All hotels in Madrid, Spain
Calle Salustiano Olózaga, 4MadridMadrid28012Spain, ‏‎800-491-6126

Comfortable
    Food is not good
"Nice location, ok hotel"
We booked this hotel for three people for our last night in Spain, before flying home. We were disappointed that a three person room actually meant the hotel staff put a third bed in a room that was built for two people. If this had been explained properly (that simply a cot would be added) we would have chosen a different hotel. There was simply no place to put our three large suitcases, and the small closet/wardrobe was inaccessible because the third bed was placed right in front of it The bath/shower also did not have a true door on it so there was no privacy. It had a semi sheer swinging door in place of a true door. The sink was outside in the middle of the hotel room. The shower itself was lovely and very state of the art. We had multiple issues with unlocking the door. And beware, you have to pull the door very tightly or it does not lock when you leave the room. We discovered this after a day out in Madrid and were fortunate nothing was taken. We have traveled extensively through Europe, so this is not just an American expecting American size hotel rooms. We spent the first night of our 8 day vacation in another Madrid hotel, and should have returned there as it was stunning, a much larger room, more secure locking system, at the same price. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The location is very quiet so good for people seeking a quiet night's sleep.
Other trip Dec 28, 2015
nancy
"Ok Place to Stay"
My wife and I stayed here only 1 night while coming back from another city to Madrid. The hotel was fine, just not very clean in the room. There were marks on the walls which seemed like people threw their luggage all over it. It was fine for a night.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2015
"Quirky, fun, good value"
This was our first stay at a "One-Shot" hotel, and it was a great experience. The boutique style was just right for us, and we loved the quirky details. This property is in a good location, not a far walk from museums and major tourist sites. Retiro Park is super close. The neighborhood is quiet, far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the big plazas. The price was very good for a Madrid hotel in such a convenient spot. We didn't have breakfast included, but there are lots of options in the area. The staff was helpful with anything we needed.
3 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
Donald
"Nice hotel very close to La Puerta de Alcala"
was good experience, the front desk attendants are very friendly. The room was very clean and the bathroom also. The only little issue was to open the door, they didn{t explain us and we had to ask.
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
Great Hotel! Well located in a nice neighborhood.
2 night business trip Sep 25, 2015
Juan Pablo
"Wonderful shower!"
Great location for a quiet stay. Room did not allow unpacking of luggage. Great shower.
4 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Carlos
"Bait and switch!"
Enjoyed the Hotel and all the conveniences. The shower was really great. The bed could have been much better for comfort. Was very disappointed because I chose the hotel because above others because they offered hotel shuttle which I've always had as a free extra!I paid about $50 more than comparable hotels only to find out the shuttle was 35E each way!
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
"Location, location, location."
I loved this hotel. The location was excellent, the rooms were spotless, the linens exceptional and bed was comfortable. Retiro, Chueca, and basically the whole town center are within walking distance. The rooms are pretty small by U.S. standards but far outweighed by the benefits. I would stay here again. High recommendation.
4 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
"Sept 2015 Madrid"
Excellent, great location, very clean!
3 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
We recently stayed for a couple of nights and we really loved the overall look of the lobby and hotel. Our only complaint would be that the room had a weird smell. It would come and go during our whole stay.
2 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2015
Kira
"Small hotel, great location, quiet street"
I booked this hotel based on Expedia's recommendation. Initially, the weird name put me off, but I called them and liked them instantly on the phone. This is a simple, small hotel. The service was excellent. The location even better. And a nice quiet side street. Lots and lots of restaurants nearby. 10 minute walk to Del Prado Museum. Good price. Genuinely surprised but the great deal. When in Madrid, I definitely plan to use them again.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
Raul
"Average boutique Hotel, great location"
Great boutique Hotel ideally located between Gran Via & Alcala Street. you can walk anywhere from there. Room was very small but charming with small details. The main problem I had was service. there was only was young "teenager" at the front desk when I checked-in, she was the only employee, my "closet fail one me twice, no manager was present (away on vacation for the month of August....Shocking to say the least,
3 night trip Aug 8, 2015
ilham
The staff was very nice but the room was only in fair condition.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Excellent location!! Love it"
Wife is super picky, she loved here. Rooms are tiny but modern and well designed. Staff is great..
