All hotels in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1263 South Park Street, Halifax, NS, B3J2K8, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Perfect location"
Really enjoyed that guesthouse. Close to everything and friendly atmosphere
Response by Garden South Park Inn
I thank you for writing a review and enjoyed being a guest of our beautiful Inn. I will be sure to pass on this to all our staff as we do take pride in having a friendly atmosphere. Thanks for the review and we do hope you will stay with us again on your next visit. Have a great day
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"One important aspect of my stay was missing."
The staff was friendly and accommodating, the room ample-sized, with good closet, bathroom also nice size and the bed was ok, but a little hard. My one complaint was that I could hear everything that happened at the desk, which was down three steps and two doors from my room, which led me to believe that they could hear me if I coughed, etc. and therefore I did not feel there was much privacy, at least in the room I was in. That said, the area was a good location and the house had a comfortable, homey feel to it.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
J
This is an old Victorian converted to b&b. If you like this sort of thing, this is a good example. It's two blocks from the splendid Victorian Public Gardens, and near the University I'm told, so there's young energy around. No elevator, and the breakfast was only okay. Staff is very helpful and friendly.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
Thank you for writing a review of the Inn all feedback is important to us. We are happy to hear you had a good experience here. We will pass along all the feedback to our staff. We are sorry if the breakfast was not your satisfaction however; as advertised our breakfast is a cold self serve complimentary continental which do consist of toast, bagels at least four different cereal not including one that is Gluten Free as well as yogurt, muffins, crossiants, Danish, fruit and deli tray. All these are set up with unlimited help yourself tea, coffee, hot chocolate and/or juice. We do hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to our beautiful city. Thanks again for the review and have a wonderful day
2 night trip Aug 25, 2014
"Not worth the money"
Ugh. The hotel is across the street from a hospital. Not the park. You have to be buzzed in ( recommends the neighborhood doesn't it?). We waited for several minutes for the staff to let us in. We dealt with three different staff - one mediocre, one downright rude and one quite pleasant. Room was extremely small. Our tv didn't work. Quiet, though. Breakfast was typical. It absolutely is not worth what we paid. But Halifax is surprisingly expensive for a small city.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us. We do appreciate all feedback whether good or bad. So true we are directly across the street from the University and Hospital; however we are just two blocks away from the Public Gardens Park and the famous Spring Garden Road and shopping district. Again you are correct upon arrival you do have to ring the door bell at the Inn but after registration you have a key to come and go as a person please. The area we are located in has nothing to do with the door bell ringing, as we are an Inn staff is not always at the front office but can be busy doing other things and why have you wait at the desk when we can be alerted of arrival by the ring of a bell. We do apologize if this was an inconvenience for you. We were not alerted of any TV not working as these are all new just recently place in all rooms in May of 2014. We do hope you will come stay with us again in the future and let us give you the stay that meets with your expectations.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Staff seemed negative and scared; doors always locked; breakfast mediocre - staffing issue, seemed to hide food items as if they were afraid someone would take too much; hidden fees; bathroom drain filthy; air conditioner ran non-stop - too cold; missing pages in room directory; poor coffee service; will not return
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Friendly, comfortable, clean"
Away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown core so no party folks to contend with, this lovely B & B is a short walk to Spring Garden Road. With a light self-serve breakfast in the morning and tea in the late afternoon, this is a great maritime experience. I will stay here the next time I'm back in town.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
Thank you for submitting a review of our Inn. I am pleased to read you had a wonderful stay and thank you for choosing us. We do pride ourselves in providing a light buffet style breakfast and snacks in the evening. After a long day at sight seeing, I am glad you enjoyed a nice snack before turning in for the night. We do hope to welcome you again when in Halifax
5 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
Rob
"Wonderful spot in Halifax"
The service, room, and location were all outstanding. The staff were all very friendly and the room was very cozy with a good television and spacious bathroom. The only minor quibble is a lack of free parking on weekdays but if you are resourceful enough you can find nearby streets that you can park on overnight during the week.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
I thank you for writing a comment regarding your stay with us. We are glad you were happy with your stay. Thanks for the kind words and I will share your comments with all the staff.
3 night business trip Jun 12, 2014
Greg
Very nice. Very friendly service. Nice room in older but very well-maintained building. Easy walk to downtown and most things to see in the area.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
Thank you for your kind words and great rating. Likewise we cannot say enough about our wonderful guest.
