All hotels in Paris, France
22 Rue Ste Croix Bretonnerie, Paris, Paris, 75004, France, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice hotel in a wonderful location....."
The location of this hotel was perfect...so many restaurants, shops, cafes and bars. The only issue I have with the hotel was there wasn't any A/C. I was there in August 2015 and had to sleep with the window open with the small fan on and tend to have noise from the street. But overall, I would stay at this hotel again. Very clean and the staff was incredible helpful.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2015
"Paris getaway"
Great location, but a noisey at night
4 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
"Charming but not when it's hot"
Small room, not easy to fit large suitcases, no AC so don't stay there in the Summer...
5 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Dominique
Perfect
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Marc
It's a 2 star hotel in a 5 star location. If you are looking for the Ritz, this is not your hotel. However if you don't really mind overlooking a few things to be in a great spot, and you need a place that sleeps 4 in one room like we did, I recommend this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The surrounding shopping and restaurants are fantastic. It's very easy to get around on foot and it's only a few minutes walk from a bunch of Metro entries. We did not eat at the restaurant, but did get some pastries from the front desk once, which if it's any indication of the food there, they were great. Overall, I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5 but since I can't, I'll round up as we loved the area.
4 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
"Neighborhood Hotel"
The hotel is located in the center of Marais District and made walking to most of the major tourist attractions easy and enjoyable. This was my first time to Paris and i couldn't have asked for a better location.
Other trip May 24, 2015
Rob
"Average hotel in the Marais area"
We stayed in the Bretonnerie Hotel for 6 nights in April 2015. We stayed in Room 12 for the first 3 nights. The carpet was old and stained, and there were large areas of black mold on the brick grouting on the bathtub wall. We complained on the second day but there were no other rooms available the second night so we were moved to Room 14 from the fourth night onwards. This second room had new carpet, and marble tiles in the bathroom wall. It was still very small but at least it did not have mold on the bathtub wall. On the last evening we were at the hotel, we asked the front desk receptionist to call for a taxi to take us to the airport. At 7:30 am the next morning, a sketchy person pretending to be the taxi driver came into the hotel lobby and told the front receptionist that he was our driver. After the "taxi driver" spoke to the hotel receptionist, the receptionist told us that it was okay to go with this "driver". The receptionist told us that reason the taxi was parked a block away was because the road in front of the hotel was blocked. Half way up the block, this driver told us that it would cost us Euro 180 for the trip and that we had to pay him Euro 50 on the spot. We quickly snatched our luggage back and walked back to the hotel, this time asking that we wanted a taxi with official lights on the top of the taxi. Since we didn't speak French, we didn't ask the receptionist why he told us to follow this "taxi driver". It was the weirdest experience we have ever had
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
World Traveller
"Room for 3"
Great value. We wanted a suite with 2 bedrooms and this was perfect. Very clean. Friendly, helpful staff. Decent Wifi.
4 night family trip Dec 16, 2014
"Historical"
I have been staying at this hotel for 25 years. It is typical french 3 star in a spectacular location--the latter making it worthwhile. Rooms are all individual and well decorated in the old tradition--nothing new or glittery--Staff is helpful---housekeeping B-.....but LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION=A+....very short walk to #1 METRO Line with its connections to all of Paris.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Great location in the Marais."
Totally satisfied with the hotel and staff. The only negative was not enough electrical outlets. In order to plug in the fan (not air-conditioned) one has to unplug the electric light on the desk. In order to charge lap-top or other appliance one had to unplug a bedside lamp.
2 night romance trip Sep 2, 2014
Hayden Kaden
"perfect location"
Stay was excellent. As an american I am used to French telephone showers, but perhaps they can improve that for american expectationThe young women at the desk was charming and helpful.
5 night trip with friends Sep 10, 2014
Harriet
"Nice small hotel in the Marais"
Lobby with lots of character and a very friendly and helpful staff. Building is old and rooms are small, but overall a good value for the price. No air-conditioning, but they provided a fan and windows open for a nice breeze. The area is lively with lots of restaurants, bars, and shops.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
"Very pleased"
The building was beautiful, great room for our small family of four. Colorful neighborhood close to Notre Dame and Centre Pompidou. Overall a great experience and very reasonable price.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Brent
"Great place in Marais"
A very nice stay. All the hotel staff were helpful. Hotel is clean and decorated in comfortable French style. Good location in Marais, close to sights, cafes, shopping and bars. Nice views of Marais from the hotel room and nice sized rooms. I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again. However, the hotel may not be for all. It is not air-conditioned which could be a problem for some. We were comfortable in the room with the windows open but the weather was not too hot outside. The hotel is on a street with a couple of bars so the noise at night can be loud if you sleep with the window open. Again, this was not a problem for us. The Wifi did not work in the room which was a problem for some guest but the hotel has a computer in the lobby that is easily accessible. Security could be an issue. Twice we were given keys to the wrong room..not sure if they knew we were guest at the hotel or not.
