All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

• Bar and Beverages
    Standard bar
    Uncomfortable
    Room is not nice
"Call before to confirm your reservation"
They only reserved one bed as opposed to one room for my friend and I so we couldn't stay there. Bar downstairs was loud and crowded with a strange crowd. Part of town was less than optimal.
2 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2015
"Extremely loud due to karaoke night"
Too loud and dirty, had to check out immediately after checking in.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
"Cheap. Central. Clean. Room smelled of tobacco."
Shower and toilets were cleaned daily. Room smelled badly of cigarette smoke.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2015
"Great affordable option when visiting Vancouver!"
My friend and I loved staying here! The location was unbeatable. So walkable to so many things downtown. The free wifi was great since we were traveling internationally, however I wouldn't say it is 100% reliable. Wifi went out one night and even though they tried to get it going again it remained out into the next day. But that was a minor issue. Overall, the bathrooms were well functioning and the bedrooms are secure and clean. I would stay there again on another visit for sure. The price was too good to pass up!
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
Hannah
"Good place but too loud"
The best thing is that hostel is located in the middle of Vancouver downtown. But seriously, there is PUB on the first floor, so it's toooooo loud. If you are sentitive at the night, I don't recommend to you. Also, the most terrible thing happend at the dawn. When my friend and I were sleeping, some drunken continuely knocked our room and shouted. It made us scary.. We couldn't sleep well at that morning. If I had had enough money, I would have gone other hostel. Anyway, it was not too much bad because it's pretty cheap.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Hellen
"Great Stay!"
This hostel is in downtown within walking distance to everything!
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
A. J
in a decent location but the place could be cleaner, also there was construction across the street, my roommate couldn't really sleep.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Great for party goer, Not so good for traveler."
Front Desk: Nice and Helpful, $10 for deposit on card; Towel rental $5; Breakfast is grub-to-go cakes and coffee. Room: 2-bed buck bed, lucky for me that night was only me. No locker, one chair one table. The thing that bothers me a little is the fact the bed is like a tray shape, with mattress in it, so there are a lot of dirty things under, but I guess it's just very hard to clean it because they way it designed. Sheets are pretty clean. Bathroom: Clean and tidy. Hairdryers available. Only thing is that there are no changing spaces and hooks are outside the shower room so basically people may come in while you are naked and getting your towels...But I showered pretty late so no one came in at all Biggest problem: Neighborhood. If you are not a party people that return to hostel after 2 am, nor a people who sleep super tight anywhere, be prepared to listen every billboard hits in your room...I can hear every word the DJ said and every songs played, loud enough that I call my mom in my room and she's asking me whether I am in a pub. Around 4 am some drunk guys were banging on my door and woke me up. Overall, if you are going to Vancouver downtown for party and bars, or you are very experienced hostel travelers, this place definitely have a great value in a great location; but if not, better find another place.
1 night trip May 22, 2015
"Beware"
They have an infestation problem of small bugs that live in beds.
5 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
"A lively little hostel"
I stayed at the Cambie Seymour hostel for a week while attending the annual meeting of the Geological Society of America. My wife joined me when the conference ended and we spent an additional two days in Vancouver. The best thing about the Cambie Seymour is its location - 3 blocks from the conference center and waterfront, minutes from lots of great restaurants, pubs, art galleries and shopping opportunities, all within walking distance. The other best thing are the friendly and helpful staff at the hostel, they always seemed to have an answer for us when we revealed our ignorance of Vancouver and Canada in general. The bar on the ground floor is also great, with a terrific beer selection. It gets kind of noisy as the weekend approaches - for example, they have a regular Thursday night karaoke dance party, and a DJ every Friday and Saturday night, so if you're a light sleeper you should probably request a room on the 2nd floor (which most folks from the US would consider the 3rd floor). The rooms are very small and the beds are kind of hard, but this is a hostel, after all, and given all the fun things to do in this part of Vancouver, we didn't feel motivated to spend much time in our room. We would definitely stay there again.
5 night business trip Oct 18, 2014
Lewis
"Bed Bugs"
We were supposed to stay 3 nights for a convention, but left early due to the bed bugs. Itchy bites everywhere, and found dead ones in between the sheets. It's a great location and price, but that doesn't outweigh the bugs!
