All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
3524 28th St Se, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.5
    2.9
    2.5
    2.1
    2.8
"Very basic hotel."
A very basic hotel. One had to request that the room be cleaned, and specify exactly what needed to be cleaned. Otherwise, nothing was done. Staff was very pleasant and helpful and responsive. Overall, if you just need a place to crash, the hotel is fine.
3 night trip with friends Aug 19, 2015
"It sucked."
I had to ask for new sheets two days in a row. First day I found private parts hair on them, before I got in bed. And there was some black stuff on one of the towels. The bathroom was filthy. Second day I found some kind of dry blood on the "clean" replacement sheets. I exchanged them both times, and the pillow cases and towels. Both times staff just exchanged sheets for me at the front desk. They did not send someone to come and change the bed for me.
2 night trip with friends Aug 20, 2015
Rylian
"Good deal."
The hotel was a good deal for us. It is located very close to shopping and the venue we were visiting. The room was clean and functional. We were bothered by having the constant noise the wall air conditioning unit.
6 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Conrad
"Eh...we made due."
There was a very strong air freshener smell that made it smell like vomit. It was throughout the whole place. The fridge didn't get cold so we had to put drinks in the freezer. They deactivated our room keys after the first night and we had to fix it...no big deal. For $40 a night, it wasn't bad. Staff wasn't very friendly either.
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
Christina
""What's that behind the television daddy?""
My expectations of this hotel at the time of booking were low. I only needed a clean and safe place to sleep. The hotel did NOT meet my expectations. After driving for about 6 hours, I arrived to check in around 12:00 a.m. The parking lot was a bustle of activity and gave the appearance of a rooms-by-the-hour sort of place. The security guard looked nervous, but the desk clerk seemed comfortable and secure behind the bullet proof glass. We did NOT find any sign of bedbugs, but I did warn my children to stay clear of the condom outside the door to the parking lot and the dirty underwear tucked behind the television in the room. The clientele seemed to behave like regulars. During a very loud 3:00 a.m. conversation outside the door to my room, a few of them expressed their familiarity with the place. I could continue this story but there are no surprises or happy endings here. We survived and left promising to let everybody know this is NOT a nice place to stay. Try a Motel 6 instead.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Derrick
"Grand Rapids overnighter"
had a reservation for two rooms when we got there they only had one room had to argue for 20 minutes till I finally got another room
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2015
Greg
"Weekend stay"
Went to see the LPGA tournament and the Whitecaps babseball team. Location was easy to get to. Motel was average in just about everything, which considering the price, is not a bad thing.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2015
"Nasty, nasty, nasty"
Very nasty, found dirty socks under bed, both beds were uneven and blood on wall, the bathroom has only 1/4 roll of toilet paper. Felt very unsafe with my family and worried about my vehicle. Paid for 2 nights but only stayed 1 , only because everyone else was booked. Will never use this hotel again!
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"you get what you pay for"
There were not any issues however the room was very outdated as was the entire hotel. I did not encounter any problems. This was booked for a quick night before an early flight the next morning. It was very inexpensive so I guess you get what you pay for.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2015
"Reminded us of Chicago Tenement Housing"
Knights Inn reminded my wife and me of Chicago’s Tenement Housing Slums. My wife and I had the worst experience with this hotel. It was filthy inside and out. The hallways had garbage bags outside the rooms. The corridor rugs had tears and rips that were the whole length of the corridor. The rooms had caked on dirt and we could not even think of walking bare foot on the floors. The shower curtain was so dirty it was disgusting. No amenities at all. The Wi-Fi had only two bars and was almost impossible to do any computer work. Garbage can outside the rooms main entrance was over full. Garbage can trash extended about 6 feet above the top of the container. We could only imagine the bugs and rats that occupied that garbage container. We were in Michigan because my mother died unexpectedly and we had to book a hotel very late. Knights Inn looked good on the Internet but it was loud and filthy. We didn’t have any garbage containers in our room when we first entered. TV was full of haze and the telephone was not working. Room service consisted of clean towels each day and that was the extent of it. The rooms were so nasty and the corridors looked like they weren’t vacuum or cleaned for years In 2000, Knights Inn’s CEO stated his plans on improving the quality of Knights Inn. Needless to say, Bruce Bloom did not mean what he said. He probably never stayed in one of his dingy, horrible Inns.
3 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Good deal if you don't mind..."
