All hotels in Mumbai, India
165 Lamington roadOpposite Minerva Cinema, MumbaiMaharashtra400007India, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
    Clean
    Breakfast is average
    Room is not nice
Hotel was ok, the food was never what was expected. Often found bugs in the bathroom because an open window provided ventilation.
2 night trip with friends Mar 3, 2016
Andrea
"Great Hotel, Notice Early Checkout"
I enjoyed hotel KumKum a lot, and after spending a month in India I can comment that the service at this particular hotel was wonderful. The host, Felix was very helpful for us and I enjoyed his presence. Room service was prompt and it was good! The only downside for us was that the checkout time was at 9 am which we had not been expecting.
3 night romance trip Dec 15, 2015
Tasha
"Termite smell."
WiFi did not work in room, it worked in restaurant and near lobby. One day they drilled holes in the walls every couple of feet then inserted poison to kill termites. You could hear drilling for over an hour in the morning and then smell the chemicals for several hours afterwards. TV did not work. I wanted to book a city tour so I was told the manager was going to call me in ten minutes. He called but could not hear me on the phone and hung up. He did not call back.
3 night trip Oct 9, 2015
Fantastic
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
"Surrounding Area"
Hotel is okay but surrounding area is too much to handle. Price should be lower for the overall single one night. Picked the location due to airport being near. They do not provide airport service which is the main reason for lower rating. If they did at least you could ignore location issue.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Fazal
"convinient location"
nicen little place.. cloase to local station..
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Bond

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Young lady at front desk was amazing.
8 night business trip Mar 18, 2016
anthony
"Good value for money"
The hotel was close to train station, so full of homeleas people on the street and at night a bit dodgy. It is easy to reach all famous places around. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Bathrooms could be improved. Room was very small. Was very quiet to sleep and mattresses very good. Same very comfortable pillows.
2 night trip with friends Mar 18, 2016
"Good friendly hotel value for money"
Excellent hotel. Very nice helpful people. Nothing much around... Could do with lift and restaurant. Enjoyed stay. Good value for money
2 night trip with friends Nov 4, 2015
"Good value for Mumbai"
Good stay arrived at midnight no problem only one niggle hadn't noticed check out was 9.30am!my fault I suppose but keep in mind
2 night family trip Oct 15, 2015
Valerie
"Great location, friendly staff, worth the price"
The staff were all extremely nice and service oriented, and neither me nor my wife have anything negative to say about them. The room however was very noisy, not just from the street, but from inside the hallways as well. The doors and windows might as well have been open considering the noise level. There wasn't a proper bedding either, as all we got was a fleece blanket, which doesn't seem too hygienic either. I'm sure the staff would fix this if you asked, but we're not really that great at complaining.
3 night romance trip Oct 1, 2015
Anders
IN
"Dirty hotel, full of Mosquitoes"
Our room was dark, dingy, full of Mosquitoes. When we asked to be changed to an insect-free room we had to fight for it. Even then, the bed was itchy, dusty and there wasn't even a sheet - only some dusty blanket.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
OK
1 night business trip Jun 26, 2015
Satyanarayana
"Simple but nice"
Although the amenities were not flash and the rooms basic, the rooms were clean and secure and had tv, air con and a clean bathroom. Perfect accommodation for a low key trip and to sleep after so much sightseeing. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and I would stay here again if I was in Mumbai.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Jacqui
"Good hotel"
Affordable hotel in a good location with helpful staff.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Nice clean hotel"
Nice clean budget Hotel. Staff very helpful. Only down side was internet access...had trouble connecting quite a bit.
2 night trip Oct 28, 2014
"Very nice hotel. Well located"
A good hotel not so expensive for Mumbai. It is also well located if you plan to visit the city.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Guillaume
"Overrated and hairy"
We were looking forward to staying here after reading all of the positive reviews. However when we arrived we found that our room was nothing like it was advertised. Cramped and damp with a tiny dated bathroom. The smallness of the room wasn't an issue in as much as the amount of hair we were finding. In the bed especially, but all over the bathroom too, it was absolutely disgusting.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
chris
"Small,bright hotel in a residential area of Mumba."
