All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
157 Waterloo RoadSouth Bank, LondonEnglandSE1 8XAUnited Kingdom, ‏‎855-239-9397

4.8
"Surprisingly good hotel in the heart of London"
Busy business trip made much easier by modern comfortable hotel as well as good breakfast and Indian restaurant of high caliber. Closeness to Waterloo station a major asset
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2016
Susanna
"5 star gem"
This hotel is 5 star. The best breakfast in Europe . The hotel staff was always helpfull throughout our stay. It has a very central location to the London eye. Whenever we return to London this is my new hotel.
6 night family trip Mar 15, 2016
"London Best"
It was a fantastic location and stay. First time being abroad I felt safe and protected with our choice. Highly recommend this hotel for any first time visitors to this area. A lot of things within walking distance.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2016
Jeffery
"London holiday with family"
The hotel was beautiful. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. Room was small and does not have a fridge. Breakfast was okay with a lot of choices but no changes in their food during our stay. Location was close to Waterloo station. It was also close to the London Eye.
2 night family trip Jan 6, 2016
Joel
"Great choice and value for money"
Great service, clean rooms with free wifi, good breakfast (you can even prepare a waffel on your own using the waffle machine). The only negative thing is that our room and the bed were too small for a couple.
5 night romance trip Jan 13, 2016
"Happy at Hampton"
The Hampton was in a great location across the street from Waterloo Station. My check-in took less than 3 minutes. The room was spacious and clean and had everything I needed for a comfortable stay. For the entire 10 day stay, I was always greeted with friendly staff always gracious in answering my questions. The only negative I can comment on is I wish the adjoining restaurant was not Indian food. It would have been nice to have something not so specific. The complimentary breakfast was plentiful and had a lot of choices. I would definitely stay again.
9 night trip Dec 24, 2015
Angela
"Ok hotel"
The hotel it's self wasn't bad, the staff was friendly but when we asked them to call us a taxi they did not call the nice fancy taxis company they called some random company where the man had no id shown or meter running and they did not tell us that New Years was double fair. They also said they made a reservation for us at a steak us which when we got there they did not. The room was very very small and there was no bath tub only a small shower and no plug in the bathroom. The hotel room was clean for the most part. It's in walking distance to the London eye and big been but you have to walk through a bad neighbor hood. The underground station was right up the street maybe a 5 min walk.
4 night romance trip Dec 30, 2015
Allyson
Located right by the underground. Room was clean and spacious
3 night romance trip Dec 4, 2015
Justin
"Lovely view of the London Eye"
Some of the staff seemed a bit shaky and panicky about little things, like when asking them to get me a pint at the bar, maybe they were new though. It wasn't an issue or anything but they shouldn't have to feel that way, I hope that the management isn't being too hard on them. The hotel was very clean and new looking; and breakfast was free, which is why I booked in the first place, since i'm a broke 20 year old. The breakfast was so-so, but you can't complain when it comes with the room which are priced pretty cheaply and in a very convenient location for tourist attractions around London. The Hampton was almost in the middle of things like Hyde Park and The Tower of London, plus the houses of parliament are only a walk away. There is also a very nice restaurant I'd like to give credit to, which is the Laughing Gravy, it's only a 4 minute walk away from the hotel and has very classy food for a moderate price. Around the corner is an old fashioned British pub as well. I would suggest this hotel to a lot of people not only for it's amazing location and cheap price, but because I loved it and it would be a great place for anyone who is new to traveling.
Other trip Nov 18, 2015
Serina
Modern, well appointed room with great view of nearby London Eye. Excellent breakfast. Convenient access to rail and tube but extremely limited street parking and public lot was several blocks away and fairly expensive.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2015
Ameenah
"Pleased with the Hampton by Hilton in Waterloo"
We had a fun time while visiting London. The Hampton by Hilton in Waterloo had great access to the Underground transportation, within minutes we could get to different areas of the city. Although that transportation was not always necessary because your walking distance from several London site. The Hotel was comfortable, although no room service at the time and several of the 24/7 snack items were not available regularly. All staff we encountered were very helpful and cordial. We would go back again.
