All hotels in Fairmont, West Virginia, United States of America
20 Southland Dr, Fairmont, WV, 26554, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Needs Improvement"
Poor management. Staff not well trained.
5 night business trip Jun 12, 2015
"Ok stay, but will not return."
Room was small. WiFi was not working. Other than that, good stay. For what I paid, I will stay elsewhere next time.
3 night business trip May 18, 2015
Roland
"Very friendly, great service"
Housekeeping did not come one day but management resolved it far and above what was expected.
4 night family trip Apr 19, 2015
"Wknd Business"
I asked for an isolated/quiet room and got upgraded to a suite for my trouble. The cookies and soup were a welcoming surprise and the breakfast was very nice. Housekeeping kept me in clean linens and a neat room. I would recommend this establishment for anyone staying in the Fairmont area.
3 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
Timothy W
"Home away from home"
Stayed for business - very nice hotel - very clean - great gym - would definitely stay again.
4 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
"Perfect"
All staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and pricing was great. Will stay again when i am back in the area. Thanks FAIRMONT staff!
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Mr White
"Clean but tiny"
It was hard to find the entrance because of the condition of the entry road. Staff was most friendly. The room was quite small, but adequate for a one night stay. Hotel was very clean, but it appears to be less than a year old. The neighborhood was not nearly as nice as the hotel. Nice for a night, but long term it would be too cramped.
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
RobertJ
"Fairmont Microtel"
This hotel was fabulous! The entire hotel and room was clean and comfortable. The front desk people were very friendly and nice. Coffee and tea were available 24 hours. We had a suite which was roomy with microwave and refrigerator. I come to Fairmont frequently and will stay in this hotel again-great hotel and staff.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Jeanne
"Nice, new Hotel But..."
This is a new hotel and is thus in very good shape. However, the micro part of their name, I think, refers to the size of the room. The queen bed fills almost the whole room. There is probably two feet on either side of the bed and about twice that at the foot. It was really tight for two of and our dog. I don't recommend the sausage gravy, however. I think it had been warmed too often and I definitely got some intestinal distress (had to be what caused it as my wife and I ate identical things the night before and that day with the exception of the gravy).
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Well taken care of"
After a long drive from Ohio to West Virginia we arrived early to the hotel.... way before check in. We were going to a funeral service and were pretty tired. When I told this to the person on the staff, he told me he would check to see if there were any rooms ready. Sure enough not too long of a wait and we got a room where we were able to rest a little before we took off to the funeral. We got back later and he called us to let us know that fresh baked chocolate chip cookies had just been put out for guests to enjoy. Very nice people.
Sonia
"Excellent, clean, convenient."
Stayed at hotel during trip to Fairmont University. Hotel was impeccably clean, professionally managed, and quiet/comfortable. Fresh cookies and hot soup available was a plus! Highly recommended.
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Rob
FRIENDLY SERVICE VERY helpful
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
Sheila Marsh
My family enjoyed our stay. The room was spacious and clean, the staff were friendly and helpful, the continental breakfast was excellent and the hotel is conveniently located near shopping and restaurants. We will definitely be staying there again in the future.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Mr. Udo Sunder
"Best hotel ever and travel for business"
The Microtel was 100% perfect. Stranded for 5 days while traveling and was hotel hopping for ten days. Found this place one stayed put for the 5 remaining days. Very clean, staff was friendly, management concerned, everyone there seemed to take great pride in their job and the satisfaction of the guests. Highy recommend it. Great price also. Thanks to everyone there our stay was very nice.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
Becky
"Outstanding"
This room cost only $90 but was MUCH better than most $150 rooms!! Very clean and had every amenity you could ask for. Will definitely stay again. Wyndham never lets me down.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
Angie
"Have already booked this hotel for future stay."
