All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Awesome vibe
    Great amenities
    Bad breakfast
"Nice!"
Great hotel, awesome room with urban feel to it. Area still undergoing construction but I loved all the restaurants and coffee shop in the building!
7 night trip Dec 3, 2015
We enjoyed our stay at the ALT Hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is just one thing that annoyed me. We came home around 6pm from a day of walking around the city and to our surprise , the maid service was cleaning our room, and we had to wait in the hallway. I did mention this to the front desk at check out and they said something about the holiday and would note that in our profile. (???)
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
"Better than cold watermelon."
We enjoyed the stay mor than we had anticipated. We arrived in the morning from our cruise ship. The staff took stored our baggage until we checked in in the PM. After a day out touring,we arrived well fed and pooped. Crawled into the wonderful bed and dosed off to football.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
"New Mod Low Cost Design Hotel"
Great new design hotel. In a new "developed" neighborhood so about a 15 minute walk to the metro, helpful if you have car otherwise Uber makes it easy to get around and it is walkable it's just a bit of a hole through desolate development before you get to anywhere you want to be. The staff were amazing, the design great, the room was spacious (get a corner room away from the elevators) amazing views! Great wifi, nice bathrooms, no fridge or safe as they are trying to be design without the price of a high design place. I missed the fridge and would gladly trade in the bedside clock and the coffee mate supplied coffee maker for a real fridge and safe. The lobby is directly adjacent to a Starbucks (which I loved!). Weekends they offer free mimosa and on my floor (17th) an ice machine. Would highly recommend this place and would consider staying here again if I returned to Montreal.
4 night trip Sep 3, 2015
Neil
"Hotel Customer Service? Oh wait, there wasn't any"
If I could give the service a negative rating I would. Everyone that I communicated with at this hotel was extremely rude and curt. They were less than helpful when we had questions about our bill and the hotel policy. I'm not sure if it is all the hotels or just the Montreal location that nickel and dimes their patrons but this place sure did. It is really too bad the service was so terrible because the ambiance of the hotel was great. Loved the modern feel and cleanliness of the place. Unfortunately, due to the service we will not be return customers.
1 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
Jenna
"Clean, modern and quiet hotel"
My boyfriend and I stayed here during our first visit to Montreal. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. They spoke fluent English even though it is a French speaking city. We loved our room, it surpassed my expectations; larger then we thought it would be (we had a corner room), great views of the downtown area of the city, very clean and comfortable. We never heard a sound either coming from outside or in the hall. The quietest city hotel we've ever stayed in. The only negative is that you have to walk at least 15 minutes to get to any attractions in the city.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
G
Great spot! Friendly staff. Very modern, comfortable and clean!
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
Bethany
"Perfect for our Honeymoon!!"
Amazing staff, gorgeous/modern room and great location! We just got back from our honeymoon and spent three great days at the Alt Montreal. The staff was just amazing helping us with questions about the city and making sure our stay was great. Within walking distance of Old Montreal and many of the sites!!
3 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Charlene
"Within walking distance of all the fun stuff."
Location has you within walking distance of all the "first look" places of Montreal. Beautiful rooms with great beds.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
"Now Is The Time To Stay At Hotel ALT"
Hotel ALT is a new hotel in the transitioning neighborhood of Griffintown located near the Lachine Canal, in the southwest section of Montreal. The area was industrial and subsequently there are few of the local amenities that typically exist in a more touristed area. Never the less, if I were an investor, I'd be pretty excited about Griffintown's potential. The location is close enough to popular and important parts of Montreal that one can walk, drive, or cab it to the Old City, high end shopping, bars, restaurants, and the Bell Centre for Habs games. There are some nearby choices already for guests to grab a drink or meal but Montreal's vaunted Metro trains don't extend there so if you're not big on walking, prepare to pay 8 to 10 dollars for a cab to a Metro station or St Catherine's Street. The front desk staff are friendly and will offer to contact a cab. Affordable underground parking on site keeps your vehicle safe. The rooms themselves are smallish, fashionably high end, clean, and technologically up to date. Bedding is soft and water pressure is great. Right now, as the neighborhood builds "buzz", the rates are extremely reasonable. We stayed for the Women's World Cup Semifinal on a Tuesday and the hotel was sold out. I think when more businesses & office space are added to the area, the rates will increase to take advantage of the location. Check it out now.
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Excellent, very modern, bed was very comfortable
3 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Maria
"Amazing at a great price"
Enjoy it very much
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Maids walk in after knocking, despite calling out"
Everything was fine except the maid walked into my room 3 times in the morning despite yelling to her that I was in the room.
1 night family trip May 14, 2015
Mathieu
"Great first experience"
First time staying in a hotel in MTL. I love that I could walk to Old Montreal which is beautiful. It was about a 15 minute walk. Also the location is perfect pretty much close to the center of everything. Definitely would recommend and I will be staying here again.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Alicia
"Best place ever!"
I tavel a lot and this is one of the nicest place I ever stayed! Great staff, outstanding rooms and close to downtown Montreal! Out of 10, I give them a 19....yeah, it's that good!
