All hotels in Tokyo, Japan
2-14-5 Kabuki-cho, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Tokyo-to, 160-0021, Japan, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nightlife neighborhood"
Nice new hotel. Trendy and with good loft space for our teenager. Small by U.S. standards but what isn't in Tokyo? Neighborhood convenient, but property is in a seedy part of Shinjuku. All of the hotels around it including the Granbell offer "hourly" rates on the front sign. Lots of "working girls" outside early in the morning. A local friend warned I might have trouble getting a a cab from here because drivers don't like to pick up on these streets. It's not dangerous in the U.S. sense-- you won't be mugged or pickpockets. But it might be uncomfortable.
4 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"Cozy and Convenient"
This hotel is very cool. We stayed here for a week in a room with enough space for a queen sized bed with a bathroom pressed right up against it and it was still a great trip. They clean everyday, it was very quiet and they even have a coin op laundry room! This was invaluable as we were here in late July during an insane heatwave. ...and it's super cheap! Also, they have a bar on a roof deck which has cheapish cocktails. Would skip breakfast here however, as its a little overpriced for what you get. All in all, would def recommend. It's super convenient to many train lines and so you'll find yourself pretty much just sleeping here. Also shinjuku is very cool by itself. Stay here!
7 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Allison
Hotel is very modern and with nice rooms. The rooftop bar is cool and with à nice view. Breakfast is ok, not great and the concierge was very helpful and the staff friendly...
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
"Loved the Shinjuku Granbell Hotel"
My husband and I stayed twice at the Granbell Hotel - we liked it so much. The room was great and the location could not be beat. Shinjuku in Tokyo is a very convenient and interesting location - very alive with lots of places to eat. Transportation to anywhere in Tokyo, or elsewhere in Japan, by subway is very convenient. The hotel has a small self-serve laundry which I really appreciated.
2 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
Will stay there again
5 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
Albert
"Mahalo Hotel Gracery!"
Very modern, new hotel with extremely polite service and awesome hotel staff! Toshimi Nakano is a very professional and courteous young woman. She helped us from the minute we arrived from storage of baggage to finding trains and restaurants. Awesome value for such a nice hotel. I will stay here again, for sure!
3 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
Cale
"good stay for the price"
Modern facilities. Good location. Walking distance to businesses and shops. Staff at the roof top bar is very friendly. My parents and I stayed one night in this Hotel. Although the room is very tiny. I had fun with the tatami in the loft. My parents enjoyed the toilet cover.
1 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
Goldy
"Larger room and bed, very comfortable!"
If you're going to be in the Shinjuku neighborhood, this is a great find. The room is actually a bit bigger (for Japanese hotel sizes) and the bed was almost queen sized, not the typical double. Huge! The amenities were plentiful and it was very quiet at night, so it's good for sleeping. Subway stops are nearby for exploring and it's close to the famous ISetan mall for shopping and the food hall. We arrived late at night from the airport, so we took the trains in to Shinjuku Station and then a taxi from Shinjuku Station to the hotel. The ride was short and inexpensive, but we didn't want to be navigating the streets at night with our luggage, so I would recommend that plan. Would stay here again.
4 night romance trip May 7, 2015
Cherie
"First visit to Shinjuku!"
I went with my girlfriend to visit Shinjuku and Shibuya and I have to say this hotel was very, very clean, however it was a bit cramped, but I did expect this as it was Tokyo. The toilet was high tech, but I would not press the "Dry" or "Wash" features again haha. I would definitely recommend coming back again.
3 night romance trip May 10, 2015
Morris
"Clean hotel in a nice location"
We stayed in an economy double, which is a very compact room. In the hotel's defense, I believe that they advertise it for a single person, but Expedia advertises it for two people. In any case, the room is so small that there isn't sufficient room to lay down two pieces of luggage and still be able to walk around the bed. However, the room was very clean and comfortable for its size. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. Let me emphasize that you SHOULD NOT rely on the washer and dryer. There are two washers and one dryer for the entire hotel, neither of which work effectively. There is a long line of people trying to use these facilities and, no matter how long you leave your clothes in the dryer, they will not dry. So, pack accordingly. The location is pretty good. Tokyo is a massive city and there is no such thing as a centrally located hotel that will allow you easy access to all city amenities. However, this hotel is located approximately 4-5 minutes, by foot, from the Higashi-Shinjuku metro station and approximately 15 minutes from the Shinjuku station. We strongly recommend day trips to the following locations: Kamakura, Nikko, and Mt. Takao.