Compared to other similar priced hotels in Central Mumbai, this small and friendly place is a quiet haven near Grant Road suburban rail station. So it is easy to commute to Churchgate and commercial distict of this huge city. The room I had was large enough for me, as a single tourist and was quiet enough from street noise. However, it was near the reception area and phones /people checking in or out and general staff traffic made room 101 a bit more noisy than I wished, so ear plugs are always useful. The upstairs rooms seemed more inviting and quiet. This hotel caters more for indigenous businessmen so I only saw a few tourists here. The monsoon weather was quite debiltating for me, so I was glad to take several cold showers each day. The ceiling an was excellent and I did not use the a/c system. The shower was very good, but I had to buy some cleaning agents like bleach or harpic to get rid of some scale and mildew from behind the toilet and the base of the door. I stayed there for several days and was pleased to watch a good selection of western or middle east TV stations to keep up with the news outside India. The small restaurant at the top of the building was scrupulously clean, one of the cleanest I've experienced in India and while the menu was not extensive, the food delivered was very tasty. There is a major facelift for the facade of the building underway, but this did not bother me too much for noise or inconvenience.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Rupert
"Good value everything"
The room was great value, and the restaurant wasn't bad either. The room wasn't super clean and was a bit cold until I figured out how the air conditioning works. Everything else (ie. hot water, tv) worked fine. There is WiFi but it didn't work in my room.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
SG
V helpful staff
3 night trip with friends May 14, 2014
IN
"Best Hotel to stay in South Mumbai approachable"
Very pleasing staff,nice ambience in the gallery,clean and spacious rooms. The best thing was that we forgot some of our snacks and chocolates while checking out,the reception man was so nice that he called me next morning and was informing me about our missing items. That showed real courtsey. Thanks lot for that.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"I love Kumkum"
Rent, bra personal och tyst på natten. Det finns inte så mycket i närområdet.
3 night trip Feb 15, 2016
Alexander
SE
Wir waren dort 2 Tage und wurden herzlich empfangen. Hatten ein praktisch-kleines Zimmer zu einem guten, günstigen Preis-Leistungsverhältnis. Wir haben von hier aus gut Mumbai erkunden können.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
DE
"Rundum gut!"
Wir waren auf unserer Indienreise gleich zweimal im Hotel Kumkum. Das sehr freundliche und hilfsbereite Personal, die interessante Umgebung inmitten von Mumbai, gute, saubere Zimmer ohne viel Schnickschnack - genau was wir uns vorgestellt hatten. Und dazu noch das gute Essen im 5ten Stock! Rundum gut!
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
DE
"Dålig kommunikation"
Bokade upphämtning för flyg, när vi kom dit så hittade vi inte någon där, vi gick runt i 40 minuter tillslut tog vi egen taxi dit. Vilket innebar att vi fick betala två taxis, varav hotellets bokade var extremt dyr. De som arbetade i receptionen var trevliga, de få gånger vi var i kontakt med dem. Rummet var litet, men hade inte förväntat oss något annat för det priset. Takterassen var fylld med bygg-grejer, gick inte att sitta där. Annars var det fint där uppe. Ett bra budgethotell för backpackers. Nära till tågstationen. Jag skulle kunna boka det igen.
3 night trip with friends Dec 16, 2014
"Hotel propes"
Hotel prope, personnel simpa! Par contre si vous aimez pas l' odeur a nactaline passer votre chemin!
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
koeva 66
FR
solo para dormir y bañarse, hotel simple y muy sencillo, esta limpio pero se ve como todo en mumbai,
2 night trip Oct 20, 2014
MX
"Price worthy"
I stayed there for 16 days. Standard ok for the price. Location perfect. Max 150 rs to "all imortant" hangarounds. Bring a map cause taxidriver dont know the hotel by name. Internet solution very unstable. Log on to wifi no broblem but reaching out not safe enough. I have to by Indian SIM (rs900) to get along
2 night trip Sep 22, 2014
peter
5 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
Maitahova
CZ
Hôtel très propre, chambres très simples maisavec tout ce qu'il faut. Personnel efficace et souriant. Cuisine indienne très bonne et pas trop épicée.
