All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
157 Waterloo Road, South Bank, London, England, SE1 8XA, United Kingdom, ‏‎855-239-9397

4.8
"5 days in London"
Hotel is very busy. Breakfast was the same all 5 days absolutely no change in what was served. Fruit was canned and so was baked beans. Needed more waffle irons. Location is ok but close to Waterloo station which was very convenient. Concierge help was limited. I sent clothes yo be washed outside and they told me that since we weren't in the room when the laundry service brought the clothes back they took it back. That was wrong the clothes had not yet been returned. Created unnecessary panic. I got the impression there weren't enough front desk staff. Fine for the price.
5 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Very convenient location,next door to Old Vic Theatre (BTW High Society show at half price same day was amazing). Great amenities, Room on the small side but still comfortable. Tasty English breakfast.
4 night romance trip Aug 12, 2015
Daniela
"Overall not good valve for the money"
Thought it was overpriced, took forever to contact front desk. I tried to call before we checked in and there was no answer even though we found 3 people were at the front desk. One day they did not even bother to clean the room
4 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
james
"All good!"
This hotel was top notch. Fun lobby atmosphere; beautiful well appointed rooms; excellent free breakfast; and easy walk from Waterloo station. Very attentive staff kept all of our bags before check-in and after check-out, free of charge. I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
"London waterloo"
Stayed here because of price and it came with breakfast. Short walk to London eye. Not many retardants nearby like I read and the neighborhood is by the train station but never felt unsafe. Great steak restaurant by Waterloo station called "black and bleu". Delicious burger and baby backs. The hop on hop off bus was right outside hotel. Great tour!
3 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
"Good place for vscay"
This hotel was a great location for getting to sights. Right down from Waterloo station for easy access to trains, tube and buses. Breakfast was plentiful with helpful staff.
4 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Good for a few days"
Bed was not nearly as comfortable as other Hamton Inns. No outlets in bathroom. Breakfast had lots of choices, but very busy and chaotic.
2 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
I stayed here with my two children for 1 week. The hotel is very new and clean. The sofa bed was big enough for 2 people and it was as comfortable as a real bed. The buffet breakfast was very good. It was crowded in late mornings on weekends, but weekdays were no problem at all. It was great to start our days of sightseeing with full tummies. The location is perfect. 5 min walk to waterloo station (underground and train). On the way you will pass by Sainsbury, Tesco and Marks and Spenser where you can buy sandwiches and drinks for lunch. There is also McDonalds and Starbucks. There is an inexpensive fish and chips takeout and a chinese takeout across the street from the hotel. There are 3 computers and a printer for guests to use for free. They provide shampoo, conditioner and body wash, but for women I would advise bringing your own as it wasn't salon quality. Overall, will highly recommend staying here.
7 night family trip May 30, 2015
alison
"Great logistical location. Smallish rooms"
My family chose to stay at this hotel primarily because of it's closeness to the Waterloo train/Tube station. Multiple subway and train lines go thru this location and make the logistics for getting around early. The hotel is very new, a year or so old. The room was small for the three of us, 2 in the queen bed and one on the pull out sofa. Little room for our luggage. The staff was great, whether maid service, front desk, or breakfast staff, everyone was friendly and very helpful. The free "English breakfast" (eggs, bacon, sausage, tater tots, baked beans, stewed tomatoes, muffins, toast, cereal, waffles, o.j., coffee machine that makes everything, and more) was the best part of the stay. London is expensive and a large breakfast saved us lots of money and time. We usually skipped lunch and ate at a pub at night. I would consider staing here again.
14 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
Lawrence
"Two satisfied guests :)"
Room was very modern in its streamlined minimalism. The room with two singles turned out to be two doubles/fulls rather than twins, so that was a nice surprise! Breakfast buffet was vast and yummy. Staff were polite and professional. My only complaint was in not having a refrigerator for leftovers, but it wasn't too big of a deal at all. I would definitely stay again and again.
3 night family trip May 23, 2015
Great stay. Good location to all sites. Room nicely appointed and the hotel staff very polite & helpful. Nice breakfast buffet in the mornings. Would definitely stay here again & recommend.
2 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
Really great location. Bus stops right in front of the hotel. Tube and train station 3 min walk away. Restaurants close by. Convenient stores are close by too. 10-20 min walk to Parlement, Big Ben, Westminster Abby, and London Eye. Hotel was clean. Breakfast was good, wish it had more variations because we stayed for a long time.
