All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Clean
    Bad internet service
    Uncomfortable
    Poor vibe
"This is good for a hostel"
This is not a hotel it is a hostel. which is fine for what we wanted. I guess I should have read the details better before booking. Bathrooms are down the hall. No hot water and no shampoo or soap. It was so hot in our room we had to open the window all night long. The smell of the food being cooked around the corner was not pleasant. Parking is $17 for a space in the back of the building that you have to walk around the block to get to the entrance of the hostel. We were told vehicles are safe back there, but our vehicle was vandalized that night.
1 night trip with friends Apr 1, 2016
Leslie
No problems checking in or out and the person in the front desk let us leave our stuff there after checking out because our flight wasn't until the afternoon defenetly will stay there again if I go back
4 night trip with friends Dec 3, 2015
Gabriela
The hotel location is okay but Chinese front desk clerks are not kind and the room is dark, doesn't have a hair dyer, has a thin towel and so on...
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
Shirt but very plesent
1 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
"Noise at night."
This property is next to a night club that turns up thethe throbbing volume on the bass on techno beats from 12 PM-2 PM, that will wake you out if a dead sleep.
Other trip Sep 11, 2015
Lezlie
"overpriced"
This hotel is more like a hostel than a two-star rated hotel. I was there for just one night so I was OK with getting up in the morning and running to the shared bathroom at the end of the hall. Can't imagine that for traveling with family.
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
Zhonghui
"Budget stay"
Nice and kind staffs. Sharing bathroom and shower is uncomportable. Small room but clean. No air conditioner in the 1st floor. Some rooms have weak wifi. I had to move from 2nd floor to 1st because of wifi.
6 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
"Good location but the shower is impossible"
I had no idea until I got there that each floor has a shared bathroom. What was even more surprising is that there's only two showers all the way at the end of the hall. I was okay with it, since I've stayed at a hostel before, but it got even worse when I got in the shower and turned it on. First of all, I was able to do my whole face cleaning routine and brush my teeth before the water even turned lukewarm. And then, the water pressure is so weak. Like, weaker-than-the-sink weak. I only washed my hair and it still took me a good 10 minutes to wash out all the shampoo. The rooms were fine, and the beds were comfy. But honestly, for the price I paid, I would recommend you just stay at a hostel.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Rita
The location of this hotel is great. It felt safe and it was easy to walk around and take public transportation to other neighborhoods and the airport. And the staff was really friendly and helpful. The room description does say "shared bathroom"-- however we ended up in a room furthest from the bathroom (which is one toilet room and one shower/toilet room, for a long hallway of at least 15 rooms full of people). If our room had been closer it wouldn't have seemed as bad, but it was a bummer to walk all the way down the hall to use the bathroom. There were sinks in the room, however. Just to be prepared that that is what a "shared bathroom" means. We checked out late at 1pm instead of the normal 11AM (which cost an extra $20). The hotel kept our stuff safe after we checked out so we were able to walk around all day, and come pick up our suitcases around 5:30 to head to the airport.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Haley
"Location is great!"
Great location, very basic hotel, clean but WIFI is really bad.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
Easy to find. Super friendly staff. Very clean. Great location for exploring with many choices of restaurants / shopping.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"RUN AWAY - VERY BAD HOTEL - NO BATHROOMS"
This is a bad location and bad hotel. It claims to be a hotel but is a hostel. There are no bathrooms in the room and guests have to used shared bathrooms. Bathrooms are decent but it also depends on guests and how they cleanup after. In general the room was small and had only a fan. They do not have airconditioning and they decided to get one installed on the busiest weekend in Vancouver. We did not have AC on a very hot night. Needless to say the corridors are thin and you can hear everyone who walks by - so no privacy.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Sudhindra
"Good Location and Price but No Comforts"
Great location at a good price but was not a great stay. The bed was rock solid and there was mold in the bathrooms. Air conditioning was being installed while staying there and never got to use it.
