All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
29 Argyle Square, London, England, WC1H 8AL, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good clean hotel close to St Pancras"
Good clean hotel very close to St Pancras international. No breakfast but plenty available locally.
1 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
Gerald
"Don 't stay here"
Rude staff, lost booking, double paid - nightmare - wouldn't go back
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
"Good hotel for business trip."
Good hotel for a quick business trip. Clean rooms and reasonably quiet place. Neighbourhood very pleasant and handy to go anywhere in central London.
3 night business trip May 11, 2015
Viviane
"Nice country gaf"
We were welcomed and had a lovely homely over night stay.. So comfy and cheery.. Clean and warm and inviting, lovely decor especially the bathroom!! Shower worked nice and easily unlike most hotel showers.. Will be coming back :)
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
sazzyd
"Nice Hotel well located"
I was over in the area for a training course. Hotel was very friendly and located in a nice area with restaurants and pubs close by. Room was very clean, a little small for a single but staff were very friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel if staying in the area
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
Pat
"good for the money"
Cheap, cheerful, no frills.
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
matt
"Convenient London Hotel"
No reception, had to check in at the Melville across the road. Booked with breakfast included but reception said I would have to pay . Eventually got breakfast free of charge. Breakfast was at the Melville. When you open the door at the Albion there is a distinct smell of urine but once in your room it is clean and does not smell. The room was comfortable and very quiet. Breakfast room at Melville was newly furnished and very clean. Good breakfast. Very handy for Kings X and St Pancras and all the Restaurants and Bars
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"2.5/5 Hotel - Clean but generally disappointing"
First impression wasn't great having to check into the Albion at another hotels lobby and didn't get much better. Room was clean but small. On suite was tiny and access was restricted (door wouldnt open fully and had to step into). Spec inside was OK (TV / Coffee Machine / Hair Dryer) but no reception or service to speak of. The room I stayed in was next to front door which was very noisy when opened/closed and disrupted the nights sleep.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Rusty

"Perfekt til en enkelt overnatning.."
Vi skulle bare overnatte én dag i London C. Og hotellet var perfekt til formålet. Jeg ville ikke ønske at bo der længere eller med børn. Men til en hurtig overnatning var det perfekt. Servicen var blandet. De var flinke, men en af personalerne(hvis rolle jeg ikke forstå, men sad i reception) talte ikke engelsk.? Og var ret forvirrende med hans konstante svar: "okay".... Den anden var godt stresset meem fik jobbet klaret.. Selve værelset var rent og indbydende.
1 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
Nick
DK
The location of the hotel is not good. We used more than one hour to look for the hotel and the hotel the farthest from the King Cross Station. The arrangement of the hotel was a mess. I booked the and the staff let me to anothe hotel. Afterwards, he said the room had risk of fire and asked me to move anothe hotel. This Ablion house hotel was not recommended.
1 night romance trip Aug 11, 2014
HK
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
DK