6 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
"Disappointing staff"
Dropped luggage off at hotel at 7am straight from airport. They have breakfast included in hotel price as most Hampton inns. Wanted to just grab a cup of coffee before we started our sightseeing. They gave me a lecture how I couldn't enter the breakfast area as my stay didn't start until the 3 pm checking, but they could make us a cup at the desk. I agreed without realizing they charged me 7£ for 3 very small cups of coffee. BTW I'm a Hilton diamond member, didn't seem to mean much. The hotel is clean but the staff seemed to have a bit of an attitude the whole entire week of our stay. Don't know if it was because we are Americans or what but I truly was disappointed, I tend to stay at Hilton properties because o know what to expect, this wasn't it.
4 night trip with friends Jun 8, 2015
"Too Far"
This hotel is on the south bank by Waterloo station. We found it that everyday we were heading over to the other side of the Thames. Because the hotel is 10 minutes walk to the Waterloo station it would take 20-30 minutes to get to the other side of the river everyday. Next time we will stay closer to The Strand.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Hampton Hilton Waterloo a Good Value"
Great location, walking distance to Waterloo train and Underground station. Lovely room and great free breakfast. My only caveat is that the hotel needs a concierge or a staff member who can provide information about what's happening in London, restaurants etc. There are free magazines that list this kind of information, but the hotel did not stock them. It should.
2 night trip Jun 1, 2015
"Better than I expected!"
Exceeded my expectations. Nice and roomy considering rooms in Europe are fairly small. The staff was so, so helpful and kind. Clean and the daily breakfast was really good, too!
4 night trip with friends May 25, 2015
Elisabeth
"Amazing!"
This was such a great hotel!!! It was so nice being close to the metro! The hotel was clean and perfect!!!!!
2 night romance trip May 26, 2015
"excelent service, excelent Front desk , and locati"
front desk 100 % service, i wish i have friends like them. Breakfast , a good rich meal, a lot of food!!location, location, even when we arrive was raining, front desk went out of the way to help us and a sure that the beautiful day will be next day... and was Beautiful.
1 night family trip May 14, 2015
luis
"Great location!"
The location was awesome and the staff were wonderful. Our room was a bit small but the bathroom was very nice. Many thanks, The Heislers
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Good stay"
We did not spend much time in our room but it was comfortable, clean and hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Close to major attractions.
1 night trip with friends May 10, 2015
Brenda
"Good value, good location, free breakfast"
5 minute walking distance from Waterloo station. Room was not large enough but clean. Free breakfast was not bad.
Other trip May 16, 2015
TK
"Very quiet, breakfast included, close to tube"
Nice experience Fish and chip place two doors down is the best!!!
Other trip May 15, 2015
waterloo nice
"MCZ"
Great place. Like location because of available transportation.
2 night romance trip May 7, 2015
McCoy C
"London in a week"
Enjoyed my stay at the hotel, the staff was very accommodating.
Other trip May 8, 2015
keviewevie
"Hidden gem near London Waterloo"
This is a great hidden gem in London-- clean, comfortable, reasonably priced and in a quiet neighborhood that is just a short walk away from Waterloo and The South Bank, the London Eye, tons of bars and restaurants and Embankment Bridge to walk over to Trafalgar Square and The West End. A refreshing change from many of the dark, dank and old fashioned London hotels I've stayed in. My room was spacious and clean with a really good shower. Appreciated the free wi-fi and included buffet style breakfast.
3 night business trip Apr 24, 2015
Love the location of this hotel. Very near the Waterloo train station. Breakfast was also very nice.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
"Hampton by Hilton at Waterloo"
This hotel was very clean, brand new rooms and a free breakfast second to none. The staff was very nice. The restaurant, Asado, a south american cuisine was excellent. The complimentary breakfast had everything you could want, fresh and plenty of staff to assist. Coffee, cappuccino, espresso, etc. I highly recommend this hotel. Central located near the Waterloo bridge which is in the heart of London.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Timmy
"Location"
Great!!! Close to all the sites. ....................................................................................................................
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
mike
"Wonderful experience!"
Wonderful 10 night stay at this newly renovated hotel! Many attractions are within walking distance along with entrance to underground and train service. The hotel stff is both welcoming and efficient! The renovations are up to date and cleanliness is an absolute with the staff! The morning breakfast is delicious and offers anything and everything you could want for breakfast. I highly recommend this Hampton Hotel!
9 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"Great Stay!"