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Great location, good price, excellent staff"
The staff, especially Pablo, were very friendly and helpful. Location is really excellent, walking distance to the metro and to Cibeles Fountain and most of the major landmarks. Room was comfy and the hotel is cool. Breakfast was also good. Only problem was that the water came out of the shower -- I asked them if they could fix it. Overall great value hotel.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
M.A.
Awesome, new hotel and modern facilities, tres chic
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Excellent location!!! Great and very helpful staff!! Great restaurant 1 block distance
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
malla
Loved the room! Contemporary modern in Madrid. Clean and staff very friendly.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
lisa
We would not return to this hotel. Our first room smelled horrifyingly like the sewer, but due to the hotel being overbooked, we could not be moved until the next day, and we were not compensated in any way, spending the entire night waking up due to the nasty smell. The staff expressed disgust about the smell, but could only offer us a spray bottle to try to help abate the smell. If there was a common area to hang out in, no one told us about it, so we often felt cramped in our room while trying to escape Madrid's punishing afternoon heat. More than once, we returned to our rooms in the mid afternoon (16:00 or later) and either our rooms had not been cleaned yet, or were in the process of being cleaned. Also, the door to the toilet is not flush to the wall, so you have to be creative if you are desire privacy and are sharing a room.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
"Bright spot"
Loved this Hotel... The staff ( especially Pablo) is wonderful ... It's in a phenomenal location and little things that matter were available. For example, the floors in the room have no carpet ( I'm so tired of hotels being cheap, even the Ritz uses disgusting carpet in the room). This hotel had wood floors. The staff kept me away from tourist traps and so each meal was wonderful. I could spend everyday in the Gardens just down the street. It's amazing to see everyone young and old at the Garden either for a simple stroll or hard core work-out. Stay here... Great value
1 night trip Jun 25, 2015
"Sleek and modern"
Beautiful and convenient, very close to the metro, a bit noisy at night- popular bar scene
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
Rosilie
"Great location!"
This hotel is in a great location, near the metro, the nicer shower, the park, and the library. You can walk to most other areas of downtown Madrid from here including museums etc. The staff here though was reall stellar. The front desk staff was incredibly nice and personable, the maid service was light hearted, and the room was clean. Everryone was happy to help. The only reason I gave "room comfort" a 4 was because the sheets were pretty rough. Minor detail. I'd stay here again. It's a great hotel, and an awesome deal for the price I paid.
4 night trip Jun 4, 2015
"Nice cozy hotel in a perfect area"
Staff was always attentive that all was well from the person at the front desk to the waiter in the lounge area.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Tere
"Perfect location in Madrid"
Exceptional hotel for the price. Excellent location for walking and using public transportation. Staff very helpful and courteous. Very clean, wonderful breakfast. Highley recommend.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
Phil
"Excellent hotel"
We were a group of 6 and everyone was very pleased with this hotel. Service was outstanding!! They provided a map highlighting where to take the best pictures. The room was very clean and staff was always available to help on anything we needed. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
Silvia
"honeymoon"
This hotel was amazing they were so accommodating when we arrived and the room was so comfortable. I am planning on staying here again next time I visit Spain.
1 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
phylicia
"acceptable if you get good rates"
Location is pretty central, 20 mins walking distance to almost everything. Not much to eat during the night unless you walk and search about. Hotel service is subpar, taking their own sweet time and don't seem to be prepared for their guests. Checking out was a problem as well as it takes time to do so. Staff are friendly to a certain extend. Bathroom shower back flows and when you shower water will seep into the room. Bed is ridiculously uncomfortable to sleep in, especially for heavier people
2 night romance trip Mar 25, 2015
"A+ experience as female American"
Excellent service from a nice European hotel. Wonderful part of town easy walking to many sites. Felt safe as younger female at hotel and in area even at night. Simple to take train from the airport. Staff was helpful in give recommendations and answering questions to this American who speaks no spanish.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2015
"Perfect hotel for a getaway!"
