All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1906 Haro Street, Vancouver, BC, V6G 1H7, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great budget-friendly option"
This hotel was a wonderful find - located in the West End, it's just a couple of blocks from Stanley Park and the restaurants on Denman and Robson, and a 10 minute walk from English Bay Beach. The hotel itself had a European backpacker lodging vibe - clean, comfortable, well-priced, no frills. We opted for a double room with shared bathroom facilities, and had no trouble accessing the facilities when we needed. Staff were friendly and helpful, going out of their way to give directions, recommendations, and even storing our luggage after check-out so we didn't have to carry it around the city before our flight.
6 night trip with friends Jun 15, 2015
Rebecca
"Adequate, but not comfortable"
We stayed for just one night. We had a place to sleep, which of course, we needed. However, I was not aware upon booking that there was no elevator, no telephone and no air conditioning. The hotel staff was nice, but they were unable to put me in a room on the first or second floors despite my physical limitations. The room they gave us (I had requested two twin beds, but they may not have had that set-up) had one queen sized bed, and it was really, uncomfortably hot...probably above 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Granted, the temperature is not usually that hot in Vancouver, but outside it was perfectly comfortable. There was a fan but only one window, so the air did not circulate. Thankfully, the staff brought our bags up and down from the third floor. There were lots of nice places to eat on a nearby street.
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
Carolyn
"Quiet Neighborhood Hotel"
The hotel is in a wonderful quiet neighborhood walking distance from Stanley Park and shopping. The weather was very warm during our stay and our room/the hotel became very hot. There is a small fan in the room, no AC. The room was very clean and comfortable. I would say this hotel is like a glamorous hostel- private rooms, tv, nicer bed all with the bathroom and shower down the hall. During our stay we didn't spend much time in the hotel other than sleeping. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Rachel
"Great value for money - good location clean rooms"
Great location with loads of restaurants around. Easy walk to Stanley park. Very friendly staff that gave great recommendations on where to eat. Practical living room to hang around at night. Great value for money. Rooms are basic but clean
2 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"Good value, great location"
This is an older, budget hotel in a prime location close to Stanley Park. Staff was extremely helpful, and the free wifi worked well. While the neighborhood seemed generally quiet during the day, we found it necessary to open the windows for circulation, and there were noisy people on the street the one night we stayed. Also, our "large queen" room was located right off the stairwell, so we also got foot traffic noise. Overall though, it was a good value for the location.
1 night romance trip May 12, 2015
Cynthia
"Great Hotel to stay at."
I loved the Buchan Hotel and it's wonderful old style. It's located in a great part of Vancouver and I felt safe walking around the neighborhood at night. I was very appreciative of the parking space I was able to get and I felt very comfortable leaving my car for the night. The staff was very friendly and super helpful when I was trying to find a location I needed to get to the next day. I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again when I come up to visit friends...
1 night trip with friends May 17, 2015
"www"
A wonderful stay
1 night trip with friends May 11, 2015
"Staff"
The staff was not very helpful in finding restaurants or things to do in the area. They were also never confident when giving directions.
3 night romance trip May 11, 2015
"Hidden gem"
Fantastic area near Stanley Park. Hotel staff was very nice and helped us find things to do and places to go. No nearby rail station, so you either have to take the bus (very close to hotel), rent a car, ride a bike, or walk to get around. We walked everywhere and it was a great way to look at the sights.
2 night romance trip May 6, 2015
Becky
"Good budget hotel"
2 night weekday stay. Very lovely neighborhood, a 5 minute walk from Stanley Park and tons of restaurants and bars. This is a perfect location for people who want easy access to downtown, the beach, the park, the grocery store and everything else. Hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. Hotel is an old building, so don't expect fancy modern amenities. Our room was simple, firm mattress, clean with new paint and carpet. I would probably not stay here in the summer due to lack of air conditioning and the fact that the building is old, it will probably feel like a furnace; but I don't know for sure.
Response by The Buchan Hotel
Thank you so much! I'm a big fan of this neighborhood as well. You are right about The Buchan being warm in the summertime. Fortunately, most summers Vancouver doesn't get exceedingly warm, and we are also trying to adapt our rooms to be a little cooler.