Our trip was fantastic! The hotel was beautiful, clean and modern. The staff was very accommodating, we arrived several hours before our check-in and they quickly got us checked into a room. They gave us the option of a larger, handicap accessible room, which was huge! We had a beautiful view of the London Eye, the bed was really comfortable and the room was extremely clean. The hotel manager (female with curly hair from the Czech Republic, I can't remember her name for the life of me) - she was super sweet and gracious. She was very attentive and made us feel incredibly welcomed. She was more than happy to answer our questions and help us plan our day...great staff! The breakfast buffet was nice, lots of variety and fresh foods. Location is great, just down the street from Waterloo station and about a 15-20 minute walk from Big Ben and Westminster. The walk is really lovely too. All in all, very happy with our stay and would definitely stay here again!
4 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Debbie
"Great Hotel!!"
Great hotel, very clean and comfortable beds!! Close to London eye and waterloo station!
"A very nice place to stay."
This was our 1st visit to London and wanted to stay in a popular hotel chain because we didn't know anything about the city. We were very happy with this hotel. It's still very new, breakfast was great, and the room was very comfortable. They have a small bar on the first floor with fresh beer o tap, or any other liquor you may want. We would definitely recommend this hotel. It's with in walking distance to the Waterloo station, The Eye, and Big Ben. If you can, have a pint at the Stage Door right around the corner.
2 night romance trip Mar 18, 2015
Jesse
Great staff, great location, great value. Stay there when in London.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Rob
"Good location next to waterloo station."
Don't waste your money on an expensive soho room. This is s very modern clean hotel with free breakfast.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Bobby
"Great London hotel!"
Great hotel in a good location! I would recommend this hotel. Large & tasty breakfast. All the staff were very friendly and efficient. Loved it!
3 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
"Great location, spacious room!"
Hotel was short walk from London Eye, staff was very friendly and lots of places to eat and drink close to hotel!
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"Great Location if on the move"
Great location 5 minute walk to Waterloo, 10 min to London Eye, 15 min to Big Ben and all at a reasonable price for the area.
3 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
"Great London hotel"
This is such a great hotel for the money. Everything is clean and updated. The breakfast was amazing and the restaurant is great for dinner. The location is close to the Waterloo station and in a quiet area. Would definitely stay again.
3 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"a good deal."
excellent location, friendly staff, good breakfast, and reasonably spacious in room.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
marklaseve
"Convenient location, comfortable setting"
The hotel is about two blocks from Waterloo train station (Southwest rail line service to places such as Guildford, Woking, Portsmouth Harbor, etc.), and the Waterloo underground (tube, subway) station, plus there are several bus stops nearby. Thus, it is very convenient to public bus/subway and regional train transport. Walking distance to the London Eye. Some restaurants and shops nearby, although you may prefer to go elsewhere for dinner. The included hotel breakfast is really good - lots of great food available. The room was clean and comfortable. Internet service was good.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"I'd stay here again"
has a great stay and close to the tube made getting around easy
5 night trip Mar 3, 2015
"great experience in London while staying"
great place to go to London downtown and every where in the center of London
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"Perfect Hotel!"
It was my first time traveling to London. The hotel was very close to the Waterloo station and is walking distance to the London Eye and from the tour buses that go around London and Westminster. There is a convenience store outside and bus stop. Breakfast was awesome. Hotel condition is perfect. Staff was great. Overall great experience. would recommend it to everyone!
2 night trip Feb 14, 2015
Darleine
"Nice place, good breakfast"
We only stayed the one night because we just got back from Paris and flew the next day. the only downer I can think of is no complimentary water in the room. We are kind of spoiled by that since we travel around alot and that is usually provided. Other than that the bed is very comfy.
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
David c
"Only place I will stay in London"
This is the only place I will stay in London. It is located in the middle of everything and walking distance to the Waterloo train/tube station. This is my second stay this year and plan to be there many more times in the future.
3 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
"Nice American-style hotel near Waterloo Station"
One of the best Hampton Inns I've stayed at. Good breakfast. Like new rooms. Spacious for London.
4 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
"Nice hotel, bad neighborhood."
Hotel is a short walk from Waterloo station. Nothing else of interest or tourist convenience in neighborhood; Nice hotel is surrounded with apartment buildings that look the "the Projects" here in the US. Across the street is a central ambulance dispatch. There is a TraveLodge in the neighborhood also, and it looked nicer than the Hampton, surprisingly. Breakfast was ok, but no variety. Restaurant on site was Indian or Pakastani (I didn't recognize the menu choices.) I would probably consider staying there again if it were in another neighborhood.
11 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
Randy
Fantastic location and beautiful hotel
1 night trip Jan 14, 2015
"nice place"
Very nice. Would do it again.
2 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
"Good value need better breakfast"
Nice rooms little small . Breakfast is too crowded and not too much to choose from . Good location close to the tube.
5 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015