All hotels in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here372A College Street, Toronto, ON, M5T1S6, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
    2.5
"I wouldn't go back!"
The rooms were absolutely freezing. There's no heating or AC of any kind. There was rarely ever anyone at the front desk if you needed anything. When I got there at the beginning they tried to charge me more money than what we had agreed upon. The staff was horrible, the rooms were tiny and freezing, and they didn't even have a bathroom in the rooms. There's just one bathroom for the entire floor! Unbelievablely horrible.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
Elz
"good location & service, okay room type"
okay room but good service, a location very close to University of Toronto and is very convenient and has lots of restaurants close by.
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
"Japanese style accommodation"
It is a hotel of Japanese style. As the Japanese always do, the room has been kept quite clean and clear. However, I found the late check-in policy after booking, while it was already too late to cancel the booking. I paid the 20 CAD for late check-in after 10 pm. It was a really displeasing memory!
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Upscale Backpackers"
Decent for the money & location. Basically one step up from a hostel. Clean, but no amenities aside from the free WiFi, so be sure to bring your own shampoo. No food & drink allowed in rooms. Even though it says there is nearby parking available, there isn't. City parking is always full, and the little parking they offer for a fee is several blocks away in someone's driveway. Finding this address is also tricky. It's not well marked, and the entrance is small between 2 storefronts.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Anya Wolf

"Ok if you need something desperately"
Their internet didn't work. They can't speak english very well.
2 night trip Feb 28, 2015
"The secret Japanese community in downtown Toronto"
The front desk girl was really nice and helped us carrying 60kg of luggage up four floors. The room was really big and vintage style. Washrooms are quite small but good enough. Wifi connection in my room was not good but good in the hallway. Very central location. Lots of stores and restaurants around. Recommended if you are very interested in Japanese culture. Not a conventional hotel though- more like a old student Rez
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
chomoo
"A bad stay, thanks God I booked one night"
Honestly a bad experience - I'm a well traveller and seen bad and good. I won't recommend it. I have nothing against anyone - the staff were friendly not bragging.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
No A/C in a heat waive and drunks peoples did burn a yellow page book in front the the hotel
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Great for a cheap, short stay."
Room was awesome! Super homey and relaxed atmosphere. Would've been perfect except for whoever stayed down the hall was a pig and left the bathroom untouchable (eg.hair in drain so water wasn't draining, pee in toilet, hair all over the sink). There is AC. Beds super comfy. It was just the bathroom >.>
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Vicki
"Someone hand them a vacuum cleaner!"
Initially I thought the idea of them insisting you take your shoes off at the entrance and put flip flops on was a nice idea. (Run by young Japanese students) But once I'd been shown around and seen my room I thought what is the point!? The idea is you don't bring the dirt from your shoes inside but I think the outside streets were cleaner than the guest house! Sadly the carpets were filthy and barely vacuumed since they'd been laid and everything caked in months of dust. The bathroom and shower were putrid and toilets not cleaned daily something vital when using communal facilities. Plus my bed had hair in it (and I don't mean a single hair...) so I had to sleep on top of the bed and couldn't go barefoot even in the room as the floor was that bad. I had room 7 which is up incredibly steep sharp stairs almost like a ladder so very difficult trying to pull a suitcase upstairs. Although the location was great I wouldn't recommend this place. If it were better taken care of it would be a lot more pleasant as it's full of potential.
3 night trip Jun 17, 2014
Goldilocks
"GOOD LOCATION, LOW COST GUESTHOUSE"
the location was good, the staff was pleasing, dont expect too much but you get the basics, just what u need for a 1 night stay, clean room and a shower nothing more than that.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
just traveller
"Comfy beds"
It is a good hotel to stay at low price. It is at convenient place beside route 506 bus. It is also clean . There is a shared kitchen .The hotel is rebuilded from a house .There are three doors that should be opened by keys. The hotel look old.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Shoes off"
Of course it is spartan given the price but one would expect when there is a rule requiring shoe removal at the entrance that the place would be vacuumed occasionally. The common bathrooms also don't seem to be cleaned and the staff need to be tracked down if any assistance is needed.
