All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Poor vibe
    Bad breakfast
"Exactly what we Wanted!"
Only stayed one night, but it was great. Room was exactly as described, and no issues came up. Loved the charm and originality of the hotel.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2016
"Great location, friendly service, needs updating"
We loved the location and staff was warm and friendly. There is also a cozy library / study that's great for relaxing. Rooms are small but very clean. We had issues with hot water, our TV wouldn't turn on half the time, the paint was scratched and peeling... just made a cozy room look budget. Parking was inconvenient - but that usually comes with hotels in locations like this; it wasn't much of an issue.
2 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2015
Bryan
"Great hotel for the price and location is phenomen"
I knew from the ratings that this hotel wasn't the most desirable for amenities or poshness but for the price and location, one could not ask for more.
Other trip Dec 30, 2015
Don
"Pleasant surprise!"
I had minimal expectations because of the low price. Pleasantly surprised!
1 night trip Nov 26, 2015
"Great value European comfort"
I will always stay here- great value and incredible location- on a quiet street but near enough to downtown and Stanley Park to walk almost everywhere. Perfect location for using public transportation or walking. I love that the hotel is like in Europe or other countries and not like Travelodge. When we checked in late and parking was sold out, the clerk called and arranged to get the manager's parking spot for us. I will definitely come back.
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2015
"Very good for its price"
The room was clean and quiet. It was really good for its price
3 night trip Sep 27, 2015
Takuya
"Great Value"
The Buchan Hotel is in a great neighborhood - steps from Stanley Park. Very basic but it was everything we needed for our stay. Great value!
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
"Good location and reasonable price."
We had wanted to be near Stanley Park, and we were! Just make sure you know which type of bath you are booking (shared or ensuite) Close to lots of restaurants and busses to anywhere. We didn't rent a car, so needed the busses and walking capability.
3 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
Harry
"Excellent Location, Clean Facility;"
Can't beat the location, price, cleanliness and friendliness of this little hotel. Downside is "no elevators and no private toilet and shower." If you can pretend you are staying at the home of relatives, or at a dormitory in college (as we did), you will make our fine. The location, price and cleanliness helped to make the shortcomings palatable. We would stay here again.
3 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
Wilhelmenia
"Good choice!"
Great location. Quiet neighborhood. Very friendly accommodating staff.
2 night romance trip Sep 15, 2015
"couvorVan"
We appreciated notice of parking limitations the evening of arrival.
2 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
"Bad experience"
The hotel is well located but it is uncomfortable. The room smells old and there is no parking facilities. It was a nightmare to find a place to park. I never come back.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
Juan
"Very sufficient for a place to sleep"
The hotel was very sufficient for one or two nights' stay. Pay close attention to whether the room you book has a private bathroom or not, as the were three (fairly cramped) shared bathrooms with one shower between them for around a dozen rooms. I paid the rate for a double room, because that's all that was available, but was given a single. Since it was just me, it wasn't that big of a deal, but I'm still irritated that I paid a higher rate.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Nate
"So so stay."
Short but they were helpful and nice. I didn't realize that the rooms didn't have private bathroom and showers until I got there. Very old but very clean and cozy. I'm not opposed to possibly staying there again now that I know what to expect. Great location though.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2015
Alec
Great location, clean rooms. Very good value for the type of hotel, i.e., small hotel with shared bathrooms.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
"Quirky cute hotel"
Short stay; clean room; shared shower was easy enough to deal with (pack a robe and flip-flops). Digital cable box kept cutting out (which was super annoying) -- eventually just switched it with an older analog box that they had (I'm guessing this is a common occurrence). Overall, a cute alternative to the monstrous hotels of downtown.
3 night business trip Aug 8, 2015
"Ok Hotel"
We were on 3rd floor. No internet in the room. Summertime and the room was hot. Comparable to an older city hotel in Europe with small rooms and minimal amenities. Close to Stanley Park, shops and restaurants.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"We'd stay there again."