4 night romance trip Oct 29, 2015
Leslie
"Nice hotel not in the best location"
Good hotel. Big rooms, modern, impecable condition. Five minutes walk from Waterloo station, but in a quiet area. No restaurants or shops around. Good services in general, free wi-fi and breakfast.
2 night trip Oct 19, 2015
Miguel
Fantastic hotel. Staff was wonderful, breakfast terrific and the location was so central to Waterloo station. Would definitely stay here again!
6 night family trip Oct 3, 2015
Bonnie
"Short stopover in Waterloo"
A clean, modern hotel close to Waterloo Station. Beds weren't King size as requested but nonetheless were comfortable. Great view of the London Eye if you get the right side of the hotel. Great Breakfast.
1 night romance trip Oct 6, 2015
Lee
The first two nights the room was extremely hot. In fact there was a fan in the room which should have been a Red Flag for us to see. We were moved into another room and it was excellent. The hotel is beautiful. Breakfast fantastic. The Restaurant in the hotel was medocre. The food did not appeal. The price you quoted we did not receive.
5 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Ann
"Very friendly hotel"
Good location near Waterloo Station. Very friendly staff. Good rooms, very clean, comfortable beds, fine shower. Very quiet. Excellent complimentary hot breakfast; also good muesli. See my more detailed review on Tripadvisor, based on a 2-week stay.
14 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
Bruno
"Nice hotel, perfectly located."
Great place to stay! Deserves more than 3 stars, but I'm sure there are rules about that.
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
"Good Hotel, Good Location, Somewhat Pricey"
I have been happy with this hotel and location. I have stayed here multiple times. It is near the Waterloo train station (which can get you to most places). WiFi and breakfast were included for me. ...although the breakfast is mediocre. The rooms have always been clean and look modern. I would stay here again. My only improvements would be a bit more reasonable price and slightly better breakfast. They also forgot to order my car for a ride to the airport. But they resolved the situation in about 10min.
3 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
Fantastic! I like the buffet full English breakfast! As well as my family!
1 night family trip Sep 2, 2015
Chan
"5 days in London"
Hotel is very busy. Breakfast was the same all 5 days absolutely no change in what was served. Fruit was canned and so was baked beans. Needed more waffle irons. Location is ok but close to Waterloo station which was very convenient. Concierge help was limited. I sent clothes yo be washed outside and they told me that since we weren't in the room when the laundry service brought the clothes back they took it back. That was wrong the clothes had not yet been returned. Created unnecessary panic. I got the impression there weren't enough front desk staff. Fine for the price.
5 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"Convenient to Waterloo station."
Check-in was quick and our room was ready when we arrived around noon. Quiet even though plenty of buses on Waterloo Road. Water pressure in shower not to good but plenty of hot water. Room was not cleaned when we got back at 3pm one day but the other 3 days were ok. Take the train from Gatwick to Waterloo (change trains at Clapham Junction) rather than to Victoria as taxi from Voctoria station was £30 plus £15 train ticket. Waterloo ticket is around £12
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
Very convenient location,next door to Old Vic Theatre (BTW High Society show at half price same day was amazing). Great amenities, Room on the small side but still comfortable. Tasty English breakfast.
4 night romance trip Aug 12, 2015
Daniela
"Overall not good valve for the money"
Thought it was overpriced, took forever to contact front desk. I tried to call before we checked in and there was no answer even though we found 3 people were at the front desk. One day they did not even bother to clean the room
4 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
james
"All good!"
This hotel was top notch. Fun lobby atmosphere; beautiful well appointed rooms; excellent free breakfast; and easy walk from Waterloo station. Very attentive staff kept all of our bags before check-in and after check-out, free of charge. I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
"Great find!!"
