All hotels in Mariposa, California, United States of America
5051 Highway 140, Mariposa, CA, 95338, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.7
"Clean but...."
The Hotel was very clean, the AC never cooled the room, the water pressure in our shower was a trickle, hot water never made an appearance in the shower, the bed was comfortable, no hair dryer in room, fridge, microwave and coffee maker worked fine.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
"BAD HOTEL!!!"
Expensive and there was only one staff in the hotel. Poor service and facilities. The toilet didn't even work! Bad experience.
3 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
"Noisy A/C, old fashioned place, but at least clean"
Old fashioned, but clean. Noisy guest neighbours. A/C very noisy. Bathroom no surface to put toiletries down, very small bathroom. Friendly staff. No T-Mobile reception.
1 night business trip May 28, 2015
"Close to Yosemite"
We stayed one night to be close to Cathedral Overlook from our wonderful base at Wyndham Angels Camp. Staff most unfriendly and disinterested when we arrived 4:30pm...told me to move my car while we were trying to unload. Good price, old tight quarters, great comfortable beds, new A/C, packed out early AM... fantastic breakfast at Silver Pine cafe across street.
1 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
David Teresa
"not satisfied"
Not worth for $125 for such a tiny room, no service person, very small bathroom without place to hang your clothes, very old furniture.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
"A nice little stay."
Great place to stay to go to yosemite. Although Yosemite was an hour away the scenic drive there was so nice you realize you're there in no time. My only issue with the lodge was there was no do not disturb sign you could place on your door. We came back to find our bed made, which was nice, but there was no notice they would do so. There was a microwave and a fridge and all was pretty much fine.
3 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
"Nice and simple motel"
A nice and simple motel in a lovely little town. The motel is located in the center and everything is walking distance. One hour to Yosemite. The room is small and simple but it's clean and pretty quite. The current in the shower was a little slow but nothing to worry about.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Amit
"Great deal"
Hotel looked run down out front but the rooms were newly remodeled, clean and comfortable. Busy street but rooms are below the street which takes away the traffic noise. Cannot beat the price either.
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"Yukky key"
There was no light when I went to put the key in the lock, I felt a sticky substance on the key. I went in, still in the dark, and wiped the key. When I turned on the light to see - I was totally yuked out (and that's the only word to describe my reaction). The cloth had a dark red/brown color which looked like blood (and I've seen a lot of blood dried and otherwise). The manager was not in the office when I took the key & cloth, so I put it in the car and went to buy some food. When I got back I showed it to the manager who said she thought it was ketshup or some other food stuff. She did offer to give me another key. The room was very, very cold. I tried to turn the knob on the heater which came off. Walked back up the hill to the managers office again. She came to my room with a wrench and turned the knob. She said the cold air was pulled in from the top and the hot air would blow out the bottom. However I was still very cold with a light breeze blowing on me all night. Discovered the next morning when I opened the drapes that the window had been open all night. I also found the same red/brown stains on the curtain. The room itself was very outdated and in need of repairs and fixes. I was not very happy with my stay at Mother Lode Lodge.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Grace
"Small but cozy"
Room is not big, but it is really comfy and cozy for me. Staff is very friendly. Will go again for my next Yosemite trip.
1 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
WEN-CHIEH
"Great value in a convenient location."
The hotel is conveniently located on the way to Yosemite. The rooms are clean and the staff is extremely helpful.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Dobrina
"Give them a try!"
Nice check in experience. Room is older, but bed is comfortable and good place for an overnight. Talk about safe. I accidentally left the key in the door all night and wasn't bothered, but of course I wouldn't recommend doing this. Bathroom is pretty small, but functional. Coffee in room was decent and overall the place was pretty quite. no complaints.
1 night family trip Feb 3, 2015
Juli
"The price was right"
Stay was great! We will stay here again when we come back to Yosemite!
2 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Not so great!"
The room was clean, but very small. Also, the heater was so loud that we had to turn it off, on a cold night, because it woke us up every t9ime it rattled on. Not a great experience.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Wonderful Christmas in a small homey motel"
We spent Christmas week at the Mother Lode and it was very nice, homey, old-fashioned and relaxing. Three days we skied at Badger Pass (in Yosemite, not so far away) and two days we just walked around Mariposa. The public library offered us useful maps of town as well as an opportunity to print online documents we needed (as well as an awesome Friends of the Library Used Book sale, every Tuesday and Friday morning). We'll be returning for the annual American Story-Telling Festival in March (sponsored by the Mariposa Arts Council), and we'll certainly stay in the Mother Lode Motel again.
9 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Dennis
"Mother Lode Lodge"
Good price, convenient and clean, however staff left on noisy washing machines until after midnight which are underneath the rooms. Beds are not that comfortable but ok for a nights stay.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"I like here!"
Good!
1 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
Sang Won
"Super comfortable!"