2 night romance trip Mar 23, 2015
rachael
"Cute Hotel"
Loved it!! Pictures are true to what it looks like. Older but remodeled. Loved the radiators!! No elevator but it was fine for us. Close walking distance to restaurants. Can't beat the affordable price!
2 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2015
Kathleen
Great service, clean rooms. Excellent location. Good price.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
mayra
"Hotel"
It was decent for the price. Bathrooms are not in your room they're down the hall. You get a sink and mirror in your room. There's like 4 rooms with a toilet and shower in each room, across the hall. So the toilet and shower are in the same room. I didn't have to wait to use the bathrooms. Parking can be kind of confusing if you're from the U.S. They have "No parking" signs on the street and that means you can't park Between 2 "No Parking" signs. I was able to find street parking overnight and then you get 2 hours free the next day from 9am-11am.
Response by The Buchan Hotel
Thank you so much for your review. The hotel is 30 rooms with bathroom and shower, 30 rooms with shared bathroom and shower. We do charge a premium of $10 for the bathroom and shower in the off season. Next time you're in Vancouver, let me know and we'll set you up with one!. I agree the parking can be confusing, I've lived here 25 years and I still have to read the signs carefully. We do have some parking available for guests at a rate of $10 per night.
1 night trip Mar 5, 2015
"Beautiful place, perfect location."
This is an amazing hotel, in an ideal location. 2-minute walk to water/mountain views on either side. 3-minute walk to Stanley Park, 5-minute walk to Robson Street. The walls are thin, so we heard muffled conversations and bumping into walls. But if that doesn't bother you, and you're looking for a cheap place that still feels safe, clean, and walkable, you're not going to find a better place than this. No frills included, but they have wifi, a nice lounge/library room, hot coffee around the clock, and parking available for a small fee. I will absolutely stay here again!
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Like a room without a roof (so HAPPY!)"
A perfect home base for a 2-day adventure w/ my son. Location, location, location. Staff was kind and accommodating, room and building were clean, price very reasonable. Yes, parking is a challenge, and the older building has stairs without an elevator/lift. True, our room was smallish, and a bit crowded. If status and luxury are important, and you have money to spend, you'll want to look elsewhere. As for my son and I; we'll look forward to returning to the Buchan!
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Todd
"Good location, shared bathrooms but was affordable"
Good location next to Stanley Park and walking distance to Robson Street shopping. Was surprised and disappointed to learn the bathrooms and showers are shared by everyone on the floor - single stalls for toilets and showers. The building smelled strongly of urine covered by potpourri an is older (built in 1927) so had a lot of wear and tear, but some interesting character. We got used to all I these things on our stay of 3 nights but I wouldn't tell anyone I know to go stay there.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Has charm but not a lot of space"
The rooms were pretty small -- just barely held 2 double beds and it was a squeeze for our family of four. It's an older building, which gives it charm but not a lot of space. Great location near a lot of good restaurants and Stanley Park.
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
"Solid"
Solid choice for the price. In a great area close to Stanley Park and tons of great restaurants.
3 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2014
Miichael
"Comfort of a hotel with the "feel" of a hostel."
We had a great time at this hotel. Staff is friendly, room is what I expected for the price. It's a bit old but not dirty or run-down and it kind of adds to the charm. Trying to find parking is like playing musical chairs with the other cars circling around the streets but eventually we succeeded each night. There are tiny little parking signs that are sometimes confusing. A lot of stalls are for permit holders only and the rest is for 2 hours only unless after 6 or 8pm. Hotel does offer parking for only $10 a day. Buchan is a bit in between a hotel and a hostel. It has a nice community room with activity flyers and free coffee, like at a hostel, but it has the privacy and the cleanliness of a hotel, free towels, soaps/shampoo and room service.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Decent hotel in a nice area"
The Buchan Hotel is quaint and relaxed. It is in an older building but rooms are clean and facilities are adequate. The lobby/reception area is cozy and warm. I found it to be a comfortable place to read. The staff were very friendly, courteous, and helpful. Location is close to a variety of dining options.