3 night trip Jul 22, 2014
FR
"Très bon rapport qualité prix. Quartier vivant."
Excellent accueil'... (Nous sommes arrivés en pleine nuit!) Personnel attentif et agréable. Petite restauration sur place possible cuisinée devant vous. Nourriture fraîche et bonne. Hôtel très sympa , propre pour un petit budget. Rien à redire. Nous avons décidé d'y retourner pour la fin de notre séjour.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Marie-Jo
FR
"Hôtel accueillant, bien situé géographiqement"
Nous avons passé quatre nuits dans cet hôtel en avril 2014. La localisation de l'hôtel est commode, car l'hôtel est peu éloigné de Marine Drive, la grande promenade de Mumbai en bord de mer. Les chambres sont propres et confortables; le restaurant, qui est agrémenté d'une terrasse, procure une cuisine indienne excellente: le personnel est accueillant et serviable.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
"Bra hotell centralt"
Ett hotell som ligger bra till centralt i Mumbai med nära gångavstånd till Chowpatty beach och western railway som man kan ta sig runt i hela Mumbai med.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Markus
SE
Not a fancy schmanzy hotel, but a real decent budget hotel close to Mumbai Central. Clean rooms, helpful staff and all that, but they top it all by serving outstandingly good breakfast! On budget hotels that is quite rare from our experience. Also don't be afraid of trying their coffee, coffeelovers! It's really really good!
3 night trip Feb 17, 2014
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2014
Ashok
2 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
SUNIL
2 night romance trip Mar 21, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Kumkum

"Clean rooms and great staff"
04/25/16 dougkemp London, United Kingdom
We booked 4 nights at the beginning of April. We arrived in Mumbai at 4:30am so were very pleased the staff could accomodate us at that early time; a great start. The rooms were clean and comfortable; some of the best we've had at this price during 3 months in India. Wifi was good, bathroom always had hot water and AC and fan worked well. We didn't try the restaurant or watch TV. Staff were friendly and helpful when we asked their advice on where to go or how to get somewhere. the Hotel is a little away from the main tourist areas of Colaba and Fort but we walked to Chowpatty in the evenings and the location did help us to explore other areas of Mumbai apart from the southern tip of the peninsula. We would stay again if we returned to Mumbai - highly recommneded.
"Very friendly. Good value option. Nice food."
04/19/16 Sam P Leeds, United Kingdom
Staff were very friendly and helpful throughout (including with booking trains and helping arrange taxis). The food in the cafe was also pretty great if you don't fancy making the journey to one of the many, many restaurants located nearby. This seemed a much more authentic locale than around Colaba. If you want your pizza and french-style cafe chains then go there, but if you want to see a little more of Mumbai then this is great. Streets were busy but I got nothing but smiles and hellos if I (an obvious tourist) was noticed at all. Note that taxi drivers may get a bit confused by the address, but they'll ask around and you'll get there eventually!
"Clean rooms & friendly staff"
04/17/16 Kaspars P
We arrived in India in Mumbai and this hotel was our starting point. We didn't plan or book anything else, but just this hotel for the first night and we were very happy that we did it. The hotel staff was very helpful and helped us with currency exchange, train and plain ticket booking, gave us maps of Mumbai and helped to get Indian SIM card. The room was small, but clean, with AC and TV. The Wi-Fi was very bad though - it was not working for 1 minute and then working for 30 seconds and so on. So it worked for messaging, but not for web browsing etc. Hotels in Mumbai are very expensive, but the price could have been a bit lower.
