All hotels in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
    Bad breakfast
"Great hostel"
So nice! We were expecting to use the shared bathroom, but the staff offered us a private one for free since the shared one was being cleaned. This was our first experience staying at a hostel, and it was great. Better price than a hotel, for a more unique and homey experience. The staff could be reached at any time by picking up a phone at the door, and they allowed us to check in early for a small fee, which was wonderful. It was nice being able to shower first thing after arriving. Shower had great water pressure and more than enough warm water- a must! There was literally no room between the toilet and the wall, so we had to sit on it sideways. It was fine. Bed was a little hard, but I managed to find a comfortable position and woke up with no pains. Also, the walls were quite thin, so don't choose this place as a love nest. Overall- clean, very friendly, and great price. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to save money. Between this and a discount bus ticket, you can make a really affordable trip to Toronto.
2 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2016
"Budget hostel - good value for the low price"
Don't expect luxury or even mediocrity, but for the price and the location, I'd say this is a good deal. The rooms are very small but clean, and the beds are comfortable enough. I think some listings say the rooms have shared bathrooms, but at least all the rooms I saw had a toilet and a shower in the room - and I do mean *in* the room (a stall for the shower, but the toilet is just sitting in the corner), so probably not ideal if you're sharing a room with someone. There was plentiful warm water, heating, and WiFi. I didn't interact much with the staff, and they seemed to speak quite limited English, but everything worked how it was supposed to. Note that when you arrive, there might not be anyone at the hostel: you'll need to call them using a phone by the door, they'll give you the door code so you can get inside, and they'll come give you the keys within 5-10 minutes. Chinatown is not the most scenic part of town, but it's safe, quiet (this is definitely not a party hostel), within walking distance of a lot of areas, and the Kensington area that's right next to the hostel is a cute little hipster bubble.
Other trip Nov 30, 2015
Ellie
"Poor Choice"
I had ordered a room with a double bed and a private bath with a tub/shower combination and refrigerator. I phoned the manager from the front porch when I arrived and needed to call them again after waiting 20 minutes. I was told they had forgotten about me and would send an attendant right over. The room was small with a cheap shower stall and a toilet IN the room with no partition. There was no refrigerator, as promised. The furniture was cheap and flimsy. The room was extremely hot until about 1 or 2AM. The window could be opened, but there was no screen. There was no air conditioning. There was no maid service. When I requested new sheets and towels after 3 days, the attendant told me that I should not need new ones. She gave me new sheets and towels only after I insisted. The property location is good, near Chinatown and Kensington market. It's on a streetcar line. The public transportation in Toronto is good and reliable. Staying at this property was quite a challenge. I would not stay here again nor recommend it to others.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Customer care
"Bad for Back"
Room was Small and not Conferble to sleep mattress was too hard.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
"Like being at home!"
I've stayed at this hotel before and as always, walk away satisfied. It's clean, it comes with the basics and the people that run this hostel type hotel are so nice and hospitable. Very quiet at night. I love it. And I'm a single female so that says a lot.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2015
denise m.
It was adequate for the price. We did not actually stay in the hotel showed on the picture. The owners have a few "houses" and we were brought to another house. Not happy about that. Room small, but clean. Thank goodness it wasn't hot as there was no air and we would have boiled!
1 night trip with friends Jul 14, 2015
christine
"Shoeless in Toronto"
Showed up in Toronto at the Dundas address and was whisked away by car to another location by Mike. During stay, was awoken as late as 3 AM by other travellers checking in and there is busy construction next door. My room door was not silent when opened and was never fixed.
7 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
Glenn
"Pleasant experience and very convenient for price"
Had no difficulties checking-in. Staff was friendly, and it was a good location for the price.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"good location"
The small room had all my need,I like the location and friendly manager. The restaurant and shops all close by. The WiFi connection is great.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Grace
"Cheap place with convenient location"
Toronto Travellers Home is a very cheap place staffed by helpful staff. The room and living environment are all very basic which makes it a great place to crash if you are a back packer. For those looking to stay for more than 3 days Travellers Home may be too plain and uncomfortable. The place is also within walking distance (1-2 km) of a number of famous places in Toronto, including the Tornoto Art Gallery, Royal Museum, and Queen Park.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Rex
"Nice hotel close to downtown"
I had an excellent experience staying at this hotel. The staff was very nice and warm. Though the facility is not luxury, it is clean and comfort. Ideal for tourists.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Jakie
"Great location, Fair price"
They provide most things are simple but those all we need as a traveler.: WiFi, Fridge, etc. the place is clean and very convenient.The manager is helpful for me as a traveler.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"Unorganized hostel, interesting location"
The hostel is located in the middle of China town, which was interesting and fine. However, the hostel itself was super unorganized. We arrived at 2 and check in is from 1230 till 1130pm, but we needed to wait half an hour for them to clean our room. We also reserved a room wit a shared bathroom but ended up with a private bathroom, which just meant there was a toilet and shower in our room seperated from our bed by a curtain. Also, the workers asked us each time we walked out the door if we were checking out, which was kind of rude since we were in Toronto to explore and relax, but it just seemed like they wanted to get rid of us the entire time.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Michaela
"clean, price-performance, nice manager, wifi"
The manager is friendly,he tell me a lot of information stay in Toronto. Great location: restaurant , most tourist attraction are walking distance. This place is clean and have free wifi. It is safe , quiet, and comfortable. Money worth to live here
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
There are basic things what I need. The small room is clean and it has a private bathroom,it is great for me. The wifi is very good. I think they provide the facility is over my expect--Fantastic price, Great location.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
newyorker
"Better spend some more for nice stay."