5 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
"Excellent(Loc.+Staff)&V.G.(Val+Rm)&Good(Hotel+BR)"
LOCATION: In Heart of City at intersection of 2 main str. & v. close to all attr.+ Transport.: (WaterFront Term.+ Granville) SkyTrain St.+ SeaBus Term.+ WaterFront= 300m/3min. walk & GasT.+ChinaT.+ C.C.+ Robson Str.=700m/7min. w. & BC Place Stad+ Roger Arena+ YaleT.=1000m/10min. w. & InterCity Bus+ Train Ter.=2km/20min. w. & Stanley Park=2.5km/25min. w. & Granville Island=3.5km/40min. walk! & Vanc. Intl. Airp.=13km/15min. by SkyTrain= (Fr. AirPort= 4+5 &2.75+5 at weekend+Even – To Airp.= 4&2.75 only) … STAFF: 24hr+ Map+ helpful+ are working … ROOM: Med. Size w./ rear wind. (or, Str. V.)+ large bunk bed+ table+ chair+ shelves .… SHARED BATHR.: 1 Male+ 1 Female/fl.=> Each one= 2(Basin+ Mirror+ Show+ Toil) w./ paper toil only…&1Towel(If, need)= 10 deposit fr. Recep. … HOTEL: 2fl./No lift+ ATM+ Store+ Safe in base. using your own lock!+ In 1st fl.=> [Tel.+ Library+ Laudary+ Not used v. small bad sit.& T.V. lounge+ 2 V.G. speed Comp. w./ net+ not used! good common kitch. w./ all fac.]+ wi-fi … NOW, The Main PROBLEM is: No Lobby& Rest. because of transferring to Gen Café … & There is some noise fr another very popular big one for youth playing D.J. music until 02:00 but, really it is interesting & crowded every D. in all time (Seems more famous than hot) & it’s not too loud esp. in rear side & 2nd. Fl … B.R.: Fr (08:00-12:00): Only Tea/Cof/Milk+ delicious big Muffins … But, the semi good thing: Tea/Milk available 24hr. (and, sometimes also Cof).
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Hussam
"Uncomfortable"
The first staff we encountered (overnight shift) was extremely rude. Kept playing on his laptop and told us to come back later. The others were alright though. We were given the wrong room and was told I had to pay extra to get the room I booked. Had to check-out and switch rooms for the second night. This meant re-packing the bags and not being able to use the room until check-in time. Free muffins were ok. Good WiFi. Showers were horrible. You got either boiling hot water or cold water. No room to get changed. You are visible to people using the toilets. The water pipes leaked in the bathroom, so the floors were wet and you got dripped on when in the toilet or shower. The toilets are cleaned just before checkout time. Terrible timing. The window was broken so it was left shut all night. The room got very hot.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"Avoid staying on 1st floor on Thu or Fri"
Good point: cheapest may be. There are DJ sessions on Thu and Fri and you won't be able to sleep before 2AM if you're on the 1st floor. Rooms are small, not very clean, sometime you might see mice :) Good location, but the city is small so probably every hotels here has good location :D
2 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
Nam
"close to the worst one can find in a hotel"
This could be the worst hotel I ever stayed in, anywhere.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Shawn
"Typical Hostel"
In downtown, so unless you turn to bed late, don't expect a noise-less night. The price was very good for a one night stay. Downstairs bar was nice, and the service was great. Room is a bit unclean but what do you expect for a cheap price? Worth checking into if you're low on the budget side and with a group of friends.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2014
"cambie seymour"
great location, great people that work there (those cleaning the rooms and the front desk people), but the hostel/rooms simply were in very rough shape. I didn't feel clean in my room.
3 night trip Aug 21, 2014
MJ
"Terrible experience stay somewhere else...."
I had early morning seminars due to summmer all the other hotels were sold. Ended up at cambie hostel they were close to my conference location told staff i dont party and need quiet & clean room as i had to wake up early. She gave me a room right on top of their bar on 1st floor with broken window. It was loud all night, some bugs keep bitting me all night. Worst experience of My life... Stay somewhere else please...
3 night business trip Aug 5, 2014
"Feeling Hot Hot Hot!"
Given, when we booked this room, we knew what we were in for. Staff was very friendly and helpful, bathroom was very cleanly, and the complimentary muffins at the front desk were alright! The only downfall is that the hostel has NO air conditioning OR fans. We woke up drenched in sweat in the morning, and that was at 8am! The noise didn't bother me so much because we were planning on it being loud all night anyways. Overall, I think that if you're on a budget and looking for a place in a fix, then this is a great place. But in the summer, spend that little extra and get a place with at least a fan!
