All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1038 Main Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 2W1, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.3
    2.3
    2.7
"Marketing Misrepresentation & False Advertising"
It is Invanhoe Hotel and the C&N branding is almost non-existent--regarding the Title. The pic of the comfortable lounge is false. There are no decent kitchen facilities. There are no decent bathroom/showering facilities. There is no Wifi in the room. I don't think it is too much to ask for free coffee and tea--afterall the "bed" charge is not that cheap. The front desk guys could be much more friendly and helpful. Although the location is very rough and they have to deal with some "tough customers", I have seen other backpack joints handle and manage business much better.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
Michael/Delon
"Dirty room and bad bathrooms"
Dirty room that hadn't been cleaned in awhile. Bathrooms were sketchy. You get what you pay for!
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
We got a crappy room but I think the hostel overall was good for the price. Our room was right next to a balcony that people smoked on and we were also woken up by incredibly loud construction work at 7am. Also our car got toed on the street outside, but that is beside the point. The staff were wonderful though. LGBTQ friendly.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
"Inexpensive place to sleep"
Staff knew we were coming. Said hello each time they saw us and knew our checkout day and addressed us by name. This is located 2 blocks from the former Expo and Science Center. 1 block from a Skytrain station 2 blocks to the west are the 2010 Olympics village restaurants. Two block to the north is Old Chinatown and a lot of homeless people. Stay here for a place to sleep. Don't stay here if you want your own bath or spend much time in your room. My wife wouldn't stay here but it worked for me and my college aged son.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"Ok in a pinch"
Upon arrival I was informed that this hostel was not deemed "child friendly". I was supposed to be booked at the sister hostel across the street. Due to the confusion, I was given a larger room as my son and I traveled from the Yukon to attend the Shania Twain concert and there were no other rooms available anywhere. The front desk staff was amazing and kept in touch with us during our 2 day stay, to make sure everything was going well for us during our stay. Our tv did not work and they did not replace it before we left, but that was not an issue for us. The showers were a bit sketchy, but we made due. The overall cleanliness of the bathrooms and hostel was not great, but the beds were clean and so was the sink in our room - which were the most important things to me. For the price and overall circumstance, it was not a bad stay. I felt safe and was not really concerned about the other "issues" with the accommodation. For someone who needs a place to crash and is on a strict budget, it may be acceptable. I would not stay there long term, but it served the purpose for our trip. The best part of our stay was that we were able to have comfortable beds! I have chronic pain issues, and even in expensive hotels do not get a good nights rest due to uncomfortable "new" beds. These beds were old but we managed to get 2 comfy ones. I even had a perfect pillow!
2 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
"Cheap and convenient"
Pros - kitchen/bathroom (women's) rarely occupied. Lots of rooms so I'm guessing it's rarely overbooked. Conveniently located w/ walking distance to Pacific Central station, bus stops, stores, restaurants, major attractions...etc. Cons - no real common area where guests can "hang out". Not much of hostel culture or even discounts with tour groups. One receptionist barely knew the bus lines and didn't seem to give a dang when guests asked for directions. The beds were worn to the core and not comfortable but you can ask for more blankets and use them as layers. Old historical building, so large windows meant it can get very cold. Bathroom didn't seem like it was cleaned often or thoroughly, neither did the rooms themselves. The faucet in the girls dorm didn't work and the sink didn't drain, dust on the wooden floors...etc. I'd stay here again, but I know what I'm getting.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"disgusting little cesspool flophouse STAY AWAY"
Opium den flop house We had the unfortunately pleasure of booking this deplorable little opium den to kick off our family vacation this summer. Everything that people have written about this cesspool is true, and more. The first thing you need to know is that this used to be a flop house in the heart of skid-row, so if you ever wanted to experience what it’s like spend your welfare check for a week’s worth of temporary housing, here you go. You’ll even get some local color if you’re lucky, in the form of your neighbors staying up all night doing illegal drugs and watching Jerry on the tv. I don’t know why I’m even going to describe the room for you, but I will just for humor. First, I kind of thought when it said we were getting a “queen size” bed, that meant big enough for two fully-grown queens, but alas it was a lumpy, threadbare full-size mattress from the salvation army. Additionally there was a full, home-size Amana fridge from 1982, a pedestal sink with a broken mirror, one credenza from the late 60’s with half the plastic wood veneer peeled off, and a matching linoleum dining table in the corner, with two stained, rickety chair. I’m not lying when I say that around 3AM, and after 20 minutes of wandering the halls, I found my fiancé slumped over sleeping in the stairwell, unwilling to sleep in the room. I can say without hesitation this was the worst accommodation I’ve ever experienced.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
Very NOT clean !!!! Worst place ever.
