All hotels in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

4.8
    4.8
    4.9
"Hidden gem"
Place was great, beds were very comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was a real surprise, outstanding. The coffee especially the dark roast was very good.
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
"Wow what a view !"
We felt like royalty
3 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Helen
"I'll be back"
Love this place. Room is a great size with a comfortable bed. Friendly staff. Free breakfast and free dinner Monday-Thursday to boot!
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
"Food very dissapointing and NOT healthy options"
all very good, except the food. Forgive my bluntness, but I found the food a complete disaster. I would not come back nor recommend, because of this reason. Breakfast was very basic, extremely low quality and variety. Not to metion that by 9:45am most of the food was taken away. Juices were almost emptied, etc.... a nice lady was cleaning up everything before 10am, which is the time I was advise by front desk at check in, breakfast ends. The staff in general very nice and polite, warm and welcoming.
3 night trip Feb 28, 2015
"First stay in Homewood Suites"
I had a pleasant stay in the marvellous environment of the new Homewoood Suites. My family was among the last customers of ex-Citadel hotel before it was demolished.The staff at the reception was great and gave us all the information to help us settle. She followed up with a phone call to our room to check on us and that was very nice. The car par was ok but I request a reduction of the fee for residents. I was also not aware at the time of booking on Expedia that there will be a fee because I only saw 'self-parking' and did not see (surcharge). The business centre is magnificent and internet connection in the room worked perfectly. I also wish to suggest some variety in the breakfast which is good anyway. We shall certainly put up at Homewood anytime we travel to Halifax.
Response by Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I was so happy to hear that our suite was comfortable and met your expectations. Our parking fee is applicable to all overnight guests and is comparable to all downtown hotels. I was unsure of your comment regarding a reduced fee for residents, but would be happy to discuss with you on a future visit. Please come back and see us again soon! Sincerely, Trevor Morgan General Manager
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Nathan
Nice new hotel, full size refrigerator and dishwasher, full hot dinner included (!!), also nice breakfast....staff was so friendly and welcoming. Our flight to Halifax got cancelled and the hotel was gracious enough not to penalize us for that.
Response by Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. So nice to hear that you enjoyed the amenities of your suite, and our breakfast and dinner included in your rate! Sorry to hear you had flight challenges in Halifax, but happy to hear we were able to help. Please come back and visit us again soon. Sincerely, Trevor Morgan General Manager
JanJan
"NICE NEW HOTEL FOR A FAMILY OR FOR A BUSINESS TRIP"
iT WAS PERFECT TO HAVE A ROOM WITH A SEPARATE DOOR WITH 2 KIDS.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
ANNIE
Overall, an excellent hotel. My only complaint is that the parking was very expensive ($20/night).
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Good new hotel w friendly staff. Its underparked at peak times so watch out for that. IE you can't get in the garage they are charging you for.
Response by Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel and friendly staff. With the mix of business at our hotel, we usually have many people drive their own vehicles, but also many guests that are travelling in by other means and do not require parking for a vehicle. As a new hotel, we are working hard to understand and effectively determine our parking requirements on a daily basis to ensure ample parking for guests that need it. We hope you'll come back and visit us again soon. Sincerely, Trevor Morgan General Manager
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"All of the comforts of home."
Kind, courteous, and helpful staff made my stay special. The extra large suite with well equipped kitchen, including dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave along with popcorn, plates tea kettle silverware wineglasses, etc. made my stay a breeze. Can't wait to return.
Response by Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
Thank you for the great review! Your comments regarding our room amenities are appreciated, however your comments regarding our kind, helpful staff were most gratifying! We hope you'll come back to visit us again soon. Trevor Morgan General Manager
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Good Location"
This is a brand new hotel (3 months old). the location is quite good for activities within Halifax. The staff were remarkably friendly and helpful.
Response by Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Our staff will be so excited to read your positive comments, they truly are our best asset!
7 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
TJ
"Fully equipped suite"
My wife and I stayed 5 days. It is within walking distance to boardwalk, sites etc… Staff is extremely friendly. Rooms are new and fully equipped. Complimentary breakfast is done well also
Response by Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
Thank you for the great review. We're happy to hear that our staff was friendly, we feel that truly sets up apart! Please come back and visit us again.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
"beautiful!"