Other trip May 16, 2015
Jules
"Good hotel. Larger room than most. Near train stn"
Lovely hotel. Very close to nice mall and train station so easy to travel.
Other trip May 14, 2015
"Incredible value in prime location."
One of the best hotels I've stayed at in Japan. Finding am affordable hotel with reliable WiFi and an excellent shower is not always an easy feat but this hotel excels in these areas. While it is a bit of a walk to Shinjuku station, it is very doable and easy to find. There is so much to do in walking distance of the hotel. Don't let the love hotels scare you away. It is not as seedy as it would be in most other countries, and at worst provides some entertaining sights in the morning. If I had one slight quibble it is with the stylish translucent window from the shower into the room. It does look quite nice, but if you are traveling with a group and someone uses the bathroom in the middle of the night the while room lights up. But this is quite minor and I would gladly stay again.
4 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
Jonathan
Great location, stylish rooms, overall a great experience
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"View of the city"
We stayed in the executive suite for one night and it was fantastic. The hotel is clean and bright and our room had a fantastic view of Shinjuku. We had everything we needed in our room and the hotel staff was very hospitable.
1 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
Catherine
"Grandbell stay"
Cool trendy place. Check out the view from the bar up top!
2 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
Francis
"Washer and dryers"
The washing machine is small, problem was the dryers didn't work properly. After drying my clothes twice it was still wet.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Only one night but it was a good one :) we had a loft studio which provided just what we needed!
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
A little bit away from Shinjuku Gas Station. But very comfortable and clean hotel. For sure, I am going to use this hotel again for my next trip.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Nice hotel, clean-slightly small rooms, good local"
Great place, great location and good price. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"Great room but poor service and location"
Room and building is extremely new and clean. But service is bad and neighborhood area is full in the middle of the red light area. Service bad as in check in time was not flexible and my checkin got delayed because the rooms were not ready on time at 3pm.
2 night romance trip Apr 5, 2015
Yung Ching
"A bit too cozy..."
We booked a Twin Single room and found it incredibly small. The size of the rooms would be okay for one person, but there is simply not enough room for two beds. There is no storage so we were literally walking over our suitcases on the floor beside our beds because there was nowhere else to put them... It wasn't the worst place I've stayed at but if you're claustrophobic I wouldn't recommend it.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Alex
"Great Service Tucked Away"
Granbell Shinjuku is a nice hotel. I'd even say really nice. The staff went above and beyond, service-wise, and they spoke excellent English. While small (but normal for Japan), my room felt really cozy and comfortable. The bed, pillows, bathtub and TV were all high-quality. There's even complimentary bottled water in your room. As for location? I haven't spent a ton of time in Kabukicho before, but it's on the seedier side. Not to say it's unsafe at all, but foreign tourists are no longer left alone by bar and strip-club barkers on weekend nights. However, Granbell is situated back away from all that, quietly nestled among the love hotels. But being back away means a sizable walk from the labyrinthine Shinjuku station. Plan accordingly. There is a smaller underground station nearby, by the way. My only other knock on Granbell is the wifi. It's not as reliable as it should be. Foreign travel pretty much requires being able to check mail or find routes or make wifi calls while you're at your home base. My signal constantly dropped or was weak. I'd stay here again. It's some of the best service I've received, and the room comfort is excellent. I just hope they upgrade their wifi in the mean time.
2 night trip Mar 16, 2015
Justin
"I've lived 2 times"
The room is very small. And check-in starts at 3p.m., which is very inconvenient. The bed is not big enough. And i donnt know why the air-conditioner was not functioning that night. I got a cold.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"Recommended"
very clean and comfortable bed. Very small room though. Great breakfast!I could not say much about the hotel service because I do not have much experience about it to be able to talk about it. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
"Best kept secret"
This hotel was everything and more than I thought it would be. The location, staff, bar and restaurant, and room itself was absolutely beautiful.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Vital
"Highly Recommend"
Stay was excellent. The hotel was a 3-5 minute walk from Golden Gai (tons of bars), and the pharmacy (for my is a 2 minute walk around the corner. We stayed at the Deluxe Designer Double because there was a coupon and it was dope. There was a great view and the bar was clean and friendly. This is also a 10-15 minute walk from Shinjuku Station and even closer to the Seibushinjuku and Higashishinjuku Station.