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
It's a hostel, I know they aren't generally very clean, but this hostel is pretty dirty. We also had bed bugs in our room, which is understandable from time to time in a hostel, but the front desk didn't do anything to make it up to us other than giving us laundry quarters. We were on a short vacation and had to wait half a day behind other guests to use the laundry facilities. I would not recommend staying here, even if you are trying to save money.
2 night trip Jul 29, 2014
Very friendly/helpful staff! Clean rooms. Muffins and coffee every morning. Maps provided in order to get around town. I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking to visit Vancouver!
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"Cheap but central"
It should be noted that the bar downstairs is very popular! We stayed over a weekend and our top floor room had windows vibrating until after 2am. This hostel is very basic and could probably use a little upkeep but it's is in a great location and was pretty clean.
2 night business trip May 23, 2014
Jenna-belle
"Backpacker"
Good location and value for money. Good if you're a youngand single backpacker. If your looking to party till 2am every night then this is the place, if not do not stay here, you won't sleep till gone 2am.
3 night trip Apr 30, 2014

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Room was very small but usable. Had to rent a heater as there is no heater in room but got money back when I checked out. It was close the where I needed to be. OK for the price and location. Was right above a bar so can be very loud but my gravol got me to sleep lol. Not a fancy place by any means but staff were friendly and helpful.
2 night business trip Mar 16, 2016
Diana
"Not very clean"
The first room i was in had bed bugs but once I got switched rooms my stay was a lot better. The Staff were amazing and accommodating through out my frustrations. If you don't mind a place that is a little bit on the dirty side I would say stay here.
7 night business trip Feb 7, 2016
"you get what you pay"
place is good. close to every attraction. room is so so... but, it's on the contractions, so it's noisy a little bit. I thought It's clean, but I saw a cockroach.....!
Other trip Dec 22, 2015
We stayed at Cambie Seymour Hostel for only one night. The front staff was really friendly. There was a party in the basement when we arrived which is why we were offered a new room in another, more quiet part of the building. We couldn't have slept in the other room - it was extremely loud. Our new room was extremely cold as there was not heater. The linens were fresh but there was hair in the whole bed. The mattress was extremely worn out. We shared a queen size bed and always rolled in the middle of the mattress while sleeping. I would only recommend it to people who look for a cheap room for one night. The hostel is super centrally located and cheap. Be aware of the fact that the quality is very low.
Other trip Dec 4, 2015
"Standard hostel living"
Hostel as expected, but if a rabbit warren but nice people and compensated the broken stove with 50% off food at a nearby bar-can't complain!
Other trip Nov 22, 2015
Do not stay here!!! The girl at the front desk is stupid and mean.
Other trip Nov 22, 2015
Traveller
"Worn, Cold, and Noisy. Not worth the cost savings."
I was looking to save some cash so I booked a night in a private room at the Cambie. If I could do it over again, I wouldn't be so cheap. My room was very worn and had large holes in the wall that were covered with duct tape and cardboard. The window did not shut properly and let in a cold draft, which really mattered because there was no heat source in the room! The shared bathrooms needed to be cleaned more frequently and towels should be offered free of charge. On a positive note, the hostel had rules that both guests and personal bedding were not allowed upstairs... although it was a little unnerving to see signs with tips to avoid bedbugs. The staff was pleasant and offered dining suggestions in the area. Overall, I would not stay here again and instead look for a quieter, cleaner, and more relaxing alternative.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2015
"Very dirty"
It's might be the cheapest place to stay in Vamcouvwr but therefore it's the dirtiest. Staff were awesome , and there's a fun bar downstairs. On the negative it's very loud because of the bar and lots of traffic outside even at night. paid 24$ . Didn't sleep under the sheets because I was grossed out of that filthy place.