Beautiful, like new, clean facilities! Friendly and Competent staff. Very good breakfast. Conveniently located within easy walking distance of Waterloo Station which connects you to all of London!
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Fred
"London waterloo"
Stayed here because of price and it came with breakfast. Short walk to London eye. Not many retardants nearby like I read and the neighborhood is by the train station but never felt unsafe. Great steak restaurant by Waterloo station called "black and bleu". Delicious burger and baby backs. The hop on hop off bus was right outside hotel. Great tour!
3 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
"The staff from A to Z , were excellent and great ."
The staff and everyone in the Hotel were all Great....
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Jamil
The hotel's location was excellent as it's so close to Waterloo station. There were some sketchy people in the neighborhood but it was okay till 10pm. The breakfast was great. The staff was not available to go beyond to serve and help you which I think it may be a training matter as they all had same kind of attitude.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
Hackie
"Nice hotel but little room areas"
Staff was very nice each time I delt with them. Be prepared to use your room card each time you get in the elevator to get to the room. If you use the stairs, there is no way to get back into the hall where rooms are because there are no handles on the doors. Rooms are very small and no cloths storage except one small closet. Maybe this is the way it is in London but with 3 people in the room, it was really hard to work out of a suitcase. I would stay here again only if room was less then 200 a night. Not worth the price I paid
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Greg
"Nice hotel, close to everything"
Have spent a couple of days in London and the hotel was just what we needed: included breakfast, close to all transportation, convenient services such as Internet / printer / luggage storage. Will definitely recommend and use again.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
"Good place for vscay"
This hotel was a great location for getting to sights. Right down from Waterloo station for easy access to trains, tube and buses. Breakfast was plentiful with helpful staff.
4 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Good for a few days"
Bed was not nearly as comfortable as other Hamton Inns. No outlets in bathroom. Breakfast had lots of choices, but very busy and chaotic.
2 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
"Disappointing"
No vegetables at breakfast. A bit far from city centre.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
joe
"Nice hotel with good location"
A good hotel with a good location that worth the money.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Sergey
I stayed here with my two children for 1 week. The hotel is very new and clean. The sofa bed was big enough for 2 people and it was as comfortable as a real bed. The buffet breakfast was very good. It was crowded in late mornings on weekends, but weekdays were no problem at all. It was great to start our days of sightseeing with full tummies. The location is perfect. 5 min walk to waterloo station (underground and train). On the way you will pass by Sainsbury, Tesco and Marks and Spenser where you can buy sandwiches and drinks for lunch. There is also McDonalds and Starbucks. There is an inexpensive fish and chips takeout and a chinese takeout across the street from the hotel. There are 3 computers and a printer for guests to use for free. They provide shampoo, conditioner and body wash, but for women I would advise bringing your own as it wasn't salon quality. Overall, will highly recommend staying here.
7 night family trip May 30, 2015
alison
"Great logistical location. Smallish rooms"
My family chose to stay at this hotel primarily because of it's closeness to the Waterloo train/Tube station. Multiple subway and train lines go thru this location and make the logistics for getting around early. The hotel is very new, a year or so old. The room was small for the three of us, 2 in the queen bed and one on the pull out sofa. Little room for our luggage. The staff was great, whether maid service, front desk, or breakfast staff, everyone was friendly and very helpful. The free "English breakfast" (eggs, bacon, sausage, tater tots, baked beans, stewed tomatoes, muffins, toast, cereal, waffles, o.j., coffee machine that makes everything, and more) was the best part of the stay. London is expensive and a large breakfast saved us lots of money and time. We usually skipped lunch and ate at a pub at night. I would consider staing here again.
14 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
Lawrence
"Two satisfied guests :)"
Room was very modern in its streamlined minimalism. The room with two singles turned out to be two doubles/fulls rather than twins, so that was a nice surprise! Breakfast buffet was vast and yummy. Staff were polite and professional. My only complaint was in not having a refrigerator for leftovers, but it wasn't too big of a deal at all. I would definitely stay again and again.