3 night trip with friends Feb 18, 2015
Olivier
"Modern and comfortable new hotel near downtown"
This brand new hotel is built in the latest developing area in Montréal, Griffin Town. A stone throw from downtown, Vieux Montréal and the old Port the area is getting a radical transformation and is fast becoming one of hot and happening neighbourhood. The ALT is part of a chain of similar hotels, all sharing similar characteristics. One of the most interesting features is that their rates remain the same all year round, ending the ridiculous practice of most hotels which will raise and reduce prices like a yo-yo! One of
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
stefano
"Great Hotel in Up-and-Coming Neighborhood"
Brand new hotel in an up-and-coming neighborhood in Montreal. It's a hike or a drive from the Plateau district and other sites, but there are a few restaurants scattered nearby. The area appears to be rapidly changing so in a year I would expect more services to be nearby. The hotel was very clean, modern and comfortable. Would definitely recommend staying here.
1 night trip Oct 7, 2014
"Location is not convenient"
Location is not convenient yet. Too far from the business district for business travelers and too far from Old Montreal for tourists and it's 10 minutes walking to the nearest Metro station.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"A pleasing stay"
The hotel is located at an up and coming part of town, so don't expect too much from around the hotel. The check-in is relatively smooth, and parking is at underground with the office block, so a transfer of elevator is needed. The design of the room is ok, but the window is quite small for the room due to the architectural design of the building, and the bed maybe a bit tall for Asian travelers. The storage bin under the bed is quite useless, and the lack of kettle in the room or a loaner from front desk. The room layout is quite different but it makes the room feel smaller than it is. The bench inside the bathroom is a nice touch for travelers who likes to change inside the bathroom, but storage space is limited and it is difficult to lay flat more than one 26" suitcase. The wood panles looks awful and fake, but the rest of the room work.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"all around great place"
you get more than you pay for. walking distance to so so much. clean and modern building. staff was super knowledgeable about the surrounding areas and make good suggestions.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
craig
"Happy we stayed here"
We were very happy with ALT Montreal Griffintown. They are an animal friendly hotel which suited us. It is a 15 min walk to both, downtown Montreal and Old Montreal from the hotel. You have the option to pay for unlimited underground parking or park on the street. We parked right across the street from the hotel and left the car there all weekend with out incident. There is construction in the area due to the development of condos yet, it did not interfere with the parking or us getting around town. There is no continental breakfast of refrigerators in the room. They do offer free wifi which is great especially if your traveling with out an international data plan.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"A wonderful hotel...just be patient as the area up"
We stayed three nights and had a great experience at the Alt. It was spotless and the staff was very helpful. The restaurant next door was very nice, too. Don't miss the outdoor terrace on the 7th floor. We had our own little private cocktail hour there.
3 night trip Jul 28, 2014
Randy & Scott
"Friendly, clean, location, but some quirks"
The staff had the perfect demeanor. Extremely kind & helpful staff with plenty charm. At check-in all of my questions about the hotel and Montreal were answered with personal opinions& recommendations sprinkled in. Something I notice more often is a lack of bathroom privacy as these doors didn't lock and the shower glass is see-through giving a clear view of both the shower and toilet from the bedroom.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
J
"Central Location....great for business travellers"
Good location (up and coming area, somewhat dismal in parts but safe) - close to dining, major roads and very clean hotel - definitely 'no frills' but that is what ALT is all about and that's ok. Would stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2014
Business Trip
"Nice and friendly staffs"
Staffs were extremely helpful and nice. Every touristic attraction is within walking distance, but the surrounding neighborhood seems a bit sketchy (although there's nobody) to roam around at night...
1 night trip Jun 17, 2014
JH
"very nice, modern hotel"
very nice, modern, new hotel. efficient room layouts. perfect for a weekend getaway to montreal. nice up and coming neighborhood.
1 night trip May 27, 2014
"excellent stay"
Hotel was in great condition. We were looking for a nice place with possibly free or cheap parking around as we were driving . The hotel was great. About a 10 minute walk to old town/ touristy areas which we did not mind at all. And we found free street parking right across the street for the weekend. Don't think we would have found a better deal.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
MD
"super nice boutique rooms"
great rooms and very friendly staff - would come again, no doubt
1 night trip May 14, 2014
Great stay, hotel is new and modern. A bit far away from from attractions, but had no problem finding free street parking.
4 night trip May 14, 2014
AL
help was mean, pushed us aside and they were very rude.
1 night trip Apr 30, 2014
rich kasper
"A Very Nice Experience"
I'm occasionally asked to recommend a hotel in Montreal. Since I live in the city, I haven't stayed at any, until now. Our home is without heat and water for about a week, so, attracted by the low introductory rate, I booked us into this new property. The Griffintown area is a huge swath of real estate extending from Old Montreal to the Atwater Market. It is being extensively redeveloped with condos replacing crumbling factories and vacant warehouses. In a couple of years, I can imagine the area will be quite vibrant, but for the next little while, expect plenty of dump trucks, heavy equipment, and a lack of community feeling. That said, the hotel has all the conveniences and attention to detail that should make one's stay a very pleasant experience. The furnishings are very modern, the room is a bit small but extremely comfortable, and the staff is outstanding! As a bonus, free street parking can still be found close to the property. The location, once you get over the constant construction in the area, is perfect for tourists, just minutes from Old Montreal, the Lachine Canal, and a short walk to downtown. I already made a reservation at the hotel for someone visiting the city in July, and have zero hesitation in recommending the Alt Montreal Griffintown.
