All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1018 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1L5, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Awesome experience while staying here"
This is the best place in Vancouver downtown you can stay for what ever you pay for. This place is right in middle of Granville Street which is disco/party hub. Best place to stay even if you are travelling in group. You get to meet so many new people from all around the world. I shared my room with six other people all of them super nice.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2015
Ashish
"Glad I took a chance on them"
Had a great time but it is a Hostel type hotel. People were really friendly and there was always something going on. Location is great for being right down in the middle of everything and within walking distance to BC Place and the waterfront. Staff were always great and always treated me like a friend The only negative I had was that I had a really smelly roommate and somedays it was a little ripe in the room and wish there would of be a overhead fan or AC to help the smell
10 night trip Jun 7, 2015
Brad
"Hostel in Vancouver"
Great for a hostel.
2 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
Jody
"Typical hostel experience, but noisy!"
Basically, the hostel itself is ok: clean, accommodations typical of what one expects with a hostel, decent shared bathrooms, friendly and helpful staff, and a good breakfast. The problem is that it is adjacent to a night club, so if one is staying there in nicer weather when the windows must be kept open (there is no AC), noise can definitely be an issue. Honestly, the price and location are awesome, but I don't think I would stay here again unless I was visiting Vancouver in cooler weather.
1 night trip May 31, 2015
Excellent location, close to SkyTrain, bus stops and walking distance to many restaurants and stores. Breakfast was good, buffet style with coffee, tea, bagels, muffins, toast and fruit salad. Clean bathrooms, but could use an upgrade...toilets separate from showers would be nice.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Lea
"Perfect Experience!"
I booked this solo trip last minute because I really just needed to get away for a few days. I don't think I've ever had a better hostel experience. They give you a towel to use, the room was very clean and comfortable, and restrooms/showers are very clean. The staff was absolutely amazing in every way. The activities during the day as well as at The Beaver in the evening were awesome and a lot of fun; helped me meet some great people and have a time that I'll remember forever. I honestly think I'd come back to Vancouver not just because I loved the city (because I did!), but so that I could stay here and have another memorable experience! Thank you, Samesun!
4 night trip Mar 30, 2015
"Great hostel!"
I had a great time, one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! The staffs were friendly and the rooms and bathrooms were very clean. Worth the 29 dollars I paid!
3 night trip with friends Jan 29, 2015
Hidemi
"Downtown"
This hostel is right downtown so it is easy to get anywhere. Lots of shopping and restaurants in the area as well as grocery stores. And a casino about 10 blocks away. And all kinds of public transportation including a subway to and from the airport.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
I just needed a place to sleep after riding in the RSVP. This place met that need as well as a hot shower and breakfast in the morning. The first floor of the building is a bar and music was playing into the wee hours of the morning, but I was so tired it didn't keep me awake. It was clean and secure with no extras but sometimes that is just what one needs.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
"Close to most sights"
Great location and good place to stay if you're on a budget.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Best location in downtown"
Only drawback: no A/C, no elevator
1 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"First hostel stay"
My first time in a hostel and this was a great experience. Friendly staff who offer great deals and suggestions of things to do! So many friendly people made this beautiful city even better. Will stay again on my next visit.
4 night trip Jul 10, 2014
"The location is good but too noisy and hot"
There is no airconditioner you will sweat a lot. It's terrible for me
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Hailey
"Samesung Vancouver Hostel"
This hostel was one the best investments I made in Canada, the people were so welcoming (thnkz for the free breakfast) I was able to relax in bed when I needed to and explore Vancouver freely thnkz to its location. I hope to find a place to stayas good as this in my bext trip, where ever that might be. ^^
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
miguel
"Needs Renovating"
This tired old Hostel needs a make-over badly. If Vancouver wants to be the greenest city by 2020 this place that hosts world guests needs a total make over immediately. The staff we first class. The place in sad shape.
5 night trip May 29, 2014
"best place if your a backpacker."
Very close to everything.Receptionists are very helpful when asked. Rooms are ok. Beds are squeaky. Breakfast are plentiful. No parking. Will be back again.
4 night trip May 23, 2014
larry2014
"Cheap and right downtown"
Better than I expected for the price. We stayed in a private room and although it was small, it was nice to have our own bathroom (even if the door hit the bed frame when you opened it). Everyone on staff was friendly and had good recommendations for food and night life events. There's also a little bar/restaurant on the first floor with a different dinner special for under $5 every night. The neighborhood gets a little sketchy at night so I'd recommend indoor parking.
2 night romance trip May 18, 2014
Lee
"I had a nice experience there"
That was my first time to staying at a backpackers hostel. I was firstly afraid of some securities, but it was OK. There were lockers for each, some laundries, etc.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
Keiji
"Great Value and location"
Great place to meet people, have fun, be centrally located in a dun area with nightlife and pay good price for a bed. Internet works great and service is very good. Bar/restaurant in lobby is a bonus.