Lovely boutique hotel that captures an authentic European experience.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
Nice and clean room but they are small with no room for your luggage
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Nice accommodations near Plaza de Cibeles"
The rooms are large enough, the beds are very comfortable, and the bathroom fixtures and amenities are high quality. We had a ground floor room without a view, but we didn't care. The hotel is a 4-minute walk to the Plaza de Cibeles stop for the Airport Express bus, the most efficient and reasonable way to get to the airport. We would not hesitate to stay here again.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"Great location!! very nice hotel"
It's the second time I stay here I like because it has a great location!! the staff is super nice and the hotel is very cool. I really like this boutique hotels.
2 night trip Feb 8, 2015
Mariela
"A nice room in the city centre"
The hotel was very modern, clean and quiet. A short walk to all the wonderful museums and parks Madrid has to offer! Highly recommended.
2 night trip Jan 9, 2015
Benjamin
"My stay at One Shot Recoletos 04 December 25 - 31"
I got a nice room on the 1st floor with free wifi. The full breakfast is a good choice. This is a good hotel with friendly service and convenient location. Twice the front desk was kind enough to print out something for me (you need paper tickets to some places). On Dec. 27, the front desk said they would need to move me to another room on the 28th since there were problems with the heating; that I would be assigned one of the best rooms in the hotel, on the top (5th) floor and my bag would have been moved to the new room when I returned to the hotel. They said they would not charge me extra for the upgrade since they were the ones having me move. The next morning, I left my bag at the reception. When I returned that afternoon, they gave me a key to room on the 2nd floor. I was surprised when I went to the room and my bag was not there. They quickly sent it to the room. The room, while not bad, was slightly smaller than the one I had vacated and less well appointed. The TV did not work. I was irritated but did not bother to complain since I was mostly in the room only to sleep and not watching TV. I was more annoyed at their bait and switch. At check-out, I got my credit card receipt. The front desk told me that they could not print out my bill, but would email it to me. That was Dec. 31. I have still not received the bill. For the first few days of my stay at the hotel, I rate it highly. The second half of my stay changed my mind and I wish that were not the case.
6 night trip Dec 25, 2014
Naveen
"Great location, New modern hotel, Subprime staff."
Location is great. Amongst the best in Madrid. Service is very hit and miss -- good guy checked us in, unfriendly younger woman checked us out, night front desk unknowledgeable, breakfast guy was slow and uninspired. Looks like few are motivated. They rent out the lobby for events at night. Can hear music until 1AM, so not a place to count on for an early night's sleep. Rooms normal size for Europe, beds OK but not great, bathroom good with vertical shower. Decoration nouveau modern chic.
1 night trip with friends Dec 18, 2014
One Shot is something refreshing, new and with a great design that mixes comfort and modern beauty. Excellent geographic situation, in the heart of Salamanca neighborhood and just a few meters from Parque del Retiro, Museo del Prado and Puerta de Alcalá, is a place which I would like to visit again.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Paco
"."
I thought this was a cute hotel, but my husband thought it was too arty. The only thing we didn't like was that the bathroom had a glass panel between the main bedroom and the toilet/shower area.
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
"Good boutique hotel!"
A well-kept, ultramodern boutique hotel, that is also centrally located. Had a one-night stay. Beds were softer than the usual hard Spanish standard, and the walls were thick enough to insulate any sound from outside. Staff was accommodating and very helpful. Would stay again - of note was the fact that the rooms were also priced very reasonably.
1 night romance trip Nov 5, 2014
Siamack
"Excellent hotel, excellent location"
I LOVE this hotel! It is so charming, in an older Spanish building with quaint balconies. The location is perfect with a short walk to many museums and sights in Madrid. The metro is very close. The staff went out of their way to be helpful... I cannot say enough. Although centrally located, it is one block back from Calle de Alcala which is very busy, so the hotel is very quiet on a quaint street. Loved it!
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"Good location, very practical hotel."
comfortable, cozy, good value for money. the location is perfect near city centre but in the heart of salamanca Its walking distance from almost every where, and has a lot of nice bars and restaurants near by.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Khaled
"Absolutely fantastic value, wonderful hotel."