1 night trip Jun 10, 2014

"Excelent hotel with Victorian charm"
I appreciated the cookies and tea as I arrived. The breakfast was very good.
1 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
"Great, friendly service at Garden South Park Inn"
Very accommodating and when they heard that it was our anniversary, they up-graded our room at no extra cost.
1 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
Kathryn
"Cozy and quiet"
Very nice staff, great breakfast, reasonable price!
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
Nice, simple, clean friendly place to stay. Mattress a bit soft but great shower facilities and friendly decor and staff. Definitely recommended.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
joanne
"Fair price but disappointing"
Décor and cleanliness was not what was expected. Lots of noise from traffic. Dining room was poorly laid out for the complimentary breakfast, selection was fair but spread out over the room and 4 different tables.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"stay somewhere cheaper..."
Beautiful place to stay but the walls are poorly insulated for sound and when other units turned on taps, it awoke me from my sleep. Very loud old piping system. Nice rain shower head though! :)
1 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
"Dirty and run down but good location"
There was an issue with the booking when I made the reservation and the staff person I talked to was quite rude but the person who checked me in was very polite and accommodating. Carpet in my room was worn with several obvious stains, hallways smelled like cigarette smoke and I found a hair on one of my towels. The water pressure in the shower was the worst that I have experienced at a hotel (or a hostel to be honest)- although there was a fancy rain shower head (useless without any water pressure). Breakfast was a basic continental spread (bagels/cereal/tea/coffee)- nothing spectacular but nothing to complain about.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"A place to stay with good value"
Overall, my experience at the Garden South Park Inn was good. While not the fanciest hotel, it was clean, comfortable, and provided a good value. Pros: simple continental breakfast, helpful staff, tea, coffee and cookies available during the day, tv and cable in the room, clean bathroom, lots of character, decent security (e.g., if you didn't have your room card, you have to ring the doorbell to get in), close to Dalhousie and shops and restaurants Cons: Walls were a bit thin (could hear the neighbours a bit, but it wasn't an issue), cable channel selection was a bit limited (some showed with a message that some channels weren't available--this could be more the cable company than the hotel itself)
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"1"
Room is quiet, hotel location is good
Response by Garden South Park Inn
I thank you for your review of our beautiful Inn. I am glad you found the Inn to be quiet we are indeed in a great location, whether you are here for pleasure or work. We do hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Halifax. Thanks again and have a nice day
1 night trip Jan 13, 2015
Lan
"Not impressed; won't stay again"
Room featured a weird mix of old and new. Rainfall shower was great. Room was noisy, and the sound of a large metal door opening and closing kept me up all night. I cut my stay short by one day because of this and the hotel staff asked no questions as to why. Housekeeping came in without knocking when I was trying unsuccessfully to catch up on sleep I didn't get the night before. Notifications from neighbors' Facebook pages were heard through multiple walls. The staff was completely disinterested in their work. I heard one of the housekeeping staff complain loudly to the front desk clerk, "You know what your problem is? You have absolutely no respect for me."
2 night trip Jan 2, 2015
"Great room for the price we paid!"
I booked this room because of the sale price and distance to the IWK Children's Hospital. Very short walk for my daughter. Lovely, old world inn. Very beautiful dinning room. My one complaint, the beds were not very comfortable. The linen was gorgeous, but the mattresses were very hard/inexpensive. Loved the video monitored parking.
2 night family trip Dec 17, 2014
melissa
"Clean, Affordable, Right Across from VG Hospital"
Stayed an extra night in Halifax and found the Garden South Park Inn to be very affordable. Only complaint would be my bed. Mattress was worn out. If the mattress was replaced would have rated 5 just based on price and cleanliness. Was okay for myself but I know my partner would have complained.
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
glen
"Attracive inn. Covenient loaction."
