All hotels in Pembroke, Wales, United Kingdom
Sixth Lane, Lamphey, Pembroke, Wales, SA71 5PL, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

A fine place to stay even though a little scary driving down lane to farm. Room was spacious with good bathroom. Close to Pembroke, an interesting town with castle in centre. Felt very welcomed. For the price compared to other properties would have expected cooked breakfast!
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Lovely old farmhouse with large, comfortable room and bed linens that make you feel enveloped in a downy, cushioned cloud. Great accommodation in a pretty setting. I would say, however, that one of the reasons for booking a "bed and breakfast," necessarily missing some of the conveniences of a more modern hotel (elevator, location, perhaps a pool, etc.), is the appeal of a full, homey morning meal, a nicety all our B&B's in GB did beautifully. This one offers only cold, "continental" fare. That's a disappointment and should not be allowed to become a new, meager standard.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2014
"Best BB in Wales"
My husband and I were both blown away by how perfect and breathtaking North down B&B was. The room was spacious and cozy and the grounds were just breathtaking. Great continental breakfast. Best place we've stayed in two weeks of traveling.
1 night family trip May 23, 2014
Deborah

"Excellent!"
Surrounded by the countryside view, it's very nice and relaxing. People are very nice and hospitable. The double-bed room even has a small bed for the baby take by the parents. The nearest shop is 10 minutes' walk away. The family living in it plays a lot of musical instruments~ (of course including piano)
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"A great rural break"
Our room was spacious and nicely decorated, and the king size bed was most comfortable. In addition to the usual bedroom furniture there was a table and two easy chairs, which we found very convenient. The view of the countryside from our window was lovely, and there were no noisy distractions. The help-yourself way of offering breakfast suited me, and the coffee was good - but my husband pined a bit for a cooked meal, and would have preferred a small table for 2 rather than a single communal table. However, we enjoyed our stay very much.
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2014
"business trip"
Good value for money. First impressions always go a long way, please iron the bedding it will make such a difference!
1 night business trip May 19, 2014
"Super"
A lovely place to stay and very nice people. Would recommend.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2014

"また泊まりたい。"
一泊しかしなかったのを悔やむくらい、本当に最高の一泊でした。 お部屋もすごく素敵で、部屋からの景色も壮大でした。隣の駅にはメインロードがあるので、お土産など観光はそちらで。朝食もおいしくて、言うことなしです。
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
JP