What a pleasant surprise! Ive stayed at many hotels around the US and many other countries, from ultra luxurious to decent andI must admit....this was way above my expectations!
Response by Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
Thank you for your wonderful comments. It is our goal to exceed our guests' expectations, we're so glad we were able to exceed yours!
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
Steve R
"Great new hotel in Halifax!"
Loved everything! New hotel. Terrific room with kitchen. Near the harbor and the Citadel. Would definitely book again when in Halifax!
Response by Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
Thank you fopr your wonderful feedback! Please come back and see us again.
1 night trip Jun 25, 2014
Gary Weber
"Spacious room with cooking facilities and a view."
We stayed for a week in a spacious suite. It was wonderful to cook some of our own meals having been on the road for weeks. The kitchen had two burners, a large fridge, coffee pot and dishwasher. Plenty of cutlery and crockery. If you do not want to cook, complimentary breakfast and dinners are provided: breakfast daily and dinner Monday-Thursday. The beds were comfortable. The linen top quality. Good television reception. Location is within walking distance of town and close to the citadel.
Response by Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel, highlighting the amenities which we feel are a real differentiator for us in our market. We look forward to welcoming you back! Trevor Morgan General Manager
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Liz

"Good Hotel But Doesn't Live Up To Its Brand"
Stayed at the Homewood Suites in Halifax for 2 nights during an East Coast trip. The hotel is physically attached to the Hampton, another Hilton property, and the entrance is somewhat hidden in the parking lot behind the building, not along the street. The hotel is therefore quite large. The two hotels share a conference centre, swimming pool and fitness facilities. There are separate dining areas that serve the same breakfast, although the Homewood Suites does provide an aperitif-type spread during the evening from Monday to Thursday, which I was able to take advantage of once. The breakfast was quite basic and not very high quality, considering the brand of the hotel and the price per night. The room, on the other hand, was spacious, clean and comfortable. When extra towels were requested, the housekeeping staff were a bit slow to bring them, but a call to the front desk a few hours later got them delivered almost immediately. Check-in and check-out were both very quick and simple, and the front desk staff were friendly and helpful in providing advice on getting around the city. Overall, the hotel was a good choice, though it is perhaps better suited to a long-term stay. It is in a great location, and quite well-equipped, but not as good value for money as other hotels I've stayed at previously, in Halifax or elsewhere.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Etienne
"Great Place to Stay"
When we first arrived I was greeted by a really nice lady who explained where everything was in Halifax (key areas). Hotel was really clean, the rooms were nice and big (relative to price). The location upside is: only 5 mintues walk to the harbour and some nice bars. The location downside is: super large hill you have to climb to get back. it's ok if you want to sober up. but by the time you get back, you feel exhausted. It's not a 90 deg incline, but will feel like it. Still we would come back.
3 night trip Jul 1, 2015
The staff on reception were superb, very helpful, sorted lots of things out for us including a hire car and a trip to spot the whales at Lunenberg.
7 night business trip Jun 13, 2015
We stayed in a one bedroom suite. The room was spacious and clean. I would definitely stay there again.
2 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"Nice stay=)"
Nice hotel , very clean, delicious breakfast, 24hrs coffee and tea services at cafeteria. Close to bus stop to airport. The hotel very easy to find.
3 night trip Jun 17, 2015
Li
"Amazing hotel"
My stay at the hotel was amazing. Loved the size of the room, the bed, the fact that it had a full kitchen was awesome. It had everything you need for a comfortable stay.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
"Great stay, but little parking"
The hotel is beautiful and the service great. Complimentary breakfast at 7-10am on weekends. King bed suites are enormous and has a more of an apartment feel than a hotel. High ceilings and open rooms. Only negative was the parking available was full so we had to park a couple blocks away on the street. Will definitely go back.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
We stayed for two nights in a one bedroom suite with kitchenette and the room was beautiful. It met all of our needs, the breakfast was delicious and the front desk staff were friendly.