The stairs where to small have to take of shoes go on slippers bigger size not availabel. Open toilet only curtain . No breakfast. Not good for people over 55 years. Clean but to much money for poor quality better spend some more money for something better . When you arrive there is somebody to see you. Later you will never see anybody only by telephone. They tell you one free call to your family but not work to Europe.
3 night trip Nov 3, 2014
Jan Rudolf
"all was bad in the hotel"
the hotel was dirty, noisy, uncomfortably and very bad service
2 night family trip Oct 8, 2014
Juan
"Okay to stay at but do not expect much"
This is neither a hotel nor a hostel; rather, it is a (overpriced) short term furnished room rental. Do not expect much service from the management either- I was waiting on my airline to deliver my suitcase (since my suitcase was sent to a different city at first) and when it was delivered, nobody from Toronto Travellers Home notified me. They just left it in storage. Someone could have put a note under my door.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Randy
"ALLTHINGS TERRIBLE"
DONT GO THIS HOSTEL, WORST EXPERIENCE OF MINE, unwashed bed sheet. toilet, bath, sink, bed and table both in a small room. some roommates smoke. WORST!
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
kristin
great, very clean hotel. The bed was very comfortable and memory foam.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
Flo
"Don't answer phone"
I tried several times over the course of two days to contact this hostel but they never answered the phone. I ended up having to book another place because we were traveling with more people than I had expected but I ultimately had to pay for the room there also.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Very good for the money."
More of a hostel than a hotel. The room was clean, cheap, and quiet. The service staff was courteous. And the location was great. A good find for the money!
2 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2014
Gregory
"Center of China town …"
The hotel rooms are very small but clean. Hotel does not have air-conditioning … might be unbearable on hot days. Not to far form the subway station. On a bus line. No parking lot Overall great location for the price.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Perfect location and very clean!!"
The room was very clean and the location is perfect!!! Right next to Kensington market and Chinatown!! Easy walking distance to just about anywhere! Room is small but it is ideal for budget travelers!! Girl that checked us in was very polite!!! No air conditioning but we cracked the window. Can be very loud in hallway but quiet hours are from 10 pm to 10 am. Refrigerator did not work. Overall we were very pleased!
2 night trip May 30, 2014
"close for walking to bus"
not really a hotel but ok for a nights stay as hotels are way over priced. Room was clean but very small.
2 night family trip May 14, 2014
"Classic asian guest house."
Just a bunch of tiny plywood rooms cut out of an old house. Some had a toilet and shower (cheap plastic), but no sink. Some no toilet or shower. Comfortable enough. A very basic place right at chinatown - great location... Cheaper to show up than to book online... Bargain a bit! It's that kind of place.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
wj

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Worst experience with a rude owner"
It was my worst experience ever. This place is not suitable for human stay, basically it is the lowest standard I have ever seen. Room are dirty, no regular cleaning, heating system is not functioning properly making you expsed to cold throughout the night. The owner is only one who speaks some English, the rest only Chinese. And to make it worse , the owner is absolutely rude person, very unhelpful, I came to find out about this when I had problem in the washroom and I rang him to fix it, he was not only unhelpful but extremely rude as to refuse to talk over the phone with the only reply is "no phone calls:!!. Overall it was bad enough experience, to the extent that I had to leave to another hotel before the chechout date.
5 night trip Feb 29, 2016
Tarig
"Can't satisfy a man with simple needs."
To be honest, I am a person that is easily satisfied, just give me a place to stay in with simple facilities then I'll be good and happy. Last night made me thought twice about myself, as it was beyond what I expected, in a bad way. The price I paid was not much, so I wasn't expecting much really, but really this place just isn't up to par. Upon arrival, I was "welcomed" by some papers stuck on the door of the house, which instructed me to pick up a phone that rings a person in charge of the place. The person then told me to wait as he will be sending a person to the house to deal with the administrative bits. Before I get to this part, it must be noted that there is an immediate feeling of fear at a place that is beyond unorganised and messy, and you'll be standing there in silence. It is creepy and just really uncomfortable. Then this person came over, and was completely not professional at all. He stumbled upon papers to find what's going on and looked puzzled when he saw what's written on the paper. At last, while cracking jokes, he somehow figured out what to do, which was to take a key and open a room to check if there's anyone living in there, and that there is the check-in procedure. The room was completely filled with the smell of bleach, with dust almost all around the place. To be honest, if you're here for one night then I think it's fine, but really the procedures and the people made it really unwelcoming to the point where it starts to get creepy.