I spent little time there. I just used it for sleepintg and breakfast but it uis close to many restqaurants and shops and the public gardens which would be good in sumer.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Was a little disappointed with my stay as I had booked and paid more for a room with a jacuzzi tub and the room I was given didnt have this. Should have booked just the regular room on Expedia as that is what I got but at a higher price.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"100 percent satisfied"
Very nice it had every thing we wanted the Victorian style is beautiful
Response by Garden South Park Inn
Hello Doug I thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Inn and I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit to our beautiful city. We did appreciate your staying with us and do hope you will stay again on your next visit. Sincerely
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2014
doug
"Short stay"
Hotel was better than expected and staff really friendly, everything very clean and had a lovely stay.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
I thank you for your review of the Inn and is glad to know it was better than you had expected and you had a great stay. We do pride ourselves on having a friendly and informative staff as well as clean and comfortable rooms. The bathrooms also has an added feature in the rain shower in addition to the regular shower which I hope you had a chance to enjoy. Thanks again for staying with us and we do hope you will stay again on your next visit to our beautiful city.
2 night trip with friends Oct 27, 2014
"Convenient"
Located near a major hospital and some good restaurants near by . Try humani-T if you want a proper coffee with a trained Barista. It is located close to hotel
Response by Garden South Park Inn
I thank you for writing a review on our Inn and will certainly pass on your information to other guest and staff regarding the Humani -T café which is just a couple blocks away from the Inn, I did try it and was also pleased with the results. We do hope to see you again when you visit our beautiful city. Sincerely
3 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
MrCamster
"Good downtown location, but..."
This hotel was probably once a large house near downtown Halifax. My room was small. Soundproofing non-existent; I could hear the desk clerk coughing down the hall. Could hear every noise in the hallway. There was no desk so I could not comfortably work in my room. There was a hair in the sink, one in the toilet, and one in the bathtub. Bed was comfortable. Room was relatively inexpensive. But I won't stay there again.
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
"Nothing fancy, just right"
Room had A/C and heating, a mini fridge, a clean bathroom with slip-free tile, a Samsung tv, and a comfortable bed. What more do you need?
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"Close to downtown"
Nice and clean delicious breakfasts stayed over extra nite. Very friendly staff . Helpful in giving travel tips of the beautiful city .
Response by Garden South Park Inn
Hello I thank you for writing a review regarding your stay at our beautiful in while in the city and glad to know you extended your stay with us. We do pride ourselves in having a delicious continential breakfast with all home baked goods as well as a deli tray and several cereals and breads along with a bottomless coffee or tea. I will be sure to pass on the comments to all staff and hope you come to stay with us again on your next visit to our beautiful city.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
donna
"Rodent issue"
In the late evening we saw about four mice run through our room. They ran from the fireplace, around or under the bed, and under the door and out to the hallway. There was no food from our room so they were likely heading to the kitchen across the hall from our room. The reception desk was closed so we were unable to request another room for the night. I mentioned this situation to the staff as we checked out, but the lady I spoke with seemed doubtful. She apologized but didn't make an effort to learn more about what we found, or compensate us for the inconvenience. The hotel staff did accommodate the requests I made when placing the booking, if the rodent issue could be resolved it would have been a reasonable visit.
1 night family trip Oct 8, 2014
Rachel
"Great value"
Excellent hotel with great location. Staff friendly and accommodating. Would stay here again.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
I thank you for writing a great review regarding your stay at our beautiful Inn. We also enjoyed your staying with us and hope to see you again on your next visit to our beautiful city.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
JAK
"Nice hotel, I had the best room with jacuzzi"
Overall good experience, had nice room with good view and extra room with jacuzzi
Response by Garden South Park Inn
Thank you for taking the time to write a review we are so glad you found everything about your stay enjoyable, We do hope to see you again.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
AP
"Disappointing"
Although the inn has been renovated recently, we were disappointed in the quality provided at this price point. Our room furnishings were cheap and utilitarian; the view from our window was of the fire escape of the rooming house next door. Breakfast was self serve continental, and lacked the warmth and hospitality we had enjoyed in the B&B's we stayed in earlier in our vacation. There were no staff visible in the dining area, and guests were responsible for cleaning up after themselves. There is parking available, but only 7 spots for 21 rooms. There is metered parking available on the street (free on weekends), or across the street in the hospital lot across the street.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Patty
"Close to hospital and downtown, very quaint inn!"