The room had a smoke smell which was gone by the second day. The furniture needed cosmetic repairs. The bed was comfortable but the sheets were amazingly threadbare without a rip. The shower looked newly installed but the shower curtain was coming out of the end of the track which I placed back in. There was mildew in the inside of the shower curtain. The carpet in the hallway was really warn but in the room it was just fine. They had a water pipe break outside of the hotel which left a hole in the parking lot close to the building where the sidewalk was partially falling in the hole. It seemed as though the hotel housed some homeless people who would walk around. I felt safe as they appeared harmless. At check-in, the receptionist seemed like she didn't want to be there but at checkout a different receptionist was very friendly. It seemed like the hotel was trying to keep things together. Overall, a good deal for the money.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Don’t stay here"
Uncomfortable mattress. Did not know fridge was not plugged in so everything was warm the next morning. Only two outlets so I had to alternate tv& microwave. Refrigerator was plugged in all night but wasn’t working at all so everything I got was ruined. Ketchup stains (I hope) on walls. No smoking hotel so everyone stands in a circlein parking lot to blaze up. Can't park easily or leave with what looks like the the extras from Fight Club blocking the pathways. Hotel clerk was nice Don’t stay here
2 night business trip Jun 26, 2015
"You get what you pay for"
Room was exactly what you would think for $50/night. No frills. Clean enough to stay a short time. Had a quick 2 day stop.
2 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
Other than the 500 lbs elephant doing jumping jacks above our heads at 6 am, not a bad hotel. Can't blame bad guest.
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
Bryce
"I've seen worst!"
The place is not all that bad if you just looking for a place to lay your head for the night . On the plus side the have a microwave and refrigerate I've been to 4 star hotels that dont have that so I got to give them credit for that. ..Oh yea we found and unopened can of bud light under the bed so ....I guess that was a bonus
2 night trip Jun 5, 2015
"Cheap overnight room--This will do."
Cheap, but adequate. You get what you pay for and a room to stay for the night is all I expected and it is all I got. I did not expect much and I was satisfied.
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
Bryan
"dont saty here"
bathroom fixtures were coming off the wall. took a while to check in and we were the only ones there. the front desk agent was a little rude to people.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"uncomfortable"
Budget friendly for sure and a bit scary. I couldn't sleep there or shower comfortably. Hallways and rooms had unfriendly odors.
1 night trip with friends May 13, 2015
"Good Price"
Good price
1 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
"room 110 just needs a little update"
Room was clean and had working micro, fridge, and nice tv. The mattress really needs to be replaced. Bathroom sink leaked a bit, and the shower curtain looks like it has been trimmed a few to many times, because it keeps about 0% of the backsplash in the shower.
2 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
Patrick
"The whole place smells. A mixture of pee and smoke"
As if I need say more. Mold in the bathroom. "Stuff" on the floor.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Never
"Calvin College Trip"
We stayed here for 3 nights to be near Calvin College. Probably the worst motel I've ever stayed at. My friends and I booked this room thinking it would be a 3 star hotel. This place gets a 1 for me. A lot of things were wrong. There was no shampoo, the sheets were itchy, there were holes in the sheets, no drawers and no safe. The water took 3 years to get hot in the shower. Plus the entire bathroom was nah. Lots of dirty marks on the ceiling, shower floor and the floor itself seemed sketchy. Worst of all, the maids never came to our room once in the 2 full days we were there! At one point we had to go down to the lobby to get towels. There were 3 main things that kept this place from getting a 0. It was cheap, in a very convenient location being 5 minutes from the college and surrounded by stores, and it had a better TV than you would expect from that place. Overall I wouldn't recommend this motel to people unless they're on a very tight budget and not going to be spending a lot of time in the room.
3 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2015
"Flophouse"
we didnt stay, after seeing the condition of the hotel and room we decided to drive home after the basketball games at Calvin college. While the room was clean and orderly it was straight out of a early 70,s timewarp. I mean come on I can't believe Hotels.com would put this place on there website. I also think it was one of those places where they let people pay by the week so you could smell the smoke everywhere.
1 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
"good knights inn"
It's was good peaceful I and my wife enjoy ourselves
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Older hotel close to restaurants."
This is an older hotel but our room, at least, had been upgraded. The rooms were clean and very quiet. If you want fancy, go somewhere else and pay 3x as much. The room had a microwave, a small refrigerator and TV. There was free WIFI but it did not make a good connection (2 bars) and was slow. They had free coffee in the office starting at 7 a.m. We will stay here again.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
RonB
"Grand Rapids Knights Inn not so Grand."
