All hotels in Mariposa, California, United States of America

"A home town touch"
loved it
1 night business trip Dec 22, 2015
"Cute comfortable motel"
It was a comfortable room the only downfall is the Dish Network was down so no tv. But there was snough beds
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2015
Not Provided
"Apathetic Management"
It was a simple low cost hotel with comfortable beds. There was an incident on Sunday 10/25/15 where the fire alarm went off early in the morning with extreme ear piercing noise that we could not stop as it seemed hooked up to the electrical instead of batteries. This went on for a good 15-20 min. It was horrible. We are to be out by 10:00am and keys turned in to the office by way of the mail slot on the door. I left a note with my key regarding the incident and called the two numbers listed on the front door. There was no answer on either but I could leave a message on one of them which I did. So far there has been no rush by management to compensate us in any form for our discomfort so early in the morning.
3 night romance trip Oct 22, 2015
Elias
Just what we needed T
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2015
JEANNE
"A cozy hotel and a happy Yosemite visitor"
The staff is friendly; room is quite clean, the bathroom is a little bit small, but just need one night stay during my trip to yosemite, won't complain. Good for the price. Location is quite convenient, in Mariposa downtown, restaurants / grocery / gas stations nearby.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
"Nice hotel for the price"
We stayed here for two nights while visiting Yosemite. The lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful. The room was small and modest but met all of our needs. The hotel didn't provide breakfast but there were several restaurants closeby for breakfast, lunch, and supper. The only problem we encountered was the cleaning lady didn't realize we were staying two nights and since we left our toiletry items in the bathroom she threw them away. They managed to find some of them but not all. We would stay here again if ever in the area. Great value.
Other trip Oct 8, 2015
Joyce
"No frills but worth the stay"
No frills hotel had been staying in hotels for six nights so my reviews may be all over the chart. This hotel room was clean, in fact very clean. No frills... clean bed, clean shower. Cool A/C small shower. Excellent location!! Walk to great restaurants, no need for a car while staying here. Would definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Needed a 1 night stay en route to Yosemite.
1 night romance trip Sep 2, 2015
No hot water for the shower and the sink had very little water pressure. Otherwise, it would have been great! Person that checked us in was very nice and it is a great little town.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"Alright."
Good for the price, nice town also.
1 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Room served its purpose, but the ACs in the room are old and very noisy! We had to choose between sweltering in the heat and trying to sleep or noisy AC and no sleep.
2 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
Adam
"Much bigger than expected, nicely appointed!"
We were very pleasantly surprised at the spaciousness of the unit we rented. The main area had a queen bed, and there was a second room with another queen bed plus a twin. The unit also had a kitchenette, with sink/faucet, electric stove, microwave and small fridge. We were very, very pleased.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Barry
It's probably a small family business and the basic service is ok. Sometimes you have to go around and find the staff to solve your problems like asking for bathroom tissues and looking for a plunger etc.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
"Great Location, Awesome Scenery"
We stayed here on our way to and from Yosemite. The room (#5) was very clean and well-stocked. The check-in process was quick, and the guest service was exceptional.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Brad
"Clean but...."
The Hotel was very clean, the AC never cooled the room, the water pressure in our shower was a trickle, hot water never made an appearance in the shower, the bed was comfortable, no hair dryer in room, fridge, microwave and coffee maker worked fine.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
"not the worst but....."
hotel staff only there from 3pm to 8pm and they didn't answer their phone or call back. Parking was not good, room was not clean, nail clippings and other dirt on carpet, no ice in machine, second day there they took out our towels and didn't replace them, pool was not opened yet and it was mid June.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
"BAD HOTEL!!!"
Expensive and there was only one staff in the hotel. Poor service and facilities. The toilet didn't even work! Bad experience.
3 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
"Noisy A/C, old fashioned place, but at least clean"
Old fashioned, but clean. Noisy guest neighbours. A/C very noisy. Bathroom no surface to put toiletries down, very small bathroom. Friendly staff. No T-Mobile reception.
1 night business trip May 28, 2015
"Close to Yosemite"
We stayed one night to be close to Cathedral Overlook from our wonderful base at Wyndham Angels Camp. Staff most unfriendly and disinterested when we arrived 4:30pm...told me to move my car while we were trying to unload. Good price, old tight quarters, great comfortable beds, new A/C, packed out early AM... fantastic breakfast at Silver Pine cafe across street.