1 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2014
Nelson

"awesome location, friendly staff"
I came in for one night before running Seawheeze, a half marathon. The hostel is in a great location and os well equipped with a bar, common room and appropriate sized mushrooms. The bank Ned was comfy and the oversized lockers are great. Location on Granville puts you right at the centre of nightlife and dining options.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2015
Christine
"Generally clean & fairly secure. Def friendly!"
Good natured and helpful staff. Hostel generally clean and fairly secure. Easy to get to know other travellers at free breakfast in adjoined pub and in common room. No a/c in bedroom levels, fans only - if they work (reported 313 room fan didn't work - not fixed). Good feel to the place, unlike some on Main St and Cambie St. Located on one of the main shopping streets and near major public transport routes.
3 night trip Aug 1, 2015
"Great place!"
The hostel as awesome! Super cheap and in a great location. Free wifi and breakfast were a wonderful bonus.
3 night trip Jul 16, 2015
Natasha
"Its one of the better hostel type places to stay.."
I came in late from airport and just needed a place to sleep. The staff was great.....the room was ok and sheets were clean.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
robert
"It'll do for the price."
I stay here when in Vancouver for concerts. I'm a bit older than most of the guests and I don't like noise and party scenes, and I find this place pretty good n terms of being strict about that. It depends on who is in your dorm of course but overall even this grumpy old gal can stand it. Take flip flops to wear to the bathroom and a lock for your dorm locker.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2015
"Great atmosphere!!!!"
Was comfortable and had a great atmosphere. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Excellent backpackers in centre downtown."
Please note, this is a backpackers' hostel. With this in mind, it was an excellent stay in a private double ensuite room (2 flights upstairs, no lift). It was clean, comfortable and all we needed. Staff we welcoming and helpful. Free breakfast was excellent (variety of bagels, bread, cereal and chocolate chip muffins).
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Excellent ! Defenetly recommend !"
Great hostel in the city centre Hostel offers a lot of tours with staff that can assist with any needs Will stay here again
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
"Lovely hostel with friendly helpful staff!"
This is a lovely hostel with great helpful friendly staff. Location is very convenient on a lively street. Staff provided guidance with directions and answered all my questions. They even organize daily tours and activities. I highly recommend this hostel. Great atmosphere:) Thanks to all the staff who made my stay and visit to Vancouver great!
6 night trip Nov 29, 2014
Katie
"A great experience!"
I just stayed in Vancouver for one night and I was trying to save some money. This is my first experience in a hostel, and it was amazing.. Now I'm thinking on my next trip, I want to backpack and stay in one of those places. Well located, and highly recommended if luxury isn't a must for you.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
Freddy
"Very convenient and centrally located"
The staffs were very friendly and very helpful. Would rather prefer boys and girls in different dorms tho.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Sydneyguy
"Nice hotel right in the heart of downtown Vancouve"
Same Sun Backpackers Lodge was very des :}. The hotel staff were extremely resourceful and friendly. The hostel featured it's own pub, restaurant, lounge area, kitchen and laundry room. They also had a list of weekly activities in which gusts could take part of throughout many beautiful tourist destinations in Vancouver! The only thing I didn't like about the hostel despite being well maintained and cleaned every day was the unpleasant smell emitting from the stairwell going upstairs to the rooms. Other than that it was great! Highly recommended =D
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
NICHOLAS
"Close to all Vancouver's Hotspots"
I stayed at this hostel on a whim waiting for friends to meet up with me in Vancouver, I was so impressed by the staff, cleanliness & the charm of the building that I stayed for an extra night. It is within walking distance to Vancouver's Art Gallery. Quick hike to the harbour, Stanley park & Granville Island. Bathrooms were shared but kept in good condition, cleaned twice a day. I absolutely loved this place and if I happen to travel back through Vancouver I will definitely see if there is a bed open at Samesun again.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Boomer
"great"
I spent 8 nights in a mixed dorm room. I met the most amazing people as roomates. The hostel is so clean. The kitchen was my favourite part always neat. The washroom always neat and generally it was an amazing experience no regrets
8 night trip Aug 13, 2014
hope
"Best run hostel I've seen in a long time!"
They run a tight ship here and that's exactly what you need in a backpacker hostel with so many people coming and going. I was pleasantly surprised how well run this place is. I booked a private room with my own bathroom and although sparse, my room was perfect (it's summer, so I cannot say whether it would be the same in the winter). It had everything I needed, a firm bed, clean linen, dark curtains, clean bathroom, TV, desk and lamps.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
debi
Nice service and good hostel
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Don
Just one night stay, was alright.
