All hotels in Mumbai, India
145 Marine Drive, Mumbai, 400020, India, ‏‎800-491-6126

Score breakdown (from 1 review)

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    (0)

"EXCELLENT LOCATION, GREAT VIEW."
NOTHING SPECIAL OR WORTH MENTIONING AS IT WAS AN OFFICIAL TRIP.
Other trip May 27, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Sea Green South Hotel

"Roomy, very well located, friendly, helpful and non-judgemental staff."
08/18/15 cb19632015 Sheffield, United Kingdom
This is a pretty good option on Marine Drive. Excellent location. Staff are friendly and helpful and not at all judgemental. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the sea-view rooms are worth asking for. The drawbacks are: no complementary breakfast and no inclusive internet - indeed the internet is very pricey.
"Welcome to Mumbai!"
08/14/15 JJ844 Montreal, Canada
I stayed there for my first 3 nights in Mumbai. I loved that it was in front of the water on Marine drive. Good service, I felt very safe, again, which is important for a female traveler. very clean! I left after 3 nights because I wanted to stay in Colaba and something cheaper... But reading other reviews, i must say that I'm not the most difficult person... I didn't go to India for spotless accomodation.
"Stay for the location"
07/30/15 eva_www Dallas, Texas
I guess they charge what they charge for the location. (right on Marine Drive) You'd think they'd do a better job with its upkeep for the price they quote! Besides, not all rooms have the sea view that guests would want if they were staying on Marine Drive. The staff is very nice though. No problems with reception or housekeeping. The rooms are very dated and the linen is yellowing with age. They charge an exorbitant amount for water but you can walk out and buy it nearby. The balconies need cleaning...lots of pigeon droppings. Mattresses are very hard.
"Surprisingly good"
07/29/15 arjunjayaram93 Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
It is a very good place, with very good staff! Stay was brilliant, I would recommend this place. The hotel is situated on marine drive and the view is absolutely mind blowing. You can actually sit in the balcony for hours watching the beauty of the sea.
"Overpriced yet good location"
07/27/15 Lal N Dubai
This place is right in the best part of the city Marine Drive, about 45 minutes drive from the Airport. This place is very close to lots restaurants and Metro station is also pretty close. The Hotel is pretty old, Furniture are pretty old, TV is really OLD don't know if it works i never switched it on...we had a nice balcony view....cant recommend if you are looking for a reasonable place to stay.
"Nicely located Hotel in Mumbai"
02/15/15 Peter M Mumbai (Bombay), India
I have been using this hotel every year since 2004. It is well located on Marine Drive and has very good restaurants in walking distance around the hotel on the way to Churchgate Train Station. Everybody is very friendly and should there be any shortcomings one just has to ask to have them corrected.
"Amazing views make my stay memorable"
02/03/15 Abhijit9853 Pune, Maharashtra, India
I have stayed here with my family for just one night. Everything went perfect through my visit . Check in process was fast and room boys has smiling face and they played a perfect role. We got the room on 5th floor and the view from our balcony has amazing sea view (neck view) I really enjoyed in the balcony with sea view and having Cold drinks, cofee etc etc .This make my weekends perfect.. Our rooom / Bathroom was very spacious and clean. The hotel is located at perfect location with nearby resturants, Pizza shop, cafes . All major attractions inluding gateway of india, culaba market, Girgaon beach are just 2 kms away from this hotel. But please note that you can't expect luxury here.
"Uncomfortable & Unprofessional"
01/28/15 LollyGoesTravelling
Hotel good points- Location. Right on the boulevard and walking distance to many restaurants, museums and the splendid sea wall looking over the bay Wardrobe- the first one I encountered in India but we did not use it Security guard was friendly and helpful Bad points- Beds- very obviously human bodily fluids of the 'reproductive' kind on the light top bed cover as well as small stains that resembled old blood droplets. Besides that the room and all other linen was clean Bathroom- sink had brown water coming out of the left tap Security safe- not bolted down to anything Double room- My partner and I booked a double room and turned up to a room with hard, military style separate beds. Now I say separate.. Most double beds are made up of two singles in India, but these were separated by a coffee table The floor staff- despite this being a very basic and overall dissapointing hotel, all floor staff hung around for tips. One even grabbed the key off us outside or door on the second day and opened it for us, then waited for a tip! One other younger staff member did nothing to hide his resentment at the lack of tipping. Don't get me wrong, if some service truly worthy of tipping occurs, particularly in hospitality, I'm happy to do it but this really wasn't the case Do not disturb- We also took an afternoon nap as we felt so exhausted on our first afternoon there. Sadly no 'do not disturb' signs. During our nap we were both awakened by frantic knocking at the door, which we ignored, followed by a call and yet another knocking at the door. Would have thought no response the first time was a sign to be left alone. Obviously not. Nothing was mentioned when the staff saw us shortly afterword so I assume the matter was trivial Laundry service- very expensive. 750 Rupees for 26 items (mostly socks and underwear) Taxi- we booked a taxi to the airport well in advance and had several staff members confirm it's arrival time at 9pm that night. Despite this they allowed another guest to take our cab, delaying us by 30minutes and meaning the next driver had to take a toll route, costing us more money Overpriced- as with most of Mumbai, nearly $300Au for 2.5 nights (we had to leave early so we negotiated a half day) Overall a pretty awful experience
"Good Hotel with Great View"
01/25/15 happytrips53 pune
Large room with a working a/c and large clean bathroom with plenty of hot water. Good view of the ocean from the balcony. Average room service. An older hotel with a feel of the glorious past. Walking distance from an excellent pizza restaurant nearby.
"Average Hotel with decent view"
01/19/15 MohitSingal New Delhi, India
Pretty close to Marine Drive, with no doubt the hotel is well located. The hotel has old construction, big doors & dull lobby. Although this hotel had spacious room If want a good a view then only go for this hotel...rest every thing is dull & average..