2 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2015
AC in the hall, but not the room. Unknown construction.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Excellent value for all ages"
hotel was close to davie street, gay neighborhood, many public transportation and three blocks from Canada Line (subway) to airport. Many places to eat, both inexpensive and mid price. The shared bathrooms were always clean and never a wait for usage. There is sink in room for minor cleaning. The common kitchen area was well supplied and previous guest leaves food in refrigerator to be used by any guest. There was no late nite noise as our room did not overlook Granville St. Hotel caters to all ages, even though it is listed in Hostel International website. This is NOT a hostel in the true sense. A very good value for Vancouver!!!
2 night trip with friends Jun 7, 2015
Gilbert
"Don't get the room at the end."
I was using this place as to bridge the one night before a studio rental I had for my trip. I got in around two in the morning and the reception was still attentive and friendly, which was nice. The room however was right next to the bathroom and I could hear not only every flush, but every roll of the TP, etc. I'm not a very picky person at all when traveling, but this place was a bit of a letdown. Could have just been a bad room, as I did get one of the last ones, but...
1 night business trip May 30, 2015
"Good experience at the Hotel Ambassador"
Stayed 2 nights and I was a most pleasant stay. I knew that there was no elevator or air-conditioning. The ceiling fan was a big help. Everything was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again especially since it is very reasonable and I think it is a great deal.
2 night business trip May 19, 2015
"Cheap and convenient"
The best thing going for this hotel is the location. A couple of the front desk people gave great directions and were friendly. The shared bathrooms were clean every time I used them. Up near the ceiling, it's cracking. Don't stay there if you're on the picky side, but if you need a cheap, convenient place to stay and can do without all of the creature comforts, this will do.
4 night trip May 8, 2015
This hotel has no elevator, worse stuff I've ever seen
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"A true gem on Granville"
I give this hotel a 5/5 rating, don't confuse this for luxury. If you are looking to stay at the fairmont downtown this is not the hotel for you but if you want an affordable spot in a great location with amazing staff this is the spot for you. This hotel is on Granville centrally located to everything. Beds were a little small but worked for the night. We had a slight Miscommunication on parking which resulted in my vehicle being towed. The hotel staff handled the situation perfectly and the manager made everything right for us. I will deffinetly stay in this hotel again and can't thank them enough for the great service.
1 night trip with friends Jan 18, 2015
Kyle
"Friendly staff, great location!"
Staff was very friendly. Rooms were comfortable, not the best, but great value. It's the perfect location for exploring downtown and catching the metro train.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
Jazmine
"Great place for the price :-)"
The hotel is very well located and walking distance to the most attractions. The room is very clean and comfortable, with all the amenities of a 3 star hotel. The front desk people are very nice and helpful.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Sara
"Great Little Budget Hotel"
The rooms are very tiny, but have everything you could need, including a tv, sink, refrigerator, and extension cord so that you can charge all of your electronic gadgets! There is a large shared kitchen, shared bathrooms, and a place to do laundry. I never had to wait for a bathroom or shower, so that was not a problem at all. Everything was extremely clean and tidy. The location is great, right in downtown Vancouver.
2 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
"Good for poor students"
Everything is worth the price, just suit for students, more hostel than hotel, but the Peopel there were so good!
5 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
"Convenient to all things downtown Vancouver"
Enjoyed the historical look & feel of the hotel, the location is easy to get anywhere downtown. Granville Street is a bit seedy compared to other streets but I felt safe enough. Hotel was clean & well maintained, including shared bathrooms. Front desk was helpful, courteous & friendly. I will return.
4 night family trip Sep 24, 2014
"The locarion was great"
Right in the heart of downtown everything was walking distance. We were able to visit most things but some things were closed. Surrounding the hotel there are lots of resturants and bars which is convenient. It's two stories with no elevator and the room I was in included a safe, fridge and sink. No restroom which was weird because I don't remember seeing it didn't include one. We were both surprised by that. Overall it wasn't bad because we weren't in the room for long.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
35 yrs. female
"Not for people over 30"
Hotel is for younger generation, who don't mind sharing bathrooms, shower facitities, hauling luggage up flights of stairs & don't mind being in a questionable part of town.
