All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

4.9
"Our Stay"
Alma Beach Suites was located conveniently next to bus stops, markets, and great restaurants. The room was charming and I love that the kitchen was available for cooking. There were snacks, juice, and freshly baked bread on the house! I wish there was some sort of concierge service or someone to talk to when I needed help around the city. It would have been helpful if we had cleaning service more than once in seven days. We would have liked more towels during our stay. I also wish there was air conditioning. (It was hot!)
Response by Alma Beach Suites
Hello Sonya, Thanks for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed our stay. May I just respond to your comments in a positive way as we do enjoy our guests' feedback. This is a self-catered facility as we are not a hotel, hence there is no concierge on-site. We do provide a comprehensive information directory in each suite with suggestions and owners' tips on where to go and where to eat as well as the essential services that may be required by our guests. We also provide you our telephone number should you wish to contact us. The weather in Vancouver has been unseasonably warm especially for June. It is the driest and hottest June on record. Vancouver homes typically do not have air-conditioning as it is not necessary for 11 months of the year. We do a full clean every 7 days but it is available daily on request at an additional charge. If more towels are required, we do provide them when requested. We hope that we will see you on another visit to Vancouver. Regards, Manfred
4 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
Sonya
"Homey Vancouver vacation rental"
Overall,very pleased with this choice. Everything was clean, comfortable, and met our needs well. Nice neighborhood within walking distance to parks which had gorgeous views of the bay and downtown Vancouver. Also it was just around the corner to shops and restaurants. It was like having your own little apartment away from home.
Response by Alma Beach Suites
Thank you for your positive review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again.
4 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
leslie
"It was a great stay!!!"
Our visit was great and I'd have No problem what so ever endorsing this facility ;)!!!
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Will

"Highly Recommend"
Our stay was fantastic. The room was so nice and we really enjoyed the convenience of the kitchen.Comfy bed, cozy fireplace and everything was very clean. Close to buses and the ocean. Loved the neighbourhood and had a great time exploring the shops and restaurants nearby. The welcome basket with bread, cookies etc was such a sweet touch. I will definitely be staying here again next time I'm in Vancouver!
3 night family trip Feb 25, 2015
Giulietta
"Fantastic"
Had a great and comfortable stay. Will recommend this property to friends.
4 night family trip Sep 15, 2014
Belinda
"absolutely amazing"
This was the perfect place to stay. I was at a conference on UBC campus, and Alma Beach Suites was only a 15 minute bus ride away. Ambleside Studio was clean and modern, the perfect size for 1 person (or 2 people who really really like each other). I definitely recommend Alma Beach Suites.
5 night trip Jul 27, 2014

I was stay at Lacrano Suite for only 4 days, which made me love Kitsilano so much. It is very convenience to Downtown and Boardway City Hall (just within 10 mins transportation time) and to several market stores (just take few minutes walk). Besides, it equip with a full set of cooking and eating utensils, even the dishwasher!! Denise, thank for your help and concern! Manfred and Carol, thanks for providing a nice suite for us!
Response by Alma Beach Suites
Thank you for your positive review. We hope that you will be back.
4 night trip Feb 27, 2015
Yuen Ling
HK
"長期滞在にはちょうどいい。"
家族4人で、6泊滞在しました。キッチンは清潔で一通りの道具は揃っていました。今回は朝食ぐらいしか部屋で食べませんでしたが、長期滞在で材料を買ってくれば自炊できます。近く(歩いて10分くらい)にスーパーもあるので食材の調達もできます。調味料も少しありますが、和食調味料はありません。みりん・酒・醤油など。洗濯は一回に洗濯機と乾燥機が一台づつコイン式のがあります。25セントが4枚づつ必要で、洗剤はないので持参が必要。玄関前から部屋まで階段しか無いので重いスーツケースを運ぶのは大変でした。シーツやタオルの交換は7日ごとのようです。すべてのもの(食器やタオル)のカウントはされているようです。全体的によかったです。もしまた長期滞在する機会があれば訪れたいです。
6 night family trip Sep 21, 2014
JP
4 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
6 night business trip Sep 10, 2014
MX
3 night trip Jun 10, 2014
JP

