All hotels in Barcelona, Spain
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereCalle Ramelleres, 27, Barcelona, Barcelona, 08001, Spain, ‏‎800-491-6126

Score breakdown (from 1 review)

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    (0)

"Great location but under construction and noisy"
I had a small but adequate room on the first floor. No TV in the room and no desk to work at. There was a water damage in the bathroom which made it smell in there and the room was just over the bar so noisy at night. Also noisy in the morning since there was obviosuly construction work going on that I was not told about before booking or when checking in.
2 night trip May 11, 2014
Johannes

TripAdvisor reviews for Hostal Grau

"Couldn't be better."
05/25/15 Tony D Rishton
Just got back after 3 nights at Hostal Grau and have to say for the cost and location it couldn't be bettered. We've stopped in fancy hotels and paid premium prices for sullen and discourteous staff but at the Hostal Grau you are welcomed with warmth and genuine helpfulness. They allowed us to drop our bags in a secure room upon our early arrival and to leave in the same room, plus let us freshen up, after checkout because of our late flight. The rooms were a pleasant change from the same/ same layouts and furniture choices in other hotels. I had asked for a room above the ground floor, (I think all of the rooms are anyway) and room 404 allowed a view of the surrounding streets in 3 directions. The Bar Centric next door satisfied our need for late drinks with a very friendly and polite man behind the bar. We only had breakfast here once and were served by a young woman who must have got out of the wrong side of the bed that morning. Bad tempered and no smile after we had waited a few minutes while she crashed plates and cutlery about. All in all you couldn't find a more friendly, clean and well priced hotel in the location if you tried. Hope to return another day.
"1 week barcelona"
05/12/15 gebharal Kassel, Germany
Cheap, clean, nice style, central location (5 minutes to ramblas, gotic, placa de catalyna), very friendly stuff. Perfect for a short trip. We has breakfast next door in cafe central which was cheap and tasty.
"Great and clean hotel"
04/11/15 Roi Z
We stayed for 3 nights, nice hotel, small and clean room, great facilities, and very welcoming staff )english speakers). The location is near the Rambla which is great, and very close to plaza Catalonia. no TV but none needed.
"Still in Renovation Stages"
04/07/15 Dfo57 Ames, Iowa
This hotel may turn out much better once their new addition is available for breakfast in the mornings. Some of the bathrooms for my group had cockroaches and ants in the drainage system and needed to be cleaned out. The location of the hotel is great and close to the Ramblas.
"Great hotel, ideally located."
03/14/15 Slitherin United Kingdom
Small hotel in a great location. Very close to La Rambla and the metro. Very friendly, helpful and efficient staff, who all spoke English well. The rooms are minimalist but perfectly adequate, and fair value for the price. Excellent shower and good wifi too.
"Fabulous Boutique Hotel in an Excellent Location"
03/10/15 AJV0727 Wimborne Minster, England, United Kingdom
I stayed in this hotel during the Mobile World Conference & was therefore pricey, but to be expected. The room we stayed in was clean, large & v.comfortable; their staff were v.friendly & the proximity to all the essentials such as The Metro, shops, restaurants and attractions was superb. I would definitely recommend this hotel although for the price an all inclusive breakfast would have been nice.
"Snazzy small hotel in a killer location"
03/06/15 Dan P San Diego, California, United States
We were here in sept 2014. First of all this place is hard to find. It is tucked away in the pedestrian streets and there are no signs that stick out. There is a sign above the door and on the door but it is not obvious. I walked past it a few times. The front desk people are very friendly and helpful. Any questions I had they answered and they helped show me how to get places on maps. The rooms have this green feel to them, so much natural wood! The bed was very comfortable and the shower had great pressure. The espresso maker in the room was great too! You are next to lots of tasty places to grab a quick cheap breakfast. There is also a laundromat just a few blocks away that is very affordable! The lady that ran it did not speak english but was very helpful at pointing me to the signs in english and basically told me she was going to clean and would watch my clothes for me so I could go to the cafe :) The location of this place is amazing. You are a short walk to many sights, plus all of the tours leave from Plaça de Catalunya which is about 1.5 blocks away and this is the start of las rambles. The price of this place is jaw dropping for the location and comfort! I would definitely stay here again!!!
"Renovations in progress but still perfect for us"
03/03/15 laurie h Boston, Massachusetts
We rented 2 rooms in this hotel last winter while renovations were in full swing. I was a little apprehensive about the renovations but I should not have been. Everything was great. I liked the hotel so much that little things like the hot water not working and the door locks not working right was quickly overlooked because everything else was so unique and appealing. The rooms are very eco-friendly. The mattresses were made out of bamboo and it was the most comfortable sleep I have ever had. I liked the tile in the bathroom so much that when I returned home I remodeled my bathroom with similar tiles from Spain. This place is not a cookie cutter, chain hotel and don't go there expecting it. But unlike cookie-cutter hotels, this was a true Spanish experience that I will never forget. Side note- We took public transportation from Barcelona airport to hotel and it is kind of difficult to find but if you follow the directions from the hotel website exactly you will find it.
"Fabulous"
02/25/15 slooone northern California
Hostal Grau is in El Raval by a pedestrian corner between Les Rambles and the University — only two blocks from Plaça de Catalunya. El Raval is nowadays comfortable, bustling, and secure. My 4th-floor room looked over the street, and it was quiet, modern, immaculate, large, and comfortable: a dreamy king-sized bed and a large, hot shower. The Wi-Fi proved quick and reliable. Unlike other budget hotels, Hostal Grau offers a room fully equipped: good towels, enough outlets, sound lighting, an in-room combination safe, ample hangers on the rack, bedlamps. The staff seemed agreeable and efficient at check-in and check-out, responding happily in Catalan, Castilian, or English. The desk is staffed all night, and they will unlock the door to let you in later in the evening. The decor is markedly stylish — outdoing in taste and elegance a lot of expensive hotels.
"Just lovely!"
02/14/15 Amy F County Cork, Ireland
We loved this hotel, it was spotlessly clean and cosy, the decor was cool and the bed was amazing, so comfortable it induced many the day-time nap! The staff were lovely and friendly and the location was perfect. It's so close to the hustle and bustle but still tucked away from the noise. We will definitely be coming back here!