2 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Joyce
"Homewood Suites Halifax"
The room was clean and everything was in great shape. The complementary breakfast was good and the staff were very accommodating. I would stay again as I have in the past.
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Trevor
"Nice place to stay in Halifax"
This was our first stay at this hotel. The room was ready upon our arrival shortly after lunch. All the hotel staff we dealt with were very pleasant and courteous. There are not many rooms on each floor, so it is pretty quiet at night. The room was clean and very comfortable considering that it is a new building. They serve a full breakfast in the morning. Also there is a gym and a pool which we enjoyed. They have a parking beside the hotel @ $19.99 plus tx per day. Since this hotel is close to amenities downtown, we had easy access to many good restaurants.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Appartment style hotel"
I stayed there for a whole week. I love the concept that it is a hotel but th rooms are like small appartment. It makes you feel home. You can cook if u want, order food or eat outside. The room consists of a kitchen,living area ,bedroom and a spacious bathroom. The room itself is also spacious which is excellent. My boyfriend, my dog and myself stayed in the room and we were all comfortable.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Nayla
"Snowed in"
Stayed for 5 nights instead of 3 (60 cms of snow in 24 hrs)...hotel staff was very helpful, breakfast and dinner included which was fantastic when you're snowed in. Appreciated the parking garage. Great place.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Mauve
"Excellant"
I have stayed here twice now , and it is now one of our favourite places to stay. The front desk Clerk Marta is the best I have dealt with , she knows her job inside and out and does what ever she can to help you all with a huge smile , she is a great person ..oh and the hotel rooms are the best, love the kitchen and pull out bed concept for ever room .. makes making up your mind on where to stay and what kind of room you would like to book....
Louanne
"Best place to stay in Halifax!"
Homewood Suites is the perfect home away from home. Great breakfast included, and dinner from Monday to Thursday, too. Rooms are beautiful, fully equipped kitchen. Beautiful lobby. You can easily walk to the waterfront and to great restaurants.
AM
"Nice hotel close to downtown"
I thought the hotel was really great. Room was nice and clean and well stocked. The hotel included unlimited coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. Breakfast was included Staff was really friendly, My only complaint was that the pool wasn't that big and we stayed over march break so there were a lot of kids,
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Getaway"
Very friendly staff...hotel exceptionally clean...great breakfast and good location...would definitely saty again...
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Ross
"Quick Stay"
Had a great stay, the staff were very friendly and accomodating. Hotel is very clean and loved the room we had...wish I'd had more time to enjoy it! Only thing I did not like about it was the cover on the bed...I found it coarse and itchy lol
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Home away from Home."
This hotel is clean, new and staffed by a team of wonderful friendly staff. They go over and above their duty to accommodate their guests.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"A great new place to stay in Halifax!"
This was the first time I have ever stayed at this particular location. I have stayed at the next door hotel, the Hilton Hampton Inn. I would most definitely recommend the Homewood Suites over the neighboring hotel because the rooms are much more spacious and up to date.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
JCS
Great hotel with very friendly staff. Room was very comfortable.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Gorgeous hotel in the heart of downtown"
There is nothing negative to say. Staff was very friendly, the suite was very clean and beautiful and we could walk to bars, shops and restaurants. Will definitely stay here again
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Surprise Charges"
Hotel was fine. I did not like the $20.00 per day parking charge that I was not told about on check in. This amount had I known before might have changed my decision to book here and I could have booked at the Cambridge for a little higher rate but free parking that would have made the difference. This is the first Homewood that I have ever been charged parking at. In fact parking was equal to the car rental cost.
3 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Homewood Halifax: warm and pleasant hotel"
I was there for a week between Christmas and New Year's Eve, very quiet. I felt like I had the place to myself. The gym and pool are shared with another hotel.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
s
Perfect
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"A great stay"
We had a great every we needed was in the room
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Leonard Joseph
"Great Room"
Comfortable bed, great kitchenette, awesome view of the harbour, nice shower... No complaints here!
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Jenn
"Happy!"