3 night trip Sep 18, 2014
PC
"Experience of Hotel Ambassador"
The first thing when l noticed was not what l expected at all. l would not book Motel 6 or 8 but l think they are better than Ambassador.. First of all, the first instinct is bad smell, the rugs have not been cleaned for years or even changed. There is no toilet in the room or shower. There is only one toilet and shower for everyone including men, children and women. l have never seen a hotel windonws with padlocks, which means there is no security. They provide a kitchen which has old pans and plates. No place to hand your clothes or an iron. You are scared to put your luggage on the floor thinking there might be bedbags We decided to place our bags on the table and the two small chairs. l would never think of recommending anyone to this hotel because we have hotel ambassador in the third world but they are one of the best hotels, and that is why I choose it and because they were showing white sheets on the beds. l do not know which no. to place it cos we were very very disappointed
1 night trip Aug 25, 2014
"Comfortable, clean, & less expensive"
Gabriella was extremely helpful and cheerful. Hall bathrooms were not what we were used to, but clean and not a problem. No elevator. But clean and comfortable.
4 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
Wonderful quaint hotel. We were a little shocked that the bathroom was separate from our room, but in the end that didn't present any problems :)
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Good location, gross hotel"
We picked this place because it was the most affordable downtown Vancouver hotel, but it turned out to be more like a creepy hostel. The community bathrooms were bearable if you caught them after the maid came in. The female staffers were excellent - so nice and helpful. The male staffers were absolutely terrible. If you're used to sleeping I'm hostels, this place is fine but overpriced.
3 night trip Aug 21, 2014
"Shared bathrooms, great locations"
Everything is okay. It was an awesome location and you get to pay less with shared bathrooms. Perfect if you simply want to explore Vancouver
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Booked this hotel in August 2014"
Great location, but the room did not have any AC. There was a ceiling fan that was weakly moving and it was hot outside. I noticed a couple of bugs on my bed.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Really more of a hostel than a hotel"
No A/C, weird lights that would turn on and off on their own in the middle of the night, shared bathroom, lumpy beds. It was relatively close to the convention center, but I wouldn't stay there again.
6 night trip Aug 8, 2014
SIGGRAPH attendee
Extremely poor experience with Hotels.com customer service. I changed my reservation thru Hotels.com since the hotel could not make the change. I was told by the Hotels.com customer service that the change was made. I called Hotels.com 3 days later to confirm. Again, I was told it was taken care of. When I arrived to the hotel, I found it had not been done. After a third call to Hotels.com from the hotel, I was told there was nothing they could do. In the end, the hotel manager agreed to let me pay for just the night I stay. But the hotel was on the hook for the commission covering the initial reservation. At the time of my first call to Hotels.com, I could have canceled the original reservation and re-booked, but was told the change was taken care of. I spent a total of 2 hours on the phone. I will not use Hotels.com again.
2 night business trip Aug 11, 2014
"close to the centre, shops and restaurants."
Only stayed over night... check in was quick and easy. We had a room on the first floor and this place has no lifts, so we had to carry our heavy bags up two flights of stairs. The building was very hot. The room was fine and comfortable, showers and toilet are separate and were clean. Check out was easy. Overall a good location for the overnight stay, not sure i'd want to stay for many consecutive days with a shared bathroom.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"It was okay"
The Hotel was clean and very simple. The bathrooms were clean and the rooms were clean. It is centerally located downtown and easy to walk everywhere. The offered parking for an additional fee$15 is not too bad. Could be worse. I thought the hotel was expensive for what you get, not sure if it's the area or time of year. There was a sink in our room made so using bathroom was just down the hall. I never had to wait for the restroom or anything. I hope you get a better rate than we did.
