All hotels in Newport, Rhode Island, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here249 Jt Connell Hwy, Newport, RI, 02840, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Nice for the price
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"weekend getaway"
Big problems checking in, and no hot water
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Timothy
"Overnight stay"
noisy. wifi was not included with the room, but was a separate charge...which conflicted with the information on the site. There was conflicting check out information, this site says 12 pm, whereas he information as the motel says 11 am. The room was clean, but it was right near one of the exits. Each time someone went out the door slammed very hard. Also, I was on the 1st floor near the lobby. The hallway leading to my room funneled any noise from the lobby area down the hall...so again noisy.
1 night trip Jan 24, 2015
"Needs new Heating/Cooling System"
Only complaint was the heat, it was either on or off, you can not set it to a temperature, it is just like the heat and cooling inside a car. YOu can only ajust how hot/cool the air is and high or low. I had to wake up cold and turn it on only to wake up again burning up to turn it off.
3 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
"Inexpensive rooms"
Easy to hear what was going on in the hallways, and some loud guests were yelling at each other
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Clean & great value place to stay"
This is the second time we used this hotel. The staff was nice, the hotel and room were clean, and the rate was great. The area is good and the hotel is right next to a WalMart, Stop & Shop and other stores. It is also just a few miles from the action in downtown Newport. Our only minor complaint is the TV was not set up correctly and only offered a few channels and the WiFi isn't free. We have every intention of using this place again, it's a great value.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"Sailing Mom"
The front desk reception was fine. Hotel was fine.We asked for non-smoking, and we did get that. However, unfortunately, the smoking that people have done in the building-stairwells, their smoking rooms- has traveled through the whole motel(probably through the years) and the whole place smells like wretched stale smoke. My daughter & I were only looking to sleep in a inexpensive place for a night, so it did the job. It was $75/night thru hotels.com. Neighborhood is not horrible- right next to shopping center. Pretty quick 5-7 min ride to town! No frills- but none expected. I was happy that it seemed bug & pest free!
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
"Cheap rate cheap value. You get what you pay for"
The room smelled like wet towels. Hotel didnt offer basic amenities of shampoo conditioner etc. come prepare with the basics.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2014
"Not satisfied with this property"
The room I was given had obviously been smoked in eventhough it was a non smoking room. I was a bit uncomfortable when i arrived and there was a policeman in the lobby. This made me feel unsafe in the neighborhood. I also would have liked to be informed that dish network was feuding with some networks so there was no CBS or ABC available. I have stayed in many motel 6 hotels acrosss this country and was very disappointed!!
1 night trip Nov 7, 2014
Dana
"Newport Stay"
Very pleasant, close to my destinations.
2 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Lois
"Nice cheap place"
Cheap jourey with a couple of friends
1 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2014
alessandra
"Great for the Price"
I felt this was a great deal. For what you're paying, you can't expect a pool or gym- items I never take advantage of anyways. I got a clean, comfortable room. That's all I wanted. And where other area rooms are four times the cost of this motel, I was ecstatic to find this place. Pros and Cons: This is near Newport. You can take a back road along the bay and get there in no time. This is walking distance from the Newport Storm brewery. You can get loaded and walk back to your room. It's also next to a shopping plaza with groceries and restaurants. The room had a large mini fridge and microwave. The bad: The parking is inadequate. I circled many times before parking along the back road. Perhaps you can park in the lot next door- I wasn't going to risk being towed. Second, there's a non-stop slamming of heavy room doors all night. This is common to most places and cruise ships, but it's something to be aware of. My bed comforter was heavily stained and a few items showed wear- not a big deal to me. The TV station selection was pretty poor. But, again, for the price- I was very happy with my stay.
2 night trip Oct 24, 2014
Bryan
"Not bad for the pricing....."
Don't expect anything and you will be happy with the place......good location for the price......
1 night trip Oct 21, 2014
"Nice, basic room"
Had a nice stay at this inexpensive, clean, pet friendly motel. We will be back!
2 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"Not worth the little savings."
There was feces in the toilet of 1 of the 2 rooms I rented. There was leftover food in both refrigerators and the freezers were both very iced over. The beds hurt all of our backs. There was a stain on my bedspread. The towels were picked up but not replaced. The bed was not made up for the second day. There was no clock, no card to put out for service or not, no coffee pot, no shampoo or hair dryer. You could get coffee, hair dryer or iron at front desk, also new towels. This was not convenient. The milk for the coffee in the lobby was dry cremora, yuck. There also was no elevator. The amount we had to pay for taxis to get to and from added so much to the cost that there was no savings. We should have stayed elsewhere anyway.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Ticked off
"Clean"
handicapped room was clean and well maintained. We stayed an extra night and was well pleased.
