All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
31-32 Argyle Square, London, England, WC1H 8AP, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great Quality for Price in Key Transport Hub"
Stayed in this area as it was close to my company's London office, but it was also very conveniently located near transport so I could squeeze in some sightseeing on the weekends and in the evenings. The Angus was fantastic for its price and location--as warned in other reviews, the room was a little small, but since I wasn't planning to do much besides sleep and shower, it was just the right size for me. Reception was open 24/7 and whoever was there was always actively polite, greeting me rather than waiting for someone to get their attention. Food choice in the area was a bit underwhelming, as most of the options near Kings Cross are oriented toward quick meals before your train ride, but I'm an adventurous eater who doesn't like to repeat restaurants, so I suspect this wouldn't be as much of an issue for others. I was always able to walk to somewhere decent within fifteen minutes. Would definitely recommend the hotel for those looking for a quality inexpensive hotel option.
8 night business trip Nov 28, 2015
"Nice Little Hotel Near Train Station"
This is a centrally located hotel near King's Cross and St. Pancras. The rooms are small, but well appointed. The bathrooms are newly renovated. Although there was no thermostat, I was able to open the window to let cool air in. The bed was comfortable and I was able to store my luggage with them on the front and back ends of my stay. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night trip Nov 22, 2015
great price and condition for the price and location
5 night trip Nov 4, 2015
Nizan
"The Angus in London"
Room was small but comfortable
2 night family trip Oct 12, 2015
Connie
"Small but great value"
Great hotel for the price - although the rooms are definitely as small as advertised. The bathroom is tiny to the point of frustration, but we lived with it as overall we just needed a place to rest our head and clean after 18+ hours out and about. If staying longer than 3-4 days I'd probably consider a hotel with larger rooms.
3 night romance trip Aug 31, 2015
matthew
"Good for budget"
We just stayed for one night for the flight next day. It was close to the metro and train station with good price. Room is small but clean and very functional, staff very attentive and friendly.
1 night romance trip Aug 10, 2015
Ling-lin
Room was very clean but very small. Personnel was very friendly and helpful.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2015
"Good bargain, clean & comfortable"
Overnited here from Gatwick before heading home to the US from Heathrow. Easy transport in via Thameslink, easy transport back out via Piccadilly, about a 3 block walk from Kings Cross station. Lobby area a little worn, but friendly desk clerk showed me to the room when I arrived at 22:00. Room & bath typical for Europe, i.e. tiny, but both were spotless, and it was just me staying. Double bed was comfortable, with decent linens & plenty of pillows. It was a lower level room so required maneuvering luggage on stairs, but missed any street noise. Would be tough to stay here very long with more than 1 person, as not much space for luggage, but for a night or two would be a good value in an expensive city. Would stay again.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Melinda
"Tiny"
A very small room at a pretty expensive rate, BUT typical of all London hotels in this area. Best suited for a one night stopover. Otherwise hotel staff excellent, location convenient, clean quiet.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Sam
"Small but nice"
Angus hotel is small hotel in English style:). I visited Royal Veterinary College and this hotel was perfect location for this purpose. Room has a separate bathroom (both is very tiny but it was enough for me). There were everything I needed - double bed, mirror, hair dryer, even big TV. Hotel staff was extremely friendly.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Irina
"Wise choice"
My room was tiny but fine. I could be in Kings Cross station in 5 minutes. Post office and food on the way. Wise choice.
7 night trip Oct 8, 2014
nancy
This is a very nice hotel to stay if you are visiting London. It is very close to the international train station St. Pancras. The rooms are extremely small, but we didn't need more than a bed, a functional bathroom and a TV, which was perfectly provided.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Small but neat"
The room was quite small but clean. The bed was wonderfully comfortable. Very conveniently located to Kings Cross / St. Pancras for getting around the city. We were at the very top of the stairs, so it was a bit of a hike to our room, and it was a little warm if we popped back through in the late afternoon, but the window out to the park was nice. Overall, pleasant and convenient for a short stay, but wouldn't want to stay longer with the limited space.
4 night romance trip Sep 18, 2014
Carly
"Good location, convenient to tube"
Hotel was found to be similar to other reviewers. Great location, blocks from Kings Cross stop, just a short walk to hotel. Hotel was clean and staff was friendly. The room was small, but this was anticipated from other reviewers comments. We had a front room which had some street noise at night, but no more than to be expected from being in a large city. I would stay there again.