I was skeptical of staying here at first - My first experience in Madrid was a much smaller, louder, and nowhere near as pleasant hotel that was actually a bit more expensive. What I was afraid of was an even smaller place, but what I found was a perfect hotel room - and much more than I expected for the cost. The room was impeccably clean, surprisingly spacious, and super modern - The shower is extremely powerful, warm, and luxurious, well beyond expectations in the price range, and the bathroom is well stocked with all you could want. The bed was beyond comfortable, and it was surprisingly quiet (outside of a couple of heavily slammed doors) given the location - You are close to many of the popular attractions, as well as to metro lines. If what you want to see isn't immediately nearby, it will still be very easy to get to. If you are looking for a bed and breakfast, you may want to look elsewhere, but this is by no means an impersonal hotel - The staff is extremely friendly, and goes out of their way to help. I can't recommend this enough.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2014
"Business trip"
I stayed here for a business trip for 3 nights. The hotel is in a fantastic neighborhood - within a couple of blocks of the Retiro Park and a 10 minute walk to the Prado Museum. It takes about 20-30 minutes to walk to the Plaza Mayor and the Palace. Access to and from the airport is very easy as there is a metro stop within 2 blocks. The conference I went to was at the IFEMA and it took about 30-40 minutes (door to door) to get there on the metro. The hotel itself is very clean and comfortable. The room I stayed was on the smaller side but was still perfectly comfortable for 1-2 people. I will say that the walls are a little thin so I could here the TV and music being played from neighboring rooms. The room I had faced a side street but I could not hear the traffic as the balcony doors are well insulated. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and spoke English. They go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable. The hotel provides breakfast for 8 euros and it includes pastries, coffee, and orange juice. It was convenient but nothing special. I'd save my money and go to a cafe. I would stay here again if I visited.
3 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
"New small hotel"
One night stay pleasant. Good neighborhood, short walk to museums. Staff was helpful and spoke English. Room on basement level was small but well designed with good lighting. Perfect for short stay.
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Wonderful hotel in one of the best areas of Madrid! Right between la Puerta de Alcala and Recoletos--couldn't be better!
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"Great location!!"
We had a great time in Madrid partially due to where we stayed. Loved the artsy atmosphere of the One Shot hotel and it was clean. We walked everywhere and the airport is a short taxi ride away. We were there in mid September and the weather was still warm so it was nice to have A/C. The breakfast was plentiful - ham, cheese, jams, croissants, etc. excellent coffee late and friendly staff. The only shortfall if there was one, they only had one person at the front desk which got backed up from time to time with people needing information. There wasn't any information in the room regarding hotel services or the surrounding area which prompted us to ask a lot of questions not being familiar with the area. We would stay there again.
3 night romance trip Sep 10, 2014
KellyO
"Quiet neighborhood near great plazas"
It was lovely. the front desk was very helpful, and everything was clean and comfortable.
3 night trip Sep 7, 2014
This is one of the best hotels I have been in Madrid! In a beautiful building in the elegant Barrio de Salamanca. The rooms are very neat, comfortable, minimalist and beautiful (even the smallest ones). The service was excellent and beautiful photographs by Spanish artists are on display in the common areas. Top-notch!
1 night trip Sep 2, 2014
Fabiola
"Clean and modern"
This place was really nice, with very accommodating staff.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
damon
Really enjoyed staying at this design-focused hotel. Good location, nice staff. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night trip Aug 20, 2014
"Enjoyed my stay"
I don't really have complaints. It feels more like a little apartment than the typical hotel room, which is a nice change. It's close enough to most things to walk if you really wanted to and if not it's a 3 minute walk to any of the bus stops that will get you to other locations. All the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant in their interaction. Everyone also spoke good enough english so communication was never an issue. The room was really comfortable and the shower is very nice as others have mentioned. I paid a little extra for the balcony room, but I would say that it isn't worth it. The hotel is on a side street that isn't very busy so unless you want a balcony so that you can just step out to get air, then I don't think it's needed. Make sure you remember the street name if you're going to ask for directions. You'll just need to take the bus from the airport (5 euros) to Plaza Cibeles and walk 2 minutes, but it seems many people aren't familiar with the hotel yet since it's new, but when I said the name of the street I was told exactly where to go.
3 night trip Jul 25, 2014