1 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
David Teresa
"not satisfied"
Not worth for $125 for such a tiny room, no service person, very small bathroom without place to hang your clothes, very old furniture.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
"Tidy but tiny"
The room was clean but very small. The bathroom was even smaller, you could sit and brush at same time, the shower was too small for a large person. The door had a very old lock and key and did not close well, no deadbolt or safety latch, large crack all around door. The ac worked but the filter and unit itself was filthy. Only two electrical outlets in the whole room and they were full with two lights, tv, small fridge. It also had a microwave and coffee maker but something else had to be unpluged to use them. This room was ok for one night but should have cost much less than what we paid. The queen bed was comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly.
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Hotel in good location of mid-town Mariposa"
This hotel is older and a little funky, but we truly enjoyed our stay there. The one story rooms are connected in one row with doors opening to the outside. Parking is opposite the room. Small frig and microwave are included in the rooms along with a flat screen TV. Queen bed was adequate. Bathroom was clean and has upgraded sink and toilet. Eating places are within walking distance, as well as shops and a nice park at the end of the block. The YARTS bus stops right across the street for an enjoyable trip to Yosemite Valley for the day, and returns right by the hotel property.
Other trip May 17, 2015
DeltaJ
"Relatively close to Yosemite"
Old facility but it was clean and close, about 45 minutes from Yosemite.
Other trip May 7, 2015
"Okay to stay with some drawbacks"
this hotel is sort of okay to stay with the price. Some good things - amenities are good, rooms are spacious, easy parking, family-owned so less rush, small property with 10-12 rooms, so less crowded. Some drawbacks - no staff on-property after 9pm and staff tend to mess up keys frequently.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Tir
"A nice little stay."
Great place to stay to go to yosemite. Although Yosemite was an hour away the scenic drive there was so nice you realize you're there in no time. My only issue with the lodge was there was no do not disturb sign you could place on your door. We came back to find our bed made, which was nice, but there was no notice they would do so. There was a microwave and a fridge and all was pretty much fine.
3 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
"Nice and simple motel"
A nice and simple motel in a lovely little town. The motel is located in the center and everything is walking distance. One hour to Yosemite. The room is small and simple but it's clean and pretty quite. The current in the shower was a little slow but nothing to worry about.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Amit
"Great deal"
Hotel looked run down out front but the rooms were newly remodeled, clean and comfortable. Busy street but rooms are below the street which takes away the traffic noise. Cannot beat the price either.
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"Yukky key"
There was no light when I went to put the key in the lock, I felt a sticky substance on the key. I went in, still in the dark, and wiped the key. When I turned on the light to see - I was totally yuked out (and that's the only word to describe my reaction). The cloth had a dark red/brown color which looked like blood (and I've seen a lot of blood dried and otherwise). The manager was not in the office when I took the key & cloth, so I put it in the car and went to buy some food. When I got back I showed it to the manager who said she thought it was ketshup or some other food stuff. She did offer to give me another key. The room was very, very cold. I tried to turn the knob on the heater which came off. Walked back up the hill to the managers office again. She came to my room with a wrench and turned the knob. She said the cold air was pulled in from the top and the hot air would blow out the bottom. However I was still very cold with a light breeze blowing on me all night. Discovered the next morning when I opened the drapes that the window had been open all night. I also found the same red/brown stains on the curtain. The room itself was very outdated and in need of repairs and fixes. I was not very happy with my stay at Mother Lode Lodge.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Grace
"Small but cozy"
Room is not big, but it is really comfy and cozy for me. Staff is very friendly. Will go again for my next Yosemite trip.
1 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
WEN-CHIEH
"Great value in a convenient location."
The hotel is conveniently located on the way to Yosemite. The rooms are clean and the staff is extremely helpful.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Dobrina
"Give them a try!"
Nice check in experience. Room is older, but bed is comfortable and good place for an overnight. Talk about safe. I accidentally left the key in the door all night and wasn't bothered, but of course I wouldn't recommend doing this. Bathroom is pretty small, but functional. Coffee in room was decent and overall the place was pretty quite. no complaints.
1 night family trip Feb 3, 2015
Juli
"The price was right"
Stay was great! We will stay here again when we come back to Yosemite!
2 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Not so great!"
