All hotels in Tokyo, Japan

Clean
    Uncomfortable
    Bad breakfast
    Poor vibe
"Heads up to the Shinjuku Washington Hotel"
I was there only one night but it was a perfect ending to an 18-hour trip. Check-in was easy, the shower was hot and the bed was snug and comfortable. I really appreciated the efficient service both checking in and checking out the next day.
1 night business trip Jan 3, 2016
"great location!!"
this hotel is perfect for the location to stay at Tokyo! everything is close by
3 night family trip Oct 22, 2015
Staff was very nice and friendly. The rooms were old and out dated. The light in the bathroom was one of those lights were it made everything look yellow. Checking in was fast, and airport limousine service is provided at this hotel for a price. There wasn't a plug by the bed which i didn't like. Theres a family mart in the main building with a few restaurants. The shower, a few times, wouldn't spray as strong sometimes. Lots of places to eat and the station is near by. If i had to book another hotel, I would. Hotel was okay but not great.
1 night romance trip Oct 6, 2015
Kimberly Ann
"Great district, great hotel."
Great location, great room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. You can walk anywhere and it's located right next to the station which is majorly convenient when you're walking with luggage.
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
jordan
"Clean hotel and helpful staff"
Yes the rooms are small for Americans, but really no smaller than Europe and many in Australia. We arrived at the airport early morning, the Limousine Bus service runs directly from the airport to the Hotel’s front door. Extremely convenient. If you are willing to haul bags into the public train system, the hotel is a 15-20 min walk from Shinjuku Station. Also, they will store your bags until check in time. Very clean. The “interesting” thing I found was the Pod bathrooms. There is a 6” step up into the bathroom and my husband who is 5’ 10” could flat handed touch the ceiling. The water pressure was great, the bath tub a bit short but deep and comfy. They have a room where you can do your own laundry on site. The soap is automatically dispensed, so no extra cost. If you want a day without walking, there are restaurants in the “basement”. We did end up walking across to the other side of Shinjuku station every day to play darts/pool – people watch, clubs but it wasn’t a hassle. We were in a no-smoking annex room, which from the reviews had mixed ratings, but my husband and I enjoyed it very much.
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Decent but slightly dated hotel in good area"
All the staff I interacted with were polite. Hotel is decent, but feels dated, especially since it's located between both the Park Hyatt and the Keio Plaza. Small room, but had the essentials. You get what you pay for. Approx. a 15min walk from the west exit. Shinjuku station is huge and crowded (even by Tokyo standards), so exiting via the right exit is crucial to getting to the hotel quickly, especially if you have luggage.
4 night trip Mar 12, 2015
Ashley
"The hotel that has it all....."
Great location and great facilities!! Tons of great restaurants to choose from and worth the cost!
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
tail
"Decent stay."
Good hotel, decent location. About a 15 minute walk from Shinjuku station, but located in a quieter area. Adequate space in room for a Japanese hotel, bathroom standard Japanese size. The room was very hot. Couldn't control the heating, and the "A/C" button on the headboard really didn't do anything. Made for uncomfortable mornings while getting ready. But overall, the hotel was fine. Cleaning ladies were very nice, and the front desk agents spoke good English compared to other hotels I've stayed at. Would recommend.
2 night trip Feb 22, 2015
Amber
"Washington Shinjuku Hotel Annex Stay"
The segregated smokers area is not enclosed, which caused the cigarettes smell to fill the lobby in Annex. Room is small and stuffy since there is no air con during winter time. Have to request hotel staff to open the window. Hotel is linked to the subway. It is about 15 to 20 min walk to the Shinjuku station. Check in/out was quick without any fuss. Bed is ok. There are a number of restaurants and a Family Mart convenience store at hotel.
2 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
Tow Ee
"Old hotel in desperate need of a renovation."
The hotel is centrally located in Shinjuku near Shinjuku Station, shopping, and the park. Despite it's great location, it's a hotel that hasn't been renovated since probably its opening. The room itself is small, which is norm for Japan, but you literally can't lay out your suit case and have walking room. The bathroom sink countertop went into the shower, but at least the shower was a full bathtub. One thing to note is that the bathtub walls are very high, so I'd imagine someone older may have issues getting into it. The walls could have used a washing or a new coat of paint, as it had spills of some short on it. You'll recognize The Washington Hotel easily as it is the building with the tiny little windows, and the Annex is the adjacent building with slightly larger windows. Despite all that, my boyfriend and I did have a memorable stay!
