All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here3524 28th St Se, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.7
    2.3
"Calvin College Trip"
We stayed here for 3 nights to be near Calvin College. Probably the worst motel I've ever stayed at. My friends and I booked this room thinking it would be a 3 star hotel. This place gets a 1 for me. A lot of things were wrong. There was no shampoo, the sheets were itchy, there were holes in the sheets, no drawers and no safe. The water took 3 years to get hot in the shower. Plus the entire bathroom was nah. Lots of dirty marks on the ceiling, shower floor and the floor itself seemed sketchy. Worst of all, the maids never came to our room once in the 2 full days we were there! At one point we had to go down to the lobby to get towels. There were 3 main things that kept this place from getting a 0. It was cheap, in a very convenient location being 5 minutes from the college and surrounded by stores, and it had a better TV than you would expect from that place. Overall I wouldn't recommend this motel to people unless they're on a very tight budget and not going to be spending a lot of time in the room.
3 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2015
"Flophouse"
we didnt stay, after seeing the condition of the hotel and room we decided to drive home after the basketball games at Calvin college. While the room was clean and orderly it was straight out of a early 70,s timewarp. I mean come on I can't believe Hotels.com would put this place on there website. I also think it was one of those places where they let people pay by the week so you could smell the smoke everywhere.
1 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
"good knights inn"
It's was good peaceful I and my wife enjoy ourselves
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Older hotel close to restaurants."
This is an older hotel but our room, at least, had been upgraded. The rooms were clean and very quiet. If you want fancy, go somewhere else and pay 3x as much. The room had a microwave, a small refrigerator and TV. There was free WIFI but it did not make a good connection (2 bars) and was slow. They had free coffee in the office starting at 7 a.m. We will stay here again.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
RonB
"Grand Rapids Knights Inn not so Grand."
I was there two nights. The first night it was very, very noisy. Could hear people from both the sides and below. It looked and felt old and the stairwell was shabby.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Convenient to shopping"
Room was adequate. WIFI was troublesome, but I was not in the room much. Linens were warn, but clean.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Duane
"Skip it"
Friendly staff but room was dingy and the mattress sagged so bad we couldn't sleep. It was literally duct-taped together. Lots of noisy/sketchy guests all night. Would have been more comfortable sleeping in my car.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2014
Close to the mall and public transport to the airport and downtown
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Chenchen
"Nice hotel at a great price!"
Nice hotel at a great price!!
2 night trip with friends Aug 25, 2014
Very inexpensive. Older, but maintained. Wifi connection spotty at times, but speed wasnt terrible. Some people hanging around outside at night sometimes. Location right in a retail district. Not far from the interstate. For a really low price, it was definitely acceptable.
4 night business trip Aug 25, 2014
"Run down motel"
Motel needs new carpeting and some renovation.
7 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Meh."
It was cheap, and you get what you pay for. No real problems, but not particularly exceptional.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Smoke weed"
People smoke weed in their room and hallway smell like weed.. Got me second hand high..lol
2 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
"Smoke and old"
Walked into the hallway and it smelled like smoke (pot) There was a security guard patrolling the hallway (call me crazy but have never stayed in a hotel with security guards required) the beds had duct tape on them and burn holes in the comforters. Would have left but there were no other options in a 50 mile radius. If I had to would of just drove the 3 hours home and drive back the next day next time rather othan book this hotel ever again. Oh an no alarm clocks either
"concenient and clean"
The owners were very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable
2 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"Close to job sight"
Reasonable rates, close to my job site. Room was decent to stay.
4 night business trip Jul 13, 2014
"decent"
Bathroom should have lock. The room was smelling of formaldehyde.
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2014
"close to everything"
it was ok, i wish it had a bathtub instead of a shower. other then that it was fine.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
JENNIE TOWNSEND
"fairly clean, well staffed and friendly"
like to see a continental breakfast, or at least something in the mornings. Listings of local restaurants, and places to do small purchases of items to return to room with. Prices are resonable. Will be returning to stay again
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Gordon
"Overnight Stay Close to Davenport University"
The price was RIGHT! The staff was great and the location was just what I was looking for and had great services surrounding it. The hotel was clean but did not seem to be maintained well over the years.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Suzanne
"Wouldn't recommend"
I'm not a very picky person especially since I really just needed the room to sleep in and that was it. The deadbolt was broke, there was a huge booger on the wall and I think people lived there at the motel. They were always hanging out in the hallway. There was a huge hole in the bathroom door and it didn't shut all the way. Just not clean at all. Huge disappointment.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
a dub
"Not for families, but not bad for cheapos"
I have no complaints, but wouldn't recommend it for families. It's a little bit sketchy. They have a lot of security cameras, but the security guard was really annoying.