TripAdvisor reviews for Alma Beach Suites

"Family Vacation in Vancouver"
06/30/15 Lesleyonanothertrip
I booked the Alma Beach Suites for a week in June for a summer vacation with my family. I booked the 3 bdrm suite and I couldn't be happier with the location and the facility. We had tons of space and light, it was clean and roomy. The kitchen is brand new and I loved the outside tables and I also loved the ease of catching the bus downtown. We walked to the beach every day as it's only a few blocks away. Kits beach is only a short walk away. I had to change my week of travel a few times and they were very accommodating and made the change arrangements with ease. Thank you so much and I am going to be booking again every time I am back in Vancouver.
"Ever Comfy!"
06/09/15 Wayne P Madison WI
Once again we have completed a visit to Alma Beach Manor (May 2015 for 6 nights). We stayed in our favorite suite: the Ambleside. Perfect for 1-2 persons. We noted the new remodeling of the kitchen area. Everything else there remains clean and comfortable and convenient. We can't imagine a bettrr place to stay in Kitsilano, that great neighborhood in Vancouver. As usual Manfred and Carol were superb hosts.
"As Advertised"
06/02/15 sksc2015 DFW
We stayed in the English Bay suite. It was clean and comfortable. Pros: Convenient and great location. Easy parking. Great amenities like home. Many stores and eateries within walking distance. Bus stop is right across the street. Very affordable for what you get. Great customer service from Manfred and Carol. Easy check-in process. Included WiFi easy to access. Cons: No HVAC, slight musty smell from duvet which was corrected the same day reported (Thank You!). We where given a new duvet the same day we reported. Street noise (traffic and bus) in the late PM hours. No HVAC so had windows opened which made the noise louder.
"Our enjoyable holiday in Vancouver"
05/30/15 jenny K Coventry, United Kingdom
We found the accommodation and location to be excellent on our stay in Vancouver. The apartment was clean, comfortable and also the welcome pack was very much appreciated on our arrival, especially the coffee and currant loaf.
"Absolutely wonderful stay!!!"
05/30/15 britneyw888 North battleford, saskatchewan
I stayed at alma beach house for a weekend with friends and family for my bridal shower. Incredibly gorgeous house with plenty of room to sleep 10. Very clean and well kept house. Wonderful stay overall! Would definitely recommend this house to anyone traveling to vancouver looking for accommodations for a big group!
"The neighborhood is everything"
05/28/15 PapsiFresh København
We stayed at alma beach manor for a week and was delighted with our stay - most of all because of the neighborhood. West 4th can't be beat!!! The place itself is nice, have all the amenities you need and is far superior to a hotel room. We stayed in the English bay suite and have nothing to note, but must admit that the main reason for our 5 is the location. You have excellent shopping, cafés, restaurants, supermarkets, beaches etc etc within walking distance. And everything is organic (I'm a fan, but not fanatic, but very nice!). My warmest recommendations, partly for the nice accommodation but mostly for the supreme location.
"Home in Vancouver"
05/28/15 Darren S Santa Cruz, California
I travel to Vancouver frequently and Alma Beach Suites is my Vancouver home away from home. I have stayed in the Locarno Studio suite downstairs as well as in English Bay upstairs and both are fantastic apartments. Clean,bright and well appointed with everything you could possibly need.The location in Kitsilano is perfect. The beach is a short stroll away and the neighborhood is quiet and mellow,.parking is simple and the bus stop is only 1/2 block away. Surrounded by great restaurants, friendly pubs for a beer at the end of the day within walking distance,.it's very easy to just hang out. Whether you are in Vancouver for activities at UBC or just passing through,the hosts have created a gem in Vancouver. Looking forward to seeing their sister site in Koh Samui one day.
"The perfect spot"
05/09/15 musiclover309 Ottawa, Ontario
I liked everything about this place. You can't beat the location no matter what you are in town for. This is a historic property which has been renovated to be totally modern yet still maintains its charm from the beginning of the last century. The grounds are well kept and there is plenty of room outside to relax. Inside is peace and tranquillity and a big west coast welcome. I hope to stay here again. It is perfect. Perfectly spacious, homey, comfortable and user friendly. The hosts Carol and Manfred accommodated all my guests with grace and ease. They went out of their way to offer travel and entertainment advice and even provided some wonderful food in the very well equipped kitchen. Very Impressive. I had a delightful stay. Thanks so much.
"cdngeese"
05/04/15 cdngeese Montreal, Canada
Thank you for a wonderful stay. We enjoyed ourselves tremendously. Kitsilano was wonderful. Close to beaches and restaurants. The Locarno suite was a great suite. We had everything we needed. The staff were so helpful. Thanks and looking forward to coming back soon.
"Alma Beach Suites"
05/01/15 V H Calgary
Location of the house is perfect. Close to beaches and many stores and restaurants. If you are ok with walking, this location is ideal. Staff were very helpful and friendly. However, suite floors could have been a lot cleaner and temperature regulation in the suite would have been nice as well.