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Tammy
"you get what you pay for..."
the hotel location is good but not as close to the subway as i had hoped, its about a 15 min walk. the rooms were bigger than expected which was a plus. on the down side, the AC system was off for the season and the heat is not controlled individually & it was extremely hot in our room. the front desk was able to come up and open the window for us (thank goodness) overall the staff was nice & helpful. i wouldnt stay here again but considering the price it was a decent deal.
3 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Small but great location - Annex room"
The location of the hotel is amazing for the price. It is just minutes away from Shinjuku station(which goes everywhere). Plus if you are using Narita Airport their is a bus that goes directly from the airport to the hotel. We stayed in the double room in the Annex building, it was small, dated but clean. My biggest issue was the bathroom, it is one of the smallest bathrooms I've seen in a hotel and it like the room was dated but clean. Overall, I would use the hotel again, the location is just amazing and we just didn't spend enough time in the room for the small size of the room to bother us. In the day time the you can take the station to go sightseeing anywhere and at night you are just a short walk away from, clubs, bars, and restaurants.
Ashley
"Very good location"
The hotel location is convenient, Hotel staff is very helpful. Room is clean, full bathroom, and comfort although room size is pretty small compared with the room size in the US hotel but we don't think that's a problem. One concern is although i stayed in a non smoking room but i still smell smoke in the floor lobby and elevator area. Overall we're happy and recommend this hotel
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Tuan
"Close to Shinjuku station"
A location of hotel is good . You can walk to Shinjuku station by using underground walk.
7 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Bond
"Very well situated in Shinjuku"
Bus stop for Narita & Haneda right in front of hotel. Lot's of restaurants within easy walking distance.
3 night business trip Jul 14, 2014
Brad
"You can find better."
You get what you pay for, and this hotel is no exception to the rule. The rooms are very small, which is understandable for Tokyo, but it was a cleanliness that was off putting. Location is great and close to train stations. The area requires a little walk to get into anything interesting. But is in a quite location. If you have a small budget and strapped for time, this hotel will do. Otherwise I would avoid and find something better, that might offer a little more comfort.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Location"
Great value. 2person room had good space. Really didn't spend much time in room as it was easy to get on the subway and go anywhere. Rented a pocket wifi and it made going places super easy. Also found we could walk to sites thru nice neighborhoods. For its location alone I would recommend this hotel.
Other trip May 26, 2014
The hotel was clean and location was great.. Rooms are small but I'm guessing that's most of the hotels in Japan... Staff didn't speak too much English but we're very nice and didn't take long to check-in at all.. also liked that the room included free WiFi & multiple types of cell phone chargers incase I would have forgot mine... would definitely stay here again..
6 night business trip May 8, 2014
Robert Fasanella
"Close to trains"
Staff are very helpful. The hotel is a train ride to all Tokyo sites. Keep in mind, Tokyo is huge. Japanese people are very nice, respectful, and honest.
Other trip May 7, 2014
linda
"We'll priced, clean and close to rail line."
This hotel was good. The price was great. They have coin laundry and free wifi in the rooms. The only downside was smoking in the lobby. When we arrived the entire lobby was filled with cigarette smoke. Our room was clean, but small, with no trace of cigarette smoke though. There did not seem to be many backpackers like us, mostly business people.
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
aneesa
"Practical Shinjuku hotel"
Convenient hotel with airport buses to and from Narita and Haneda drop offs right in front of the hotel. Handy information and reservation desk, convenience store 7/24, restaurants and 10 minutes walking distance from Shinjuku Station.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
AP

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Convenient and close to JR Shinjuku and to subway. Good location to stay for holiday.
2 night family trip Apr 5, 2016
It took me a long walk from the station to the hotel. I thought the building just got renovated and apparently it was the Main building under renovating. The room size is reasonable but the air condition control didn't seem working. It was pretty warm in the room. I was even sweating at night.
3 night family trip Mar 15, 2016
"Don't stay at this hotel"
We booked a non smoking room for 2 nights at Shinjuku Washington Annex. Upon arriving to the hotel lobby, we (me and my husband) thought we had entered a cheap casino because we saw people smoking and the whole lobby smelled aweful. Then we lined up to check in and the not very friendly and helpful front desk staff told us he had to put us in a smoking room. We told him we want non smoking room and he said the hotel is full. We showed him the booking confirmation that we had selected a non smoking room, he then give us a non smoking room. (clearly the hotel is not full, he just didn't want to give us a non smoking room). When we arrived to our room, it was small and we expected it to be small but there is no air con. Hotel told us they turned on the heat tonight so there is only heat and we cannot adjust the temperature. The stay was aweful because it is soo dry and hot. The only thing we were satisfied is the hotel provides complimentry Shiseido shampoo, body wash and face wash.
