All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
29 Argyle SquareLondonEnglandWC1H 8ALUnited Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

Service is adequate
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Dirty
    Bad breakfast
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"House Hotel Never"
House Hotel!! Leave me with an imagination of bed & breakfast type of lodging, but not this one or not in London. Tiny condominium became a little hotel rooms. No air conditioning, but it was ok in the night time since it fell in the night. No attendance in the condominium over the night where I stayed, although the hotelier told someone will be there after 9:00 pm.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Good hotel"
Good hotel and it worked well for a weekend stay in London
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
"Good clean hotel close to St Pancras"
Good clean hotel very close to St Pancras international. No breakfast but plenty available locally.
1 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
Gerald
"Don 't stay here"
Rude staff, lost booking, double paid - nightmare - wouldn't go back
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
"Good hotel for business trip."
Good hotel for a quick business trip. Clean rooms and reasonably quiet place. Neighbourhood very pleasant and handy to go anywhere in central London.
3 night business trip May 11, 2015
Viviane
"Nice country gaf"
We were welcomed and had a lovely homely over night stay.. So comfy and cheery.. Clean and warm and inviting, lovely decor especially the bathroom!! Shower worked nice and easily unlike most hotel showers.. Will be coming back :)
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
sazzyd
"Nice Hotel well located"
I was over in the area for a training course. Hotel was very friendly and located in a nice area with restaurants and pubs close by. Room was very clean, a little small for a single but staff were very friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel if staying in the area
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
Pat
"good for the money"
Cheap, cheerful, no frills.
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
matt
"Convenient London Hotel"
No reception, had to check in at the Melville across the road. Booked with breakfast included but reception said I would have to pay . Eventually got breakfast free of charge. Breakfast was at the Melville. When you open the door at the Albion there is a distinct smell of urine but once in your room it is clean and does not smell. The room was comfortable and very quiet. Breakfast room at Melville was newly furnished and very clean. Good breakfast. Very handy for Kings X and St Pancras and all the Restaurants and Bars
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"2.5/5 Hotel - Clean but generally disappointing"
First impression wasn't great having to check into the Albion at another hotels lobby and didn't get much better. Room was clean but small. On suite was tiny and access was restricted (door wouldnt open fully and had to step into). Spec inside was OK (TV / Coffee Machine / Hair Dryer) but no reception or service to speak of. The room I stayed in was next to front door which was very noisy when opened/closed and disrupted the nights sleep.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Rusty

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Camera troppo piccola per due"
La camera e il bagno erano troppo piccoli per due. The room, including the bathroom/shower, were too small for two people. Vicino a King's Cross, e dunque piuttosto comodo. Close to King's Cross, a rather convenient location.
3 night business trip Feb 18, 2016
IT
"Acceptability"
The breakfast was most enjoyable. Need refurbishments to room facilities.
2 night business trip Dec 11, 2015
yuen cheung
HK
"Posizione comoda vs. spazio inesistente!"
Siamo stati alloggiati presso una camera Economy Double Standard... che dire.. spazi ristrettissimi al limite del vivibile! Non un comodino, non un appoggio! Scarpe sotto il letto, in piedi in due non si riusciva a stare! Il bagno si allagava ad ogni doccia.... davvero orribile. come pro: Posizione comoda a 2 passi da King's cross
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
Michela
IT
"Dårlig"
Først påstod hotellet at rommet ikke var forhåndsbetalt. Selv om jeg stod med kvitteringen i hånden. Deretter fikk vi et rom på et annet hotell enn på det hotellet vi hadde bestilt og betalt for. Standarden på rommet var mildt sagt dårlig.
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
"Perfekt til en enkelt overnatning.."
Vi skulle bare overnatte én dag i London C. Og hotellet var perfekt til formålet. Jeg ville ikke ønske at bo der længere eller med børn. Men til en hurtig overnatning var det perfekt. Servicen var blandet. De var flinke, men en af personalerne(hvis rolle jeg ikke forstå, men sad i reception) talte ikke engelsk.? Og var ret forvirrende med hans konstante svar: "okay".... Den anden var godt stresset meem fik jobbet klaret.. Selve værelset var rent og indbydende.
