All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America

2.6
    2.3
    2.7
"Bed Bugs"
The room that i was giving had bed bugs, when i confronted the front desk they where unwilling to give me my money back but wabted to switch rooms but that didnt make since so they made us stay in the room infested with bed bugs or leave with out a discount if we didn't wanna move to another room
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
Devontae
"Don't waste your money!"
I expected a basic clean room. Black mold,cigarette butts,smelly bedding..dirty halls. Nope I crossed that place off of my places to stay in Grand Rapids!!
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2015
Kenneth
"too much whoopi goin on"
room was sufficient, but i was unfortunate to be in a room under a couple who would be very active all night. every night. after having to sleep in till 1221, i spoke to the clerk who couldn't help other than move me to a room upstairs that might be next to the same. couple. ended up staying the last 2 nights at family's house. if you need a room for whoopi, this place is perfect for you.
6 night family trip Oct 5, 2015
Suzanne
"horrible"
Hotel was dirty and had bugs. Management wouldn't give refund and was rude. Had to be switched 3 different rooms
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
elaina
"Avoid At All Costs"
The Wi-Fi signal was weak, if it even connected at all. The rooms were adequate, but it wasn't exactly a comfortable experience overall. Some rather sketchy characters were also staying at the hotel; the room across from mine smelled like marijuana and the phone in the room next door kept ringing all night. It is very unlikely I will ever stay at a Knights Inn again, much less this one.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2015
Creighton
"I was very disappointed with my stay at this hotel"
the hotel does not any breakfast in the morning for its guests . the pool was not what I exected to be . the beds were very uncomfortable to sleep in . I would not stay there ever again .
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
patricia
"Met expectations for low cost short term stay"
This Knights Inn was very reasonably priced (2 double beds for $50) and met my expectations for a low cost, short stay trip. Don't have any unreasonable expectations if you book here - room wasn't dirty, but certainly not shiny clean. Linens looked old, no dressers drawers to hold you clothes, but overall cheap and functional. If cost is your overriding concern, I would recommend it. Otherwise pay another $20 or $30 bucks a night elsewhere.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"Basic Inexpensive Hotel That Smells of Cigarettes"
Although the motel is supposed to be non-smoking, the rooms smelled of cigarette smoke. We were given a second room when we complained, but it was as bad as the first. The carpet and furnishings were old and tired, but the location was convenient for us and the price was good.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
Velma
"Bedbugs-Avoid"
The property is older and in need of renovation. The room appeared clean upon first inspection. There was a little dirt in the corner of the bathroom, but otherwise appeared clean. The room was very small. During the night, I felt something crawling on me and I swatted it away, then went back to sleep. A little later, I felt it again, this time with a little nip. I woke up and turned on the light quickly and found a small round flat bug on me. I killed it by squishing it. I took it to the front desk in the morning and moved out.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
"Close to the mall. Extremely loud some times."
The inn is really close to the mall. The room was Ok. it had the minimum required things. The lower rooms can hear a lot of the upper rooms.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
Jaime
"Very basic hotel."
A very basic hotel. One had to request that the room be cleaned, and specify exactly what needed to be cleaned. Otherwise, nothing was done. Staff was very pleasant and helpful and responsive. Overall, if you just need a place to crash, the hotel is fine.
3 night trip with friends Aug 19, 2015
"It sucked."
I had to ask for new sheets two days in a row. First day I found private parts hair on them, before I got in bed. And there was some black stuff on one of the towels. The bathroom was filthy. Second day I found some kind of dry blood on the "clean" replacement sheets. I exchanged them both times, and the pillow cases and towels. Both times staff just exchanged sheets for me at the front desk. They did not send someone to come and change the bed for me.
2 night trip with friends Aug 20, 2015
Rylian
"Dirty"
The sheets had burn holes in them, and I didn't feel comfortable taking my shoes off.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
sherry
"Good deal."
The hotel was a good deal for us. It is located very close to shopping and the venue we were visiting. The room was clean and functional. We were bothered by having the constant noise the wall air conditioning unit.
6 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Conrad
"Eh...we made due."
There was a very strong air freshener smell that made it smell like vomit. It was throughout the whole place. The fridge didn't get cold so we had to put drinks in the freezer. They deactivated our room keys after the first night and we had to fix it...no big deal. For $40 a night, it wasn't bad. Staff wasn't very friendly either.
