All hotels in Flagstaff, Arizona, United States of America
100 N San Francisco, Flagstaff, AZ, 86001, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Enjoyed the history of the hotel
1 night business trip Jul 16, 2015
Renee
Loud, old place, dirty carpet, no parking..would never stay here again!
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Rosa
Nice old hotel in the heart of Flagstaff. Great bar. Parking was a nightmare.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Neutral"
Other than the historic value the hotel lacked in many ways. The desk staff needs some customer service training. The rooms are small and cramped. The bathroom sink is smaller than an airplane sink. Trying to find parking is difficult. On the plus side there are plenty of stores and eateries all within walking distance.
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Hotel location is perfect for the Flagstaff experience. The room was ok. Bed was comfortable. Not amenities that I have come to expect. No iron/ ironing board. No soap, shampoo lotion etc.
1 night business trip Jul 9, 2015
Stephen
"Good vintage hotel"
Cool place in a great town. Good atmosphere for young fun people.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Will
The employees at the front desk seem very dis-interested in guest service.
2 night business trip Jul 7, 2015
"will stay here again"
Very nice stay. Right in the heart of downtown, walked everywhere.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
The Hotel Monte Vista is located centrally downtown which makes it a great place to stay. It's historic and the rooms reflect that. The room was adequate I won't call it luxurious or exceptionally comfy but we were fine for a couple nights. I love the Rendevous coffee and drink bar, and being able to park my car and walk the entire stay. I booked my room on hotels.com and when we arrived they didn't have the reservation correct and did not acknowledge the prepayment I made on line - which I was sure I paid and when I got home verified, but so far my bank statement is not reflecting an overcharge.
2 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Laurel
"Wonderful Surprise"
Great old World ambience. Friendly staff and bars /lounges that are hopping with friendly staff and locals, Charmingly located in the heart of old downtown with cafés, shops and restaurants all around. Very reasonably priced.
1 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
Ron
"Great old hotel with character and charm."
Great old hotel with character and charm... and a convenient bar downstairs. parking is in an outdoor lot next door.
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
joshua
"Wonderful historic hotel"
We loved that each room was decorated with the flavor of a different star. Ours was the Freddy Mercury room. It was a great historic hotel in the downtown historic district.
1 night romance trip Jun 16, 2015
"Good hotel, great location."
We wanted to stay in old town Flagstaff for a short getaway from the heat further south. We were not disappointed in the Hotel Monte Vista. The location is perfect, as it is in the center of the old town historic district. Most of what we wanted to see and do in Flagstaff was within walking distance of the hotel. It is an old hotel upgraded to almost modern standards. The toilet and shower share a small room, and a free-standing sink is in the sleeping area, an arrangement not uncommon when the hotel was build. We found the hotel to be quaint, comfortable and clean. We will stay there again if we decide to escape another time to Flagstaff.
2 night romance trip Jun 16, 2015
"Horrid"
Hotel was reportedly quaint but I would consider it out-dated. No outlets for computer, air conditioning was an old swamp cooler in the window, carpets were dirty and furniture rickety... I had to string my computer cord from the sink outlet and worried about the phone dropping into water... Internet was poor when I did finally get service. Party going on in the bar until 3 am so I had little to no sleep and no amenities at all... Over all not a good experience, I wouldn't recommend nor go back!.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2015
Dawn
"A fun place to stay, but with a few issues."
Hotel was fun, bed was very, very nice, view was excellent with great windows. On the other hand, many standard amenities were lacking: no coffee maker, no breakfast, no desk, and the bar in the basement was loud on the fourth floor. The room was kept very clean, but the maid did use some kind of fragrant spray that was a bit much.
4 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Alexander
"Monte Vista Flagstaff"
Our stay at the Monte Vista was fun and we enjoyed the downtown Flagstaff area. The hotel is very cool if you love historic places and they have done some great renovations, especially downstairs in the restaurant area. The room we stayed in was very small, outdated, and lacked in the cleanliness department. Once you get past that aspect of staying in an older facility, you're up for a great time.
1 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
Stacia
"Quick getaway to Monte Vista"
The hotel is in a fantastic location! Comfortable rooms that are unique and interesting. Would definitely stay there again!
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
Valerie
"Best of Downtown Flag"
Why would you want to stay out on 89 south of town when you can be within walking distance of all the shops, bars, cafes, and brewpubs Flagstaff has to offer? Sure, it's an old hotel, and some rooms can possibly be noisy, and the front desk staff can be students who need to work on their public persona, but to be so close to the historic old town (and have a cafe/bar in the lobby) is a worthy trade-off.
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"Funny little events overnite"
Nice room, &, although the shower was tiny, it was nice to have it in the room. Great location near many restaurants. It was May 4th so the lounge was consumed with StarWars so that was an interesting crowd. After retiring for the night, we heard a loud bang followed by other noises. Turns out it was the plastic stop on the window to keep it from opening too far.