The room was clean, but very small. Also, the heater was so loud that we had to turn it off, on a cold night, because it woke us up every t9ime it rattled on. Not a great experience.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Wonderful Christmas in a small homey motel"
We spent Christmas week at the Mother Lode and it was very nice, homey, old-fashioned and relaxing. Three days we skied at Badger Pass (in Yosemite, not so far away) and two days we just walked around Mariposa. The public library offered us useful maps of town as well as an opportunity to print online documents we needed (as well as an awesome Friends of the Library Used Book sale, every Tuesday and Friday morning). We'll be returning for the annual American Story-Telling Festival in March (sponsored by the Mariposa Arts Council), and we'll certainly stay in the Mother Lode Motel again.
9 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Dennis
"Mother Lode Lodge"
Good price, convenient and clean, however staff left on noisy washing machines until after midnight which are underneath the rooms. Beds are not that comfortable but ok for a nights stay.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"I like here!"
Good!
1 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
Sang Won
"Super comfortable!"
The hotel is simple but super comfortable and clean. For sure I would stay again. We went in the cold and the room always was warm. The only thing was that I needed talk to someone responsible for the motel at night and I didn't find anyone until the other morning day. Besides that I loved the trip and the motel.
3 night trip with friends Dec 16, 2014
Rayssa
"Good price/value ratio"
Nice small lodge. Rooms are small but clean. TV, coffee maker, fridge included. Not much luxury but better than sleeping in a tent, for sure!
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Leo
"A place to rest your head"
If it's a place to rest your head then this place you should consider. If your looking for more than a one night stay take into consideration that the bed is hard the bathroom ... is tiny. You may need to leave the bathroom door open as you are at the sink. Only a shower...that's ok for overnighter. Curtains are sheer in bathroom but the bathroom is not exposed to ground level. The window facing the parking lot has curtains that may leave a gap when they are closed. I was extremely surprised at how quite the noise control between rooms was...truly it was quite. Like I said it good for staying overnight.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Janice
"OK for the money"
The hotel is very average. You can stay overnight but not for more than two days. Area is good
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
viraf
"cheap but clean"
The hotel looks and feels cheap but it was clean and reasonable.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Good located"
Well located hostel into the way to Yosemite, but you shouldn't expect anything more. Small room.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Ann
It did not look like there was much attention given to minor repairs and cleaning. Things like new paint in the bathroom where needed. Clean tile caulking. Adjusting the door to close and lock in the bathroom. Tightining bolts on the TV so it will stay attached. It was quiet and peaceful.
2 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2014
"Not happy"
The bed was hard. And not at all comfortable.
1 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
Fred McDonald
"Not worth the high price"
First, our room key was given to another person so we were walked in on by another guest. Turns our we were in HIS room so we had to move rooms. We were then moved to a much smaller room with peeling linoleum in the bathroom. There was only soap and a small packet of shampoo and the pillows were incredibly small and hard. The surrounding area was also very expensive for the quality of service/food. If you want to visit the Yosemite area, spring for a more expensive place or go camping.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2014
Emily M.
"Look elsewhere"
I set my expectations very low and this suceeded and reaching an all time low - small, old, not clean, poor AC
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"In need of repair"
Overpriced for what you get. The pool is falling apart and dirty, the a/c didn't work, the gaps around the doors are ridiculous, there was hair and coffee grounds in our ice bucket, and the office has very limited hours. If you just need a bed close to Yosemite it works. But if you're looking for comfort, service or amenities, this isn't the place for you.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"convenient and quaint"
Overall, a very quality venue. My only issue would be the basketball court that's next door to a room (my room it so happens!!). The lodge just doesn't seem to be large enough to have the court and not be disruptive. The lodge should seriously consider removing it.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"Look elsewhere..."
The room had a second door opening onto the Main Street but from inside it was blocked by a clothes rack. When I was outside I pushed on the door and it opened! No key needed. The front desk staff fixed it with a screw driver to the strike plate but needless to say I wasn't comfortable with the safety of the place. The bathroom window was open but no screen was in place. The shower's hot water would eventually show up. Let's just say after a 12 hour hike and hour drive I still chose to drive 3 more hours rather than spend another night here
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
talismano
"Yosemite bound"
My wife and I used this motel as a base and spent two 3 days in Yosemite Valley. Seemed to have many events in the town and good places to eat.
jim