All hotels in Tokyo, Japan

• 1.0
    Bad internet service
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Good location. Value for money
1 night family trip Aug 24, 2015
Kwai chun
HK
"Alles.ok"
Im großen und ganzen passts voll... man muss sich aber klar sein, dass man quasi allein ein Jugendherbergen Zimmer hat
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
DE

TripAdvisor reviews for Tokyo Ueno Youth Hostel

"Good Budget Accommodation in great location"
04/09/16 mcinerneycindy Hakone-machi, Japan
If you want to save on accommodation costs but still be in a fantastic location, this is the place to stay! Right near Akihabara shopping area, close to train station. Basic bedding and amentities, but for what you pay...... Sheets very clean, bedcovers not so. Window no opening, so it gets a bit stifling in the room overnight. Bathroom extreme end of teeny-tiny😳
"Great place but uncomfortable beds"
04/05/16 Kathi O Vienna, Austria
I really liked staying at this hostel because the staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms clean, there was a nice room to hang out and the location was quite good (close to several subways, lots of restaurants and a beautiful park). However, I found the beds very uncomfortable (extremely thin mattresses), but it is ok for a couple of nights. They even offer to give you some extra ones at the reception, but for me, even 5 of these thin mattresses on top of each other did not make much of a difference... Still, I would come back here in a heartbeat (and not just because I fell completely in love with Tokyo).
"Clean and cheap"
02/15/16 mrl t Manila, Philippines
- 10 min from the nearest JR station - there are family mart and lawson nearby - you can eat and hang in the common room to watch tv, it also has microwave, hot water, free tea and miso soup - room is small with bunk beds but clean - bathroom is also small (as most of the baths in japan) but also clean - staffs are friendly - internet is fast
"Great experience"
02/09/16 기수 이
Staff was a kind man. He asked me some question for convenience and advised everything about hotel and landscape. Bath room was small to take a bath. Beds are two story bed. There was not enough space to drink or eat in private room If you plan a non-convenient trip I recommend. But if you didnt i cant recommend this for you. The cleaning machine is located on roof. The living room(guest share) is on 7th floor and there were kind of bowl tv guestdiary waterboiler Akiba is nearby uenoYH You can go akiba within 7 min.
"Comfy rooms~"
01/31/16 Diane Lizette M
Stayed 4 days and 3 nights with my older sister. People at the lobby are very nice and can speak english so no problem with communication, walking distance from the train stations, comfy rooms and lounge. You can really have your own privacy! 😊
"Budget hostel right at the heart of Ueno"
01/07/16 virstud Caloocan
I booked this hostel because this the only available hostel which is near the Tokyo center during the holiday season. The location is near the Okachimachi station of the JR line if you are using the JR pass. The nearest substation is Yushima exit 6. But since we used JR pass, we did not used the metro subway lines. From Okachimachi, it is roughly 15 minutes walk. The hostel reception are is located on the 4th floor. The building elevator will always stop at the 4th floor so no worry. Karen who was on duty was very welcoming, she is quite pretty and speaks very good English. I booked triple room but the rooms we have two bunkbeds which sleeps 4 people minimum. The room are wide and there is enough space for your big luggage. Towel is not provided but no worry, you can always rent one from the reception area for only yen100. Room will not be cleaned everyday but the garbage are picked up daily. The place is near the two convenient stores, Lawson and family mart. Along the Chuo street, you can find the famous Ippudo ramen restaurant. There is also a supermarket just across the Ippudo.. Walking towards Akihabara is only around 15 minutes walk. Right beside the Okachimachi station is a big mall. Takeya is also just behind the station. You can also walk towards the Don Quijote building for souvenir hunting..
"Stay in the heart of Ueno"
10/10/15 FabMadagascar Barcelona, Spain
The hostel is at easy reach from Okachimachi station, on the Yamanote line. The location is superb, very close to a big food market, in a district that is one of the most affordable for eating out. The hostel is reasonably priced, clean, but the matresses are not very comfortable. I would recommend it, though. We spent 5 nights total.
"Resonable and worth the value for money"
09/07/15 Nae671 Guam, Mariana Islands
It was hard looking for a place to stay in Japan around July, when its last minute. Although we were able to catch this. It was pretty decent. Coming from me looking for a budget place. I actually would recommend this. It was convienient and the place was close to everything. Walking distance from places you want to visit, close to metro and jr line, markets and ueno park. It was win win situation. But when arriving to Japan it was hard to find for a first timer. We had to ask a booth at a train station for directions because we got lost. They were nice and spoke to us broken English. Eventually we found the place, 4 bunk beds and own restroom. It was good enough for me. Yes (I wanted our own restroom, I didn't want a public bathroom). Keep that in mind when you visit Japan. Most will provide private bath but some you may share. That's the tough part about searching for a decent place. Overall , it was good enough for me if you are looking for a budget place and decent location. ^^
"Reasonable hostel in a great location "
08/24/15 Lucy-mitchell2015
Recently stayed at Ueno Hostel for 2 nights. We received great directions via email when booking, which made it very easy to find just a 5-10 min walk from a JR station. Once arriving we were able to leave our luggage there before check in later on in the day. There is a lounge room which has a small kitchen where you can use filtered water rather than keep buying bottled and lots of information on Tokyo and other areas of Japan. We stayed in a private twin room which had bunk beds and a small ensuite. The room was plenty big enough and the beds were very comfy. The bathroom was also perfectly adequate with hot water and all of the bedding and towels were clean. Location was great being walking distance to Ueno park as well as other attractions and a JR station. Would definitely recommend.
"Great Value for momey"
07/01/15 rogakosv411 Athens, Greece
Excelent location, near metro and JR (ocachimachi) stations. Near Ueno park (Zoo and museaums). Many conviniance stores, super markets and places to eat. Great staff, ready to help and advise. Self making bed.