I was there two nights. The first night it was very, very noisy. Could hear people from both the sides and below. It looked and felt old and the stairwell was shabby.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Convenient to shopping"
Room was adequate. WIFI was troublesome, but I was not in the room much. Linens were warn, but clean.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Duane
"Skip it"
Friendly staff but room was dingy and the mattress sagged so bad we couldn't sleep. It was literally duct-taped together. Lots of noisy/sketchy guests all night. Would have been more comfortable sleeping in my car.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2014
Close to the mall and public transport to the airport and downtown
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Chenchen
"Nice hotel at a great price!"
Nice hotel at a great price!!
2 night trip with friends Aug 25, 2014
Very inexpensive. Older, but maintained. Wifi connection spotty at times, but speed wasnt terrible. Some people hanging around outside at night sometimes. Location right in a retail district. Not far from the interstate. For a really low price, it was definitely acceptable.
4 night business trip Aug 25, 2014
"Run down motel"
Motel needs new carpeting and some renovation.
7 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Meh."
It was cheap, and you get what you pay for. No real problems, but not particularly exceptional.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Smoke weed"
People smoke weed in their room and hallway smell like weed.. Got me second hand high..lol
2 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
"Smoke and old"
Walked into the hallway and it smelled like smoke (pot) There was a security guard patrolling the hallway (call me crazy but have never stayed in a hotel with security guards required) the beds had duct tape on them and burn holes in the comforters. Would have left but there were no other options in a 50 mile radius. If I had to would of just drove the 3 hours home and drive back the next day next time rather othan book this hotel ever again. Oh an no alarm clocks either
"concenient and clean"
The owners were very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable
2 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"Close to job sight"
Reasonable rates, close to my job site. Room was decent to stay.
4 night business trip Jul 13, 2014
"decent"
Bathroom should have lock. The room was smelling of formaldehyde.
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2014
"close to everything"
it was ok, i wish it had a bathtub instead of a shower. other then that it was fine.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
JENNIE TOWNSEND
"fairly clean, well staffed and friendly"
like to see a continental breakfast, or at least something in the mornings. Listings of local restaurants, and places to do small purchases of items to return to room with. Prices are resonable. Will be returning to stay again
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Gordon
"Overnight Stay Close to Davenport University"
The price was RIGHT! The staff was great and the location was just what I was looking for and had great services surrounding it. The hotel was clean but did not seem to be maintained well over the years.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Suzanne
"Wouldn't recommend"
I'm not a very picky person especially since I really just needed the room to sleep in and that was it. The deadbolt was broke, there was a huge booger on the wall and I think people lived there at the motel. They were always hanging out in the hallway. There was a huge hole in the bathroom door and it didn't shut all the way. Just not clean at all. Huge disappointment.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
a dub
"Not for families, but not bad for cheapos"
I have no complaints, but wouldn't recommend it for families. It's a little bit sketchy. They have a lot of security cameras, but the security guard was really annoying.
1 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
DirkPhoenix
"Close enough"
Close enough to enjoy what we wanted to visit. Not very well kept.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2014
dj
"Not Worth the Savings"
Security was posted outside, a/c did not work they switched rooms for us. The order in the next room was nasty, a/c was questionable. Woke up with a hornet in the room. Dirty, bed uncomfortable 2nd floor smelled like pot.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Barb
"Hotel handy to airport"
Poor service at the counter, reception area kind of dirty just like the room. Poor bed needs new mattress.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Horrible"
Box spring was duct taped together with a large red stain on it. The stain appeared to be blood. Also the entire place reeks of cigarettes. Staff were friendly. Price should have been lower then 35 a night.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Horrible"
All around facility was run down and not well maintained. Cigarette burn in bedding, 1/4 roll of toilet paper had to go get more form front desk, Asked for extra pillows because my husband has a broken back but the front desk did not have access to any. Mattress was worn out and you would slide into the middle, gap between air conditioner and the outside wall you could see the parking lot from inside the room, large gaps in the door frames, had another guest pounding on doors at 4:00 am. Just all around dirty and would never stay there or any other Knights Inn again.
Other trip May 11, 2014
"OK barely"
OK barely
2 night trip May 3, 2014
Richard A
wont go back- no hot water, poor service, dissapointed
1 night business trip May 3, 2014