
2 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
Abbey
"The friendly Owl"
Very convenient for sights of Amsterdam. Helpful staff and good level of comfort and cleanliness. Would be happy to stay at the Owl Hotel again.
3 night trip with friends May 5, 2015
"Comfortable, quiet and convenient."
We stayed at the Owl Hotel for two nights in mid April. Our short stay in Amsterdam was very enjoyable. Two days was far too short, we will return again next year. No hesitation about staying at the Owl Hotel again.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Pete
"Location"
Nice experiance great location. peaceful area........................
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
A.D
"owl hotel amsterdam"
An excellent stay: everyone was very friendly and helpful and spoke perfect English
3 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Colin
"Excellent hotel"
This hotel is in a quiet neighborhood, but close enough to all the major sights. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly.
2 night trip Feb 28, 2015
"Perfect for a weekend break, great location"
Great, safe and quiet location just off the main road and near vondelpark, if you're looking for a cheap and cheerful hotel this is perfect. Rooms are immaculately clean, modern bathrooms, TVs on wall (and even gets UK channels!), comfortable beds, breakfast was good (buffet of fruit, croissants, meats, cheeses, bread etc), and wifi was adequate. Hotel isn't that modern but personally I liked the homey feel, it felt more welcoming and in keeping with the city. Only complaint is that there are no tea/coffee facilities in the room or downstairs during the day. After a long day of walking we really wanted a sit down and a cup of tea!
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Dani
"Comfortable and affordable"
Great location. Very friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable and affordable accommodation, definitely recommend.
2 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
"A quiet, welcoming hotel in the Museum Quarter."
We were so pleased to have found this lovely hotel in a quiet residential district of Amsterdam, near the Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh Museum and the Stedelijk Museum, with easy access to other areas of Amsterdam either by foot or by tram. The breakfast was very good with plenty of choice, and hot drinks were available at all times. The lounge area was a relaxing place to sit in the evening to plan the next day's activities and there was a rack with leaflets with information about places of interest. The hotel was very clean and the staff gave us a warm welcome and sound advice on the best way to visit the many interesting places.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Sian
"Overnight stay"
Nice clean central hotel with good breakfast included.
1 night trip Dec 9, 2014
G N
"Great Location, friendly staff"
I stayed here primarily because it was close to the Paradiso but it turned out to be close to everything! The room was pleasant and clean and the staff were friendly and helpful.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
Tony
"Nice place for a quick stay"
Great location to get to top attractions, small but comfortable rooms, very nice bathroom
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Cosy little place situated within walking distance of many popular tourist spots. Except the hotel charged 10 euros extra as tax, which wasn't mentioned anywhere else.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2014
IN
"Owl Hotel"
We enjoyed our stay at the Owl. Very convenient for the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museum and the major shopping street PCH Straat. Major tram stop and 197 airport bus stop 5 minutes away. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Room adequate. Continental style breakfast perfect for what we wanted. Lounge area comfortable and included the hotel cat which was very cute !
3 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
Graham
"Older style hotel in good location."
Stayed at Owl hotel for 4 nights recently and had a pretty enjoyable stay. The hotel is in an older building with a nice little garden and bar area. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and helped us with a few requests (such as printing services). The rooms are a little on the tired side but comfortable and clean and the bathrooms have had a recent renovation so are quite modern and fresh (in our room at least). The bed was comfortable and the linen and towels were clean. The walls are not particularly thick and we could hear conversations and other noises from the neighboring rooms. It seems like every door slam from the floor could be heard crystal clear (or someone next to us had a very annoying habit of entering and exiting there room 10 times a night). We also had a powerpoint beside the bed that didn't work and the only other one in the room was behind a large cupboard which was pretty awkward to get to. It's a 5 minute walk to the Leidseplein area which has access to heaps of bars and restaurants. Museums and a range of transport options are also within walking distance. Overall the hotel is pleasant and we would probably stay again, but just hope to get less annoying neighbors.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014