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Adventure to the Northwest BC"
Very Friendly Simone at the reception and very convenient place near train station and greyhounds terminal, the city downtown is nearby you can just walk there and the skytrain and buses to Vancouver are well located, a place to visit
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Reda

"Great place to meet people, have low expectations"
OK well for the price what do you really expect. On the flip side it is in a good location, close to wherever you want to go as in Gastown, Yaletown even Granville area and waterfront. The place isn't clean, but good for a one night stay and you meet people right away.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2015
Umair
All was what I expected for price,the bathroom could have been cleaner!
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2015
Ted
"Bunk Beds! Great Location! Not So Nice bathroom!"
Convenient location and cheap price. Best to avoid using the washroom there though.
1 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2015
"Worst hostel ever"
Two words. Bed bugs. I wasn't going to write a terrible review but the suffering I am going through from being horribly bitten in this hostel is more costly than the 70 bucks I got back from getting an infested room. It was a tiny hole on the bottom of the box spring that we unfortunately did not notice until the morning, full of disgusting little blood sucking and flesh eating insects. There was toilet water all over the bathroom floors and the people were sketchy as hell. Do not stay here
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
"The location of the hotel was good, but everywhere"
The location of the hotel was good, but everywhere around it was homeless people. It is not a place for kids,.And really we were disappointed when we arrived there, and saw the place. The hotel staff told me it is not a place for kids. Kids were afraid all the time. But it was peaceful and we did not meet any problem while staying there.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
"Decent for what you pay"
Decent place for a night to crash. Wasn't a clean place, but you pay for what it's worth.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2015
"excellent hostel, on main street road, close to ma"
excellent hostel, on main street road, close to downtown and china town, access to train station very easy and walking distance
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"Good place for a stopover."
The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The lobby was quite nice. There was an elevator and a television, fridge, and sink in the room which is rare in a hostel from my experience. The cleanliness of the hostel was poor: dirty sink in room, what appeared to be egg on the hostel room window, blanket looked worn out, etc. The hostel is in need of some repair. For instance there was no door on the men's bathroom. With more thorough cleaning and some repairs this could be a really nice hostel.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Tyler
"Central, but Not clean"
The bathroom was old and Not clean. There was no Free parking äs it. Was written.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
winky
"close to the train station"
olden style, clean and available. The beautiful V"IA rail station is just a 3 min walk through the park. This hotel must have been very elegant once upon a time. It is now a student type hostel. It was clean. had cooking facilities and shared bathrooms. It is cheaper than staying downtown.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
C&A
"Good enough for the price"
We stayed one night in the hotel. The room was not cleaned very well when we moved in, there were some hair on the bed so we decided to use our own sheets. The rooms are not sound proof so you should bring earplugs for the night. Other than that, the staff there are very friendly and helpful with your questions
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
emily
"Stay experience"
Awful experience !!! The hostel is old and dirty, the faces around are scary and people were not very polite besides I kept my body wash and sponge in the washroom before I got back the next morning, they were gone.
2 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
Adeyemi paul adegoke
"just cheap."