Other trip Jan 2, 2016
Yaus
HK
"never again"
uncomfortable and disappointing, not the cleanest place
Other trip Nov 26, 2015
"nice location & very clean"
I liked our stay here except there's no heater in our room, by nighttime, there's no more staff to assist us. Though space is a challenge, but it's expected for a budget hotel.
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
Gen
PH
The room was clean and the staff friendly. I would recommend it to friends.
2 night trip Oct 20, 2015
joseph
"Room are very compact"
All is great staff and the cleanliness of the hotel and room except the room is too small it is a third of normal room. was not clear the size of the room in the pics till I reserved and got there.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
Abd Allah
Not recommend in terms of facility, no Ac , no utensil, no mirror and wash basin in room with private bathroom. After u paid for more then one day nobody will clean yr room.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
I mean, the place is cheap. you can't ask for a big deal, but the woman doesn't speak english
1 night trip Oct 21, 2015
Rodrigo
"rubbish"
Absolute nightmare
3 night trip Oct 16, 2015
ERTOGRUL
Most horrible ever. Service was poor. First I was made to wait for an hour before anyone attended to me. When he came he was so rude, telling me not to rush him, he has other business to attend to. Then he tries to swindle me more money for the room and says I was not charged tax, I show him the email which stated clearly that this was the full amount you are to pay for your room. He says I shouldn't blame him if at night someone comes and kicks me out
1 night trip Oct 18, 2015
"Good location, clean room, noisy."
I was met by Mi who checked me in and explained everything to me. She has a great sense of humour and I caught onto her accent fairly quickly! My room is clean and bed is comfortable. I have my own bathroom and it is also clean, small but nice to have my own. There was some confusion with other renters after I checked in. People arriving here but should be at another house, sent here but booked elsewhere. Mi seemed to work it out and satisfy all involved. I took a short walk to Dundas and Spadina and picked up some Chinese food (this is the middle of Chinatown) and it's so exciting to be here. But.......My room was right near the front door and it's very noisy there. You hear the squeaky door open and close every time someone comes and goes. People were still showing up after 11pm(quiet time) and then the night manager was talking on his phone, on a personal call, until midnight. Then someone showed up at 3:20 am for a room. I didn't get a lot of sleep here. If it wasn't for the noise, I would stay here again.
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
mary
"The terrible hotel ever"
This is the worst place that I have visited. Nothing is good. Very dirty, uncomfortable, badly managed, no staff except the Cleaning lady is a nice one.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
R.H.
Very sketchy place. Motel service woman barely speaks English.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2015
"Very dirty and uncomfortable"
We booked three nights, but once we get there, we immediately decided to cancel the other two nights' stay. The staff told us that they change the beddings every day, but the pillows are quite smelly.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
The room was very small so much so that while in the bathroom you couldn't close the door because it was so tiny. The beds were also very hard and squeaky and the room had bugs and no screens on the windows.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
"0"
hi i want to Tell you gays it's very bad and its not a hôtel its just for homelasse im very disepointed i pays for two night whit my family we just slep for one night
2 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
makhgar
"Do not stay here"
Our stay turned out ok but they are tiny rooms with minimal hot water for showering. All the plumbing looks dodgy and it seems more like a home where illegal immigrants would stay rather than paying customers. The advertisement says private bathroom but this simply means the toilet is next to the bed and not in its own room. People should not stay here and it should not even be up on these sites. The owner is an asian man who speaks minimal English and communication with him proved difficult.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Dylan
"One night @ Toronto"
Worst hotel, Dirty, bad smell everywhere, nothing is clean. You have to pay extra for parking. It is better to sleep inside the car rather than book these hotels. I is impossible to sleep because of bad smell, uneasiness for dirt and noise. I believe they never clean the bead sheet, pillow cover, towels and bathroom.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
M-Hoss
"Bad"
Will not go back there
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Denis
"not a hotel, not even a lodge. more of a boarding"
everything sucks, they let you eait forever and they ask for a full payment for your stay with no refund!
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
kiloy
"Very basic room - Clean, cheap, safe bed for a night."
My spouse and I were heading down to the Jays game and needed a cheap, clean place to stay after the game. It was a safe walk to and from the Rogers centre, with cheap ($12/day) parking down the street. Nothing fancy, but we got what we paid for - a clean bed in a room for a few hours sleep. Don't expect much. The owner / manager was very helpful.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Alison
Fairly satisfactory. Okay for the price. Close to downtown.
Other trip May 10, 2015
"Cheap and cheerful"
I actually ended up in another property not far away but that was no problem. it seems several properties are owned by the same people.
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Cheap place for a night"
If all you are looking for is a bed in a room then this is what you want, not the most fancy place, but really cheap if all you need is a place to stay for a night.
2 night trip May 1, 2015