TripAdvisor reviews for Albion House Hotel

"Great location and nice staff"
07/19/15 Julie M
Albion House is in a great location, about 2 minute walk from Kings Cross station. The staff were nice, polite and extremely helpful. Beds were very comfortable, clean and the neighborhood felt safe and plenty of places to eat or shop near by. Internet only worked on the first floor or just outside the hotel and there are no elevators, air conditioner or heater. The rooms were beyond small and deceptive from the photos shown on website. Considering the total experience I would still stay there I just wouldn't recommend if you have more than 3 people traveling with you or trouble climbing stairs.
"One night only."
07/19/15 chris m Northampton, United Kingdom
And that's all you could ever use this hotel for. Having booked into the Albion we were actually given a room in one of the partner hotels the Excelsior so the Albion may be very pleasant but I couldn't tell you. I have stayed in some 'not great' quality hotels all over the world. But I've never had to pay over £100 for the pleasure. From the size of the room to the lovely tea stirrers, the leaking toilet found in a cupboard to the shower with no consumables. I would expect more for my money, would I recommend? Let this review be the judge. If you do book here DO NOT expect anything than to stay for one night only.
"Overpriced and undersized!"
07/13/15 Gary B Mexborough
When you book at Albion House you take potluck on where you actually end up staying. The reception is at The Melville and you could end up in either one of three properties in the square. We ended up in The Excelsior, which on first impression, looked quite nice, the room (22) ended up being no more than cupboard sized box with a very uncomfortable bed in it. Check in went smooth enough and the location is very good, 2 minutes from Kings Cross yet in a nice small square opposite a park. What does let this place down is the size of the rooms. Having paid £100 per night I was expecting something a little larger, The room was around 8Ft X 8FT. The bathroom had a shower head hanging from the wall over the loo and a curtain to pull across, no cubicle. The overhead fan above the bed was covered in an inch of dust and the carpets very grubby. Overall I would say if you are a solo traveller and pay around £50 for a room then this hotel might be decent value (If cleaned correctly). At £100 for a night it is vastly overpriced despite the location.
"Bed bugs and more!"
06/20/15 Owen B
Rooms were tiny and didn't look anything like the photos. No elevator, no breakfast, wifi didn't work half the time, water in the shower was too hot to stand in, no airconditioning. And worst of all, I left covered in bedbug bites!! Terribly overpriced. Not recommended!!
"Overpriced and understaffed"
05/31/15 Alasdair1 Vancouver
Although the location was convenient to King's Cross Station, the rooms were poor value for money. Remains of other people were left in the shower which needed a jolly good scrubbing and so small it was difficult to move in----the sink and vanity posed the same difficulty. The room was extremely small--little storage and with no lift, be prepared to heft your own suitcase. The man at the desk tried to service everyone in three buildings--not adjoining---so problems were not solved quickly. We travel a great deal and paid a great deal, for a bad deal, breakfast not included.
"Great location "
05/29/15 Jessicalee2312
The hotel is right next to kings cross station which was perfect, it was very clean and perfectly cosy for two of us.. The staff on reception was very friendly and showed us to our room. I would defiantly like to use this hotel again next time I'm in London
05/24/15 sumac2015 Cardiff, United Kingdom
Close to St Pancras/Kings Cross, Argyle Square quite attractive. Rooms very small but clean. But management needs to check rooms daily, in our room safe didn't work, TV lost the satellite picture after 20/30 minutes, light over mirror didn't work, no plug in wash basin. I don't suppose it is part of a cleaner's job to check these things daily but somebody should. We stayed 2 nights but it was a busy schedule and we decided just to put up with the inconveniences. They also don't serve breakfasts.
"Very good location!"
05/05/15 Yorkshire724 Ripon, United Kingdom
stayed at Albion house for 2 night, mid week. Albion house is located a 5 minute walk away from Kings cross so that was perfect. you have to check in at another hotel, I think personally that it could of been better sign posted because we where walking around for abit trying to find it. The room was small but it was fine as didn't want to spent long in the room anyway. However the room walls are very thin and we could here everything that was going on in the room next door....... everything! :| and if you arnt good with stairs this might not be the best place. no lifts and alot of steep stairs. The bathroom wasn't too clean but for what we payed it wasn't worth complaining about. But if you are looking for a cheap hotel in a good location then it's fine and nice enough!
"Good location but lacking a few basics"
05/02/15 Steve D
This hotel has many positive points. It was very good value for money and the central location was very convenient. The hotel stood out as being quite stylish and modern, though perhaps not to everyone's taste. The rooms were very clean and although it was small, that is to be expected in central London budget hotels. The negative points were that on check in, I had to query what I was being charged as I was being asked to pay more than I had booked it for (turned out the receptionist was looking at someone else's booking) The lack of a lift was inconvenient as I had a large suitcase and my room was up 4 flights of stairs. I note that the hotel lists breakfast although I was never given any information about breakfast so I don't know whether this was available or not. I would have had breakfast had I been told this was available. I found it quite amusing when I accidentally hit my head on the wall above the bed and the light turned on. Got me slightly worried about the electrics. Also there was a strangely placed light in the centre of the bed which you could easily hit your head on in the night. That said, I would stay here again because it was one of the better deals in terms of price and location that was on offer and despite its faults, it did offer a clean and comfortable place to stay.
"Clean and good service. Very compact"
05/01/15 DaveRWigan Wigan, United Kingdom
I stayed at Albion House on a business trip for a couple of nights from 27th April. Service and cleanliness were first class. Check in was efficient and I was very quickly in my room. I had read the reviews about the size of rooms so had upgraded to superior double. This is still a very small room and is the smallest room I have ever stayed in (100+ hotels across the world) However, the beds are comfortable and everything worked and I appreciate that every square inch in central london is precious. I would actually stay again as it represents decent value for money and I felt comfortable and relaxed while there. If, like me, you normally want to knock a few press ups or similar resistance exercise out in the morning then you might struggle if you are very broad.