2 night romance trip Feb 16, 2016
"average"
Check out is very convenient
4 night family trip Nov 29, 2015
SG
"Comfortable rooms but bit soulless"
Quiet, convenient stay. Good size rooms and no hassles. The exterior of hotel looks a bit totalitarian and the interior is a bit soulless but would stay again simply for convenience factor, price and ability to take Airport Limosine from Narita to doorstep.
Other trip Jan 5, 2016
"Poor Hotel, Avoid."
This is my 4th time visiting the shinjuku area. I booked my trip quite late this year, and this hotel was one of those that still had rooms available. I booked a twin room at the Annex building, which supposedly is better than the rooms in the main building. I rode the airport shuttle to the hotel. As soon as I entered the hotel, I was lost. Where is the lobby and check in counter? After running through the entire first floor (full of cigarette odour thanks to all the teenagers smoking inside), I found out that I actually needed to go to the 3rd floor to checkin. At the checkin desk, the staff asked for my name and passport. It took him 10 minutes and he told me he couldn't find my reservation. I then gave him my expedia itinerary, at which point he was finally able to find it. Upon entering my room (non-smoking, still smelled like smoke anyway), something worse happened. The room looks nothing like what's shown on the pictures here. Extremely small, not renovated, stains on bedsheets, carpets were falling apart. The room was clean nonetheless. (bottom line, don't trust the pictures and room dimensions published by the hotel) The bed felt stiff and uncomfortable. The wifi dropped every 5 minutes or so, extremely unreliable. Bottom line: book early, pay a little more and stay at Keio Plaza Hotel, it's much closer to shinjuku station, and I have always received great service and enjoyed their amenities.
Other trip Jan 1, 2016
Jonathan
"Aussie review"
everything was great,room,position etc but do not get a smoking room, they stink. Rooms are a little small but that is typical of Japanese rooms.
4 night family trip Dec 22, 2015
"Stay at Shinjuku Washington Hotel Annex."
I am happy with the room cleanliness having stayed in some hotels of lower standard and poorer room condition in this trip which charged about the same price. It is convenient to find food as there are a couple of restaurants in the Main Building of this hotel. It is not near the Shinjuku main train station but a slow walk is acceptable to me and my family members. I will come back to this hotel again in my next trip to Shinjuku.
2 night family trip Dec 17, 2015
CY
"Convenient hotel for central city tour"
Sightseeing the central Tokyo was very easy and nice.
3 night trip with friends Dec 11, 2015
moonseon
"Reasonable price and convinent location"
Choosing it because of cost and value! Airport shuttle bus also has a stop in front of this hotel which make our return trip easier as we have lots luggages!
1 night romance trip Dec 7, 2015
Meng San
"Hot room"
The room was really hot and there was no way to cool it down as the air conditioner blew out hot air and the window could not be opened.
2 night romance trip Dec 8, 2015
"Pleasant stay in Tokyo"
We stayed at Washington hotel (annex) for five nights during the first week of dec2015. Overall the stay was v pleasant, staff were helpful n friendly. Housekeeping was diligent n professional as they left what was supposed to be untouched, untouched :) I was concerned with the 15 minutes walking distance to the station but that was easily solved if we were v tired from a day trip out to simply catch a cab bk to the hotel. Or take a cab back to hotel swiftly with bags of shopping eg: at Takashimaya. Costing less than ¥1,000. So worth it!!! The hotel was my choice cuz friends were booked n had reservations done up but I'm Glad I chose this hotel cuz it was a direct drop off n pick up stop for the airport limousine right at the door step! This is a huge plus for someone Travelling with kids n not wanting to change trains from airport arrivals. Other pros: hotel has a Family Mart convenient store. We could easily stock up our daily rations of water, snacks and drinks (without lugging them all the way from station) In my opinion, the difference Btwn main n annex building... Main building seems popular where bulk of the guests would choose. Annex is a little more private n quieter. I don't mind paying a little more. Cons: rooms are rather small but it is by Tokyo standards and for the price, it provides value. Across the street is the Tokyo Metropolitan Govt building.
4 night family trip Dec 1, 2015
SG
"Nice but so small. I can get a better deal"
Hotel room so small even booked a double room. I would not stay here again.