Very conveniently located off of I-79; only 20 minutes south of Morgantown. Brand new hotel so room was very clean, beds were comfortable, service was great. I have already booked this hotel for a second stay for another WVU football game.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Alan
"Clean and Convenient"
Room small but very clean and convenient. Would highly recommend.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Ercel Potter
"Right off I-79"
Night game in Morgantown. Perfect place to crash after the game. Brand new hotel. Staff was very helpful. Couple of restaurants nearby. Will be back.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"pleasantly surprised"
This is a lovely, new hotel. The rooms are very nice and they accommodated our pet by putting us on the first floor, first room from the exit. Very considerate. My only gripe is that it's tucked away behind a shopping center and was a little hard to find. Also the road leading to the hotel is not finished. Very rough. We will stay again for sure.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Hope they build something to look at..."
Nice hotel. Quiet. Great pet rates. Clean. Just right for a short stay.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
Lovely motel, staff were great, went above and beyond to help us, very very pleased, the breakfast, cookies were really an added treat....
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Dar
"Great overnight"
Tennis tournament weekend went great. FSU was a short drive away, beds were comfortable, pictures on website different than actual room.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
Benacaca
"Almost perfect"
We stayed here on our way home from Florida. We got there after 13 hours on the road, and the person at the desk was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful, and the amenities were great. There were a few choices nearby for dinner, but while the hotel are was clearly brand new, the surrounding parking lots and access roads were in horrible shape. Our only real complaint with the room was that, after being given a room at the end of the hall to give us some privacy, we had neighbors whose TV we could hear through the walls after midnight - I don''t know if they had the volume way up or the walls are thin, or if it was coming through the door that adjoined the two rooms, but either way we were exhausted and unable to sleep. I did call down to the front desk, and eventually the volume was turned down, but for a brand new hotel that seemed almost empty, it was frustrating to have immediate neighbors, especially after we were put at the end of the hall expressly for privacy. The breakfast in the morning definitely helped with our overall impressions, as there was a great variety of food - make your own Belgian waffles, cold cereal, bagels, danish, eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. Definitely a nice way to start our second day of driving. Overall, I would definitely stay here again, but I would definitely request a room with no immediate next door occupancy.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
Guy

"Will Return Again"
First time staying there. Very pleased. Wlaking distance to Applebees and other restaurants. Will stay again.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Sengad
"Clean and convenient"
The hotel was clean and convenient off the highway. A bit hard to navigate in the dark to find the road in however that is it. Staff was amazing and had everything waiting when we arrived.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Great hotel!"
Stayed overnight on our way home from Savannah. Hotel was lovely, front desk very pleasant. Breakfast was served from 7am and we had to leave by 6:30. But the front desk clerk told us that most of the items (except the scrambled eggs and bacon) would be out at 6 and we could help ourselves, which we did. They even had soup available when you checked in. We will definitely stay there again. Lots of restaurants within walking distance for dinner.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Fair for the price for a work trip."
It's a Microtel, so it's a small room. Bed was fine. Shower was ok, it needed more pressure. Towels were not soft and were too small for comfortable modesty. The Wi-Fi worked on 1 of 4 of my devices and it took almost 2 hours to connect and would not stay connected. When I asked about it at the front desk, some dude in a ball-cap said he could get it on his iPhone so it was working. Great troubleshooting dude. The hotel is tucked behind a dead and dying shopping strip / mall but has a number of brand new hotels around it and decent food options (and a grocery store for the DIY crowd) so I didn't have to go far for food which is always a plus the first time in a new city. So for a work trip it's just fine.
3 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
"Close to Highway"
Nice and clean but too small a room and noisy air conditioner.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Nice Place"
Very well maintained hotel. Great service and very good breakfast.
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
"close to highway"
passing through one night stay, needed a clean hotel
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Good Place to Stop when travelling"
We found this hotel to be clean, convenient, reasonable and sufficient for a short stay while travelling. The staff was very helpful.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
jbl
3 night trip Apr 22, 2015
1 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fairmont

"Clean, wonderful staff...had a very good time. Nice rooms"
07/29/15 L118LIcatherineb Durango, Colorado
Have hot coffee 24/7., had cookies and lemonade upon arrival. Had Broccoli Cheddar soup on hot bar, (delicious). Was very nice stay. Meghan, front desk clerk, gave excellent recommendations on Pizza Delivery
07/27/15 stevengG519VH Georgetown, Kentucky
Nice place to stay 1/4 mile from Tanger Outlet. Wonderful restaurant & wine place right behind the hotel...easy walk and worth it. You won't be able to eat all of the food they present...everyone took away a box with left-overs or dessert. Pool is small but perfect for a quick dip. Complimentary breakfast was a great deal...saved us probably $40 for two mornings.