4 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Charming place. Very helpful and friendly staff. Will definitely return and recommend to friends.
2 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
A great little hotel in a great part of Paris. Old, but awesomely renovated and styled rooms.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
Max
"Nice hotel in a great location."
Nice and beautiful hotel in Le Marais with friendly courteous staff. As a tourist this location was very convenient, and the metro was a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Lots of shops, cafes and restaurants in Marais, and an easy walk to Notre Dame, Hôtel de Ville, and other sights. My only complaint is that in the morning when it was time to leave to catch a flight, no one was at the front desk and the front door was locked. Luckily I had completed checkout procedures the night before, and found a side door to exit through. Otherwise it could have been a real problem. Also, no air conditioning, but their was a quite fan in the room that was adequate even on a hot July evening.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
AZ_Andy
"Great hotel in vibrant district!"
The hotel was great and just what we needed as a family of four willing to walk to many of the awesome sites Paris has to offer. We stayed in the room (#17) that sleeps four. The beds were comfortable and thankfully the staff had provided two electric fans because the weather was quite hot (high 80's, low 90's) and it really helped us be more comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that the tub did not drain well but that is of little consequence.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
"Great service - hotel has lots of character"
The hotel was very nice - the staff were extremely accommodating, the room was huge, and the bed very comfortable. Our suite provided a separate alcove area for our son, and it easily could have accommodated a family with two kids. The furnishings were slightly old, but that added to the old world feel. However, I noticed some mold spots on the silk fabric walls which should probably be cleaned or repaired. Additionally, the machine that assigns guests a code for the wifi in their rooms was broken while we were there, so we were able to use the wifi in the lobby area only.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Great location, solid hotel; I'd stay there again"
My wife, two daughters (ages 10 and 12) and I had one night in Paris and wanted to make the most of it. I found this place on hotels.com and since the ratings were good, they seemed to accommodate families well, and I was familiar with the great location, I thought I'd give it a try. From the moment I entered to our departure, my wishes were fulfilled. The staff was very helpful. The "junior suite" room was clean, tastefully decorated, comfortable, and of good size with a double bed for me and my wife and then two small twin-ish type beds in a connecting room (with double doors that we could close if we wanted privacy) for the kids. Our room was #35. It has windows on a nice courtyard and it was nice and quiet, which can be a challenge in the marais. Tons of great restaurants, bars, and cafes nearby and good walkability to metro and paris attractions. The pricing is always hard to swallow in paris but it was pretty good for paris.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Good location but amenities are minimal. Rooms are way too small and lack if ac can be little uncomfortable on very hot days. Location is great for exploring paris
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Great location - 10 minute stroll to Notre Dame"
Very old, lovingly restored hotel in great location. Service was very helpful. My only complaint was there was not an electrical plug in close to the bed and I use a CPAP. For a several hundred year old building, this is not unusual and the staff rounded up an extension cord. As in most old buildings, the room was small. But we were very close to fantastic food - check out the best falafels in Paris 3 blocks away at L'As Du Fallafel. Also, Italian gelato is a block away at Amarino. Notre Dame and the Louvre are easy walking distance away and the metro entrance is about 3 blocks.
2 night trip Jun 8, 2014
keith
"Good location!"
Stayed in these hotel for3 nights recently. Staff at front desk pleasant and helpful. Location of the hotel very convenient to the Metro, Restaurants, and shopping. Walking distance to the Louvre, Notre Dame, Bastille.Breakfast offered enough variety - Croissants, meat , cheese and eggs on request, cereal,fresh squeezed OJ. Room is average for Paris..Clean and comfortable.Great shower! Carpeting could use some freshening up.Overall, a good value for comfort and location.