5 night trip Apr 27, 2014
D. Wiener
"Great - Location - Area still developing"
First time staying in ALT hotels. Stayed in Brossard and in Griffintown. I like the ALT hotel concept - nice rooms, comfortable rooms - hip retro look. Griffintown is great because it is in the middle of downtown and Old Montreal.... however it looks like Griffingtown is up and coming area - with a lot of abandoned buildings, or brand new construction.. But that is minor.
1 night trip Apr 16, 2014
Brad

Nice room, clean, modern, but no valet service and no fridge in the room
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2015
Genevieve
Nice, clean, new and very modern Scandanavian style hotel. Good value.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
"Modern hotel, clean and a short walk to downtown."
Would definitely stay again. Sleek, 'new' style hotel. Great ambiance.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
"Trendy Hotel"
I commend this hotel for thinking outside of the box, in terms of the traditional hotel in Canada. The hotel had a very modern feel. For example, in order for the lights in the room to work, the keycard had to be placed into a holder by the door. This would inevitably not allow guests to leave their lights on when they have left the room. The room had a very efficient use of space. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the temperature was very easy to control. There was no check out time and the staff were very courteous and friendly. I would stay in this hotel again and again. I have already told my friends about this hotel and I am going to search them out wherever I go. 2 big thumbs up!!!
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
Darnelle
contemporary yet quite a cozy room with a stunning view of the city, ideal for a weekend getaway with your significant other. Not too far from downtown but far enough to experience a little tranquility. The staff were polite and accommodating. I'd stay here again.
3 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
sabrina
"Will do it again!!"
In Montreal on business......great location for where we needed to be and since we were working crazy hours and not having time to enjoy all the nightlife and wonderful restaurants Montreal has to offer we were really pleased to have had a restaurant in the hotel and other stops to pick up snacks as needed nearby. Will stay here again and definitely recommend it to others!
2 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
"Clean room and nice location"
The room is clean and the bed is very comfortable. The location is fine, quite and safe.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Room was comfortable, but disappointed no fridge in room, no hotel or nearby restaurants for breakfast. Attached bar/restaurant was great for dinner.
2 night romance trip Sep 27, 2015
Doug
"Great hotel close to downtown and the Old Port"
ALT Hotel was a great experience. It was clean, friendly, in a great location, and had great places to eat without having to leave the hotel. I would definitely recommend ALT and will be back!
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
Cheryl
"Alt rocks!"
Beautiful hotel. Neighbourhood not so much but plenty of work underway to fix it up. Short walk to old Montreal. Good time.
2 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2015
Excellent!!!! Am amazing stay and awesome staff. I can't say enough about this place.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
Tyler
Amazing! Best hotel I've stayed at in years!
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2015
Tyler
"Affordable, comfort"
Nice, new, clean hotel with minimalist modern design. Rooms are functional, beds are very comfortable and staff is friendly but don't expect all the usual ammenities which for example just means you have to go downstairs for your coffee. No big deal for me as the comfort and price outweigh what some of the bigger hotels offer. I've been back twice and would stay again
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2015
Daryl
"Modern hotel close to Old Montreal"
We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Alt and would recommend it to others. It is a short walk to Old town and a simple bus trip up to the metro and other areas of interest. The hotel room was modern and clean and comfortable.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Dawne
"Nice hotel in up and coming neighbourhood"
It was a nice hotel, about 15 minute walk to the Old Port, which was wonderful, but it lacked amenities and was kind of out of the way of other things to do. There is no restaurant, although there a couple right beside the hotel. We went to the one, Zibo, one night, it was very expensive for food that was just ok at best. It was a little over 1 km to the down town area where everything was happening. It was a lot of walking that's for sure. The hotel was very clean, and the staff were always pleasant to deal with. I like the trendy design throughout and how the hotel was trying to be energy conscious!! I think once the rest of the neighbourhood is developed this would be a great place to stay, but for right now we just felt it was a little out of the way.
Other trip Sep 11, 2015
"new hotel close to old city"
modern clean hotel with excellent staff.close to great restaurants in the heart of Griffintown
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
james
"Modern new hotel near downtown Montreal"
Modern, European style rooms. The hotel is either newly-built or recently renovated; all the furniture in the unit was in top shape and very clean. The hotel amenities are average; parking costs $20/day; restaurants are nearby. The hotel is near the Lachine canal and not too far from downtown Montreal.
2 night business trip Aug 29, 2015
"Close to Old Montreal"
Nice hotel and within walking distance to Old Montreal. Griffintown has a lot of work going on at the moment (streets being repaved, buildings being modernised, etc.) but still very easy to navigate your way to Old Montreal and beyond.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015