"Excellent location, 1block from Stanley Park."
Quiet neighborhood, helpful staff, clean rooms, great location near Stanley park and beaches, what more could you ask for.l
"Nice price and location."
We came into town to run a half marathon. We weren't looking for anything fancy -the price was nice and it was close to the finish line. The staff was very friendly.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
CC
"Great place!"
The hotel is in an older building, built in 1926, My room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. It is located in a nice neighborhood, convenient to many restaurants and two bus stops within walking distance. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My only regret is that there is no breakfast at the hotel.
4 night business trip Oct 18, 2014
No bathroom in hotel room was super annoying.
3 night business trip Oct 18, 2014
Jon
"Great staff and location"
I stayed there for 11 nights and I can't think of a better location to syay in while in Vancouver.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Affordable and Comfortable Accommodations"
This is a very comfortable hotel in a nice neighborhood. The condition of the hotel is consistent with the pictures and everyone was helpful and friendly. Nearby there are many small ethnic restaurants to sample and the beautiful Stanley Park. I would definitely stay here again when my travel takes me to Vancouver.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
Chuck
Very nice neighborhood at walking distance from Stanley park
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Love the West End area of Vancouver"
The Buchan is, for lack of better words, quaint. Certainly not a modern hotel, it is located in a neighborhood of small apartment and condo buildings. Very nice neighborhood, but parking was difficult. We had to park down the road at a pay lot. Problem with the pay lot is that you can only pay for your overnight stay through 6am the following morning. After paying the parking fee, we ended up being lucky to find free street parking for the night just a few buildings down the street. We did love walking down to the waterfront, visiting stores and restaurants on Robson street, and the proximity of the Buchan to Stanley Park (just about 1 block away). The room was clean, the bathroom was tiny, but sufficient, and the staff was friendly.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Dan D.
"Good Location - Older Hotel, Pros/Cons"
Pros: Good location - nice residential area close to Stanley Park and plenty of food places. Just off one of the main shopping streets (Robson). Good Service - everyone at the front desk was very nice and helpful, especially with directions and bus lines. Overall hotel was clean. Cons: Older Hotel - needs some updates: some of the paint was peeling in the room. Room had very small washroom and some floor tiles were cracked/loose. Bed was VERY firm - woke up 2nd day needing to stretch quite a bit. No air conditioning but the weather was nice (late Sept.) - left the small window in the washroom open.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
J&C
"really good location."
Very good experience overall. The location is superb very close to Stanley park. The area has lots of great restaurants and bars.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Jay
"Old and not like the pictures at all."
The best thing about the hotel was the water pressure in the shower but that hotel needs a major overhaul and remodel. It's old, the floors creek everywhere. Zero sound proofing so it's impossible to sleep in. Maybe I expected more for 150/night. I've not stayed downtown much before.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
jay
"Very friendly staff!"
I had to share my bathroom with some others in the hall, but it wasn't too bad! I enjoyed my stay there. The staff made you very welcome and cozy!
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Older hotel with all of the pluses and minuses"
The location is great - close to Stanley Park and several very good restaurants as well as the rest of the downtown area. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The hotel is old. That means great touches like wide wooden hallways, crown moldings and a large reading room that is kept stocked with the local papers. It also means no elevator (but there are only 3 floors), no a/c, and apparently virtually no insulation in the attic. We were on the third floor and while the outside temperatures were only in the high 70's (F) the room was at least 10 degrees warmer and the ceiling was very warm to the touch. Also, oddly for an older hotel, the walls let a lot of sound through from the adjoining rooms (we could distinctly hear conversations and TV dialogs).
3 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Blake L
"Clean and Cozy"
A no frills, unpretentious, and charming hotel with a really nice staff. Very comfortable rooms and lobby area and close to many restaurants and activities. Great home base for walkers. It suited us perfectly.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Deborah
"Just the basics"
Clean, comfortable, nice neighborhood and convenient for an overnight stay or a base for sightseers, pleasant front desk staff, parking a bit of a challenge but manageable, TV impossible for me to operate. No phone in room. Met my expectations for the price and a bonus to be so near Stanley Park.