3 night trip May 25, 2014
Tuscangal66
"Great location with suitable rooms"
Great location for sightseeing, shopping, restaurants and endless pastry shops. Short distance to Hotel de Ville, Notre Dame, Lock bridge and many more. Very "vibrant" local scene. Hotel is nice, a bit dated and rooms don't have air but mine had large opening windows and a fan.
Other trip May 27, 2014
concordnc
"GREAT Location, NO AC"
Delightful, small hotel in heart of Marsais. The staff was very helpful and welcoming. Breakfast included with room included fresh squeezed (in front of you!) orange juice, great baked goods and options for hot foods. Room was quirky and generously sized. Bathroom had toilet, bidet, sink and tub (with hand shower). As long as it isn't hot out, I'd give this high marks. However, the hotel does not have air conditioning and that would be a MAJOR problem during the summer months. If you're there in spring, fall or winter, I'd highly recommend!
Other trip May 1, 2014
Gersh
"Re-visit after many years"
My wife and I stayed here over 20 years ago on our first visit to Paris. We found it then romantic and full of character, in the heart of the trendy Marais. By chance we were able to stay here again, this time with our two children (on their first visit to Paris). We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Little seems to have changed, and if anything this charming small historic hotel has updated sensibly while maintaining its character. We did not require a lot of help or advice, or special services. Yet the desk staff was unfailingly polite and offered help on several occasions. The area stays up late and can be lively and crowded, but our room was a quiet refuge when we needed peace. For anyone with a basic familiarity with Paris who enjoys this central location we would recommend this hotel. Rates were more than competitive, and I've stayed in many more expensive hotels which were not up to this level. All around I recommend this hotel with highest marks.
3 night family trip Apr 19, 2014
KE
"Very friendly"
I think by Hotel.com it should be a 2 star hotel. There is no restaurant but, very friendly clean service. The room was small. It was st. Patrick's Day and there was loud noises from the street. It's location is good...restaurants, shops and a short walk from the subway. I liked it.
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2014
Carl

"Perfect weekend break"
We've just got back from a wonderful weekend in Paris. The hotel was a great base for exploring the city and within easy reach of many interesting sites. I am disabled and the location was great for me as walking in this area was safe and easy. The hotel was clean and beautifully decorated, staff were friendly and helpful and having a lift was very useful for me. Lots of local cafes meant there was always somewhere to eat and drink. Close to Metro, buses and river so great for transport around the city.
4 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Paula
"Good hotel in a nice area"
The area is spot on and the hotel is easy to get to from hotel de ville metro station. The hotel itself is clean and quaint. We stayed in a junior suite as there were three of us friends staying and it was a lovely room with a huge bathroom ideal for us. We did. It get breakfast at the hotel as we wanted to try the patisseries and there are plenty to choose from. Also we did not ask for any help so cannot comment on how helpful the staff were. Staff were however very efficient in my opinion as everything ran smoothly for our stay and we had no complaints at all. I would definitely recommend and use this hotel again.
2 night trip with friends May 29, 2015
Denise
"Early May in Le Marais, PARIS"
PROS - Great little Hotel LeBretonniere, only 10 euro taxi from Le Gare Nord. Comfortable and clean room for three. Lobby was spacious for sitting and breakfast in the cave was excellent (coffee and fresh orange juice). Staff was good to assist with booking transportation. Short 10-15 minute walk to Notre Dame. CONS - Only two small ones. Booked room for three, for three single beds but got a queen and one single. Front desk said sorry nothing else. Weather was cool, but if it heats up, the room has no air-conditioning and could get stuffy and hot. Shower has not hook on the wall for shower head.
Other trip May 13, 2015
"Great location but not recommended."
Rooms need updating and some of the staff are less than helpful. Rooms on the street can be very noisy late at night.
1 night romance trip Apr 22, 2015
"Lovely charming hotel"
Comfortable hotel and room lovely in heart of Marias area. I would stay again
3 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
Tracey
"Cute little hotel right in the middle of it all"
Quaint and perfectly located. Staff were lovely, and very forgiving of rusty French conversation. The room was simple but perfectly adequate for pit stops between museums and endless brunches. Great spot in the Marais with lots of places to explore within minutes. If you want an ultra-modern soulless place, this is not for you. We stayed up in the rafters and had breakfast down in the cave.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Miss B
"Great!"