Very efficient check in, helpful breakfast was continental but spacious room. We are staying there again.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
Thank you for writing a review on our Inn and share your experience. I am happy you found the check in efficient and enjoyed our continental breakfast in our front room. I will share your comments with all the staff and really appreciate your comments. I am glad to hear you will be back and look forward to welcoming you. Regards Marie
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Kathleen
"Quaint little Inn"
The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. Was very close to all the major tourist attractions and could walk down to the waterfront in minutes. Decor was a little like grandma's house but that was part of the charm.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Inn, I am pleased your found the staff friendly and the rooms clean, we are indeed proud of our staff as they do take pride in their work. I will be sure to share your comments with them. We do hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Halifax Regards Marie
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
"Very Close to Down Town Halifax"
It was next to a cemetery, well I don't know if it is a good or a bad thing, just saying, but it was maybe couple of kilometers to the boardwalk by the ocean.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
Thanks for writing a comment about our hotel it is much appreciated. We are indeed next to one of the oldest cemeteries in Halifax, with the first Prime Minister of Canada being buried there, it sure do have a lot of history, along with the little church being built in only one day. That along with our house being built in 1875 leads to lots of talk and history of our beautiful city. We do hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to our city. Best regards Marie
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Tolou
"Nice older building well redesigned."
A pleasant 4 day stay while sightseeing in Halifax
Response by Garden South Park Inn
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of our wonderful Inn and Staff. We are indeed close to all the festivities in the city with just a 15 minute walk to the waterfront and boardwalk. We also agree that we are a well designed older building (built in 1875) and therefore classified as a heritage property, that underwent complete renovations in 2013 and added a more modern look while keeping the heritage charm. I do hope you will visit again when in the city. Regards
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"Pleasant hotel, but away from waterfront"
A pleasant place to stay, but further away from the waterfront than I expected. Halifax is hilly and walking from lower areas such as the bus/train station is mostly upwards. A taxi is recommended. Reception closes at around 10pm so make arrangements if arriving late. Within two or three blocks there are quite a few restaurants and coffee shops, plus the city gardens and the citadel. For the waterfront area, be prepared to walk a much greater distance. Breakfast has plenty to offer and is served in an airy front room.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
Hello Allan I thank you for taking the time to write a comment about our wonderful Inn, I agree it is a little hilly walking up from the waterfront or the train station and do take approx. 15 minutes but still within a couple blocks to our famous Spring Garden Road entertainment street. We do apologize if the office closing at 11PM and late check in of guest up to 10:45PM, was an inconvenience to you; however, we can offer an extended check in time if advised in advance. We do hope you will allow us to accommodate you on your next visit to Halifax Regards
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Allan L
"Great staff and hotel"
We were arriving late after a long flight. The desk clerk waited for us after his shift was over and was so accommodating. Very comfy rooms and good breakfast. Centrally situated hotel close to restaurants. Not noisy.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
Hello Carol I thank you for taking the time to write your comments and review, we appreciate them; as well, we cannot say enough good things about our wonderful guests. We do hope you will return to the Inn on your next visit to Halifax and look forward to seeing you. Sincerely,
Satisfactory. The continental breakfast was only adequate.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
I thank you for taking the time to write a review on Expedia. We do pride ourselves in having a complimentary continental (more buffet style) breakfast and are open to any suggestions you might like to add, as we listen to all our guest needs. Our breakfast so consist of at least three different breads, & bagels along with Muffins & crossiants , these are made and baked on site here at the Inn therefore the warm smell and feel of home , we also have 4 - 5 different cereals including Gluten Free as well as a deli tray along with fresh fruit and juice. Coffee and tea are unlimited. I again thank you for your comments and hope you will come stay with us again when in Halifax.
4 night family trip Jul 7, 2014
"Beautiful Place to Stay"
The hotel is homey and cozy. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The location is exceptional, the waterfront is no more than a 10 minute walk as is the Citadel and the Public Gardens. So much to do an see in such a small area. The Continental Breakfast was an added plus.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
Hello April I thank for your comments and we are glad you were happy with your stay at the Inn. We are proud to say w do offer a great extended complimentary continential breakfast to our guest as well as evening coffee, tea and snacks which I hope you did take advantage off as well. I will be sure to pass on the comments to all the staff and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
4 night trip Jun 21, 2014
April
"Everything is bad in here"
They still own me 24$!!!