1 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
Benjamin
"Great spot. Will come back!"
Love this hotel. Super clean and neat. Modern amenities all over from the bathroom to the hotel lobby. We really enjoyed staying here and walking to the main shinjuku area for shopping. Places to eat were literally everywhere. The hotel does a good job at supplying english handouts in the lobby for all the foreigners. (from airport shuttles, subway maps, 24 hour ramen to how to get to the fish market) Only reason I gave 4 out of 5 is because I can see this hotel isn't suitable for young children or elderly. Mostly because of the location. It's super convenient but there isn't a hotel entranceway close with doorman/bell boy to help hail cabs. Plus at night it's close to the "hostess" bars so there can be some drunk people roaming around. (since it's japan everyone is polite even when drunk! So we thought it was all entertaining.)
2 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
Angie
"Not 4 stars"
The service is not 4 star hotel. This is more of a boutique hotel. The front seat clerks where not friendly and helpful. First impression is everything and it set the mood for the rest of our stay. Also the breakfast was horrible. Didn't even eat anything first morning and didn't even go back again.
2 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
"Very clean."
I really enjoyed staying at the hotel; very clean and nice staff. I liked the slippers, Japanese wash cloth in the room. I will go back for sure.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Coco
"Love hotel central"
Odd neighborhood for such a nice hotel. It's smack dab in the middle of a cluster of "love hotels" so it's definitely a bit strange. Proximity to the Higashi Shinjuku and Shinjuku lines is a big plus.
2 night trip with friends Feb 22, 2015
Alexander
"*** definitely a mid-level hotel ***"
I loved my room. This hotel offers loft type of room on the ground floor and 12th floor. The high ceiling makes a huge difference. The rest was really just OK at this place.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Mstr
"staff not too friendly and welcoming"
The staff are not as friendly and helpful as other hotels in Japan I have stayed at. When turning on the air conditioner, the non-smoking room quickly smelled like smoke. We rented a wifi and the company said we cohld leave it with the front desk to mail. When asking they said they do not mail items. When staying at other hotels in Japan, they were always willing to send it with their mail. We had to rush and look for a nearby post office. At the end of our stay, we asked for a taxi, they called one of the black taxis which I think are more expensive. When we got dropped off, the driver added a $4 something fee. All of the times we rode a taxi in Japan, a fee was never added. The hotel looks fairly new but not in a neighborhood with a lot to do.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Great stay! Good location with a metro station within 5 min walk, and near the heart of Shinjuku. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Service was excellent. Would absolutely recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
"Tiny hotel room in a great location"
If you want to be right in the middle of the Shinjuku action, the Granbelle is great. Excellent access to Shinjuku station, as well as tons of restaurants, izakayas and nightclubs. There are quite a few "love hotels" in the vicintity, which is a bit weird. The rooms are Tokyo-typical tiny - but very stylish and efficient.We stayed here twice and the rates were quite different - this hotel can be a good value if you get a good rate.
1 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
Cathy
"Small but Cozy"
Good hotel in a good location, really near the heart of Shinjuku. It's about 5 minute walk from many interesting places like the Golden Gai for a night out. The room is small but cozy, nice panoramic view from the higher floors.
2 night trip with friends Feb 6, 2015
Jorge Daniel
"True boutique"
True boutique; very small room; beyond clean; cool neighborhood; cool hotel; good area for nightlife but I didn't go out too late; I would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jan 19, 2015
solomon
Good for stay in Shinjuku ... The room was very clean. สะอาด ใหม่ สะดวกค่ะ
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Excellent hotel off the track"
A little hard to find especially if you are dragging luggage around from the subway as airport limos do not go direct to the hotel. Front desk staff was friendly and very helpful. Arrived early and bags could be left at the reception for check in later.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
cowoth
"Nice hotel."
Clean room, good location, helpful staff. I would stay here again.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
"tiny rooms, great stay"
Rooms are tiny. I guess this is normal for tokyo. but the location was great and staff was nice.
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2014
"Pleasant"
If you don't have a data plan on your phone, map out your directions to the station ahead of time. It's a short 10 min walk. If you know where you're going, it's easy. Plenty of vending options. Very courteous staff. Easy taxi one block away. Somehow I thought the lobby was larger than it is.. it's not one of those big hotel lobbies, but it's nice enough.