Other trip Nov 16, 2015
RP
"beware!!!!!! Ton of bedbugs"
Can't complain too much because it's cheap room but the room it's really dirty also we found ton of bedbugs we couldn't sleep and went to front desk asked about to change the room and they not respond anything just give us money $3 for dryer our stuff and we have to wait for new room more than 4 hours Terrible!!! I wouldn't recommend here for around this price $70 (for 2 people) you can find clean place just pay a bit more like $10 more around Stanley park
1 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2015
"you might have to have a drink to help sleep"
great value but bar a bit loud.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
norm
This hostel is really central. The rooms have some "green corners" and this is probably where the weird smell comes from but besides that its clean here. It's very loud because of the surrounding. Staff is really friendly
Other trip Sep 15, 2015
Every thing is ok but room was not comfortable for a couple.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
sunny
You get what you pay for. It is a great hostel for a few days. Don't except the ritz.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
sarah
"Middle of downtown, close to everything"
Bed was nice for a change. Room mate was quite and friendly - got lucky there. Staff friendly and helpful, muffin and coffee in the morning helps!
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
The hostel wasn't a bad place to stay but the location and sketchy people who reside nearby make it unsafe for a woman traveling alone. It was fairly noisy and my room was on the back side of the building, not even facing the road. The main lobby offers free coffee to guests of the hostel and twice I witnessed homeless people coming in and helping themselves. It's not a hostel I would go back to.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
"Disgusting and stinky and noisy!"
Dirty, smell pee in the room, noise from the hostel bar, the window was open thanks a dirty bottle and the room was like a sauna... The washrooms were very dirty, but they smell better than the room (the pee smell in room was horrible). The room very dirty and stinky and hot and noisy (like being in the disco public washrooms inside a sauna) We could not sleep during all the night. Horrible. Note: the smell of pee was everywhere but the washrooms. We were thinking to go to sleep inside the washroom but it was too dirty.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Lucia
"Milk crates should not be called "beds""
By far, the worst place I have ever stayed... in Canada or abroad. The "bed" was made up of a mattress on milk crates. There was no air conditioning which had us opening our window and listening to the awful karaoke below, the bar brawls and police sirens which continued throughout the night right outside the window (which also had no screen and was within throwing distance of aggressive bar patrons and what I understand to be a neighborhood filled with other substance abusers), and had all the cigarette smoke filling the room. The room itself seemed dirty, although the sheets appeared clean. There was no soap in the ladies washroom, and it smelled horrible and was filthy. Was shocked and disappointed that hotels.com allowed this on their website, and may not use hotels.com again thanks to this blunder.
2 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Dirty bed, but immediately repared by friendly staff. Too small room. For students only.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Standa
The hostel itself was fine but it is very noisy - mostly from guests.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Not bad, just remember, it's a hostel"
The stay was not bad. It's a hostel, so you can't expect very much. The room was clean upon arrival. The beds were made and the sheets appeared clean. The front desk service was fairly nice, nothing to complain about. The muffins in the morning were great! The location was not the best but not the worst. There was some early morning construction that would bother any late risers.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2015
Marley
"Convenient location"
Located right behind Granville st, very convenient and close to everywhere downtown. Few steps ahead to Waterfront station. Gets pretty noisy because of the construction near the hostel, everything else is fine.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
I have just stayed a few hours but the smell was bad and the room isn't clean and comfortable
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
younes
"Noisy and basic"
Small room, Bunk beds for a couple is annoying, Noisy construction across road for entire stay.
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
"Safe and Fun for Meeting New People"
After hearing horror stories from other travellers about their hostels, I have never been more thankful for picking the Cambie Seymour. The location was on a safe side street that I felt okay with walking around on at night. The staff were pleasant with big smiles and even chatty. Allan was a real treat! My room was located next to the washroom and I ended up having a fabulous roommate during my stay. We worked well to share the small space. During my two night stay, I felt like my belongings were safe in the locked room. The night life sounds can get a bit loud, especially on a Thursday night, but those noises did not deter this sleepy traveller from catching some Zs. Overall, I will definitely book into this hostel again when I am in Vancouver next.
2 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
"Near to railway, cheap Hostel."
Great value Hostel right near the Railway station, we were in a noisy room above the downstairs bar, but had no real issue with this, just part of Vancouvers night life. Staff and cleaners were very friendly and helpful, many thanks to them.
3 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
"great :)"
been here for a week. room was small but clean, front desk staffs were nice. but recently there is a construction going on across the street. it can be little bit noisy at daytime, but eventually they stop it after 7pm i guess. it was kind of hot when i was sleeping because there was no air conditioning(well its hostel not hotel lol). i had to take my shirt off...lol oh but, location is awesome! skytrain station is just one block away, and since it's downtown, you can travel vancouver easily :) hope it helps
6 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
street side rooms are not noise proof. Very noisy due to transportation and construction outside.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015