Response by Garden South Park Inn
Hello I am sorry to hear that your stay at our Inn was not ideal. I admit that I am surprised to see you were overcharged as this is not our policy here. I will definitely follow up to see if any person was incorrectly charged. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
2 night business trip Jun 19, 2014
"1km from Point pleasant park"
Visiting daughter at Dalhousie University. The hotel is across from hospital and it is a bit noisy at night, but the room itself was clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was OK, yogurt, muffins, croissant, cereal, toast...nothing fancy but enough to get you on your way.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
I thank you for your comments and glad you had a wonderful visit with your daughter. You are correct we are across the street from one of the hospitals in Halifax as well as a nearby fire department and two universities. Point Pleasant Park is beautiful and located close by so a person can enjoy their evening or early morning walk or jog. While there you can also enjoy overlooking the beautiful harbour while watching the ships coming and going. I will pass along the room comments to our housekeeping staff as they do take pride in making sure all rooms are clean and comfortable. Thanks again and we do hope to see you on your next visit to our beautiful city.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Laro
"Convenient location"
Should be advertised as a bed and breakfast rather than a hotel/motel. Parking is 12 dollars extra. Building can only be accessed from front door. .....Aside from these small little things, I enjoyed my stay. Very friendly and helpful staff clean and full functioning room. I would stay again and would recommend to others.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
Thank you for your kind words about our staff I will be sure to share the information with them. Due to the number of rooms we are classified as an Inn or small hotel and not a B & B; however we do offer a complimentary continential breakfast which makes it seem more of a B & B, with the rather great smells of home baking. We do hope to see you on your next visit to Halifax. Sincerely, Marie
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Nice hotel close to downtown"
I have stayed there for four nights. I loved everything over there, all nice touches, such as wrapped candy in the lobby all the times, cookies and hot coffee in the evenings. The breakfast was very good, fresh, and muffins were backed daily. The rooms are clean and comfortable. VERY VERY VERY great and friendly staff. Look forward to staying there again.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of our wonderful Inn and Staff. We do indeed have a good continental breakfast with all of our muffins, crossiants etc baked at the Inn thus the warm smell when you do arrive. I will be sure to pass this information on to all the staff and we do look forward to having you stay with us again. Regards
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
"Waited Up For Us"
The Garden South Park Inn met our expectations. But the big difference for us was that we had missed our original flight and only got in at 2 am, but someone was there to take proper care of us. When you've spent half your day on a trans-Atlantic flight and the other half waiting in an airport, such moments are important. We'd stay there again.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
I thank you so much for your kind words and great rating. It is rewarding when a guest do mention the kindness of our staff, I can imagine how tireing it is when you have a long flight. We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you again. I will certainly share this information with all of our staff. Marie
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Horrible Mattress"
I stayed here before and it was okay but this time my experience was terrible. The room was fine but the mattress was old and tired. The sheets wouldn't even fit properly on it. With two people, there was a sag in the middle and we both got up in the morning after a terrible time trying to sleep. We had a three night booking but we booked at another hotel and moved out after one night. Never again. The owners should be ashamed of themselves.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. All feedback whether good or bad presents us with the opportunity to make improvements. We do hope you would give us an opportunity to provide you with a stay in the future that will meet with your expectations.
3 night trip May 21, 2014
Allan Nelson
"Very convenient"
Felt like a home. Close to hospitals. Check in by 11 pm
Response by Garden South Park Inn
I thank you for your review and glad to know you enjoyed the Garden South Park Inn as much as we enjoyed having you stay with us. We are indeed in a great location and are proud of all our staff. I will be sure to pass along the comments to all staff and hope we can welcome you back again.
Other trip May 13, 2014
janet
"Convenient, Quiet, Comfortable"
Stayed for one night. Room was clean, quiet and well equipped for my needs. Inn is located in a busy neighborhood with many restaurants and services within walking distance. Parking lot across the street is much cheaper than other reviewers have reported.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
We thank you for your feedback. I will pass the information to all staff.
1 night business trip Mar 29, 2014
"Nice, cozy hotel."
I'm just writing to fill in the minimum required character count.
Response by Garden South Park Inn
I thank you for your visit and the time you took to complete your review. Regards
Other trip Mar 17, 2014

"escale en hiver"
étape d'une nuit lors d'un voyage canadien et où j'ai apprécié le calme des lieux et la gentillesse du personnel
1 night trip Feb 26, 2015