1 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
Nick
DK
The location of the hotel is not good. We used more than one hour to look for the hotel and the hotel the farthest from the King Cross Station. The arrangement of the hotel was a mess. I booked the and the staff let me to anothe hotel. Afterwards, he said the room had risk of fire and asked me to move anothe hotel. This Ablion house hotel was not recommended.
1 night romance trip Aug 11, 2014
Fanny
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
DK

TripAdvisor reviews for Albion House Hotel

"This hotel group is hopeless, at best, or at worst fraudulent"
04/27/16 RowenaCanberra Canberra
I arrived to find a notice on the door directing me to check in at the Melville, a few doors away in Argyle Square. I did so, and the receptionist told me that rooms at Albion House would not be ready until after 5 pm (it was then 3 pm) and he could offer me an upgraded room at the Melville. I accepted, but it turned out to be a vastly inferior room. So I had paid a 4-star price for a one-star room and no-star service. This hotel group is hopeless, at best, or at worst fraudulent.
"Absolute Dump"
04/10/16 emzy1711 Reading, United Kingdom
Firstly we were put in to a hotel that we hadn't even booked, the building across the square. Looks nice from the outside (old London town house) but inside is a different story. The hotel smells of cigarette smoke and this smell came in to our room (in the basement). We were a group of 4 crammed in to a very tiny room, which is worn and tired. The towel radiator is taped together at the power and doesn't look safe. The bathroom is completely different to the advertised pictures on the internet and especially on booking.com. The hotel itself was noisy and we didn't have a very good quality of sleep. Only one pillow per person and these were flat. Definitely wouldn't book to stay here again, nor any of the hotels that form part of this group of buildings.
"Thin walls"
04/10/16 James C London, United Kingdom
Cheap, pay for what you get I suppose. Very basic, clean enough, smelt a bit around the rest of the place. Not the actual hotel you stay in when you book, you end up going down the road. Very basic Ended up staying in a basement that they moved the bins up and down some external stairs outside our window at 6 in the morning. Shower with all the pressure of a leaky hose.
"Our trip to London"
03/20/16 anne91668 Cologne, Germany
The people in the hotel were very friendly. It is situated in a very good area for visiting the many tourist attractions in London! Directly across the road from this hotel is a nice park. Our room was good value for the price which we paid.
"Not the hotel I actually booked!!"
03/16/16 mushyface London, United Kingdom
I was in London early shooting some photographs so booked myself a cheap day room for the day as I was due out again that evening and needed to sleep at some point. Looking through the Dayuse site I picked out the Hotel Melville. It was £5 more expensive than the other two owned by the same company in the same square near Kings Cross but had generally better reviews. On arrival to check in I was told that it was cash only to pay. This was truly bizarre as what hotel does that in 2016 and right there in front of me on the reception counter were two signs regarding Credit Card payments! (see photo). I honestly thought I had misheard but the cash only rule was repeated to me again. So I turned around, ventured 100 yards down the street and got some cash from the machine there. The cash was duly accepted, a key was produced and I was going to be shown to the room. I asked for a receipt at that point. This did not go down too well. The receptionist retired to the back office for 5 or so minutes and drafted up a print out (on headed paper) that covered my request. I got the impression that this was not a normal procedure though. It was very strange. Eventually I was set to be shown to my room. I was led to the front door taken across the square and shown my room in the Albion House Hotel. Not the Melville which I had specifically chosen and which was £5 more expensive than the room I got at the Albion on the website! (I did not get a sSuperior Double). The room was small. My cat has more floorspace in a cattery when I go on holiday than the room at the Albion. They list it as a Petite Double though, so it is not false advertising. It was clean though. The shower (in the tiny bathroom) works well (and soaks the floor of that bathroom). and the bed was ok if not a little hard. So the criticism if of the advertising of this hotel (or the Melville) and the other activity detailed above. If you wish to alienate a customer quickly then they know how to do it well here. I was only here for 6 hours so it was bearable but I would never consider it for an overnight or longer.