3 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Very convenient to the Waterloo underground."
The beds are extremely comfortable, and it was nice to have a workout room available to start my day with exercise. Breakfast was good, and the facilities were clean and well kept. The computer work area was convenient, especially for printing out my boarding passes for my return trip. I stayed at the hotel for 8 nights, and was very happy the entire time. Very quiet and peaceful in my room.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Lois
Great stay. Good location to all sites. Room nicely appointed and the hotel staff very polite & helpful. Nice breakfast buffet in the mornings. Would definitely stay here again & recommend.
2 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
"Comfortable Hotel in a good central location"
Hotel price for London is reasonable. Location is easy to reach by walk from Waterloo station. Good breakfast at the hotel - with bread, eggs, beans, hash brown potatoes, a variety of fruits and cereals, etc. - for a short stay and it's open early at 6 am and goes up to 10 am. Staff was quite helpful in giving directions and suggesting restaurants. City bus, Underground and train services are right next to, or close by, the hotel. Attractions like the London Eye are only a short walking distance away. Only drawback is that the location doesn't have shops within walking distance.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Gopal
Really great location. Bus stops right in front of the hotel. Tube and train station 3 min walk away. Restaurants close by. Convenient stores are close by too. 10-20 min walk to Parlement, Big Ben, Westminster Abby, and London Eye. Hotel was clean. Breakfast was good, wish it had more variations because we stayed for a long time.
6 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
"Perfect location"
I had only one night in London and this was the perfect location. I could walk to the South Bank and the NT easily and Waterloo was a five-minute stroll to get to the tube. The room was spotless and the front desk people were great.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
"Disappointing staff"
Dropped luggage off at hotel at 7am straight from airport. They have breakfast included in hotel price as most Hampton inns. Wanted to just grab a cup of coffee before we started our sightseeing. They gave me a lecture how I couldn't enter the breakfast area as my stay didn't start until the 3 pm checking, but they could make us a cup at the desk. I agreed without realizing they charged me 7£ for 3 very small cups of coffee. BTW I'm a Hilton diamond member, didn't seem to mean much. The hotel is clean but the staff seemed to have a bit of an attitude the whole entire week of our stay. Don't know if it was because we are Americans or what but I truly was disappointed, I tend to stay at Hilton properties because o know what to expect, this wasn't it.
4 night trip with friends Jun 8, 2015
"Too Far"
This hotel is on the south bank by Waterloo station. We found it that everyday we were heading over to the other side of the Thames. Because the hotel is 10 minutes walk to the Waterloo station it would take 20-30 minutes to get to the other side of the river everyday. Next time we will stay closer to The Strand.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Hampton Hilton Waterloo a Good Value"
Great location, walking distance to Waterloo train and Underground station. Lovely room and great free breakfast. My only caveat is that the hotel needs a concierge or a staff member who can provide information about what's happening in London, restaurants etc. There are free magazines that list this kind of information, but the hotel did not stock them. It should.
2 night trip Jun 1, 2015
"waterloo hotel"
Great location. We were arriving via Waterloo station and could walk to hotel
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
"Better than I expected!"
Exceeded my expectations. Nice and roomy considering rooms in Europe are fairly small. The staff was so, so helpful and kind. Clean and the daily breakfast was really good, too!
4 night trip with friends May 25, 2015
Elisabeth
"Amazing!"
This was such a great hotel!!! It was so nice being close to the metro! The hotel was clean and perfect!!!!!
2 night romance trip May 26, 2015
"excelent service, excelent Front desk , and locati"
front desk 100 % service, i wish i have friends like them. Breakfast , a good rich meal, a lot of food!!location, location, even when we arrive was raining, front desk went out of the way to help us and a sure that the beautiful day will be next day... and was Beautiful.
1 night family trip May 14, 2015