1 night business trip Jan 17, 2015
"A GOOD GEM"
This hotel is located in a great spot in Kabukicho, and it's not as sketchy as you may have heard (as long as you have common sense you will be fine). It's definitely a gem. The hotel staff is super helpful and although it is a smaller establishment, they really try to make up for it in the small details. There is free wifi in the lobby and rooms. There's a small café downstairs as well as on the top floor. The rooftop bar has a beautiful view of the city and offers a range of small bar appetizers as well as drinks. We were there during the really bad weather and when the typhoon came through in early October but still enjoyed our stay. The rooms are not as small as people have complained about, we were comfortable in a standard room (2 people), and our luggage fit fine. I'm not sure why there are so many reviews complaining about the size of Japanese hotels and how you can not lay out your luggage unless you are packing way too much for a hotel stay. Our room had a great view of the city and the bathroom was very clean (high tech toilets with all the fun bells and whistles). Another great part of the hotel as that it had multiple vending machines in the downstairs lobby. The bathrooms in the lobby are also very clean and well kept (all automated including seats that are already heated)! Just make sure you show any cab drivers directions to where you want to go written in Japanese as they may have a hard time finding this hotel.
2 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
Brandi
"Great modern hotel priced at a great value."
Great value for a modern hotel at a location that's close to everything you'd want in the Shinjuku area if you don't mind walking 10-15 mins everywhere. It's nice and quiet - just far enough from the busy and overly lit areas. Rooms are smaller by U.S. standards but perfect for the price for what we wanted. Hotel also has a nice rooftop bar and restaurant with an outdoor view.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
Albert
Nice hotel, diligent service, good value. Neighborhood becomes interesting at night but fine during the day.
1 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2015
Anne-Claire
"Luxury at an affordable price!"
Modern, first rate experience at an affordable price! The hotel feels completely new and very modern (as of Dec 2014), and the luxury room we stayed in was surprisingly affordable for how nice the room was (I've typically paid twice the amount charged for how spacious and luxurious the room was! Great location, a short walk away from much of the Shinjuku nightlife and restaurants! The executive lounge was so-so (not too much to eat or drink), however the breakfast was good and the luxurious nature of the room was outstanding. Definitely a good choice for those looking to splurge while not killing the wallet!
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Marco
"Overall stay is very ordinary!"
Room is too small,the breakfast is really ordinary&not variation. They only allow 12.30 pm for late check out. But the location is pretty near from the crowd.
4 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"modern"
the big window separating the bed and the bathroom was a little weird, but not an issue if you're traveling alone or as a couple.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Nice hotel, good value"
Newish hotel in good shape. Room size typical for Japan. Front desk staff very helpful in English. Very limited TV stations in English as compared to US chain hotels we stayed at while in Japan. Breakfast buffet included with room was good, not great. While it had something for people wanting a traditional western breakfast, Japanese, Korean or Chinese breakfast, it was not nearly as extensive as other hotels we've stayed at. No fresh fruit and few if any changes over the 3 days we were there.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Les
"My new favorite boutique hotel in Tokyo"
I absolutely loved staying here. Our room was very roomy and very nicely furnished. It's an "art" hotel, so if you like a boutique feel to your room, this is a great choice. Standouts: our room had an incredible view. Also, the bathroom was great; a full, free-standing bathtub in the middle of a very large bathroom with french doors. The separate shower had two heads (dreamy), and of course the toilet was fully equipped with all of the various settings you could ever ask for. The bed was very comfortable, the room had a little closet with Shiseido clothing freshener (so tempted to accidentally pack it), and there was even a couch and coffee table. We booked the "deluxe designer double," which I would do again. The neighborhood is garish/delightful, and it's any easy walk to Golden Gai, the Robot Restaurant, tons of restaurants and bars, and of course to a vast array of host and hostess bars. The Granbell is surrounded by "Love" hotels, which is amusing when walking to one of the four nearby Shinjuku stations. What I didn't love was the breakfast buffet - it was easy to give it a miss. Be careful also if you need a cab to get anywhere in a timely fashion (cabs don't pass by the hotel). It took about thirty minutes to arrive, and the ensuing panic and barely making our train to Narita was an unnecessary unpleasant ending to a otherwise excellent stay.
4 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
Rita
"Great boutique hotel in good location"
We were pleasantly surprised by this cute hotel with boutique touches. The rooms are small but we didn't mind. And it's a great jumping off point for shinjuku. The red light district is close but not too close for comfort and we never felt unsafe walking around even at night. For the price this was a great hotel!
Other trip Dec 28, 2014