5 night trip Jun 3, 2014
Neil
While it was ok, the hotel was a bit down scale from what I generally like. It would be great for students and younger travellers. A good downtown location.
1 night business trip May 20, 2014
"Good location, very close to U of T campus."
This facility is okay if you need a reasonably acceptable place to sleep at night.
Other trip May 21, 2014
D
"A clean comfortable place great neighborhood"
Place was spartan bu comfortable and clean. The hostesses were lovely and nice. For $75 you cannot expect more than that, Plus it is centrally located in the U of Toronto district. Great restaurants and entertainment
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Bill A
It's a perfect budget option in a great location
7 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Travis
"Nor worth the cost at all"
First I showed up and there was no one at the front desk. There is construction happening there so it was looking a little rough. Finally the owner and front desk receptionist show up. Both are very nice people. The room was OK, but small bathroom. Was not worth the price at all. Especially because I've stayed at other hotels through Expedia for a lesser price and gotten a way better deal.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"NICE PLACE TO STAY"
THIS IS A NICE PLACE TO STAY NEAR OF THE TOWN,. THERES IS CHINATOWN 5 MIN FAR FROM THERE. EVERYTHING IS NEAR. THE ROOM WAS COMFY CLEAN. THE ONLY THING ITS THE WIFI GOT PROBLEM AND SLOW,. BESIDE THAT EVERYTHING IS COOL. THE OTHERS CUSTOMERS ARE VERY FRIENDLY. I RECOMEND THIS P;ACE TO STAY
1 night trip with friends Mar 29, 2014
NAT
"Terrible place to stay"
I don't recommend this place. I had almost no signal for the internet while they called it HIGH SPEED !!!
2 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
M. J.
"Bizzare"
The staff are great and friendly. If you are there for a couple nights, fine place and price. I got lost trying to go to my room sometimes. BTW, the front entrance is a black gate door between buildings. Can be hard to find at first.
2 night trip Mar 19, 2014

"一泊…二泊くらいなら"
前日に泊まった人の、忘れ物パンツが棚の下に落ちていた。ベッドメイキングは綺麗にしてたけど、掃除…したのかな?
2 night trip Oct 25, 2014
JP
"well placed and nice people"
Good place to stand few nights. People are very kind and helpfull. Placed very near from kensington market and china town, and 20-30 min by feet from old town or entertainment district, make this hotel a quality vs price comparaison very very good.
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Alain
"too expensive at that price"
poor quality. I don't have much to say because I'll never use this accomodation.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
JP
"Ok, voor even"
Net te ver vd attracties/downtown 30 min lopen, wel een tram voor de deur. Medewerksters kunnen niet heel goed Engels, en zijn vaak niet aanwezig. Schoenen moet je uit doen, maar vloeren zien er niet heel schoon uit... Geen dagelijkse schoonmaak.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
CN

TripAdvisor reviews for Kaisar Guest House

"DO NOT STAY"
10/22/14 Nayan M
first problem... I payed for 3 day of parking... on the third day after moving my car, the designated spot was gone. 2nd problem, the only heating in the room was a heated rug. 3rd problem, not good value! 4th problem... not clean bedding. I regret staying there, i should have payed extra and stayed somewhere else! STAY AWAY!!
"Great guest house, cheap and good location!"
10/21/14 Olivia J Toronto, Canada
We stayed there in a double room with shared bathroom this summer, the staff were really friendly. Decent room with reasonable price. Everything was clean, but a little old. The only downside was that the room was really hot, and we were afraid to open the window because of mosquitos. Otherwise this location is great!
"Nice Guest House"
10/04/14 IntrepidFoxTales Crawley, United Kingdom
Nice guest house in a reasonable location. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Nice guest house in a reasonable location. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Nice guest house in a reasonable location. Very pleasant and helpful staff.
"Decent room in a great location !"
