All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
264 Northfield Avenue, London, England, W5 4UB, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
    2.6
"Never again"
This was the worst place I have ever stayed. I never have been in jail but it made me feel like it. The room smelled like vomit. There was a hole in the wall that was covered with newspaper. The bed squeaked and sunk in the middle. I couldn't wait to get out of there. The only good thing about this place was the staff was nice.
2 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Andrea
rooms were filthy and there was a puddle of dirty water in the shower tray and rooms were dirty and smelly. Will never book this type of accomodation again.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014

"Just what was needed"
This hostel was just what we needed..... somewhere to keep our belongings and a bed for the night. The room was basic but clean and tidy. The staff were friendly and was available 24hrs also right opposite a train stations which was very convenient.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
chantell
"cheap hostel"
I would not stay here again...the only good thing was it was a 20 minute tube ride from the airport. The outside building did not even have a sign, my window did not close in my room, and the people next door were smoking weed and cigarettes. Your money will be better spent somewhere else!
1 night trip Jun 19, 2014
lizzyc
"Awesome"
Perfect arrangements.
13 night trip Jun 2, 2014
"Not good"
The staff were lovely but the room was dirty and noisy. The kitchen was OK, but the showers were awful.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Alright"
The place to stay if you just need a bed.Don't expect much for the price you are paying.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
SG
Stayed here for the army navy rugby game! Cheap and cheerful . Weren't in the room long, good location for the underground though!
1 night trip with friends May 3, 2014

"Une semaine de dépense à Londres"
Trop de bruit de train.....nous avons du changer de chambre une fois sur place ' car les sanitaires et douches communes à partager n étaient pas adaptés aux enfants.très sales et nous avons opté pour une chambre avec tout à l intérieur avec une différence de prix de 150livres...il faut payer en liquide sinon il y'a des taxes à ajouter avec la carte bleu d un montant de 23 livres''''le seul avantage de l hôtel c est qu il est situé à deux pas du métro et dessert pas mal de lieux touristique.''
7 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
madeleine
FR
"쓰레기"
쓰레기
1 night trip Dec 5, 2014
KR
"Nära till tunnelbanan"
Ett ganska slitet hostel. Rummet var okej. Köket var fint men lite dåligt utrustat. Toaletterna kunde varit bra om de blivit städade. Duscharna var inte jätte fräscha. Både bra ch dåligt var att det låg mittemot tunnelbanan. Nära dit men också mycket buller från tågen.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Tina
SE
"shower room相當恐怖且只有熱水?"
僅有一點,若是相當早班的飛機可以選擇住這,這裡為一個好處就是離underground很近
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
TW
"OK"
Det var bra for prisen. Beliggenhet.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
HN
"Enkelt og greit!"
Helt ok plass å overnatte når man er på gjennomreise! :)
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Anniken H.
"시설은 견디겠으나 기차 소음이 경악. 귀마개 필수"
시설 자체는 그럭저럭 견디겠습니다. 샤워시설은 빈약하지만 넓고 괜찮은 주방이 있더군요. 침대 매트리스는 별로지만 그것도 그냥 견딜수 있었습니다. 하지만 바로 옆으로 몇분마다 지나는 기차의 소음이 엄청납니다. 귀마개를 여러개 필수로 챙겨가세요. 귀마개를 껴도 잘 들릴 정도니까요. 공항에서도 가까운 노스필즈 역 바로 앞에 있어서 위치가 좋습니다. 역이랑 가까워서 그런지 기차가 바로 옆으로 지나갑니다. 드넓은 철로길이 호스텔 바로 옆에 이있다고 보면 됩니다.
4 night trip May 27, 2014
여행객
KR
"Lamentable"
Je n'ai jamais vue un hotel aussi crade aussi insalubre ... Le personnel est vraiment désagréable et pas a notre service. En un mot dégueulasse ...
3 night trip May 9, 2014
Numa
FR
"Eenvoudig hotel"
Het hotel op zich is wel OK. Ontvangst ook. Kamers en keuken ook. Maar lieve help : het sanitair !!!! Ronduit smerige douches en toiletten ! Met weinig moeite kan dit echt wel anders ! Veel geluidshinder van nabijgelegen trein, maar daar tegenover staat dan weer wel dat de afstand naar underground ideaal is !
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
FI