1 night romance trip Oct 15, 2014
Not bad for the money u get wat u pay for all in all decent hotel
2 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
gerry
"Great value compared to overpriced area hotels"
It was a comfortable and pleasant stay. The room was relatively clean, though not perfect and the hotel was a bit old. The big positive point was a very helpful and attentive service by the personnel, who really tried to help me with a couple of things on my last day there. And the amazing value - especially when compared to the other, overpriced hotels in that area.
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
Cedric
Everything was fine except the price quote from hotels.com was not honored.
1 night trip with friends Oct 12, 2014
Al
"Booked non smoking got Smoking room"
Booked 2 rooms in April. Traveled in Oct. We got there about 8:45 and got the last two rooms. The rooms were not what I booked, which was non-smoking with fridge and microwave. Both of my room smells like smoke so bad!!! The door did not say it was non-smoking like the other rooms, the only thing was an ashtray in the room with a non smoking sticker on it. Very disappointed!!! They could not give us another room because there was no other rooms to give us.
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2014
"Good n' Cheap"
we expected no frills, and we got it. But it was clean, and inexpensive, and convenient location.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Marianne
"Close to activities"
Great motel for the price. Newly renovated rooms. Walls were very thin could hear conversations in next room.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"RUDE FRONT DESK STAFF"
The gentleman at the front desk was rude and unhelpful upon check in. He was condescending and dismissive. I would never stay at this hotel again based on his completely unprofessional behavior.
2 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Suzanne
"Good stay"
Thrilled that they gave me a late check out so I could shower after my half Marathon.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
Alicia A
"Great motel - too bad the staff stole my e-reader"
The motel was quite nice - wood floors, etc. For the price, it is clearly the best motel in the Newport area. Sadly, I left my e-reader behind. When I contacted customer service the next day they sent me a form letter about how they are not responsible for items that are left behind. I also got an email notification from Barnes and Noble that someone had used my nook. Since it was less than 24 hours after we left, I have to assume a hotel employee stole it and Motel 6 seems not to care.
1 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2014
One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. I will not go back.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"did not stay"
asked for non smoking room and they did not have any left so we left terrible
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Settling because of Newport Boat Show demand"
Expectations weren't high, but at the jacked up r-a-t-e of one-hundred-fifty dollars per night I would have expected wi-fi to at least be free. "No smoking room" smelled of smoke from the smoking hallway and stairwell. The room had no carpeting (pseudo hard wood floor and did not feel comfortable. Again, for $60 I would not have such expectations. Lesson learned: book well ahead with another hotel for this boat show in Newport.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Glenn
"It was a DUMP!!!!"
Paid $2.99 per nite for WiFi, had my tablet AND laptop but, could only use one!! I thought WiFi was in the air? Key card into the side of the building did not work, someone had to LET us in!! No carpeting, hard furniture, worst Motel6, ever!! Can't believe Friday nite's charge was $138!!!!
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Robin
"CLOSE TO ALL VENUES AT NEWPORT RI"
I WAS WORRIED ABOUT THE REVIEWS WHEN I BOOKED MY STAY BUT AFTER ARRIVING AND SEEING THE ROOM VERY CLEAN I WONDERED WHAT THOSE REVIEWS SAW THAT I DIDNT?GREAT RATE FOR THE LOCATION .NOT BAD AT ALL FOR A PLACE TO LAY YOUR HEAD.I RECCOMEND ANY TIME! I WILL DEFINENTLY BOOK AGAIN ON MY NEXT TRIP TO NEWPORT RI?
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
BIG FRANK SR
you get what you pay for, it's cheap
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Worst I have been in, and most expensive, Motel 6"
Wow, a manager that never shows up at work, night or morning, and stays on the property. When do you expect him? "He hasn't come out yet." Come out? Yes he lives there, but apparently does not work there. Incredible! Most apathetic staff ever. Only shining point was a friend was staying there and got to catch up.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
The Doctor
"Close to Newport but not in an ideal area"
Overall they were flexible and helpful in giving me the option of an additional night to extend at the last minute. I was, however, disappointed that the house keeping maids tried to make me leave (knocked 2x) prior to my 11am check-out. This made me feel rushed and welcomed. Also, the shower was draining properly, their must be hair stuck in the drain causing it to clog.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Jacqueline S
Motel is basic accommodation. Not many amenities, no tissues in the bathroom, etc. Location and price for area on holiday weekend were fine.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Nice choice over the expensive big name chains"
very reasonably priced , i saved over $125 by staying here instead of at one of the big name chains and i was only a couple miles further away from where our friends were getting married. i would gladly book here again.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Jerry B
"Very decent conditions"
We enjoyed the clean room and the convenient location.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Esther
"Meh"
Non smoking hotel smelled of smoke. VERY noisy doors closing by guests who were coming in late. Bed covering had stains. Location ok though
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Karjun
"no frills less expensive option when in Newport"
Adequate for shower and sleep. Room was clean. hallways smelled like smoke but room was ok. Extra blanket not available after 10pm. Towels were clean but low quality. Overall was fine for what we needed.