The hotel is simple but super comfortable and clean. For sure I would stay again. We went in the cold and the room always was warm. The only thing was that I needed talk to someone responsible for the motel at night and I didn't find anyone until the other morning day. Besides that I loved the trip and the motel.
3 night trip with friends Dec 16, 2014
Rayssa
"Good price/value ratio"
Nice small lodge. Rooms are small but clean. TV, coffee maker, fridge included. Not much luxury but better than sleeping in a tent, for sure!
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Leo
"A place to rest your head"
If it's a place to rest your head then this place you should consider. If your looking for more than a one night stay take into consideration that the bed is hard the bathroom ... is tiny. You may need to leave the bathroom door open as you are at the sink. Only a shower...that's ok for overnighter. Curtains are sheer in bathroom but the bathroom is not exposed to ground level. The window facing the parking lot has curtains that may leave a gap when they are closed. I was extremely surprised at how quite the noise control between rooms was...truly it was quite. Like I said it good for staying overnight.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Janice
"OK for the money"
The hotel is very average. You can stay overnight but not for more than two days. Area is good
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
viraf
"cheap but clean"
The hotel looks and feels cheap but it was clean and reasonable.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Good located"
Well located hostel into the way to Yosemite, but you shouldn't expect anything more. Small room.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Ann
It did not look like there was much attention given to minor repairs and cleaning. Things like new paint in the bathroom where needed. Clean tile caulking. Adjusting the door to close and lock in the bathroom. Tightining bolts on the TV so it will stay attached. It was quiet and peaceful.
2 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2014
"Not happy"
The bed was hard. And not at all comfortable.
1 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
Fred McDonald
"Not worth the high price"
First, our room key was given to another person so we were walked in on by another guest. Turns our we were in HIS room so we had to move rooms. We were then moved to a much smaller room with peeling linoleum in the bathroom. There was only soap and a small packet of shampoo and the pillows were incredibly small and hard. The surrounding area was also very expensive for the quality of service/food. If you want to visit the Yosemite area, spring for a more expensive place or go camping.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2014
Emily M.
"Look elsewhere"
I set my expectations very low and this suceeded and reaching an all time low - small, old, not clean, poor AC
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"In need of repair"
Overpriced for what you get. The pool is falling apart and dirty, the a/c didn't work, the gaps around the doors are ridiculous, there was hair and coffee grounds in our ice bucket, and the office has very limited hours. If you just need a bed close to Yosemite it works. But if you're looking for comfort, service or amenities, this isn't the place for you.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"convenient and quaint"
Overall, a very quality venue. My only issue would be the basketball court that's next door to a room (my room it so happens!!). The lodge just doesn't seem to be large enough to have the court and not be disruptive. The lodge should seriously consider removing it.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"Look elsewhere..."
The room had a second door opening onto the Main Street but from inside it was blocked by a clothes rack. When I was outside I pushed on the door and it opened! No key needed. The front desk staff fixed it with a screw driver to the strike plate but needless to say I wasn't comfortable with the safety of the place. The bathroom window was open but no screen was in place. The shower's hot water would eventually show up. Let's just say after a 12 hour hike and hour drive I still chose to drive 3 more hours rather than spend another night here
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
talismano
"Yosemite bound"
My wife and I used this motel as a base and spent two 3 days in Yosemite Valley. Seemed to have many events in the town and good places to eat.
jim
"Nice location, but poor hotel"
The air conditioner didn't cool the room on a 100 degree day and because people are allowed to smoke outside of the rooms I couldn't open my window. The pool should be condemned. My daughter found a used toothbrush behind the nightstand and the overall cleanliness of the room was low. The office is only open for a few hours each day. On Sunday when I went to check out I wanted to bring my issues up with the staff but the office was locked at 9:30 a.m. so I didn't have the opportunity to speak with anyone. Beyond the room and pool issues the price I made my reservation on Expedia was one price, I put in my credit card info to confirm the room and I received a higher rate and I was then charge an even higher rate. It was only $15 but the point of it all was discouraging. Go to this place if you have zero expectations other than a great location to enjoy the town and have easy access at a cheep rate to the park.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Not bad, Not very good!"
The room size average, bathroom slightly larger than a large motor home, none of the electronics plugged in, except the TV which was operationally marginal. The refrigerator was cool and items that need to be kept that way, weren't. I wasn't informed of the unplugged items, like lamps, etc. and sorta figured it out on an as needed basis, and unfortunately did discover the refrigerator until it was too late. Since I had to leave early in the AM before their office opened I was was unable to convey my disappoint at their quality and service.
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
Ron Myers
"Bare minimum room, crumbling swimming pool."