1 night romance trip May 4, 2015
"Trip For NAU Graduation"
Always have wanted to stay at the Monte Vista, and was glad that I did. Was there for a friend's graduation from NAU and being at the center of all the downtown activity was great. Parking was a challenge, but was able to move my vehicle closer to the hotel before turning in. Vintage hotel with polite staff and nice accommodations.
1 night trip with friends May 7, 2015
Christopher
"Monte Vista could use a little love"
It's an old historic hotel, but it could be in better shape. Still charming. Rooms tiny, baths far from updated. They could put some money into it and charge more. The location is right downtown, and can have some noise, but it's in the heart and near all the nightlife. Cute bar downstairs.
1 night family trip May 3, 2015
jill
The Monte Vista is located right downtown..great location. This is a great historic hotel. Stayed in the Freddie Mercury room!
1 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
DOUG
"Fun stay in the historic district"
First trip to Flagstaff and wanted to stay in the historic area and walk around to everything. Very nicely renovated. Comfortable beds with great pillows. The bathroom was tiny but this is a historic inn. Nice bar/café in lobby. And close to shops and food. A bit loud on the street in the middle of the night but the hotel can't control that.
2 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2015
Tracy
"Good location, comfortable room,"
We had a nice stay at this hotel. We could walk to so many great restaurants and shops! The hotel history is fun too.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Serg
"Check in problems"
Reservation was changed to my wife's name through Hotels.com. desk clerk would not check her in. She had to pay for another room then hotel is to reimburse me. I have done this in the past with no problem.
1 night business trip Apr 8, 2015
Stanley
"good times"
We had a great time in this updated vintage hotel.
2 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
Clarke
"Funky little hotel great location."
Historic hotel so rooms were of course old, but comfy. Tiny but functional bathroom. Perfect location.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Not the full Monte!"
A well located hotel in Flagstaff, trying to be boutique but falling well short, very small bed an even smaller room. Hotel staff need a major service training refresher as its pretty much non existent. Stayed in better budget motels, my advice save your money and stay in a la Quinta or similar.
1 night romance trip Mar 30, 2015
Tass
"Quaint"
I have always wanted to stay here. The rooms were a little quirky but very clean. We left on AMTRAK very early the following morning. They recommended us to a very nice restaurant all organic. I loved this hotel and all the people working there.
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
Kenneth
"In town"
Although this location was wonderful for walking around town, it was extremely noisy at night.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Average stay"
A downtown "funky" hotel. Loved the coffee bar downstairs. Front desk staff was rude and disrespectful. Probably will not return due to poor service and average room.
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
"Great location just loud"
Cute place great location but loud at night. You can here people on the street if you are in a room facing the street.
1 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
audrey
"Terrible"
We stayed here for 1 night after a road trip to the Grand Canyon. Poor service at check in. Wifi didn't work when we first arrived and was very spotty the next morning, when we commented on this at check out we were told that this was a "free service" and that we weren't necessarily entitled to it, also that the manager was the only person that could fix it and that he did not work weekends (we were there on a Monday night...). The carpets were not clean in our room, all of the walls were significantly scuffed and dented. Not to mention that the room was extremely small (which we had expected to an extent and could have dealt with had the room been clean). There was hair in the bedsheets that was not ours. The heat had been left on during the day so the room was extremely hot, opening the windows left us with extreme noise from the street. Noise from the bar downstairs was heard until about 2:30 am even with the windows closed. When we tried to express some of these issues at check out, the attendant was too busy on the phone to take time to hear us out, then proceeded to brush off any issues we had as nothing. Location is convenenient but other than that this place has nothing going for it and I would most definitely not recommend it to anyone.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Spidunc
"Decent for an overnight stay"
Cool atmosphere, decent room and great location. Bathroom smelled of bleach (very strong), so at least we knew it was clean. Took a few minutes to get the front desk clerk's attention to check in but she was at least pretty nice. Had to go down to the lobby to get ice which was odd, but overall, for staying only one night for a concert, it was good. Slightly overpriced, but it was nice to be close enough to be able to walk to the venue.
1 night trip with friends Jan 27, 2015
"meh"
Room had no covering on the bathroom window. If you are looking for modern comforts look elsewhere. Bed was a spring mattress that was very uncomfortable.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Monte Vista"
Was okay for a one night stay. Had hair with our towels & on the pillows. Phone did not work either.