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2014
indigo
"Pretty good hostel"
In my opinion, the most important thing is a Location when traveling. This hostel is middle of downtown (or near ). so easy to find any restaurants, subway station and so on. Plus they offer free towel, you don't need to bring your own towel if you don't mind.
1 night trip May 4, 2014
"Nice hotel close to Downtown"
Really good place, Actually I just stayed this place,so I dont know if the services are good. However, the price was good for travelers.
Other trip May 11, 2014
It was a great place to stay close to Yaletown. If you are young you will love this place. It was packed full of young kids that were having lots of fun. The sound proofing is good so you don't hear the noisy bar/restaurant when in your room. Only thing was we were across from the women's washroom so the sound of that door opening and closing all night was annoying enough for us to wear earplugs. Then it was great.
5 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Cynthia
"close to everything"
for travelers- its absolute perfect! activities ever night, you meet a lot of people!
2 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"Not Bad!"
I wanted to stay in a "regular" hotel but there was none available in the area I wanted to stay that didn't cost an arm and a leg. This was my first experience in a hostel. I was pleasantly surprised, and will definitely stay in one again. But, I will spring for the extra few bucks for a bathroom in the room. The down the hall thing wasn't worth it.
3 night business trip Jan 24, 2014
"Great location!"
Everyone was super friendly. Short walk to bus stop and sky train station. Beautiful city!
Other trip Jan 29, 2014
linda
"Did the job"
Just like every thee hostel really, did the job. Had a place to sleep! $6 for a beer an a burger was brilliant.
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
kolli

"Gutes Backpacker Hostel im Epizentrum Vancouvers"
Das Hostel liegt direkt im Zentrum von Vancouver inmitten der Bar und Clubszene und nahe des gay Viertels. Das Hostel ist etwas in die Jahre gekommen trotzdem recht sauber und alles funktioniert. Das Allerbeste ist das typische Hostel flair mit guter bar und Leuten aus der ganzen Welt. Es ist superleicht Leute kennenzulernen. Es werden jeden Tag gratis Ausflüge angeboten. Empfehlenswert für Backpacker!
2 night trip Aug 16, 2015
Christian
DE
"Allein Reisender"
Preis leistung war wirklich gut. Extreme zentral gelegen. Und im selben haus ein gutes restaurant/bar. Und man kann such seine wäsche dort waschen falls man länger unterwägs ist, so wie ich.
7 night trip Aug 5, 2015
Silvio
CH
"Ambiance auberge de jeunesse"
Parfaitement situé dans Vancouver. Plusieurs types de chambre. Moi j'étais dans une chambre à six lits. Ambiance jeune, respectueuse, très sympa. Accueil du personnel très chaleureux. Offre d'une excursion par jour organisée par Samsun, super ambiance type auberge de jeunesse.
5 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
FR
"Tolles Frühstück & gratis Ausflüge!"
Ein relativ grosses aber sehr sauberes Hostel mit einem tollen Frühstück (Bagel, Toast, Muffins, frischer Fruchtsalat, Oats, verschiedene Brotaufstriche und Säfte, Kaffee, Tee, Milch) und mit täglich sehr schönen Tagesausflügen (gratis!) in und um Vancouver.
5 night trip May 10, 2015
Fabienne
CH
"위치는 굿. 하지만 시끄러워 잠을 잘수가 없음"
시끄러워서 잠을 잘수가 없어요. 시내에 위치해서그런지 밤늦게까지. 새벽에도 시끄러워요 위치는 좋지만 편안한 잠을 잘 수가 없네요.
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
YAEJIN
KR
"Book this place!"
Great place. Nice and quiet. The private room is more than ok standard for that price. It's just a few minutes walk from one of many popular places to visit down town. If you ask me, the best location in the city. The breakfast is good. Better than most the bakcpacker places I have visited through the world. The staff is very welcoming and helpful and the security is perfect. No one beside the people who paid for a room and owns a key can enter. The only thing that could make this place better is the soda they offer. It tasted very funny and the dinners they offer. Its fairly cheap, but taste the same.
2 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Veronica
"自由で快適な宿"
到着が23時頃になり、フロントが空いているか心配していましたが、24時間オープンのフロントはまったく問題ありませんでした。英語の説明の後、日本語の利用説明書をもらえたので安心しました。部屋の他に休憩するスペースがあり、早朝、深夜などに目が覚めてしまった時に過ごすのには最適です。 フロントの方々も親切で、Web上でコンサートのチケットがうまく取れないことに相談にのってもらいました。コンサートも無事行けました。バンクーバーに行く際にはまた寄りたいと思います。
4 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2015