8 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Great small hotel"
Upon arriving, we were immediately greeted by the staff member at the front desk and were able to check in early as our room was available. The guy at the front desk immediately jumped up to help get our luggage to our first floor room (just up the stairs past the desk). The room is small, but we easily fit in two large suitcases plus carry ons by playing a little Tetris. The room was always immaculately clean, and we had clean cups & spoons with tea, biscuits & water every day. The water in the shower was hot and we always had clean linens. The only drawback was the lack of air conditioning. We were there in the hottest week of the summer, and we were rarely ever cool in our room even though we left the window open 24/7. We felt very safe in the hotel arriving back at various hours of the night. There was always someone at the front desk. Upon checkout, the employee at the front desk immediately ran up the stairs to help with luggage. The size may not be good for everyone, but it was great for a couple that was traveling light and spending most of the day in the city. It's proximity to King's Cross, St. Pancras & Euston stations made it a great location. The hotel also had all modern amenities including a very nice flat screen tv with cable access, an electric kettle, and a hair dryer in the room.
7 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Rob
"Good for overnight"
The room was tiny but had a bath "en suite." It was perfect for our one-night stay before an early train, with an easy walk to the Kings Cross Station.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Lee
My niece and I had a comfortable stay. However we did find the bathroom/shower room to be very small but it was adequate for our stay in London. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014

"London weekend"
Friendly staff, price for a London Hotel with this quality was very good.
2 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2016
Jane
"Close to Kings Cross Station"
This hotel was OK and very close to Kings Cross Station.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
"Good for Short Stays"
It was good for the price. If you do not want anything luxurious, humble and comfortable stay in guaranteed.
2 night business trip Jan 14, 2016
Dong Hyun
"Great little hotel!"
I had a very nice time. The staff were friendly and the room was stylish with a lovely view over the square.
1 night trip Jan 9, 2016
Marc
"Clean and convenient"
Very convenient for kings cross or st pancras. Clean and modern room though very small. Would use again if just needed a bed to sleep in
1 night trip Dec 28, 2015
Catherine
"just one of the business hotels; reallocation"
I was reallocated to Crestfield Hotel, the same hotel chain to Angus Hotel, due to the low reservation. I was offered a free breakfast service, which was a nice compensation. The receptionists were generally friendly and hospitable. The condition of my room was, however, below my expectation: too small space, not enough supplies including no hanger and refrigerator, complimentary water, and the like. The wifi was wonderful, though.
3 night trip Dec 23, 2015
GYUHO
"Ideal little room 200 yards from Kings Cross"
Small hotel, small room contained everything one needs, down to cookies. Everything new and spotless. 4th floor room hard on the knees, but staff very willing to carry my bag. No lobby or communal spaces.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2015
Janet
"Small but comfortable"
I really liked this little hotel. I thought the room was a decent size the bed was probably the best I've slept in this year. However the en suite was way too small, the sink was tiny and also got in the way when you sat on the toilet. The shower unit was fine though. Check in was simple and quick and being walking distance to Kings Cross was perfect for my stay.
1 night trip Nov 27, 2015
Small but clean
2 night trip Nov 14, 2015
Ross
"An OK hotel"
Nice hotel, friendly staff. As expected the room was small but I've stayed in smaller in London.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2015
Robin
"Excellent location"
Well located walking distance from St-Pancras railstation.
Other trip Nov 1, 2015
Traveller1
"Very much a budget option"
Location is very convenient and the hotel is relatively cheap, but don't expect much in terms of comfort! The bathroom was so small I could touch every wall standing in the middle of it. The room was always clean but it was also next to the storage area so staff were always around outside the window. An alarm kept going off in the night so it wasn't very restful. The first receptionist I met was lovely and helpful, the other staff fairly nondescript.
2 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
Eleanor
"Sleep well"
Most comfortable beds ever....
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2015
"great location in kings cross but small"
smallest room i've ever had but it worked for the short visit. not cheap but only a 3 minute walk to kings cross/st pancras station. tiny but clean. no place to store suitcase and i was travelling light. no breakfast was provided DESPITE the claim on expedia that breakfast is included - no response from expedia on my complaint about this. hotel is hard to see on argyle square as it only has a small sign mounted on the wall. it is on the south end of the square facing the park.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
business guy
The hotel is near the King's Cross station and St. Pancras International Station. It's about few minutes walk to the tube station. It also convenient for transportation. In addition, there have lots of restaurants. The hotel and the places nearby are also safe. The staff are nice and helpful. I find the room size is enough for me and my husband. Although the bathroom is bit small but it's ok and clean with good hot and cold water pressure. I will stay here again if visiting London next time.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
Anthea
HK
"One star for location & another star for cleanline"
No air con, no space, no food other than biscuits. Not suitable for travellers with luggage. Little noisy if you get front room. No lift. Very clean. Bathroom difficult if you are a bit over weight.
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
regular travels
"Fine for a short stay"
We stayed one night as we needed somewhere for an overnight stop in the King's Cross area. The hotel was perfectly fine for that, set off a reasonably quiet square about a 5 minute walk from King's Cross / St. Pancras station. However, the room was very small (as expected) so it wouldn't be suitable for a long stay: other than the double bed (against one wall) and the toilet/shower there was very little space to leave even a case. Staircases are quite tight too. So, nothing particularly wrong and the service was also fine, just a bit cramped if you were there for a week, say.