TripAdvisor reviews for Northfields Hostel

"Absolutely Awful"
06/30/15 johnanhr
I went here with my family and mom to see London. It was so stinky and horrible. It's like a trash can or a prison. Here's why- - Rude receptionists - dirtiest/ smelliest rooms ever - Dirty kitchens and toilets (couldn't breath at all - poor prison cell and no cleaning at all rooms - Squeaky beds - No wifi - old, stinky bedding! the place is horrific don't go there there are luxury hotels for the same price!! Stinky place. And it's right next to the train tube station! It's so noisy couldn't sleep at all!
"Terrible place"
06/09/15 Demetris Y Nicosia, Cyprus
Booked a single room and got a bed in a dormitory. Extremely rude stuff at the reception - all of them! Paid 10 pounds for deposit for the key and on my way out a member of the stuff was acting as if he didnt know about it.. Extremely noisy cause the tube station is just a frew meters away..Extremely dirty toilets, rooms and corridors..Wi-fi of course didnt work..Honestly this place is by far the WORST HOSTEL i have ever stayed..Don't even think about staying there
"The Pits."
04/06/15 Ray H
Mouldy male showers, not working properly. Poorly equipped kitchens. Only one male toilet on different floor, with no toilet paper every morning.Rooms very hot, and if you open a window, noise from main road and station. Rooms never cleaned. In short, appalling ! Needs to be reported to the Council Environmental Health services.
"If I could rate it zero, I would"
03/29/15 760AndrewG Oldbury, United Kingdom
Heed the reviews. Avoid this place like the plague or catch it. I paid for a single room as advertised on Travel Republic. When I got to the room, it was a dormitory. I pointed out to the guy on reception that my voucher clearly stated 'standard single room only'. I DID NOT book a dormitory room. Surely if I had, the voucher would state this. I then had abuse over the phone by the manager. Do not stay here.
"Very grubby and smelly"
03/29/15 mylittlefairy13
I luckily only stayed for one night. i asked when booking to have a bottom bunk because I am disabled and unable to get up to the top bunk. When I brought it up with the guy on reception he seemed to not understand. So I spent the few hours until daylight sat in a very uncomfortable chair listening to strangers snore. I only braved the toilets once and it's an experience i wouldn't really want to repeat. I think I'd rather use a festival portaloo. Soggy Toilet paper all around and noone seems to flush. Maybe good for emergency long stays but not for a one night stop over.
"THE WORST PLACE EVER"
03/29/15 Artur L
Me and my girlfriend we stayed for 3 nights in this trash can. It's awful and disgusting. Start by the receptionist which is really cold and impolite. After the shower room that looks like a sewer. Please look for somewhere else but do not stay here!!!!
"DO NOT STAY HERE- Serious concerns for your health and safety."
01/02/15 Sprouley92
We arrived late, only to be told there was no option to pay by card. We then entered a room where we received beds with dirty linen on them. The bathroom facilities were among the most frightening I have ever seen with stinking overflowing sanitary bins and toilet paper, urine covered floors. Showers were hard to turn on, in a flooded area with thick mould on the ceiling. We were seriously concerned four our health and safety.
"Cockroach heaven"
11/09/14 Endri A
This hostel will have a special place in my book titled: "The worst hostels in europe and uk. " if it doesnt get the first place, it will definetly be on the podium. It could perfectly be advertised as the World War trenches experience: it's dirty, noisy, smells bad and you could catch lots of unkown deadly diseases. But if you are a train enthusiast, this is the place to go. The beautiful metropolitan trains pass right in front of the hostel for your pleasure. And don't panic, they pass by all night long. The beautiful sound of the screeching rails go through the open window, since you will have to leave them open because the central heating mechanism seems to be a long forgotten technology, that stays at 80 degrees celcius in perpetum. Indeed, not even the receptionist seems to be in the right place. Perhaps he just walked in from the street because the door was left open. If you are a family guy,congrats, you will share your time with international families with 13 members each... Of course Northfields Hostel cares about their people, so you will have all the toilet paper you want, you'll feel like the king of Scotland in 1347. In fact, it all looks like 1347. Ps: beware of the crazy naked guy running in the hallway with plastic bags in his feet!!!
"3 nights - tolerable, but never again"
11/04/14 J G
We arrived at midnight only for the front desk to tell us we couldnt pay with a card.... oh. So he sends three young girls out the door in the middle of the night with all their luggage to an ATM. I'm already pissed at this point because we were supposed to pay with the credit card and pay later. So anyway, we eventually get the money and finally get in our room. Now, it was a cheap stay, so I wasn't expecting anything grand, but this room was pretty disgusting. And our room window over looked the streets, but had no curtains....luckily it was just three of us and we had four beds so we used bedsheets as curtains... My biggest annoyance with this place was the AWFUL wifi and the OUTLETS DIDN'T WORK!! So I couldn't charge up anything or let alone use anything. Super dusty, dirty room. Beds were okay. I dreaded taking a shower in those creepy basement showers. I was just waiting for someone creepy to come in there. And no one wants to climb three flights of stairs fresh out of the shower. And the toilets were pretty nasty. Ugh. Absolutely dreaded having to use those. PROS: - literally. And I mean literally across the street from the Tube station, so that was a plus. - delicious Gyro restaurant a few doors down, super yummy and affordable. (stuff in Northfields isn't nearly as overpriced as London) - supermarkets within short walking distance - me and my roomies did not have English outlet converters, so the front desk lent us some free of charge If you're broke and wanting to visit London and have no other choice, then yes, stay here. It won't be the best, but it's a place to sleep. I probably won't stay here again though.
"Avoid at all cost"
11/04/14 Jennifer T Sunderland, United Kingdom
WARNING. AVOID THIS NIGHTMARE-ISH PLACE!! Worst receptionist and accommodation. Booked this hostel but only paid the moment I entered the hostel and is wanted to get out of it as soon as I saw my room. It was in such a terrible condition and there was no proper ventilation except open windows which then invites unwanted guests to the room. The toilet is in a very terrible condition. Flies were everywhere and it had a terrible stench. Showers were worse. Moulds everywhere from ceiling to walls to shower curtains. No refund was offered when I wanted to get out 30 minutes after I came in. Instead, I was offered another room (en suite) AND had extra charges to it. Nope. I'd rather burn the money than to stay in that hellhole.