Everything was fantastic, I absolutely lived the room! The only thing I found a little bit lacking was the breakfast, the fruit was a bit dry and bacon would be a better option than sausage but when compared to other hotels it was on par!
1 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
"Modern Comfort Away From Home"
This new hotel was easy to find and access in downtown Halifax, with a view of Citadel Hill and the Town clock. The front desk staff were so efficient and helpful. The hotel appealed to me because the rooms are suites with kitchen. There is nothing lacking in these suites! The kitchen has beautiful induction range, microwave, full stainless steel fridge and dishwasher and loads of small appliances, complete with Keurig. They offer free breakfast and supper meal through the week! The open concept room has a modern desk working area with plugs on every lamp, laptop safe, modern leather chair and two level desk! The LG flat screen TV is on a swivel stand, and view-able from the kitchen, bedroom or living room. The large ceiling to floor window, has a window that open for fresh air, and two layers of overlapping drapes that are total black out perfect. Despite being beside Halifax's finest police station, the rooms are SOUND PROOF! Not one sound during my entire stay. The bedding was pristine white, soft and fresh with more pillows than anyone could possibly use. The bathroom has a separate vanity with a closet complete with ironing board, and iron, as well as offering laundry services. I like that they gave you lots of towels and extra toiletry supplies on hand. The finishes are high end; from marble table, counters and waterfall shower head with slide glass shower doors! I loved my stay and have passed on how fantastic it is to everyone I know!
Response by Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
Thank you so much for the incredible review of our hotel! You've certainly covered all the highlights of our amenities and services. Please come back and visit us again soon! Sincerely, Trevor Morgan General Manager
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Sandra
"Close to downtown"
Very nice suit well laid out and beautiful décor. Close to shopping bars and restaurants of which there are many in the area.
Response by Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. So happy to hear that you enjoyed your suite. Please come back and visit us again soon. Sincerely, Trevor Morgan General Manager
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Great couples get away"
Enjoyed our stay. Bed was very comfortable and the room nice and spacious
Response by Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was happy to hear that you had a comfortable sleep and that you enjoyed the extra space offered by our all suite hotel. please come back and visit us again soon. Sincerely, Trevor Morgan General Manager
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Homewood Suites-Excellent Hotel, Staff & Service"
Our stay was excellent...The staff & service was Perfect...Would definitely go back..
Response by Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
Thank you for your great review of our hotel! "The staff and service was Perfect" that's exactly what we're striving to provide to all of our valued guests. please come back and visit us again soon. Sincerely, Trevor Morgan General Manager
5 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
donna
"Outstanding views"
Gorgeous hotel, close to the harbour and bars, beautiful views, great room with kitchen facilities. Highly recommend this hotel.
Response by Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. So glad to hear that our location and room amenities were to your liking! Please come back and visit us again soon. Sincerely, Trevor Morgan General Manager
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Birgit
"Great place to stay in Halifax"
Great place to stay in Downtown Halifax, went to see a hockey game and the hotel was within a block to the hockey game, and can take the tunnel just across the street to go in the pedway, shopping, casino etc..
Response by Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
Thank you for the great review of our hotel highlighting our convenient location close to Scotiabank Centre and the amenities of downtown Halifax! Please come back and visit us again soon. Sincerely, Trevor Morgan General Manager
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Ginette
"Beautiful View"
Staff is super friendly, suits are great and the view of the view of the harbour is Bautiful, day and night! Walking distance to the waterfront!
Response by Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. Our "super friendly" staff is pleased to serve, and our views are second to none in the city! please come back and visit us again soon. Sincerely, Trevor Morgan General Manager
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Great stay at the home wood suites"
Beds were not the comfiest because they were new so they were a bit hard. We were sore when we woke up in the morning. Once more people sleep on them the comfier they will get. Otherwise stay was great. View was awsOme and the breakfast was delicious. Pillows were awsome.
Response by Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was sorry to hear that you found our beds a little hard, this is a comment I have not heard in the past. We hope that you'll come back and visit us again soon to give them another chance! Sincerely, Trevor Morgan General Manager
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014