1 night romance trip Sep 15, 2015
"Small"
We were given a small room in the basement. Difficult for two people with carry on luggage to negotiate. It was a convenient location and clean but would not stay again.
2 night romance trip Sep 15, 2015
"Good location but small"
Expected it was going to be small from other reviews. Pros: staff friendly; good location; room clean; decent facilities Cons: room really small; park across the road very noisy until late; no air conditioning so really hot; mattress needs replacing; the price.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
TB
"Good hotel"
Comfy compat room which was clean and fresh looking. Close to kings cross.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
Sam
"An over night stop at the Angus"
Over night stop for an early morning Euro-Star trip.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2015
Susanne
"Good location but small"
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
TB
"Well connected hotel for transport and railway"
It was easy to connect to the tube two blocks to the Kings Cross Underground and all major buses have a stop at Kings Cross as well. Just three blocks away from St. Pancreas and Kings Cross for railway. There's no elevator, air conditioning, and rooms are snug but it is clean and has everything you need. Complimentary sparkling and still water in the rooms was a nice touch.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
"Small............did I day it was small!"
Room was clean, but very small. The bathrooms are quite small (one could dislocate a shoulder reaching for the toilet paper which is behind the toilet), bed is comfortable and TV is quite new. It's close to kings cross, which is very convenient. The only issue I have with this hotel is the park right across the street. Rooms that face the park will hear everything from drunks singing, to watching people buying and selling drugs. It's not really a comfortable walk at night to the hotel. There is no elevator, so you will be walking up "off kilter" stairs, be careful coming down. This hotel served our purpose, as London was the real attraction. If you are looking for any 'information centre' go to the underground kings cross station and follow the signs for St Pancras International. You will find hop on, hop off tickets and other passes for the sights.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Close to Kings Cross Station"
We chose the Angus because it was close to Kings Cross and St Pancras Stations and needed some where to stay overnight. Our room while small with an even smaller bathroom was clean, comfortable and adequate for our needs. I wouldn't like to spend any more than a few nights here but for our purposes it was perfect. Literally a 5 minute walk from the stations to the hotel and a much needed laundrette around the corner.
Other trip May 30, 2015
"There are better places to stay in London!!!"
Terrible experience! I was given a tiny little room at the floor beneath street level and all people passing by could look down right inside my room through the window. Room was really small, but the bathroom was so tiny that i almost couldn´t use the sink without opening the door to the room. Neighbourhood is a bit dodgy but very near train stations. Even tho it is London, the hotel is not as cheap as you would expect for the room i was given!
4 night trip Apr 24, 2015
"Comfortable clean and compact accommodation"
I stayed at the Angus Hotel for two nights in April 2015. The hotel is only a short walk from King Cross/St. Pancras rail and tube stations - so is well placed to access the rest of central London. The accommodation is compact, but clean and well presented. Hair dryer and kettle provided. No food available onsite but there are plenty of places to eat locally.
2 night business trip Apr 8, 2015
Duncan
"Great stay."
Great stay! Only issue was the bathroom being in the small side but room was clean and well maintained. Would stay again.
1 night trip with friends Feb 12, 2015
"Very good experience"
We stayed for 2 nights and it was great. The room is small, but for 2 or 3 nights is perfect. There was a lock room so we could leave our luggage because we arrived early and left late. Walking distance to St. Pancras station and Kings Cross station where most of the underground lines pass, and near several food joints and cafes.
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"Review"
Clean rooms, central location. Good value for money
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
"little tiny room for our stay"
the room was too small for two big luggage, the double bed can only fit two skinny girl , a bit noise in the morning as there r a park in the opposite . The staffs is nice who tried to change our room for us , but no bigger room during our stay to switch as it is before Christmas Better request bigger room when booking, big difference between two different size of the room
4 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2014
Han ying
"Excellent value"
Stayed at The Angus after a night out near Kings Cross. Small room but contains everything you need. Excellent value considering close proximity to Kings Cross Station (I paid £55). Would definitely recommend.
1 night business trip Dec 19, 2014
"Lovely, welcoming, compact hotel!"
Staff very polite and helpful on check in and out. The room (twin) was compact as was the ensuite shower room but as we were only there for one night it was perfectly adequate for us. There was a few stains on the cieling but these didn't really bother us and the carpet, whilst new and plush underfoot could have done with a slightly better hoover between guests. Our room was on the third floor and we found the climb ok, older guests might find it a little tiring, possibly request a room on a lower floor if required. The main highlight of our room was how quiet it was overnight. We heard no noise from other rooms outside and barely any from outside (with the window open). Being so close to King's Cross/St Pancras and feeling so secluded from the hustle and bustle was lovely!
1 night trip with friends Dec 18, 2014