2 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
cj
"not so much..."
front desk staff was clueless. The building smells.
1 night romance trip Aug 17, 2014
cl
"Too "Bare Bones" for me!"
It was too "bare bones" for me. No drawers, no place to place your things An extra shelf in the bathroom would have been nice. Had to live out of my suitcase. It would have been nice to have at least a box of tissues. Key would not work most of the time and had to keep asking the front desk to re-key the key card. On Wednesday, our room was not cleaned. They claimed they could not get into our room and thought we were in it. I would never stay at a Hotel 6 again and would not recommend it to anyone.
3 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"Bare Bones"
This was a default hotel choice and would definitely not repeat. Room stunk of cigarette smoke-- even better, the "no smoking" signs in the rooms were upside down ashtrays with a no smoking symbol on the bottom? No shampoo/toiletries available. I dropped a hairbrush that rolled under the bed (hardwood floors) and was met by herds of dust bunnies. This is a last ditch hotel. Would not stay again.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
CIndy
"You get what you pay for"
There were dog hairs on the sheets. Called front desk; they gave free sheets, but would not deliver them to the room. I had to go get them myself. Manager was very apologetic, and asked if there was anything he could do. Anyway, though they made it right, it obviously still leaves a bad taste in one's mouth. They are a "pet-friendly" hotel, but still, if the sheets are replaced daily, this shouldn't be a problem, right? No iron, no microwave, fridge, just bare-bones room. Also, rooms do not have carpeting - not really a problem, just never saw that before.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Overall nice simple room perfect for a clean place to stay when the trip is not about the hotel.bring your own shampoo they do not supply we knew that so we were all set
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"Just the necessities"
Very clean and very basic but we didn't require much. My boyfriend and I (we r in our late 20s) stayed here for our Newport trip and it served it's purpose. Shower, bed, toilet and flat screen tv :) for the price it was perfect! Not far from downtown and cab rides were decently easy (not quite NYC but fine lol). It was a bit loud, thin walls. Other than that it was just fine! Would stay here again!
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Walking distance to shopping plaza."
Strong humidity and odor. Bathroom and floors poorly cleaned.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
small family
"A good hotel to spend the night. That's it."
The hotel does not serve breakfest and the internet is charged daily.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Leticia
"Basic room, dirty sheets"
The room is plain and simple which is fine. However, when we pulled back the comforter and flat sheet, the bed and pillow were covered with hair-human or dog, I don't know! Obviously the sheets were not changed. To top it all off, the desk clerk was rude when we brought it to her attention, saying she didn't know if the new room we would change to would have clean sheets or not because that is not her job. Seriously?!?!
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
J
"It works!"
Hotel is just finishing a update smell of fresh paint was present along with new carpet in the halls. The rooms had wood floors. New to us. Room is basic no frills hotel. Next store to restaurants and shopping. Neighborhood was fine.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
"Mediocre at best....."
Hotel is right off the Jamestown Bridge about a mile. Located next to a strip mall with a WalMart, Stop & Shop and several restaurants close by. Hotel is not luxurious by any standard. The beds were adequate with skimpy linens, the rooms had hardwood floors (which gave the room an uncomfortable feel) and the rooms were clean. They stated they just renovated, but painting the halls (an ungodly orange no less!) and "upgrading" from a tube T.V. to cheap standard definition flat screens really isn't renovating in my opinion. And they desperately need another ice machine.The clientele here were very loud the nights I stayed (weekend). Personally, I was using as a place to crash for myself so it did the job. But it certainly not a place I would take the family/kids. On a side note, the charge for WIFI. Ok, some places charges, but they had 2 prices: $3/day for "slow speed" & "$5/day for "high speed". That just reeked of cheapness to me, but I guess you get what you pay for.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"Too much money"
$157/per night is more than anyone should ever pay for Motel 6. Shabby.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014