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
Christina
"Worth what I paid, but not much more"
The tacky office smelled like disinfectant and the help dispirited when I checked in. The romm was basic , but clean neat. I had booked it as a"mystery" offering, paid only $50.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"Worst hotel I have ever been."
This was the worst hotel ever. There was mold on the shower curtain and bathroom wall, the beds were old and broken, the sheets were ripped, and the air conditioner didn't work like it should have. Plus housekeeping knocked on the door everyday at 10, when checkout is at 11.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
"Worse than the rating"
I reserved this hotel knowing it was poorly rated, but I was looking for something cheap. The hallway had a terrible musty, smoke odor. My room smelled like bleach, the beds were sagging and the linens were so old there were frazzled strings hanging off of them. I didn't even want to put my head I the pillow, so put one of the towels on top of it before I layed down. I tried to cancel my second night and get a refund, but the lady at the front desk was quite rude and held tightly to their 'cancellation policy'. Regardless I spent my second night in a different hotel and am working on a refund through the corporate office. Do not stay here.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
""What's that behind the television daddy?""
My expectations of this hotel at the time of booking were low. I only needed a clean and safe place to sleep. The hotel did NOT meet my expectations. After driving for about 6 hours, I arrived to check in around 12:00 a.m. The parking lot was a bustle of activity and gave the appearance of a rooms-by-the-hour sort of place. The security guard looked nervous, but the desk clerk seemed comfortable and secure behind the bullet proof glass. We did NOT find any sign of bedbugs, but I did warn my children to stay clear of the condom outside the door to the parking lot and the dirty underwear tucked behind the television in the room. The clientele seemed to behave like regulars. During a very loud 3:00 a.m. conversation outside the door to my room, a few of them expressed their familiarity with the place. I could continue this story but there are no surprises or happy endings here. We survived and left promising to let everybody know this is NOT a nice place to stay. Try a Motel 6 instead.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Derrick
"Bad area"
Dirty room, prostitutes walking around the hotel. Didnt like it. Was nervous sleeping all night. Doesnt seems safe place. Try somewhere else. Well i guess u get what you pay for but really though spend a little more somewhere and you will feel better than this place. Mistakes!
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Grand Rapids overnighter"
had a reservation for two rooms when we got there they only had one room had to argue for 20 minutes till I finally got another room
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2015
Greg
"Just ok"
The room was ok it hadclean sheets, hot shower and good working ac so that was good. The pool on the iter had cigarette butts floating in it and was pretty gross We don't go in vacation to stay in the hotel so it served its purpose i would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Ray
"Weekend stay"
Went to see the LPGA tournament and the Whitecaps babseball team. Location was easy to get to. Motel was average in just about everything, which considering the price, is not a bad thing.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2015
"Nasty, nasty, nasty"
Very nasty, found dirty socks under bed, both beds were uneven and blood on wall, the bathroom has only 1/4 roll of toilet paper. Felt very unsafe with my family and worried about my vehicle. Paid for 2 nights but only stayed 1 , only because everyone else was booked. Will never use this hotel again!
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"RUN!!"
My husband booked through Expedia who gave it 3 stars. For the price he thought it would be a little run down but we had no idea it was a hotel for prostitutes and drug dealers. We got there around 10 pm and people were in the hall ways charging their phones. I saw the inside of one room when a man was leaving and it was not just filled with people but also boxes stacked on top of each other. We were there 15 min and turned around and left. When we told the desk lady that we could not stay there she asked "Did you USE the room". Wow. The worst part was the hotel would not refund our money. Expedia ended up giving us credit for future use. This place needs to be shut down for the welfare of the town.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Not much good to mention. Would not stay there again. Older motel that needs a lot of rentovating and cleaning.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"Not for family"
Housekeeping did not make the room. Very old AC. Do not feel comfortable with the surrounding
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
bd
"you get what you pay for"
There were not any issues however the room was very outdated as was the entire hotel. I did not encounter any problems. This was booked for a quick night before an early flight the next morning. It was very inexpensive so I guess you get what you pay for.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2015
"It is what it is."