1 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
DirkPhoenix
"Close enough"
Close enough to enjoy what we wanted to visit. Not very well kept.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2014
dj
"Not Worth the Savings"
Security was posted outside, a/c did not work they switched rooms for us. The order in the next room was nasty, a/c was questionable. Woke up with a hornet in the room. Dirty, bed uncomfortable 2nd floor smelled like pot.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Barb
"Hotel handy to airport"
Poor service at the counter, reception area kind of dirty just like the room. Poor bed needs new mattress.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"OK barely"
OK barely
2 night trip May 3, 2014
Richard A
wont go back- no hot water, poor service, dissapointed
1 night business trip May 3, 2014
al
"fine for one night"
My boyfriend and I stayed here one night to see a concert out of town. It was nothing special, but it was fine for what we needed.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Good Basic Hotel"
The staff was helpful, welcoming and provided good support. The building is older but in good shape. Lots of parking. The room was a good size and all of the items in the room worked . The bathroom was large and was clean with a good shower. There is an outside pool. The Hotel is in a large mall area with everything you could need within half a mile. Security was good and I saw no evidence of problems. This is not a luxury hotel but is a solid place to stay.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
Grant
"Afraid and unrested"
The management was very difficult to understand, room was dated and not clean. The guests all seem to be of the transient nature, many loud and explicit arguments, dog barking in hotel room all night, people milling around in halls. Very uncomfortable feeling and not able to rest well at night. I am a grown man and I felt very unsafe.
8 night trip Mar 5, 2014
c s

Was quiet location, very close to Calvin College and Western Michigan University. Only downside was electrical breaker tripped 2-3 times during Sat night - Sun morning period. Was re-set within 5-10 mins each time.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
7 night trip Mar 17, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Knights Inn Grand Rapids East

"Bad experience"
12/11/14 Peggy C Petoskey, Michigan
I stayed at the Knight's Inn, at 3524 28th St SE, Grand Rapids, Mi, from Sept. 17-Sept. 19, 2014. I went to Grand Rapids to attend a Seminar. On Sept. 18, after the seminar, I returned to the motel, stopped at the desk to check to see when the check-out time was the next morning. The lady at the desk told me that they had made a Mistake. They knew that I was staying for 2 nights, yet only charged me for one night. All my things were put into a Plastic bag behind the desk. i was given a new room. I realized, about 3 hours later, that my Return Trip Bus ticket was Gone!! I panicked. I looked all over for it, realized that they must have thought it was garbage, and threw it out! I reported it to the desk. The next morning I spoke to the Manager. He informed me that they were Not responsible for my things. Yet, a few hours later, when I checked out, the lady at the desk Promised me that I would be ONLY CHARGED FOR one night. Yet, a few days later, they TOOK THE EXTRA money from my debit card account, After Telling me that I would Only be charged for one night! I made a few phone calls to the motel, hoping they would remedy the situation. On Sept. 27, i spoke to the manager, he said that he would check into it and promised that he would CALL ME the Next day. No call came. I also contacted the Corporate office of Knight's Inn. I received a letter from the Corporate Office. They told me that they contacted the manager, Told him to call me, to remedy the Situation. The Call never came. When I registered, I did register over the phone. I received a Confirmation E-Mail, which I didn't read that carefully. It did say One Night. Yet, when I returned to the motel on Sept 18, I was told that they made a mistake, they knew that i was staying for 2 night. Then , the day I checked out, I was Promised that I would only be charged for One Night, Not 2--Then they went and took 2 nights out---I don't like to be lied to! They Threw my Ticket out. Or, to this day,I wonder if my ticket was stolen? I can never prove it. You would think that they would want to please a customer. Even if they would have called me, and told me that they couldn't do anything for me---but, to Not call me, after telling me that they would? Absolute Disrespect. I used to stay there when it was Motel 6, I don't think that they would do that. They don't seem to care that customers are happy. I wonder how many Return Customers they have?
"Not terrible, but could be worse "
10/12/14 Heather T
Stayed here for two nights. The term *you get what you pay for* is definitely applicable for this hotel. Hallways have a slight smell, carpets and walls aren't spotless, rooms were outdated, but for less than half the price of all other hotels in the area for a night on a weekend - you can't really complain. I personally don't go on vacation to hang out in the hotel room, so I didn't mind the less than perfect accommodations. Staff were friendly, I was satisfied. Thanks Knights Inn.
"Terrible!"
09/15/14 94MeerKat Grand Rapids, Michigan
I booked this hotel room by accident. It seems like this is more like a half-way house than a motel. First of all it is filthy and a bad smell permeates the whole place. I didn't want to touch anything. I couldn't believe I was staying in this place but I had already spent the $70. The bed squeaked, there was a wad of dirty socks left by someone under the chair, the carpet was dirty. Everything seemed to have a "film" on it.
"Pleasantly Surprised...."