Room was wide and big. Bed was comfortable. Snack and beverages are cheap. It has elevator... it was awesome so far as so good,, Cleanliness.. I don't know, for me ,, bad Wifi,,,, you can use wifi only 1st floor. but if you are just backpackers, just try there. you can wash in shower room. and it also has laundry room, too.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Cheap accommodation"
I only spent one night - staff was friendly - hostel was clean -
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Awful"
Absolutely awful experience I had at this hostel. There is nothing I can any compliments for. Service was awful, the receptionist was misleading and rude. My room was dirty, the quality of bed linen was left to be desired. I will never be going back to this hostel again. It was simply not up to the task of being a hostel, it was overpriced for the services or lack of as far as I'm concerned. The kitchen was in a horrific state of affairs, there were no cooking equipment, the kitchen was empty; not even the hot water boiler was functioning! Only good thing I have to say is the location of the hostel was in an excellent place right next one of the best transport systems in the world, very easy to get around by foot with shops at either side.
7 night trip Jul 17, 2014
DoNotGoHere
NZ
Made a reservation with them, but they didn't have it when I got there. The room was old and dirty. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
Other trip May 31, 2014

"Godt til prisen"
Udemærket hostel - primært på grund af prisen. Rengøring går de ikke så meget op i - hverken på værelser eller på fællesområderne og -toiletter. Og der er ikke nogle fællesområder man kan hænge ud i, hvilket betyder, at der ikke er nogen rigtig "hostel-stemning". Sengen er forfærdelig ringe, men der er køleskab på værelset, which is nice. Morgenmaden på stedet er vildt billig og ganske god.
6 night trip Jun 25, 2015
Sebastian
DK
"値段相応です!格安で寝るだけなら十分です☆"
部屋は2段ベットが3つ並ぶ6人定員でした、大型の丸机と椅子、洗面所とテレビ、大型冷蔵庫があります。ベットは入居者順で空いている所に寝る感じです。パイプのベットなので、動くとキシキシ音が出るのは御愛嬌です(笑)エアコンは無かったので夏は暑いと思います!部屋の入り口は、個々人にカギを渡されて施錠するので、貴重品だけ持ち出して大型の荷物は部屋に置いておけば、セキュリティ面はOKです。心配なら廊下にロッカーがあるので、自身で南京錠などの鍵を用意すれば、大型スーツケース以外なら、そこへ入れれば安心です。チェックアウト後もフロントで荷物を預かってもらえるようです。フロントの対応も優しく丁寧でした。1階のみで使えるWiFiは、机や椅子、たくさんのコンセントもあって不自由はなかったです。共同シャワーや部屋には石鹸も何もないので、スリッパやボディウォッシュは必須アイテムです。コインランドリーや共同キッチンもあるようでしたが、利用しなかったので詳細は分かりません。チェックアウト後には$10のデポジット(保証金)が現金で(宿泊をカード支払いしても)返金されます。プライベート空間を重要視しない人には、駅から徒歩3分で立地も良く問題なく値段相応と思いますが、私には1泊が限界ですね!日本人と同じ部屋にしてくれる配慮など、バックパッカーには良い宿だと思います。
1 night trip Jul 4, 2015
VIAで到着したので、駅に近くてとても助かりました。ただ、Wi-Fiが部屋で使えなかったのがつらかった。
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
nana
"외진 곳에 위치함"
샤워 시설이 너무 지저분하고 낙후되었다. 배관 공사도 필요해 보이고, 청결도가 많이 떨어진다. 다운타운과 거리가 조금 있지만 외진 곳에 위치한 것에 비하면 버스편은 나쁘지 않다. 하지만 늦은 시간에는 거리가 위험하다. 객실에 있는 세면대는 물이 막혀서 빠지지 않고 벽은 금이 간 곳도 있고 락카는 녹이 다 슬고 낡았다. 창문에는 방충망도 없고 깨끗하지 못하고 삐그덕 거린다.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Jin
KR
"値段のホテル"
一泊させていただきましたが、部屋は寝るだけならいいと思います。 ただ、トイレ、シャワールームに全く清潔感がありません。 wi-fiも、ロビーでしか使えず、全く意味ありませんでした。記載ミスではありませんが、部屋では使えません。 フロントのおじさんは親切な方でした。
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"최악의 호스텔 worst hostel."