1 night trip with friends Sep 9, 2014
dj
"Budget Hotel"
This is simply a budget hotel. It is located in the West End, which is a nice area of Vancouver with lots of nearby restaurants and cafes. It is also walkable from the busy downtown area and adjacent to the beautiful Stanley Park. All in all, an excellent location. That said, it is not a great hotel. I felt like I was in a dormatory with the rooms located along a drab hallway. The room itself was small and also rather drab. The bathroom was fine. The service was fine. Very simply, it is a budget hotel.
3 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2014
Andy
"Nice neighborhood"
Great tree lined neighborhood near Stanley Park. Older hotel, but certainly adequate for a short stay. Bike rentals available nearby and lots of restaurants within walking distance. The Italian restaurant next door had excellent food and service.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
excellent location--near tons of restaurants with a wide variety of food as well as a Safeway grocery store. It's also near Stanley Park and only a short bus ride or a comfortable walk into downtown Vancouver. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean and comfortable.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Beautiful place with excellent location and price.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"Great location-simple hotel!!"
Hotel was clean, bed comfortable, great location to Stanley Park. It is an older hotel so you must take that into consideration. Highly recommend--great price!
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
C&T Ho
"Old but OK"
The place is old and looks more like a dorm. There is no elevator; we had to climb to the 2nd floor with the luggage. Inside there was no air conditioner. However, we were in a very good neighborhood, just blocks away from Stanley Park (a major attraction in Vancouver), and a lot of very nice restaurants on Denman St. The rooms were clean, the staff were very helpful, the wi-fi was free, and it was less expensive than the alternatives.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Great neighborhood"
Very friendly hotel staff, great location, and comfy bed. The only thing I was not pleased with was the shower situation. There was a toilet and sink in my private bath, but no shower. This will not bode well for those who fear germs.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Megan
"could walk to everything we wanted to do"
We really enjoyed our stay there. It's a unique old hotel in a quiet neighborhood. We were able to walk to Stanley Park, the waterfront, restaurants, coffee houses and shopping. The staff was helpful and pleasant. We were very pleased with our stay there!
4 night romance trip Jul 20, 2014
Ken and Mary Ann
"Good stay"
Great location. Hotel was very clean. Economical.
2 night family trip Jul 14, 2014
"Nice hotel in a great area!"
Our stay at the The Buchan was great . We stayed for 4 days and enjoyed it very much. We will definitely be back!
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Danielle
Nice but old..
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
"Quaint hotel in a residential area by Stanley Park"
Booked this place during three day weekend trip to Vancouver with family. The hotel is in a residential area which has it's positives and negatives. The hotel is slightly hard to find (if you have GPS or looked up directions, it's fine) and is difficult. They have a paid parking lot but when we got there (around 8:00 PM), it was already full so we had to park in the street. The plus side is that it is very quiet at night and you don't really have to worry about shady people walking around at night (well, relatively speaking). My dad is a very light sleeper and has difficulty sleeping outside of our home but he had no problem that night. The staff, both during check in and check out were friendly and informative. The facility and rooms looked recently renovated and clean. The bathrooms were somewhat uncomfortable due to being small. The economy rooms do not have private bathrooms but do have sinks in them to wash up, which was nice. Overall, the
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Hyun
"Older hotel but in good quiet neighborhood"
It is more like an hostel. Need to share bathroom with others on the whole floor. Parking is limited but public transportation is adaquate and bus to downtown runs every 10 minutes or so and there are plants resturant within walking distance but no fancy shopping. Good and close in to parks and beaches. Good value for the stay. Seem pretty safe around the area.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
weekender
"Quaint - a step back in time."
Overall, great location, quaint, nostalgic feel - set back in time. Clean room.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2014
"Good location, very quiet area"
Not expansive, and older building but in a very close in location to Stanley park and English Bay. Good walk around and DT bus runs 5-10 minutes a bus. Parking is very limited and could be issues with in and out frequent trips if you do not have a spot.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014