07/24/14 Valerie S Novi, Michigan, United States
I stayed here with my 5 year old son after visiting Meijer Gardens on a Friday, before going to Michigan's Adventure on a Saturday. Booked this place after realizing Muskegon hotels are so expensive on weekends! The pool was sparkly clean. Bathroom-spic and span. The mini-fridge and microwave seemed brand new, as did the flat screen tv! The owners seemed nice. Not sure why this place has such a bad rep. Every budget hotel has sketchy 'tenants.' I never once felt unsafe. The ice machine worked and the vending machines took credit/debit cards alongside cash. The only downside was the halls smelled like a mix of carpet cleaner and curry. It is in a good location close to a mall and across the street from a large shopping complex. I will totally stay here again next time in Grand Rapids.
"Very Disappointed"
04/28/14 Grammy2010 Grand Rapids, Michigan
Even low-end motels can be clean. The carpet was filthy, blankets had brown stains on them. First room the sink drain wouldn't work and had black mildew floating in it. Clerk said no other room available. Told her to call the manager. Second room wasn't too bad but still dirty. Went to leave for dinner and the door wouldn't lock! Called the manager again. He helped move into third room! Wanted to leave but most reasonable hotels were booked for graduation. Third room blankets were even worse. Exchanged them for the ones in the 2nd room and took the towels to put on the floor. Will say the bathroom wasn't too bad but dirt along baseboards and door edges. After moving all our stuff up and down stairs (no elevator) 6 times I was exhausted and we were late for dinner and the show we had come to GR to see. Next to the worse hotel I have ever been in. Worse one was a Motel 6 in Madison Wi. Funny...sticker on our door still had Motel 6 on it. I realize they probably don't pay their maids very much but cleaning a room properly should be a matter of personal pride. There are lots of people out of work right now that would do a good job. If I were the manager I would fire them all and get people that wanted to work. Noone in their right mind would ever stay there again!
"ZERO is more like it"
04/27/14 barry a Portland, Oregon
Avoid this place at all costs. This is a dump...the owner isn't interested in providing good service or a nice stay, just in taking your money. The room smelled of smoke and the carpet is dirty. The place could pass as a drug den. The mattress is terrible...you could feel each spring coil..there was no padding it was so old it was impossible to get a nights sleep. Match that with the creaky floors and hearing every step people take outside the room. You will not feel safe here. Trust me, this is not a deal at $50...it wouldn't even be worth it for $20...stay away from this place.
"Worse case scenario"
05/26/13 PattyOK
I checked in and the room smelled like complete smoke and was filthy. The building was falling apart and didn't offer a thing but a dirty bed and a 21 inch tv. I spent 10 minutes there and got a refund and left. Spent the night at the Holiday Inn for $50 more and got the real deal. Ill never ever go budget again.
"You get what you pay for!!!"
07/08/12 montecarlo442
Been staying at this motel off and on for the past twenty years and I must say it has went down lately..Made reservations for a handicap room month in a vance..Got there room was"out of sevice"..Well..the room I got airconditioner was cooling a little and was very loud..Had to stick a fork in the top to quiet it down
"Sickening and disturbing"
12/07/11 Paul B Cincinnati, Ohio
Let's start with....THE METH LAB! OMFG! The first night I was there, there was red tape around this one room and dudes with white suits and respirators! At first we thought they were cleaning up a murder scene....They tore down a meth lab! The hallways reaked of pot, the employees talk and laugh LOUD in the hallway early in the morning, and have their friends hang out. The cops were in the parking lot every night, pubic hair in the towels, TERRIBLE house cleaning services and IGNORANT STAFF. I complained about the towels and they rolled their eyes and gave us new ones...still hair in these dirty towels. The Wi-fi is $2.99 a night and is terrible! 2 bars out of 5 at best. The ceilings are made of plywood so if anyone is in the room above you, forget about getting any sleep. Speaking of which, the bed was SO OLD that the springs were popping out!! Our backs were so sore by the end of our trip. Next time we will dish out the extra cash and stay somewhere descent. Let's not forget: URINE on the toilet bowl/seat, old tv's with about 7 or 8 channels and it was about 15 years old. I also appreciate the white jokes the staff were making in the hallway. By the way, I understand you can't smoke cigarettes in the room, but why were the hallways reaking of pot? Loved the barking dogs too, by the way.
"Worst place I have ever stayed!"
11/07/11 bjhilly Spring Lake, Michigan
We checked in around 9p.m. to a very unfriendly clerk. The lobby was dirty and smelled awful. Our room was no better. The shower floor was stained and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The sign on the door said to make sure and use all the locks and dead bolts, but the latch was broken. No toiletries, except for a single bar of soap. The phone in the room didn't even have a number listed to contact the front desk. The only reason we stayed is because we had payed in advance and we had to be at the airport at 4a.m. Would not reccommend to my worst enemy!