With this hotel, you get what you pay for. The carpet was dirty, and I think there was a blood stain. Other than that, I guess the room was OK for the price.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
"Reminded us of Chicago Tenement Housing"
Knights Inn reminded my wife and me of Chicago’s Tenement Housing Slums. My wife and I had the worst experience with this hotel. It was filthy inside and out. The hallways had garbage bags outside the rooms. The corridor rugs had tears and rips that were the whole length of the corridor. The rooms had caked on dirt and we could not even think of walking bare foot on the floors. The shower curtain was so dirty it was disgusting. No amenities at all. The Wi-Fi had only two bars and was almost impossible to do any computer work. Garbage can outside the rooms main entrance was over full. Garbage can trash extended about 6 feet above the top of the container. We could only imagine the bugs and rats that occupied that garbage container. We were in Michigan because my mother died unexpectedly and we had to book a hotel very late. Knights Inn looked good on the Internet but it was loud and filthy. We didn’t have any garbage containers in our room when we first entered. TV was full of haze and the telephone was not working. Room service consisted of clean towels each day and that was the extent of it. The rooms were so nasty and the corridors looked like they weren’t vacuum or cleaned for years In 2000, Knights Inn’s CEO stated his plans on improving the quality of Knights Inn. Needless to say, Bruce Bloom did not mean what he said. He probably never stayed in one of his dingy, horrible Inns.
3 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Good deal if you don't mind..."
The room had a smoke smell which was gone by the second day. The furniture needed cosmetic repairs. The bed was comfortable but the sheets were amazingly threadbare without a rip. The shower looked newly installed but the shower curtain was coming out of the end of the track which I placed back in. There was mildew in the inside of the shower curtain. The carpet in the hallway was really warn but in the room it was just fine. They had a water pipe break outside of the hotel which left a hole in the parking lot close to the building where the sidewalk was partially falling in the hole. It seemed as though the hotel housed some homeless people who would walk around. I felt safe as they appeared harmless. At check-in, the receptionist seemed like she didn't want to be there but at checkout a different receptionist was very friendly. It seemed like the hotel was trying to keep things together. Overall, a good deal for the money.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Don’t stay here"
Uncomfortable mattress. Did not know fridge was not plugged in so everything was warm the next morning. Only two outlets so I had to alternate tv& microwave. Refrigerator was plugged in all night but wasn’t working at all so everything I got was ruined. Ketchup stains (I hope) on walls. No smoking hotel so everyone stands in a circlein parking lot to blaze up. Can't park easily or leave with what looks like the the extras from Fight Club blocking the pathways. Hotel clerk was nice Don’t stay here
2 night business trip Jun 26, 2015
"You get what you pay for"
Room was exactly what you would think for $50/night. No frills. Clean enough to stay a short time. Had a quick 2 day stop.
2 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
Other than the 500 lbs elephant doing jumping jacks above our heads at 6 am, not a bad hotel. Can't blame bad guest.
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
Bryce
"I've seen worst!"
The place is not all that bad if you just looking for a place to lay your head for the night . On the plus side the have a microwave and refrigerate I've been to 4 star hotels that dont have that so I got to give them credit for that. ..Oh yea we found and unopened can of bud light under the bed so ....I guess that was a bonus
2 night trip Jun 5, 2015
"SE Grand Rapids, Mich."
Everything was fine except some confusion with the staff
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
JP
"A by the hour hotel"
Technically I stayed in this hotel for about 3 hours. Checked in, went to the room, left to eat, came back and checked out. Having previously read other reviews about how old or rundown this hotel was, I wasn't expecting much. I expected clean and safe. Well, gotta tell you I didn't see clean, and I certainly didn't feel safe. There is an odor that pervades the entire hotel a combination of chlorine and god knows what else, that immediately began to affect my asthma. Then the hotel room door didn't sit properly in the frame. There was a gap running around the entire door and frame, at its largest probably about 1/4 inch wide. The door was closed and locked, but you could see daylight. The vent fan in the bathroom, which usually rests in the ceiling was on a wall directly next to the commode and falling off the wall. Homeless in the parking lot and just an overall sense of unease. I swear I thought that either I was going to be murdered, or hear a murder. Checked out after 3 hours.
Other trip May 30, 2015
Pat
"Cheap overnight room--This will do."
Cheap, but adequate. You get what you pay for and a room to stay for the night is all I expected and it is all I got. I did not expect much and I was satisfied.