2 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2014
"Hot & smelly"
Although the hotel was in a good location, the room was hot and never cooled down overnight, and when we opened the window the meat fumes from the restaurant fan on the roof below blew into the room.
2 night business trip Jul 9, 2014
"Very friendly staff but..."
Had to book here because of a last minute unplanned trip. The staff was great! Super attentive, very friendly and certainly tried to help out as much as possible to make the stay in the area a good one. However, you get what you pay for... The room was ok (no a/c, small and no bathroom). Not having your own bathroom can be a deal breaker for lots of people but I decided to give it a try. It was not a bad experience but not sure I would do it again unless I had to.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Read the label to avoid disappointment!"
This is a nicely run little hotel... in an old building! It's been nicely maintained and painted, but the room are not ensuite. That means you'll need to walk down the corridor to the bathroom. If that's a dealbreaker, then don't book here! If you think you can manage that, this place is great. An excellent spot, at the edge of downtown, very close to the bars etc. in downtown Vancouver, but no so close that the noise will keep you awake. I was pleasantly surprised how quiet this hotel was, given its age and location. No aircon, but the ceiling fan worked fine and was quiet. My one complaint is that the curtains in my room were poorly fitting, so let in too much light early in the morning.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Shaun
"Alright"
Average conditions. Got what we paid for.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
"close to all the great food spots!"
A great stay. everyone was friendly and it was a great location.
2 night trip with friends May 24, 2014
Netanya
"Excellent home base for the Vancouver adventurer"
This hotel is not luxurious nor does it come with any special perks but offers clean rooms for a very affordable price in the heart of the Vancouver eating/nightlife/shopping scene. My boyfriend and I had a very nice (one-night) stay to see a show at a venue just up the street and this hotel was totally satisfactory for the evening. The shared bathroom, though all of the way down the hall, was clean and neither of us ever had to wait for use. (also a sink and mirror in the room made this aspect better.) Our room was above a busy street (Granville), so night noise (with window open as facilities are old - but well kept - and no air conditioning) was apparent, but nothing terrible. I'd stay here again for a similar occasion. (Also, $15/day parking in the back, which is convenient if you don't care to be moving your car every several hours).
Other trip May 25, 2014
Caitlin
"Good Budget Hotel close to all Happening places"
The Hotel stay was overall good, would have preferred non shared bathroom but good priced and very close to many bars, coffee shops. Also on the route for major tourist trips pick up spot. The front desk staff is helpful
5 night business trip May 1, 2014
"dirty room"
I stayed two nights and it was not a pleasant stay.
2 night trip Apr 13, 2014
"Good location, bad hotel."
The rules of this establishment (such as, no guests past 10pm) is pretty unreasonable. The majority of the staff was rude and suspicious. Also, for checking in and checking out, I had to wait 30 mins both times because no one was manning the desk. Not a hotel id recommend. Shared bathrooms on each floor as well. Not ideal.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Fiona
"Good mix of location and price"
Shared restrooms are okay, its never full. Rooms are clean and warm. Location is about 6 minutes walk from the subway. It's located right in front of a few clubs and the police station, so it can get loud at night. Not exactly a romantic getaway, but a good hotel for the solo traveler.
4 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Ronald
"Awesome Ho[s]tel"
Nice vintage-feel, right in the heart of downtown, super affordable. I got a queen bedroom with my girlfriend. It was only fifty bucks per night for the two of us, which was even cheaper than some of the surrounding hosetls.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Nick

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Do not stay facing Granville st. Wifi is generally poor with this trip being completely unavailable. This place works for me. Better internet would be a huge plus. I was generally disconnected for the duration of my stay. Not something that should happen in the city. Place is fine. I will stay here again. Great price.
2 night trip Mar 11, 2016
Stay was ok, just slept there. Wouldn't stay there again though. I would pay more for a nice place.
1 night romance trip Feb 5, 2016