All hotels in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Good internet service
    Uncomfortable
    Room is not nice
"Very basic overnighting."
Although very clean and the staff was very nice the bed was so hard it was difficult to sleep. Also, there weren't even teeny, weeny bottles of shower shampoo, conditioner and soap. I was traveling from overseas and this was an unwelcome, unexpected surprise. There was only a hand soap pump bottle on the sink. Room was not expensive but providing shower amenities doesn't seem like that big a stretch. Also, no hair dryer which also surprised me.
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2016
robert
"nice to stay. good location"
very good
2 night trip with friends Oct 12, 2015
SIKDER
"nice to stay"
very good location and service
3 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2015
Sikder
"Nice guesthouse"
The guesthouse is located within a reasonable walk of many attractions in Toronto. It was originally a private residence that has been converted, so while it has private rooms and bathrooms, there are certain features that carry over from the building's original configuration. Thus the water pressure and temperature can be highly varied during high traffic times and there are not individual HVAC controls for each room. But the bed was reasonably comfortable, the rooms were cleaner than many motels I've stayed in, the price is affordable, and the service was efficient and unobtrusive.
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Chelsea
"You get what you pay for... however"
Since Toronto was hosting an important international conference, there was a shortage of affordable hotel room. Thus, I was pleased to find a room at the Keppner guesthouse. It was not expensive compared to what was left on the market. Yet, under normal circumstances, I have been to much better places for the same or even lower price, in the Toronto area. The location is not too far from downtown, but the neighborhood is not idyllic. There was no shower gel/soap. Room cleaning is not provided, nor is breakfast. Bed linens were not great.. at all (hostel type). And the second day (I stayed two nights) I almost could not shower, the water pressure being so low that only a tiny water stream was coming out of the shower head.
2 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
Xavier
"Convenient"
If your going to be out and about and just would like a place to sleep and shower. Your search is over. The location is very good. The subway and bus are barley two blocks away, The grocery store is a half of a block away, as well as two different places to eat breakfast and two different places to eat dinner. On top of that the area is safe and the people are polite and very helpful.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Stewart
"Very close to my sister's place and transport."
Only used it to shower and sleep. Close to major transport. Lots of restaurants etc nearby.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Swooshdb
"This was a great find at a good price."
Convenient location in a nice residential neighborhood, but close to areas of interest. Room was very modern and clean although small it was adequate. Private bath was updated and clean, snoopy and woodstock were a cute touch! Reasonable off-street parking was very convenient. Will definitely stay here again at this price!
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Good quality for the cheap price."
It was great for the purpose of the weekend. Not spending too much time in the room. Very convenient place to stay. The host is always available.
2 night romance trip Mar 26, 2016
"Value for money"
This is a guesthouse located in an apartment. Staffs were friendly and nice. The room was ok, but looks slightly rundown. The walls were cracked, furniture in the room looks slightly old. Bed was ok. Room was very well equipped, with fridge, microwave and toilet. Parking is around $10 per night. Neighbourhood was very quiet (around a 10min drive from downtown), and slightly dark, but being in Toronto, I believed it should be quite safe. In fact, this guesthouse is a 10min drive to many of the attractions, such as Casa Loma and Kensington market. Not a bad location.
2 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2016
SG
"I did not enjoy my stay."
I stayed for 6 days. The bathroom was so small I had to squeeze in to use the facility. The wardrobe was unkempt. The wooden floor is very old and pulling out. The room was not properly ventilated.
Other trip Jan 14, 2016
A no-frills room for a no-frills price. Thanks!
1 night trip Dec 14, 2015
"Great deal"
The host was very cool! The room was as described on the website and near from the subway station.
2 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2015
Adrien
"Good location, but old building"
Walls are so thin, you can hear everything what other guests are doing. The hotel was esxtremely cold. Freezing.
2 night business trip Nov 17, 2015
"Everything We Needed"
It had everything we needed: a true base from which we could explore Toronto. The appliances and the proximity of services allowed us the freedom to set our own agenda. Worth the stay.
3 night family trip Nov 12, 2015
Not Provided
"Discovery Toronto"
The stay was good, the subway was nearby so I could go anywhere. The bese service is that they have my boarding pass printed. so I did not need to log in to the airport. Perfect place to discover Toronto
2 night trip Nov 12, 2015
Huub
"Affordable place"
Affordable rate. Small room, but neat and tidy. Spacious bathroom, almost half the size of bedroom. Complimentary WiFi was slow at times. They should offer a water kettle and coffee and tea :-)
1 night trip Oct 31, 2015
"Highly Recommend"
Very clean, friendly staff and priced much more affordable than a hotel.