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
Bryan
"dont saty here"
bathroom fixtures were coming off the wall. took a while to check in and we were the only ones there. the front desk agent was a little rude to people.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"uncomfortable"
Budget friendly for sure and a bit scary. I couldn't sleep there or shower comfortably. Hallways and rooms had unfriendly odors.
1 night trip with friends May 13, 2015
"A little scary."
Stayed 3 nights, Thursday thru Sunday. Friday early morning between 2 and 5 a.m people yelling going to kill you, you're going to jail. All 3 nights people in the room above stomping around loudly. The hotel and staff itself good, just not the residents.
Other trip May 11, 2015
hockey traveler
"Good Price"
Good price
1 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
"Worst Hotel Experience of my Life"
Please note that this is not a snobby American "worst experience". I have backpacked in South America and through Southeast Asia, staying in hostels, doing home stays, and couchsurfing, sometimes staying in beds with mosquito nets. This tops them all. Service was ABSOLUTELY miserable. When we checked in, I felt like I was doing a drug deal, rather than checking in to a hotel. The man used NO WORDS AT ALL while checking us in, but rather communicating through grunts and nods. The environment in the hotel is that of a crack house; people constantly yelling profanity and fighting with other residents, heard through paper-thin walls, children crying at all times, and shady characters walking around in the hallways. People were fighting, crying, and yelling into the wee hours of the morning. As for our room, truly "no frills". No fridge, no microwave, and in our case, mysterious wet spots on the desk--but don't worry, there IS a bottle opener that is bolted to the sink for easy use! Our bed was extremely lumpy, as in bent at the front and back with a hump in the middle. We switched rooms. Stains on the carpets, barely-cleaned surfaces, and out-dated facilities. To their credit, there was a "pool" in front, although it was half-covered with tarp and had dirty water and leaves in it still during our stay in April. There are many places in the world to waste your money; please take my advice and don't do it here. :)
2 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"room 110 just needs a little update"
Room was clean and had working micro, fridge, and nice tv. The mattress really needs to be replaced. Bathroom sink leaked a bit, and the shower curtain looks like it has been trimmed a few to many times, because it keeps about 0% of the backsplash in the shower.
2 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
Patrick
"The whole place smells. A mixture of pee and smoke"
As if I need say more. Mold in the bathroom. "Stuff" on the floor.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Never
"Calvin College Trip"
We stayed here for 3 nights to be near Calvin College. Probably the worst motel I've ever stayed at. My friends and I booked this room thinking it would be a 3 star hotel. This place gets a 1 for me. A lot of things were wrong. There was no shampoo, the sheets were itchy, there were holes in the sheets, no drawers and no safe. The water took 3 years to get hot in the shower. Plus the entire bathroom was nah. Lots of dirty marks on the ceiling, shower floor and the floor itself seemed sketchy. Worst of all, the maids never came to our room once in the 2 full days we were there! At one point we had to go down to the lobby to get towels. There were 3 main things that kept this place from getting a 0. It was cheap, in a very convenient location being 5 minutes from the college and surrounded by stores, and it had a better TV than you would expect from that place. Overall I wouldn't recommend this motel to people unless they're on a very tight budget and not going to be spending a lot of time in the room.
3 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2015
"Flophouse"
we didnt stay, after seeing the condition of the hotel and room we decided to drive home after the basketball games at Calvin college. While the room was clean and orderly it was straight out of a early 70,s timewarp. I mean come on I can't believe Hotels.com would put this place on there website. I also think it was one of those places where they let people pay by the week so you could smell the smoke everywhere.
1 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
"good knights inn"
It's was good peaceful I and my wife enjoy ourselves
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Older hotel close to restaurants."
This is an older hotel but our room, at least, had been upgraded. The rooms were clean and very quiet. If you want fancy, go somewhere else and pay 3x as much. The room had a microwave, a small refrigerator and TV. There was free WIFI but it did not make a good connection (2 bars) and was slow. They had free coffee in the office starting at 7 a.m. We will stay here again.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
RonB
"Grand Rapids Knights Inn not so Grand."
I was there two nights. The first night it was very, very noisy. Could hear people from both the sides and below. It looked and felt old and the stairwell was shabby.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014