"Personal unscheduled visit"
07/26/15 WMKALWV Trussville, Alabama
Short and sweet 3 night stay. Very accommodating staff. A special recognition of Brenda who staffed the breakfast meal. The first morning we were late to the breakfast area (note to staff - place a breakfast schedule in the rooms as we did not see one anywhere in the room) and Brenda went out of her way to provide us breakfast after it had shut down for the morning. She was extremely accommodating and friendly. Great employee. As for the motel, it was very clean, employees all very pleasant and accommodating. Would have gone 5 stars but the lack of a breakfast schedule note in the room dropped it to 4. I would recommend this location.
"Awful Stay"
07/21/15 Millie H Morgantown, West Virginia
This hotel was just simply put: terrible. I have two kids and was staying at this hotel for a getaway with them. I usually do not stay at hotels because I live fairly close, but we needed a small getaway. There were bed bugs all over the beds (you can also see if they're in your room by looking in the corners of the walls) and my kids were FLIPPING OUT over the bugs! When we went for breakfast, we could not find anyone to help us because the toaster was unplugged and not working and we could not figure out how to work it. No one was attending breakfast and everything was cold. When the woman finally came, she was extremely rude to us. This was NOT a getaway. I wish I had STAYED AWAY! You'll do better at the Fairfield Inn or the Red Roof Inn. They sure do make you pay a pretty penny for BED BUGS! UGH. Stay somewhere else!!
"We enjoy Microtel because 1 - the price is generally lower..."
07/20/15 John E Jesup, Iowa
We enjoy Microtel because 1 - the price is generally lower, 2 - the staff is just as friendly and helpful as more expensive motels, 3 - no hassel and 4 easy to locate. I do wish that a book of your locations was available.
"Lack of desk service and unavaibility of WiFi"
07/19/15 Connie P San Antonio, Texas
The room was very nice. The hotel was hard to find even with a GPS. WiFi availability was practically nonexistent. The first afternoon I got on immediately. I was never able to get access again until early in the morning. Hotel staff had few suggestions for meals.
"superb : customer service & accommodations"
07/17/15 G1759MQchristinec Lexington, South Carolina
Our check in was smooth, room was super clean plenty of towels,pillows etc... staff starting from front desk to housekeeping were very friendly & made it a point to speak and make sure our needs were met. This review wouldn't be complete if I did me ton the grand breakfast, homemade soup & cookies each evening ... :) micro hotel will be our forever hotel while vacationing! !!
"Comfey Stay"
07/15/15 N758MKbrendab Frederick, MD
Attending my 50th high school reunion and stayed at the Fairmont, WV Microtel and had a very relaxed stay with comfortable beds and super soft pillows. Tiffany took my reservation a few days before we arrived at the hotel and was very helpful. When we arrived on Saturday, Tiffany was there to greet us. It is nice to see the person that was on the other end of the telephone. We were pleased with our stay and recommend this hotel to anyone. We did find the road leading to the hotel was not marked well, especially at night.
"Very thin walls. People holding normal conversations in..."
07/09/15 M2310AAjohnl Baltimore, Maryland
Very thin walls. People holding normal conversations in their rooms could be heard clearly next door. People that had slightly animated conversations in their rooms were a total distraction to us next door. We called to the front desk to ask if they could keep it down. Also, there was no maid service the entire weekend because of personnel issues at the hotel.
"Family reunion"
07/06/15 oneofmany2015 Fairmont, West Virginia
Had at least 10 rooms of family staying at this Microtel Inn/Suites. We had no problems with our room, although some of the others had issues. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great and room was comfy.