"Excellent Accomodation ,Food and service"
04/14/16 JCGSEC Kolkata (Calcutta), India
We are in the 2nd day of our stay at Kumkum and I could not stop myself from writing a review because of the very pleasant experience here.The Hotel is very conveniently located on Lamington road opposite Minerva cinema .The rooms are neat and clean and very cosy, thought not very big in size but considering mumbai where staying is expensive, the rooms are reasonably sized. The bathrooms are very nicely built with the latest fittings .The staff is very courteous and they have a small cute kitchen on the top floor from where they provide you with a varied pure veg menu.The food preparation is extremely of top class and specially the tea i had was something that i have had not in ages.All in all, a superb experience and would highly recommend it for business travellers or families or even solo travellers.The owner, Chirag Modi is a very sweet guy and would make sure to keep his guests comfortable.Kudos to the whole team at Kumkum, keep up the great work.
"Not too impressed..."
04/10/16 bz_oaksterdam Oakland, CA
Slightly miffed by all the other raving reviews - except for the rooftop "garden", I cannot think of any other endearing or memorable features. Our room was pretty bare bones, with a wooden cabinet that reeked of mothballs, "all-in-one" bathroom that was just...barely OK, and beds with "indian" mattresses (not as hard as in some other hotels, though). Location is pretty good, especially for reaching the airport via Bandra-Worli (sp?) flyover, so there's that. Nice staff, but then, that was our experience pretty much everywhere we went. Again, nothing really bad, but wouldn't be my top choice.
"A very good budget hotel, walking distance from Grant Road and Mumbai Central train stations"
04/07/16 Charlie MCFC S Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
This is a very good hotel. The rooms are basic, but tick all the boxes - clean, quiet, air conditioned, comfortable. A bonus was an excellent window blind that kept the room dark when needed. Wi-Fi didn't reach my room but nonetheless worked well on rooftop terrace and near reception. The cafe on the top floor serves lovely food, made in front of you! The staff are amazing, they helped us out with so many travel and tourist arrangements that made our stay in India so much better! Thank you Hotel Kumkum!
"cozy decent hotel perfect for solo travellers"
03/30/16 Vtam Hong Kong
we are a group of 7 people travelling in india. we originally wanted to book 4 rooms with double beds. but when we discover that 2 single rooms charge the same as 1 double room, we go for all single rooms except for one room for 2 persons who are family members. The single rooms are tiny, but nice and cozy, with private shower. Some people may find it a bit messy coz you shower on the toilet due to limited space. But i think it is a very good offer coz the price is excellent and you got everything for a solo traveller. And even if we are a group, we want some privacy for such a long trip, we can have our own space. The rooftop restaurant is very nice, and the food taste very good. The whole hotel is very tidy and neat, "very clean" by indian standard. Overall, I think it is a very good deal and a cozy place. One thing is i prefer hot water to drink but they can't provide a kettle, so bring your own.
"Decent budget hotel"
03/28/16 Lies R Antwerp, Belgium
You get what you pay for at this hotel, the service at the front desk was really friendly, the rooms are basic but clean. Don't bother visiting the upstairs café/restaurant... It's super tiny and there are a lot nicer places to eat in Mumbai. Overall: good experience! If you're looking for a good place to sleep on a budget, you've found it!
"not excellent but not bad either"
03/20/16 Jude B
I stayed in this hotel last year with a friend because of their low prices . The only major downside to the hotel is the very small rooms. The room we stayed in was a double room but honestly the size should only cater for single occupancy but nonetheless, it wasn't really a big deal for us 2 guys. The wifi speed was decent enough and the staff is pretty nice. The location in my opinion is excellent for a budget traveller. Most of the attractions in Mumbai city are in pretty decent reach either by walking or a simple cab ride away. I had a decent stay here
"very convenient and cozy place"
03/16/16 Eco C Mumbai (Bombay), India
Comfortable stay and close proximity to landmarks of Mumbai. Conveniently located in south Mumbai. Clean Rooms and a wonderful staff.Very close to the electronic market i.e Lamington Road.Located in a Vintage Building.