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
"1st time user"
We encountered a slight problem during our stay at the guesthouse and the management most graciously corrected the situation. The location is amazing...close to downtown amenities and subway system. The room, although small, served its purpose well; in other words, we got what we paid for.
3 night romance trip Oct 22, 2015
Brenda
"just good location"
narrow room, discomfort bed, cold room,can not endue to stay .
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
"Decent place"
I had a decent stay. My room was small and had the basic stuff (small fridge, glasses, towels, shampoo). It didn't have a clock radio or phone however. The shower faucet labels were a little misleading and took me awhile to figure out. I was informed there was a common dining area but there was none. There was 1 washer and 1 dryer. The dryer didn't do a good job drying my clothes because after 1 hour, my clothes were still wet. They cleaned the room every second day. The wifi was pretty reliable and fast.
7 night trip Oct 8, 2015
OK for the short stay + offers nice $10 / night parking spot.
Other trip Oct 9, 2015
"Location, Location but only the Basics provided!!I"
I thought the pics and write up on Expedia were a misrepresentation. There is no dining area or living room. The room was fairly decent, no coffee maker, the two sitting chairs were hollow in centre, the plug in bathroom didn't work. It was bare, basic type of room. Parking was extra!!
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
Nerina
"Nice and quiet"
It's a nice hotel in downtown area, not far away from subway station. But be aware, they charge extra for more than 2 people in a room. Not good for family people. But it's perfect if you are alone or a couple.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2015
Eleonora
"Great guesthouse in great location"
Excellent location, close to subway and local shops.
6 night trip Sep 19, 2015
Stephen
"Nice guesthouse"
Reasonably priced, good location. Glad I read ahead of time that coffee, dishes and dish soap are not provided so I brought my own. Unfortunately the people above me were noisy with elephant feet on the floor before 7am but that would be my only complaint.
Other trip Sep 17, 2015
shez106
"Handy to everything"
Lovely location, close to shops and transport. Safe, tidy area.
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
george
"Keppner Guesthouse"
It was perfect in respect to the fact it was clean, where it was located,had a comfortable bed and provided you with a fridge and microwave. Would I go back? Absolutely I'll be booking with them again.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Sandy
"Good value for the money"
The guest house was easy to find. In a nice quiet, beautiful area. The room had a nice old style to it - clean and bright. My only complaint was that the mattress made too much noise every time you moved - like it was filled with plastic wrap - never-the-less it was comfortable to sleep. Good value for the money.
5 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
"Clean, quiet location & private bathroom"
Quick check-in, quiet and very clean with comfortable bed, nice towels, good Wi-Fi, in-room fridge. Excellent for a single or multi-night stay. Best for a couple or solo business traveler.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
Euro Guest
"Hidden Gem"
The best deal for the price. On a quiet street not far from city center. Very spacious and clean. Friendly staff. Seems to be family run. It will now be my hotel of choice in Toronto.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Unwelcoming and uncomfortable"
We were not impressed with this hotel. We ust wanted it to be comfortable, quiet, and stress-free; it was none of these things. The confirmation said check-in was anytime after 3, but the hotel called us every hour to ask when we would be there, even after we said repeatedly that we would be there around 7. When we got there, the guy at the front desk was really brusque. The room was clean and large, but there was only 1 small pillow for each of us & only 1 thin blanket. The walls and ceiling were paper-thin and we could hear people talking and walking around all night. When we tried to find the front desk person to ask for more bedding, he was gone. There TV only had a handful of off-brand channels, and the bed was one of the most uncomfortable I've ever slept in. "Free toiletries" apparently meant that there was hand soap in the bathroom. When my friend got up early and left in the morning, the guy from the front desk barged right into the room without knocking, waking me up. When I checked out he chastised me, saying I should have woken up and locked the door. When I suggested that he should have knocked, he seemed angry. Later, when I called the hotel to ask if they had found an item I may have left there, he asked for my room number and, when I couldn't remember, he seemed very annoyed and said he would call me back - never happened. Overall, we felt very unwelcome and uncomfortable when all we wanted was a comfortable bed and good TV!