Great little hotel, we had an inner room that was quiet, compact and nicely finished with a very well appointed mini bar! The TV had no remote and only French TV but it helps with learning the lingo . The breakfast was very good the staff were all very amenable. A major bonus is the fantastic location in the Marais just north of the Seine that is great for restaurants and bars with some of the majoor museums and good shopping all in easy walking distance.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
johnnie
"Good hotel, great location"
Great hotel, well located in the most interesting part of Paris. It was winter but the room was warm and cosy. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
3 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
Hotel was wonderful and we will always recommend this hotel to friends
3 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
Anna
"Nice hotel perfect location"
We stayed here for two nights and loved it. The staff were helpful with all our needs. With in walking distance of notre dame and louvre. Defiantly recommend!
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Loch
"Central hotel"
Clean rooms, friendly staff, good location. 2 rooms connected for family set ups.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
"Lovely little stay"
Clean, cute room, perfect for our 2 night stay - didn't do much but sleep there - which was great even considering the busy area on a Friday/Saturday. Asked for a street view and got it - would avoid this if you're a light sleeper or need the window open at night. Couldn't get the Wifi working, but then again, didn't ask anyone because I really didn't need it! Friendly staff - didn't take the 10 euro breakfast because there is a cute shop down the street with good coffee and freshly baked croissants!
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Ally
"Decent choice for a city trip"
To put things into perspective: this is Paris. Central Paris. 95% of the buildings are old and most apartments (and hotels) are tiny. Having said those things, Hôtel de la Bretonnerie is a decent establishment with lovely staff. The location is great, less than 15mins walk from the Notre Dame, in a lively, safe neighborhood with many cafes and restaurants. The room was small but good enough for a short stay (we stayed there one night) with a nice renovated bathroom and a decent bed. The hotel is not value for money. I consider the price on the expensive side for what the hotel offers but again: this is Paris. The one thing I didn't like was when they gave me the keys to go leave my luggage in the baggagerie on my own. If the let me I am sure they do the same with other people so who guarantees the safety of our luggage? I think I would look for another hotel next time but overall I found the hotel acceptable.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
MM
"Great location, fantastic service."
All in all our stay was excellent. The hotel is in a very good central location with only one possible downside (depending on your preferences) - it's in the predominately Gay area of the city. We (a couple with a teenager) had no issues with this and everyone seemed very friendly. The ONLY thing missing from the hotel room was air-conditioning (but it was very hot weather). Location for sightseeing is excellent and the very helpful staff made our stay everything we could have wished for.
3 night trip Jul 30, 2014
J, F & B
"Great location, Great Staff."
Great location, Great Staff. In La Marais, quaint and authentic. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Will stay again.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Great Neighborhood Hotel"
Great Neighborhood Hotel.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Canopy bed, ok mattress. Small room that was a little stuffy without the window open. Good size bathroom counter. Bathtub with shower. Lots of nice restaurants and cafés very near by. Seemed like a nice neighborhood.
2 night trip May 27, 2014
"A magical stay!"
The location of the hotel is perfect, near the Metro and 5 minutes walk from Notre Dame. Despite the central location, the surrounds were serene and calm. The staff were charming, welcoming and extremely helpful. The room was compact but very comfortable and immaculately clean. We would not hesitate to return and plan to do so as soon as we can, we really lucked out and could not recommend the place strongly enough!
2 night trip May 29, 2014
Teacherman
"Location, not luxury"
Wonderful location in central Paris, easy walk to locations such as Notre Dame, Picasso Museum, Pompidou Centre. My room fronted the street and I could hear people outside a nearby resto-bar, but it wasn't too bad. Room decor definitely needs an update, but you are in Paris, so shouldn't be spending that much time in the room anyway!
Other trip May 22, 2014
Ruthie
"Perfect place for a couple"
Small rooms, but clean and cozy. In the middle of Marais neighborhood and 15 min walk from Notre Dame, it has a perfect location.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Ionut
"Very French"
Hotel was ok, staff very helpful/friendly & very clean. Rooms are v small, some with baths not showers. Breakfast great in the wine cellar. Free wifi which is great.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
SJ

Todo esta muy bien, el restaurante para desayunar es muy bonito, la zona no me gusto tanto, pero esta bien.
3 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
MX
"Attention en cas de grosse chaleur"
Bon service, mais pas de climatisation dans la chambre "charme" retenue et plus de 35° à Paris ! Sinon très bien.
2 night business trip Aug 11, 2015