"Lovely Hotel at a great price "
02/13/16 MissNewcombe Sheffield, United Kingdom
We are a couple in our mid 20's and wanted a nice hotel to come back to after a night out in Central. The room was a good size, Lovely decor, fresh clean bedding and towels, Very comfy spongey mattress, Waterfall shower, large wide screen tv, tea and coffee, hair dryer...everything. Best nights sleep we have had in a while. The guy's that run the chain were so happy and helpful, even ran to the shop for us for some plasters. All of this for £65! in central 😊. Amazing! Will be booking again very soon. Thank you
"Perfect for our visit"
02/07/16 SCreviews Eastbourne, United Kingdom
We chose this hotel due to it's location (and price). Check in is over the road in another hotel but only 100 yrds or so. Staff were very polite and helpful. Room was comfortable, clean and had nice views over the quiet square. Hard to believe you are in central London. Our room was also upgraded for free which was nice. We only used this as a base for the one night but were very happy with our choice. Unfortunately our hot water didn't work the following morning which was duely reported to the management with promise of sorting the problem. But it did not spoil our stay.
"Not the worst hotel I've stayed in"
02/06/16 Matthew H
The outside looks quite fancy but inside the room is a different story. The light fitting above the bed is coming off the wall, the shower door is hard to close and can leave a gap for water to escape, the bathroom cabinet is too low and could bang your head, and the strangest one is that the light can be controlled on the beds headrest (I accidentally turned on the lights a couple times at nighttime!!). A good place to rest and a great place for transport as it is near Kings Cross Station 🙂
"Terrible !!! Avoid it... Get a Real Hotel, and not a Camping !!"
01/04/16 ASTRID B Lyon, France
We came in London from 4 days for the New Year, for a couple trip. From outside, the Albion hotel is nice and looks like a little house... However when we arrived, we were suprised by the little litlle room... (around 10 m2) + a 2 m2 bathroom... Ok for a couple for 3 days but no more. The decoration is nice. Now we were faced to THE BIG PROBLEM of the room : the bathroom. NO HOT WATER for the shower. Seriously ???? We are in december and we can't have a hot shower !! I don't mean "not enought hot", i mean no hot at all... ONLY COLD WATER. Day 1, OK, i told myself it was maybe exceptionnal. Day 2, no hot water again. After a big day of visits in London, you only wish a hot shower to relax... On the Instruction Room Book, we saw a paper with Instruction for the hot water in the bathroom. We have to activate the shower during several seconds, let the pump start to work, and go to shower after 15-20 min. NOT WORKING. We go the the reception, a man promise us that problem will be solved tomorow, and they will call a technician. It sounds like he was used to this problem, and used to tell this explanation/solution... (so cold shower this night again) The responsible is next to him, saying no words, just standing in front of us and according to my impressions, he was looking bad to us.. like a nasty look. Day 3 : we go to the reception. What a suprise !! a new young man again (never the same person...) He told us the technician could come today (a suturday) but he will come tomorow (again !!) like if people would come on Sundays for a pump !!! (LIES!!) . They don't offer us another room, and they don't offer us another solution to wash ourselves. i told them i was very unhappy of this whole issue, for 350 € for 3 nights we can have hot water ! They i ask to have a shower in another room, they had to give us a solution NOW ! they send us to the Excelsior Hotel were they have common showers on the each floor. SUPER, very intimate !!! DAY 4 : we leave the hotel with no excuses, no apologies from them concerning this issue. No discount either.. And we never saw again the responsible of the Hotel. Bizarre no ??? We were very disappointed of this hotel, we will neer go back again, and we will never recommand it. Bad gestion, bad direction. AVOID IT ! We found in the room a paper from 2014 (signed by the Albion hotel Direction) explaning the problem with the shower pump (we have a copy of this document) and nothing was ever solved since this time, and we are now in 2016 !!! Very expensive for the services they offer. Little rooms, no hot shower, very noisy (you can hear your neighbors like if they were in the room with you) It is too bad because the localisation of the hotel is very good...(Metro, train, buses...) SAVE YOUR MONEY ANG GO SOMEWHERE ELSE !
"Bad experience but resolved favorably "
11/27/15 ViajeraConGusto UK
We chose this hotel because we needed to be near King's Cross station. Looking at the reviews here it's clear that it is like a roulette. Unfortunately for us we are now on the group who had very bad luck. The thing that I can praise is the fact that management dealt with our complaint very quickly and favorably. My view is that it is a matter of luck whether you have a good experience or a bad one. The location of the hotel is ideal but I would strongly recommend that management doesn't leave it to chance but instead make every effort to ensure guests have an enjoyable stay.