퍼시픽센트럴역에서 새벽버스를 타기위해서 예약했습니다 네이버 블로그에 최악이라는 평을 보고서도 얼마나 나쁘겠어 했는데... 차이나 타운과 가까워 치안도 좋지 않고 방에 있는 세면대는 다 녹이 슬고 침대시트는 보풀에 침대 매트는 비닐도 벗지기 않아서 움직일때마다 비닐이 부스럭 거리는 소리가 납니다. 그리고 샤워실에 있는 세면대에서는 녹슨 물이 나와서 제대로 샤워도 못했네요 하루묵어서 다행이지... 이틀이상은 절대 묵을곳이 못됩니다.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Rachel
KR
"Verkehrsgünstig gelegen"
Verkehrsgünstig gelegen, viel mehr kann man an positivem nicht berichten. Man sollte sich mit den "Zuständen" in einem einfachen Hostel vorher vertraut machen und keine "Hotelmaßstäbe anlegen, dann geht der Preis für diese "Übernachtungsmöglichkeit" in Ordnung. Mehr kann und sollte man nicht erwarten. Wir haben Nachts einen Hocker vor die Tür geschoben um ungebetene Gäste fernzuhalten, das Schloss war mit einer Visitenkarte zu öffnen, die Duschen und Toiletten eine Herausforderung - keine positive wohlgemerkt! Der Hafen ist in 15 Minuten zu Fuß zu erreichen. Es gab keine kostenlosen Parkplätze wie beschrieben. Das Parken geht nur an Parkuhren oder kostenfrei für max. 2 Std., wenn man einen freien Platz in der Nähe des Hotels findet.
2 night trip May 3, 2014
2 night business trip Aug 16, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for C & N Backpackers - Central Station

"Very average"
01/03/16 itsjustkayla Melbourne, Australia
I booked a four bed dorm but got a 6 bed dorm and was charged an extra $10 (not including the $10 deposit for the keys) on top of what I thought I had to pay when i booked. The shower was a absolutely shocking!! It practically just dripped and took forever to heat up! There was also no room to put clothes/towel to get changed as the shower was in the same room as the toilets and you have to step out of the shower to get dressed. The door is also see through! I wouldn't call it a kitchen.. It had a few pots but no utensils/plates/cutely.. There was also no food storage. The staff were very friendly though they just need to do some work on the hostel. I only stayed there for convenience (close to the bus station) but wouldn't stay there for any other reason.
"Decent hostel and fair price "
06/14/15 Devon S
I don't understand why this hostel has so many bad reviews. I was at the hostel for 3 nights. I was in a dorm on the 5th floor. The room was very big, had a fridge and a TV. It was really quiet at night too. The kitchen was OK and didn't have many pots or pans. The bathrooms were average hostel bathrooms. Nothing amazing but nothing to really complain about. Considering how expensive hostels are in Vancouver I was pretty happy with my stay.
"Total Nightmare!! Racist Receptionist!!"
02/06/15 Brogan M Scotland, United Kingdom
From beginning to end this hostel was just totally horrid. I had a job interview and I needed to print out notes because I doing a demonstration; the day of the interview I told the receptionist this and he told me that the weren't aloud to print anything because of company policy, nor would they take payment for any print outs - they had a working printer by the way! I had to make other arrangements which ended up leading me being late for the interview. It gets worse.. my shoes which cost $80 went missing and it turned out that they were thrown in the bin despite that they were brand new, literally two weeks old!! The same receptionist ended up leading me to where they store all their rubbish and told me that they were likely to be in one of the SEVERAL refuse bags; he refused to help me look for them - instead preferred to watch me search through the bags myself. Naturally I was infuriated by the whole situation, it was so humiliating that I was even in a situation like this - I told the receptionist that I was going to complain about how crap the service was and he just flipped. He started to shout at me, blamed me for leaving my shoes unattended even though everybody does it and then gave this bizarre rant about how over-demanding and spoiled I was. He was really intimidating by the way, he was very angry looking, tall and stalky. He then went onto say that he thought I was Jewish and how he always get's hassle from Jewish people. I'm not Jewish, I'm ethnically Scottish but it's besides the point. Probably the worst experience I had when I was traveling Canada. I don't know if he's still there, it's been over a year since this happened but I'd pay the little extra and stay at another hostel.