10/02/14 Madhurikumar7 Toronto, Ontario
I booked a single room , and it came with a queen bed . The washroom is a little small , but it's clean . Free wifi, and kind hosts . Nothing fancy , but nothing not to like either . The location is fantastic !
"Not good value for money"
09/15/14 Patriciya El Ejido, Spain
I was expecting a better place due to the price but it was very disappointing. Im not sure if i would go back to this place again. I just think is too expensive for what it is. Good location tho. They were refurbishing (i hope) and all the carpets were covered with sheets and stuff. It looked really messy too
"Good locatuon but..."
07/03/14 Tuepfli Schweiz
Via email they changed our booking we made via booking.com, so we had a room with shared bathroom. When we checked in, there was a girl at the reception that spoke really poor english. She would charge us the price for a room with private bathroom and it took her a while and a phone call to correct it. Finding our way through the maze-like house, there was a really steep staircaise we had to carry our bags up. The room and bathroom was very small and the bathroom did not look clean at our arrival and it obviously did not get cleaned during our stay. They have 2 parking lots (10cad per day) but they were not available for us so we used the public parking down the street which costed us all in all less. The wifi wasn't working when we arrived and there was nobody to be found at the front desk. A day later, we found ozt that they gave us the wrong password... The location is good, right in little italy and loads of restaurants close by. So, if you're looking for a place to sleep, i guess you would be ok but do not expect more.
"Cheap, clean, friendly, but ugly!"
04/13/14 acl84 Ottawa, Canada
I stayed there for one night in the cheapest room they have (single with shared bathroom, the bed was a double). It was relatively cheap, actually for less I found another b&b (sweetheart) that is amazing for location, quality of the rooms, of the house, of the service, of the washrooms, of the kitchen, of the living room, everything! Kaisar was just ok for one night, the room was nice enough, everything was clean, the people kind, but the house is really ugly, the entrance and the washrooms are awful (but clean). It's like a labyrinth. It was ok, I have no complains, but I will never go back.
"March Stay"
04/01/14 FRM4L Salford
Located in a great location near public transport & places to eat, staff were pleasant & helpful especially the manager who advised/arranged places to see and how to save money on these. Check It Out.
"Solo AND couple travel: My new home away from home in Toronto"
01/02/14 smfische Vancouver, Canada
I love the Kaisar guest house. I came in Feb. 2013, and again for my visit this past Christmas. This is my home away from home in Torontoland. It feels very homey, and that's exactly what I wanted in my trip. It's very quiet, and very comfortable. A lot of the people here stay long-term (many are taking ESL courses), and they rent out a few of the rooms on a night-by-night basis. The residents/guests take such good care of this property. You won't find dishes in the sink, and everything goes magically quiet at 11 pm. Most of the people here are in their late teens, 20s or 30s. But, they're not the typical hostel crowd. Because this is "home" for many people, they don't trash their home. If you're looking for a place to throw noisy annoying parties, don't stay here. One night, I had a friend come into my room, and we drank a bit...and, we were loud. But, nobody complained. I am sure that type of thing is OK (as long as you're not unreasonable - the rooms are pretty sound-proof), but don't have 10 people over. It's not that type of place. This is also not somewhere to make friends, really, unless you speak Japanese. I've never been invited to join a dinner, or whatever, like I have in other hostels but I am sure I would be if I asked. Staying here is more like getting a room (filled with very respectful and friendly roommates) in a house than a hostel. And, being "home" while I came to my home town was what I wanted. I love you, Kaisar Guest House! See you next time. :) I'll never stay anywhere else. Unless, that is, I get rich, and can stay in a 5-star hotel. Even then, this hotel meets all of my needs. Clean, friendly and homey. But, bring slippers. No shoes allowed inside!
"Nice place to stay for a few nights"
12/23/13 Sid B Toronto, Canada
A great location, just off of College/Spadina, a stones throw from kensington market and chinatown. I stayed here last summer prior to moving into my new house. The owner was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and spacious enough. I shared a bathroom with another room however I never saw the people, and never had to wait to use it. The bathroom was fairly clean although obviously wearing flip flops is a must. It is cheap and cheerful and good value for the money.