1 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2015
The hotel's redeeming quality is that it is really close to Yonge Street and the downtown core which was what we were looking for. We had a junior suite and it was like a dorm room which was unfortunate as we stayed five (5) days. The rooms are clean and the neighbourhood is fine. The staff were friendly and if we needed anything, they were there right away. There are no coffee pots in the room but there is a McDonald's within 2-5 minutes for coffee. There is a microwave and a fridge.
3 night romance trip Jun 2, 2015
Deborah K
Great location. Awesome price! For short stay it's perfect!
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
"So so"
Stayed 1 night. The house feels a bit old. Tv and microwave in room a nice touch, but would have preferred a coffee maker. Shower, washroom a bit cramped. Location is good though, very short walk to the subway.
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
P
"More like a form room."
Really more like a form room than a bed and breakfast, which I was expecting a Guest house in this neighbourhood to be. For a form room it was quite pricey.
2 night trip Jun 4, 2015
Ronald
"Good Location"
Well run establishment with a comfortable room and close to transport, entertainment and restaurants.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
"A good bargain in a central location"
The room satisfied our three primary requirements -- clean, comfortable, and quiet. The room was understandably small but adequate for a one-night booking. One drawback was that there were no coffee-making facilities in the room, and the hotel does not provide breakfast. Parking is very limited; we had to park in a nearby lot, but the rates there go up after 7 AM.
Other trip May 31, 2015
BLT
"My new Toronto stay"
Loved it. Quite a find. Clean, quiet. Respectful fellow travellers. Very good value and accessible to downtown on subway. Last minute booking and was pleasantly thrilled.
2 night family trip May 17, 2015
"Comfortable and Amazing Place for the Price"
It was a nice, short but comfortable stay.
3 night trip May 10, 2015
Elia
"Location is the only thing going for this place"
Looking for a room for a few nights in this location. The Beds were uncomfortable, thin torn sheets, one thin towel each and one pillow each. Not looking for luxury just a reasonable level of comfort. This is called a "superior" room, not sure what the "average" room would look like. Spent a few days at the Econo Lodge afterwards and it was a welcome change.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Anna
"Bang For Your Buck"
It was perfect for what I needed; a comfy bed, a shower and a cheap price. They had really slow internet, but that doesn't really matter.
1 night trip May 6, 2015
Shawn
"Meh..."
Clean, great downtown location; however, bed not that comfy, not many towels or blankets and no face cloths.
3 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
"Simple but good"
This is a budget hotel that was spotlessly clean and freshly decorated. Simple Ikea furniture with a fridge and micro. Close to subway and shops. Would stay there again.
2 night trip with friends Apr 30, 2015
Kim Edward
"Good choice for low rate"
- I enjoyed the cleaned room. - Stuff don't help you to carry luggage. - The room was too cold.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
"Review from Timmins"
Would appreciate more than 2 towels for 2 people, also more than one pillow per person. It would also be beneficial to provide info on subway and bus transportation stops nearby the guest House.(for people coming from out of town) Thank you for a nice stay.
4 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
Christine
"Downtown and quiet, at a very affordable price."
I wanted a very affordable place to stay downtown, and this filled the bill. It was very quiet, and the room was clean, if a bit basic. The bathroom was clean, and a decent size. The owners lent me cutlery for my microwave dinner, and were friendly and polite. It reminded me of hotels in Europe, where the rooms are very small but have good facilities.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Cosy guesthouse for a very reasonable price"
Felt good there and the price was very reasonable. It's a guesthouse, not a hotel - no reception, bar, or restaurant, but there are many restaurants around. It has a nice atmosphere and it covored all my needs for a fraction of the price of other hotels during the convention I came for
5 night business trip Mar 1, 2014
Sergey

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Klein aber fein mit super lage"
Das zimmer war sehr klein. Bett bequem. Kühlschrank und Fernseher enthalten. GeräumigeS Badezimmer. Zentrale Lage. Mitarbeiter sehr nett.
4 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2016
Jaqueline
DE
"フレンドリーなホテル"
ホテルのスタッフはフレンドリーでとても親切です。部屋もきれいで、wifiも良かったです。地下鉄からは近く、スーパーもあり便利な立地でした。ただ、部屋が少し寒かったです。
3 night romance trip Jan 14, 2016