Reception/owner hardly ever there, busy with her children, very casual. Charged me for room price via Expedia, plus $25, didn't seem to realize I had already paid through Expedia, including tax. Not sure now if I've paid twice! Will have to follow up, to make sure. Definitely overpriced.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
Balancer
"High priced Mom & Pop Motel"
The desk lady was more than friendly and extremely responsive and helpful. She took care of a couple of our needs (extra pillow, re-programming the remote). The room was ok, bed was fine, carpet could use a good cleaning, bathroom was so small that you had trouble turning around: but the main issue was that there was no phone in the room. Not only did I have to go up and down a steep hill a couple times to reach the front desk, but for seniors not having a room in case of an emergency is disconcerting. Net, Net it should have been priced at about $35.00.
1 night trip May 20, 2014
Noel B Searles
"Worst hotel ever!!!"
It's been the worst hotel I ever stayed in. I am strongly advising everyone to stay away of it.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
"Pretty Nice, although not fancy"
This little privately-owned hotel was a bit quaint, and pretty nice. The front-desk staff was very helpful and nice. I would, however, say you should not stay here with your lady if you want to impress her. While nice enough, it is not fancy. The only way in which I thought it came up sort was in the bathroom. The shower stall was smaller than I am used to, although still quite usable, and I am a big guy. The big thing (mostly for a lady, I would think) is the sink does not have any counter space around it. There is a more-than-adequate shelf off to the side over the toilet, but nothing right next to the sink. For me? No problem. If my lady had been there... it would have been "ok," but it wouldn't have been appreciated. All in all, for convenience and location, combined with price, this place is a little gem.
2 night trip May 13, 2014
"It is right on old town street. Home like."
It was nice suite like 2 nights stay. You need to prepare some stuffs to have comfortable stay. For us, this is ok. And the staff work from 1pm to 9pm. If you always need staff help, this is not for you. We got huge and quiet room, so we are extremely happy with this.
Other trip May 16, 2014
"An adequate place to stay a night."
The entrance is a bit unnerving, as you have to descend a steep driveway to get to parking area.
Other trip May 15, 2014
Ron
"Inexpensive but close enough to YARTS or by auto."
Beds are comfortable enough but the refrigerator freezer cover off the freezer froze all food in fridge. Hot water faucet cap was loose. Beds made daily, but not enough towels left, garbage not emptied etc. These were taken were taken care of on request.
Other trip May 11, 2014
"Just OK."
Everything just OK but for the price I expected more than just OK. The Lodge is consider over price for $ 69 + taxes (1 king) with NO SERVICE ,NO AMENITIES and the room so small. The Lodge has free internet but NO OUTLET to plugin your computer power cord or charging your battery camera so make sure you have extra battery for that OR you have to climb to the ceiling next to TV for the only extra outlet OR you must to remove table or bed to get access to that outlet.
1 night trip Apr 28, 2014
HC
"Enough for A night stay"
We just stayed overnight to get to yosemite. Perfect location with restaurants, gas station, etc were within walkable distance. The rooms were ok. The bathroom was a tiny pigeon hole, barely enough space to move your limbs. They also had a fridge and microwave, which is very good for a budget hotel.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Smriti
"A good base 1 hour from Yosemite"
We stayed two nights, just to sleep (5 meters from our car), and it was all we needed.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
D
"Close to yoaemite, not very clean"
The motel room we got had a moldy smell and was not as clean and neat as you would expect from a "motel 6" for example.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
Avishy
"OK for price"
Easy accessibility to restaurants and shopping, very small and cramped
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Right in the middle of downtown"
The rooms were on the smaller side, but very clean. The beds were comfortable. I would recommend bringing your own blankets as the one on the bed was not soft. The only complaint I had was that the bathroom was extremely small.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"hotel on a budget"
The room was roomy and beds were comfortable. We had an oven but no pots or plates to cook with. The room was clean relatively except for some minor details. It was about an hour from Yosemite village so it was ok for the price. The neighbors in room 12 were noisy so it was hard to sleep the second night but that is not the loge's fault. Overall it was one of the cheapest places around so we saved some money and had a nice stay. If you not picky were you stay and want so save some money it is a good place to be at.
2 night trip Mar 27, 2014
Nikoleta S.
"Find Someplace Else!"
The pillow I had in Vietnam was better. The pervasive smell of the room was annoying. Lucky my sence of smell is fading. Had the whole room been any smaller it might have made it into the Guinness Record book. I found a screen outside which I managed to roughly fit the bathroom window. The overall ambiance was similar to a Louisiana farm laborer's residence.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
C.A. Lindquist
"Great value!"
Perfect hotel for the perfect price. Great location right in the middle of historic Mariposa. Short walk down the street to all restaurants, etc.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"Cheapest motel and central location but depressing"
I use a wheelchair so stayed in #17 at the top of hill motel in on a hill. I was able to get through the door with my 18" manual wheelchair but not into the bathroom as the entrance was too narrow. Excellent location but next time would spend the extra money to stay in a nicer place as the experience with depressing and the beds were uncomfortable so I didn't get much sleep. I was also never able to connect to their alledged wifi connection.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014