"Awfull"
11/11/14 Arthur K Nantes, France
The people at reception are not helpfull at all. The rooms (I went in three different rooms) and the bathromm are quite dirty. They got a lot problems with wi-fi but nobody cares.And when it works the wi-fi is so low
"Close to the station but not an enjoyable stay!"
09/13/14 KenndelBoulton Northwich, United Kingdom
My boyfriend and I only spent 1 night at C&N but we were not impressed. Obviously we weren't expecting luxury for the price and to be honest we just wanted somewhere to sleep before our Greyhound in the morning, but I have paid less for a lot more. The hostel is strangely signposted as a different hostel which confused us, but it is very conveniently located next door to the station. The staff member was very friendly and chatty and I like that there was snacks available at the lobby. The corridor our room was located on smelt quite badly and it was very bare. The toilets are not signposted in any way so you have no idea if it's female or male. The shower was reasonable but not the most pleasant of experiences. The room was large and had a fridge which was good - however that was the only real positive. The bed was on wheels which was slightly annoying when the floor was wooden. The room obviously hadn't been cleaned in a long time, there was dust everywhere and crumbs from previous guests and the furniture smelt too. The tip of the iceberg though was when I got into bed and jumped straight out when I felt something bite me, only to find it was a beetle/bug, nice!! The room was nice and warm though. In general, if you can deal with a bit of discomfort for one night before a greyhound bus then this hostel is ok, otherwise, don't bother.
"One word: disgusting."
09/10/14 theM0gwai Frankfurt, Germany
We stayed in this hotel for one night since it was conveniently located for traveling to Vancouver Island the next day. While the staff is friendly and helpful, the hotel itself is in a horrible state. The rooms smelled awful and did not have bathrooms. Overall cleanliness was horrible. So if you think it'll do for one night because of the location (as we did), my advice is: Don't do it!
"not the best place"
06/12/14 Zeek77 My Back Pack
If your only staying in Vancouver for a night waiting for a bus or a train then this is a great location. Right across the street from the station. The staff were very friendly but the rooms need a make over, beds were very uncomfortable, and some of the characters that came in and out of the place didn't seem like the most legit people. It's a shame because the front desk were so helpful.
"Friendly staff but disgusting rooms"
12/12/13 Erika F Houston, Texas, United States
The staff was super friendly and helpful at this hostel, and it was in a decent part of town and close to a couple of restaurants and RIGHT next to Pacific Central station, but when we checked into our room, the beds were unmade. The room also had a weird smell, and I think I got bed bugs. What got me the most was the fact the beds were unmade and I was so uncomfortable with that that I slept on top of my coat and covered up with my jacket.
"Run like the wind"
09/24/12 DeWittHouston Houston
Now, I really hate to write this review as the front desk staff just very helpful but...watch out for those buts...this is not the place for young kids, and anyone concerned about your surroundings. Several times walked past guys near the pub smoking weed. If you are on a limited budget, can manage with less than ideal situations, give it a try. I would really just recommend for someone on a barebones budget and you can't stay anywhere else or adventurous folks. Location was ideal- the bus comes right in front of hostel ( line 3, 19, 8) Line 19 takes you right to Stanley Park. Also, if you want to take a rather long ride take bus 250 to Horseshoe Bay- nice venture. One more tip, if you take the subway from the airport to end of line Waterfront to get to hostel do not take escalator to street level. Go into main station and take the subway ( blue line) and get off at Science museum stop. ( stop past stadium/Chinese). Good thing- no pesky bugs
"Worst hostel ever"
09/07/11 mark m Seattle, Washington
Last minute travel plans led me here..What a mistake.BEDBUGS BEDBUGS AND MORE BEDBUGS.Very uncleen and smelly.Seedy clientele along with drunk and rowdy bar patrons next door.Its like the salvation army and street missions dumped the ones they didnt want here.No ratings.P.S. Still scratching days after leaving that dump.