Great hotel where we would stay again. Location near the park and within walking distance of downtown. The only two negatives - no elevator and no A/C are things it can't overcome and honestly didn't bother us given how much we liked everything else. Staff is extremely helpful.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"The neighborhood is best in the city"
Funky little hotel. Reminds me of a two or three star European style older hotel. Terrible beds little toilets stalls down the hall one shared shower "closet " down the hall..... So the virtues...the neighborhood is fantastic. Probably the best location in the downtown. Two blocks from Stanley park that is amazingly beautiful. The street it's located on is quiet and two blocks down from denman st. This is a wonderful local area that has great restaurants shops and pubs coffee houses ... I love this neighborhood. Restaurant prices at very low prices. I was amazed at the pricing ..walking down denman takes you quickly to the other water shoreline with a beautiful.... Actual tropical looking beach (planted w Palm trees and flowers looking Mediterranean or Californian ). The Stanley park side going the opposite way on denman is wonderful water marina views of the downtown which to me seems likes view of a mini hong kong city view... I love this city and would come back and stay here again for just the area and this affordable place to stay. Just know it's not luxury, a step up from a hostel but for just a base ...works fine.
1 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2015
Roger
Terrible service and disgusting rooms. No showers and stinky rooms with gross furniture. never again. dont waste your money or your time
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Nice location. Close to Stanley Park"
Close to the park and plenty of restaurants. Very friendly staff and clean rooms.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Quaint Seattle Hotel"
This is an old hotel. There are no elevators but the staff will help you carry bags to your room. There is no air-conditioning or phones. It was ok for one night but I don't think i would stay any longer.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"great deal and location"
The location was great. Nearby the beach and the restaurants. The staff upgraded the room which was very kind. The beds were confortable.
5 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
Ullisses
Great location and good price! But the noise level of room was not good because restaurant located just next to the hotel. There was no restaurant in the hotel, but no problem! There were so many great restaurant in the street, just 5 to 10 minutes by walk. No need for rent a car. Rental center for bicycle locates near from hotel. You can walk to the Stanley park and English Bay by walk. I will stay in this hotel again this fall.
3 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Su Min
Price? Reasonable. Staff? Helpful. Location? Outstanding. Would have been a really great stay, except that the room didn't have air conditioning. First time I have stayed in a hotel that used a fan as it's cooling operation. I get that it's not wildly hot in Vancouver, but third floor rooms were just flat uncomfortable. Everything else about the experience was really, really good. Honestly, I would probably stay again, but I'd pay a lot more attention to alternatives in the area.
1 night trip with friends Jul 7, 2015
Jeremy
The hotel is right downtown and two blocks from Standly Park. Very clean and within walking distance of downtown, metro service. For the money the best in the area. The neighborhood is quiet.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Harold
"If I had a choice I would have stayed elsewhere"
The paring situation was horrible and the hotel did not have enough parking spaces to rent for guests. The hotel is very old.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
anna
"Funky Old Hotel for Fun Stay"
The Buchan Hotel is an older hotel with creaky wood floors. It is a fun place to stay with a homelike atmosphere. The only thing lacking is air conditioning. I stayed there in early July when it was very hot outside. The hotel staff provided lots of fans and I found that a fan on low in front of the open window was sufficient to make the room comfortable. The staff helped me take my luggage up the stairs. They also kept our fruit in their refrigerator so it was fresh. My friend's room had old tile in the bathroom, while my room next door had been recently updated. We were very happy to stay in such a quiet neighborhood near Stanley Park. It was an excellent location to walk to restaurants, coffee shops, the waterfront, or the park. I would go back.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
The Buchan Hotel has a fantastic location adjacent to number restaurants, shops, and the beautiful Stanley Park. It's also within 15 - 45 minutes walking distance of numerous attractions including the Vancouver Aquarium, the Totem Poles, the English Bay, and more.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"No A/C and very few services are provided."