1 night trip with friends Dec 21, 2014
"Cool Hotel"
This hotel is historic and cool. Most of the rooms are different and are named after famous people. We got the Siouxsie Sioux room which was spacious with shaggy carpet and dark, goth-inspired draperies and bed linens. The bathroom only had a jetted tub, no shower. This was not a huge deal to me, but could be for others. The hotel is a little loud since it's located near many bars and venues. This didn't bother me, but it's something to consider. The front desk clerk was less than friendly, but she got the job done and we checked in with ease. There is a bar and coffee shop on-site and would be a great place to hang out. We were so tired after traveling all day that we went to dinner and then went to sleep.
1 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
Rachael
The walls are quite thin; we spent a good part of the night and next morning listening to our neighbors. Otherwise, the hotel is clean and fairly nice for an old hotel.
1 night trip with friends Jan 4, 2015
"Great location and nice other than a bad shower"
We came up to enjoy the snow and some sledding. This hotel's location is idea as it's within walking distance to many restaurants and bars. The hotel is in good shape and quite quaint. It is an old school hotel though and some things were a bit odd. the shower is the one stand out disappointment. Very small and the water pressure was terrible. It reminded us of the shower Will Ferrell takes in the movie Elf. Otherwise, the beds are rather soft and comfortable and the room was just fine. Parking was a PITA but we expected that and that's always true of a downtown hotel.
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
"A huge noisy dissapointment."
I was in the hotel for less than 12 hours. I chose it for its location relative to the train station. It was a really cute hotel. The room was tiny but I expected that because of the age. There is a bar and restaurant on the main floor, which is also where you get your ice. I would not suggest this hotel if you are planning to actually sleep there. If you want to party till 2 am then pass out in your room this is the place. I could hear all the street noise,,hotel guests, and drunken bar patrons until just after 2 when it finally quieted down. The worst was when at 2:02 some guy starts knocking on my door. I had just heard him tell someone else not to open the emergency exit to smoke and then felt the need to tell me too. Folks I had been locked in my non-smoking room since 6pm and trying to sleep since 9. I was angry. I refused to open the door. When I left the hotel at 5:45 I asked the clerk if he was the one who knocked on my door he seemed shocked then told me it was probably one of the bouncers from the bar! I would not stay at this hotel again, ever!
1 night trip Jan 1, 2015
"charming but NOISEY!!"
The room was comfortable. They are smaller rooms with a small bathroom. I did find it odd that the shower was in the room but it is a older hotel and the bathroom was probably added later. The room did not have room darkening curtains.(This would be a cheap fix) The problem I did have with the hotel is the room we were given was the first door on the 2nd floor. The first floor is made up of several bars with LOUD music. The music was so loud until 2 am that we couldn't sleep at all. It was a great location but if I ever went back, I would ask for a higher floor away from the stairs.
2 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Trina
"Excellent location"
We loved the location of the room and atmosphere of the hotel. Room was much more spacious than I thought.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Christy
"Fun, funky hotel in downtown Flagstaff"
Absolutely love the hotel, it is charming and fun! There are many themed rooms, though we didn't stay in one we enjoyed seeing the names of famous people who had stayed there. The room is tiny, tiny! It just encourages you to explore more of Flagstaff and maybe hang out in the bar downstairs. Very fun vibe in the lounge, there is karaoke and pool tables. Cheap drinks, too! I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends.
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
Christina
"Historic hotel."
Charming hotel. In the middle of everything. Night life. Friendly staff. Histories about haunted rooms enjoyed by young member of family.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Marrero
"Great Location in Flagstaff"
I love downtown Flagstaff. It was a wonderful old Hotel. I think there are few things that can be improved on but for the price and location can't beat it. Love the Monte V
3 night trip Dec 23, 2014
"No mirror in the room and bathroom?"
Room is not comfortable at all. Pillows very old and pillow cases &sheets look very old. I wonder if they been changed? I could hear all the noises from the other rooms. Room does not have any mirror. There is the tiny one in the bathroom - I could barely see my face.
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
The front desk staff were rude during check in. They did not have information we needed for parking if their lot (only have 25 spaces). The room was not very nice.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Bergie
"Fail"
Couldn't connect to the free wifi at all; it kept saying 'wrong password', and the front desk's only solution was a paper that said to contact my device's manufacturer. Not enough free parking; had to pay $10 to park overnight in the underground lot across the street. Several pieces of trash on floor in room. Gross metal blinds. Seriously unattractive tub/shower. Soo much noise everywhere. This stay was maybe worth half of what I paid.
1 night trip Dec 11, 2014
"Exactly as expected."
My stay was as expected. I assumed as an older hotel it would be less modern but more charming, and it was. My room was relatively small and the bathroom was cramped. But the best part was the location. It was in the heart of downtown and a short walk to NAU. For the price, you can't beat the location and charm.
1 night family trip Dec 11, 2014
"Love this hotel"
Love this hotel! Best place to stay in Flagstaff. So much history and character. Easy to walk all over downtown. Definitely go!
Other trip Nov 25, 2014