TripAdvisor reviews for North Down Bed and Breakfast

"Meets Expectations and Descriptions"
07/18/15 JDSenior Toronto, Canada
A comfortable B & B, that is a good base for exploring Pembrokeshire. Beds were comfortable, and water pressure good for showers. Breakfasts are continental with fresh fruit, cereals, breads & croissants, and tasty yogurts. The Proprietor provided a warm welcome, and had a good supply of maps & brochures. The downsides are the room lighting - both ceiling and bedside lamps was inadequate, probably too low voltage bulbs, and Wifi was agonizingly slow.
"Lovely stay, comfy and relaxing"
06/26/15 Kay224 London, United Kingdom
Had a lovely few days stay. Tessa our host was very friendly and gave good advice on places to visit and also places to eat. The room was large, bed very comfy. Internet and G3. There was fresh milk for the tea and coffee in the room and welsh teacakes on the tea tray each day. Breakfast was ideal, lots of fruit available, cereal, toast and homemade marmalade, with very good Tassimo coffee. Views from the farmhouse were great. It was very quiet, lanes were very narrow, with high hedges, but it was only a short way from the main road, so wasn't a problem. Visited Manorbier, stunning views and beautiful bay. Stockpile where there was a great pub. Picton Castle and the National Botanical Garden of Wales, both very different gardens, both worth visiting. Walked cliffs at Porthclais, eating flapjacks and tea at the cafe on the car park. Abermawr interesting peat on beach and wonderful wool Mill, bought some off cuts £19 for 400gms, will make lots of iPad cases, glasses cases, purses etc. Would definitely recommend the Farmhouse and the area. :)
"Wondeful views"
06/23/15 Janet G Bacup, United Kingdom
What an excellent place. In a very quiet setting and large well furbished rooms. Owner was very welcoming and we had complimentary welsh scones and butter in our room. The views were outstanding and well worth asking for a room at the front of the house. There was a small table in the window with chairs so we could sit and admire the view. We were on the first floor. There was no cooked breakfast which we were aware of at the time of booking. However the range of breads, fruit, cereals etc. was more than enough and we had a very good breakfast. There was no difficulty arranging a taxi into the town as the narrow country roads may be a bit daunting at night. Highly recommended.
"Extremely peacful Tranquil Stay"
06/05/15 ted194256 Truro, United Kingdom
For the ideal break you cannot beat this Lovely Farm house in rural West Wales, you will be well looked after by Tessa the ideal Host Continental breakfast as much as you can eat. Wonderful views of the countryside, Large rooms, all you could wish for in a Rural Welsh country Farm holiday. From here you can cover all west Wales with so much to offer. We enjoyed our stay immensely. Thanks Tessa see you again for sure.
"Comfort with a view"
05/26/15 GandC1948 Airlie Beach, Australia
Tessa was very welcoming and helpful. We had a largish room with a King bed and a good en-suite. Lots of room and a great view over the valley. Real county farm stuff. Breakfast was comprehensive but did not include anything cooked. This was a good thing because after 3 weeks on the road the last thing we needed was another "English" cooked breakfast.
"We had a great time here"
04/30/15 ElizabethTristram Pretoria, South Africa
We arrived quite late and exhausted and we were so happy when we saw the room and the house, it was perfect.There was such a lovely old house charm to this place and the location couldn't be more perfect. Pembrokeshire is such a stunning place! Tessa was so nice to us and the bed was so comfortable. The breakfast isn't cooked but it was a pleasant change from cooked breakfast every day at other B&B's. I really liked that she provided bottled water.
"Wonderful place to visit Pembrokeshire"
08/24/14 reietto Sardegna
We stayed at North down for 2 days on last august(2014). The farm is about 2km from Pembroke in a beautiful hill. The owner Tessa was very friendly so we felt to stay at home. The room was big, clean and comfortable. The Wi-fi works well which sometimes is important to know about wheather or tides. Pembroke is a perfect base to visit this area and North Down is the best accommodation for that purpose. Breakfast was good enough for us but they don't cook anything. We absolutely recommend this farm, we'll definitely come back.
"Nice, but...."
08/24/14 Coupleofcampers
As I grew up with a clean freak mother my cleanliness standards are quite high but the bathroom especially was not clean enough, the toothbrush holder was not clean, you would not want to put your toothbrush in there, and the shower was mouldy on the outside, being an old house these things sometimes can't be helped though.
06/30/14 Groundhog-D75 Norwich, United Kingdom
Having enjoyed my stay at North Down Farm last year (2013), it was my first thought when returning to Pembroke this year - and I was again pleased with my choice. Indeed, I recommended it to friends (who were attending the same event) and they reported enjoying their stay there as well. It is situated only a mile or two outside Pembroke and that makes it a good centre from which to travel round and see the local area. Being right out in the countryside, I enjoyed the peace and quiet - which was most beneficial for a good night’s sleep! The building is a recently restored 18th(?) century farm house and it features the large rooms and wide staircases that were typical of its day. The house has a very homely feel, which is hardly surprising as the family also live there. The bedrooms are simple and spacious and the en suite bathrooms are perfectly adequate. The bed featured one of the most comfortable mattresses I have slept on in ages (better than my own!). Being a family-run B&B it obviously lacks the facilities of a luxury hotel but it is very comfortable and provided all that I needed. As you would expect, the bedrooms are equipped for making coffee/tea and have their own TVs. The front bedrooms have an excellent and extensive view down the hill and across the fields, though the side bedroom is not so blessed as there are trees close by. The guest lounge is available all day and is where breakfast is taken. The latter is a simple, uncooked meal but it is buffet style and I found it provided all that I needed. There is a choice of cereals and fresh fruit, along with a choice of breads and croissants (with toasters for both) and a variety of conserves. There are plentiful supplies of coffee and a variety of teas. The family are sometimes around and Tessa, the landlady, is usually around somewhere and is very helpful. She is very friendly and has a good knowledge of what to do in the area and useful suggestions on where to eat. As to the problems reported below by other guests, I stayed in the same room only a few days later and in no way felt that my visit to the area had been ruined. True there was scaffolding outside the window, but it did not interfere with the view; besides which, I was reassured to know that the building I was sleeping in was being well maintained. The décor seemed fine to me (and I say that as one who is currently redecorating his own home); it was simple but befitted the building. The extract fan in the bathroom was not working on my arrival but this proved to be due to someone having turned it off at the isolator switch on the ceiling (a previous guest who had pulled the wrong cord?). A word of caution to town/city drivers - being a farm house it is in the countryside and the local lanes are fairly narrow. Drive carefully and always be aware of wider places for passing other vehicles. The final approach down Sixth Lane (which passes the farm) is single width so be especially careful. In summary, this is a comfortable, friendly B&B in a family home. I have stayed there twice and thoroughly recommend it.
"Very disappointing"
05/19/14 vm2Cardiff Cardiff
My partner and i had a speacial occassion to celebrate on the weekend of the 17th may 2014 at north down farm only booked their because of the good reviews! All i can say is they must have been to a different farm to me.There was scaffolding outside both of our room windows,u could not close the toilet door,the sink plug would not operate and sink would get blocked.The bedroom door paintwork was all cracked and peeling.The botton of the shower tray was very dirty it hadnt been cleaned at all.The soil pipe was exposed in the toilet and the electric fan did not work either.All in all this room {en~suite} needs a complete redecoration very tatty and shabby this room.Our weekend was completly spoiled in Tenby.If i had been told about the scaffolding around the house when i booked by Tessa i would not have gone there.But Tesda did not tell me this.