This hotel was a disappointment. While the description is accurate on the website, what it doesn't tell you is that there isn't A/C in the hotel and during summer, it is very hot in the room. The fans don't really help. There aren't phones in the room and you have to use a pay phone in the lobby. Also, they don't allow you to keep any food in the room. They say it's for your safety on the room door, but when you ask them why, they tell you that it's because they don't like crumbs in the room! I thought that's why they have housekeeping...to vacuum up crumbs. If you have food, you much check it in to them and you can pick it up with a claim receipt. The shared toilets and showers are shared between 20 rooms and they're at the very end of the hall. The only redeeming factor was one staff named John who helped us carry our bags up the stairs since there is no elevator and we had to drop off our bags at the curb since there are only 8 parking spaces for all 61 rooms and we had to park 2 blocks away and walk back. The other staff member was not very friendly but John was very kind an even gave us our 50-cent pay phone fee back since we were told by the other guy that we couldn't use the hotel phone and had to use the pay phone to make a local call. He felt bad for us and said we shouldn't have had to pay for a call.
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
Lindsey
"Inexpensive accommodation in Stanley park area"
This hotel has an awesome location. I took the Skytrain from the airport to vancouver city centre and the Robson bus to the end of Haro St. Attractive neighbourhood. Lots to do in the area. Very close to Stanley Park, bike rentals, big local grocery store, lots of cafes and restaurants. Vancouver was having an unusual heat wave so air conditioning is not in the hotel. I used the ceiling fan and a desk top fan. The shared toilets and showers were always free when I wanted to use them. I am healthy and had no problem with doing stairs to third floor. Perhaps not a good choice for anyone with mobility problems as you must do stairs to enter hotel. Lots of people on the streets every night so I felt very safe walking and on the bus/ skytrain. Free coffee and pleasant staff. Room very clean.
3 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
E Kim
"Great location and great staff...marginal rooms"
The hotel staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. The hotel is an inner city, older building and the rooms are small and barren. The bathroom is small and the shower head needs replacing, but for a two night inner city stay, it was just fine.
2 night trip Jun 25, 2015
Eva
"Great budget-friendly option"
This hotel was a wonderful find - located in the West End, it's just a couple of blocks from Stanley Park and the restaurants on Denman and Robson, and a 10 minute walk from English Bay Beach. The hotel itself had a European backpacker lodging vibe - clean, comfortable, well-priced, no frills. We opted for a double room with shared bathroom facilities, and had no trouble accessing the facilities when we needed. Staff were friendly and helpful, going out of their way to give directions, recommendations, and even storing our luggage after check-out so we didn't have to carry it around the city before our flight.
6 night trip with friends Jun 15, 2015
Rebecca
"Decent hotel in a calm residential location"
I stayed for one night and I had a very good time, from easy check-in to a clean room and a good night sleep. The facilities are minimal to the extent sufficient for a few nights stay and close to the attractions.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
Ramesh
"a little expensive but close to everything"
our room has private bathroom with extra money. Have to use shared bathroom otherwise. 3 story building without a lift. Only 7 parking spots in the next building with $10 Canadian dollars per day. Only coffee is served in the morning. Our first morning had no coffee at all after a little past 9am. Street parking is only allowed on one side of the street with limited 2 hours parking.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
j
Outside of sharing the bathroom and no AC it was a cozy unique European feel hotel in a great location. Was in a neighborhood close to the water, lots of restaurants and a beautiful park! Very relaxing. Would go back!
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
Dee
"Adequate, but not comfortable"
We stayed for just one night. We had a place to sleep, which of course, we needed. However, I was not aware upon booking that there was no elevator, no telephone and no air conditioning. The hotel staff was nice, but they were unable to put me in a room on the first or second floors despite my physical limitations. The room they gave us (I had requested two twin beds, but they may not have had that set-up) had one queen sized bed, and it was really, uncomfortably hot...probably above 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Granted, the temperature is not usually that hot in Vancouver, but outside it was perfectly comfortable. There was a fan but only one window, so the air did not circulate. Thankfully, the staff brought our bags up and down from the third floor. There were lots of nice places to eat on a nearby street.