Other trip Nov 29, 2015
dan and leo
"Disappointing stay, poor room ventilation"
The condition of the hotel was decent but the experience was marred by the poor ventilation of the room. When we switched on the air conditioner, hot air filled the room. We were advised by the front desk that the air conditioner was not working as it was winter and that the hotel was under centralised heating. Our request for a fan to be provided was not met and instead the staff suggested that we sleep with the window open instead. The window was directly at the headboard and when opened, blocks up almost half of the bed. We ended up having to close the window eventually due to the noise and hardly slept cos of the heat. We've been to a couple of hotels in Japan but this was the first to not have an adequate air conditioning system which made the stay very disappointing.
1 night family trip Nov 18, 2015
SG
Small room as to be expected for the middle of Tokyo. Good location, close to Shinjuku station and a few good eateries. Staff were helpful and the room was very clean. Hotel has clothes washing and drying facilities. Would stay here again.
Other trip Nov 20, 2015
"Good hotel close to Shinjuku station"
Good hotel complex within 10 minutes walk to Shinjuku station.
Other trip Nov 19, 2015
Josh
"Room too small"
Annex room is bigger than main building but will not stay in this hotel again as the room is small and service is just ordinary. The receptionist was not helpful and English standard was very poor. Stay away from this hotel if you have a better budget.
3 night trip with friends Nov 4, 2015
"it's ok"
room is nice and spacious, no problem to open the luggages. location is a bit far from jr or metro station, around 10-15 min walk from shinjuku jr. the price is fair.
3 night trip with friends Nov 5, 2015
"Not too bad, not amazing"
It's not too bad, however room is really really small. It is about a 10 minute walk to Shinjuku station
2 night family trip Oct 20, 2015
"very pleasant stay"
Approx 10 min walk from shinjuku station. Helpful staff. Bathroom is small but clean and comfortable.
3 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
Good location and clean.
2 night family trip Oct 14, 2015
Stanley
SG
"Basic , Clean, Good Location and Simple Hotel ."
The Hotel that stated walking distance from Shinjuku Main Station was about 8 minutes and that was NOT accurate as It need to be Altered ASAP for It take much Longer than 30 minutes walk from Shinjuku Main station ( Depend of which Gate you are coming out from ). It also depend if your luggage or Cargo Bag are Heavy or Not . This also depend it is raining or its a Normal Sunshine day too. And if coming from the Airport by Limousine Bus will stop directly at the main Block of the Hotel. From the Hotel to Shinjuku Main Station walking distance has 2 different direction ( From the Main or Annex Block ) to walk and it took me about 15 to 20 minutes to walk and that also depend are a Young , Energetic or a very Fast walker too . I am a very fast pace walker with my Heavy Camera Backpack on my back yet it took me about 18 minutes to walk to Shinjuku Main Station everyday . Overall , its a very Simple , Basic, Clean and Well maintained small room . Room services attendance was very fast . Security was very good and going any where from this hotel was very centralized even going to Airport from the main building taking a Limousine Bus . The room came with Heavy Duty Air Plasma Cluster Cleaner ( Brand by Sharp ) , Mini Refrigerator and all the Basic Needs for my daily needs . Here I will highly recommend anyone looking for a Centralized and good location place to stay even thought the price is on the high side .
Other trip Oct 3, 2015
Kim Gary
"Good C/P ratio"
It's a little too far form Shinjuku station. Not bad. Good C/P ratio.
3 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
HuiMing
"COMFORT HOTEL"
• Cleanliness of room/hotel ………Good • Quality of service……………… Good • Hotel amenities…………………..Good • Hotel location…………………….convenient for airport bus stop
3 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
CHUN LEUNG LEO
"Nice hotel,bed was a little too hard."
Good location. Don't make me write more or i won't submit reviews.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
CN
"Nice hotel with good metro access"
Staff was very courteous and helpful. We requested for extension of room for 2 hrs after checkout time of 11 a.m. But that is available on paid basis. Bit disappointed on that. But overall experience good. More English speaking staff recommended.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Anu1
Bathroom is tiny Hotel staff were not helpful, asked to book a restaurant (as we don't speak Japanese) and the member of staff said "we don't normally do this, let me check if I can." There are other hotels that are cheaper and closer to the station with better service and rooms.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
"Not value for money"
Don't expect anything from this hotel. Staff no smiling.
3 night romance trip May 12, 2015
Chi Fu
"10 Minutes from Shinjuku Station"
The hotel was very clean and nice. Room was small but a good place just to lay down after along day. Bed was hard as a rock though, which I did not enjoy. The hotel is placed right on the same street as Shinjuku Station, about a 10 minute walk, so it was really easy to walk back and forth. It is also right beside a 7-11 making money exchange a breeze. The hotel itself is ok, but the location was pretty perfect.
Other trip May 17, 2015