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
Carolyn
"Quiet Neighborhood Hotel"
The hotel is in a wonderful quiet neighborhood walking distance from Stanley Park and shopping. The weather was very warm during our stay and our room/the hotel became very hot. There is a small fan in the room, no AC. The room was very clean and comfortable. I would say this hotel is like a glamorous hostel- private rooms, tv, nicer bed all with the bathroom and shower down the hall. During our stay we didn't spend much time in the hotel other than sleeping. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Rachel
"Great value for money - good location clean rooms"
Great location with loads of restaurants around. Easy walk to Stanley park. Very friendly staff that gave great recommendations on where to eat. Practical living room to hang around at night. Great value for money. Rooms are basic but clean
2 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"nice place to staty"
What a great find. We stayed here the night before our cruise. There is no elevator so be prepared to carry luggage if you are not on the first floor. It is close to restaurants and shops and about 2 blocks from Stanley Park. The rhododendrons were in bloom and it was beautiful. Public transportation is about a block away. We would stay here again if given a chance.
Other trip May 30, 2015
dachydads
Nice hotel. Very clean and has all essentials. Just wished they had a hair dryer, an iron board and a comfy mattress
Other trip May 26, 2015
nikki
"Good value, great location"
This is an older, budget hotel in a prime location close to Stanley Park. Staff was extremely helpful, and the free wifi worked well. While the neighborhood seemed generally quiet during the day, we found it necessary to open the windows for circulation, and there were noisy people on the street the one night we stayed. Also, our "large queen" room was located right off the stairwell, so we also got foot traffic noise. Overall though, it was a good value for the location.
1 night romance trip May 12, 2015
Cynthia
"Perfect Budget Hotel - Great Value/Neighborhood"
Really enjoyed our stay at the Buchan. It is nothing fancy, but sometimes that is not what you need. You just need a place with helpful staff, a clean, comfortable room - and an affordable price so you can use your hard earned money for the other spoils of travel - food, entertainment, sight seeing, transportation, and shopping. Would definitely come back to stay with them again!
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Great Hotel to stay at."
I loved the Buchan Hotel and it's wonderful old style. It's located in a great part of Vancouver and I felt safe walking around the neighborhood at night. I was very appreciative of the parking space I was able to get and I felt very comfortable leaving my car for the night. The staff was very friendly and super helpful when I was trying to find a location I needed to get to the next day. I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again when I come up to visit friends...
1 night trip with friends May 17, 2015
"www"
A wonderful stay
1 night trip with friends May 11, 2015
"Staff"
The staff was not very helpful in finding restaurants or things to do in the area. They were also never confident when giving directions.
3 night romance trip May 11, 2015
"Hidden gem"
Fantastic area near Stanley Park. Hotel staff was very nice and helped us find things to do and places to go. No nearby rail station, so you either have to take the bus (very close to hotel), rent a car, ride a bike, or walk to get around. We walked everywhere and it was a great way to look at the sights.
2 night romance trip May 6, 2015
Becky
"Econmic hotel for staying short time"
We booked this hotel for its price and location. We were aware that the bathroom was shared, however, we did not realize that the two bathrooms were shared with the guests from the whole floor. The hotel was fairly clean and staff members were helpful and friendly. The hotel was quite old and we can not use the TV remote to change channel as the signal box was hiden behind the TV.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Clean, efficient and great location."
The Buchan is a great value. Located a couple of blocks from Stanley Park and walkable or a short cab ride to downtown it is a wonderful location. This is a no frills hotel but the room even though small was spotless with modern linens, newer TV and solid WiFi. If you are traveling alone and need a clean reasonable place to stay at a price half of what a major hotel would charge, consider The Buchan.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Jerry
"Excellent location"
The hotel is out of date - those wanting new and flash will not be happy here. But it is so well located, quite clean and useable that I had a fine time.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015