All hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tecom, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, ‏‎800-491-6126

"overall, recommended"
good overall, the servie is very slow though, took them ages (about 2 hours!) to respond to requests, like bringing an Iron, fixing the safe etc. the execuse is "short of staff" also internet connection got disconnected for hours before restoring it.
6 night trip Jul 25, 2015
ahmad
"Friendly bell desk, clueless front desk, cold room"
The hotel is very affordable, I would choose this place only if you are planning to sleep here as it is very limited in amenities. One of the receptionists were not helpful at all, I called ahead of time to ensure that the room had twin beds and not a double bed and she said it will be done, but it was not when I had arrived. I had asked for the switch upon arrival, but the front desk employee mentioned that there were no room with twin beds available until further notice. I asked the Operations Manager on duty to see if it was true and he was immediately able to find a room with twin bed. However, the bell desk was extremely friendly. The temperature control was not working in the room as well so our room was freezing and they were not able to do anything about it. I'd definitely choose another hotel next time.
2 night business trip Mar 15, 2015
"The worst hotel I have ever stayed in UAE"
I couldn't feel any kind of hospitality in this hotel. Room service is the really slow servicing, if you are planing to have a dinner try to order it during lunch time, probably they will deliver. During my 5 day stay room been cleaned only once and after my serious talk to reception.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
MIFO
"Laotian American in Dubai"
It's centrally located and close to metro station. There is a supermarket across the street.the big plus is that the hotel offers free wifi in room. English is spoken everywhere and it is a common language. Prices of goods and services are American price. Too bad that you can't drink or gamble there since this is a Muslim nation unlike Vegas. Weather wise it is Sunday 363 days a year similar to that in San Diego very comfortable during the winter. Don't go there in the summer temps or humidity could rise in the 130 degrees since this is a desert. Go the mosque in Abu dhabi but make sure to wear a long sleeve shirt and pants in order to get in. No tattoos nor shorts are allowed inside the mosque.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Chandaoleuang
"A place if you do not get any other!"
There was no complementary drinking water, tea / coffee sachets even though there was a kettle. No Iron even though there was an ironing board Tied floors and no slippers For basement car parking, the entry is through Exit which is a potential accident source! I would suggest that Expedia should not support this hotel
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
JAISON
"Small, dark and noisy hotel area."
Reception area and staff are fine but the size and lighting of the rooms are disappointing. The general area of the hotel is an active construction site; I would guess for the next year in the least. Also, despite the fact that I got the room with wi-fi service, the staff tried to charge me for the service while in the room but not at the reception; I pushed back on that and they quickly relented!!!!!!!!
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
zach
"Nice Location"
Nice location and clean hotel. Only thing is I was told by reception that a 50 USD extra charge will be imposed for having my partner checked in with me as the price listed was only for one person. I would have appreciated more clarity on this matter at hotel listing beforehand. I am not sure if this amount will be taken from my card or what happens now next. Other then that all was ok.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Bright
"Clean, Convenient Location, Good Value for Money"
This place was good value for money, the room was very clean and well equipped, designed in a smart way - it had everything I needed except Wi-Fi :( There was wi-fi in the lobby, but in this day and age, I feel wi-fi should just be a given everywhere. The other issue with the room was the plugs were 3-prong and it was pretty impossible to get a "2-prong" plug in there - so you need to bring an adaptor. Staff were friendly and helpful. Very convenient location, if the weather was better (I visited in hot and humid August!!) the metro is an easy 10-minute walk... Very easy to catch a taxi in front of the hotel, and it's a short taxi-ride to Mall of the Emirates. I would definitely visit again, but if I found a place with similar facilities/ location and price with wi-fi, I would go there.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
"Great value. Close to metro station."
This hotel was great value for money. New, clean and modern. The room was well equipped and spacious with full kitchen and very nice bathroom. The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful. A big thanks to the porter who went way beyond the call of duty in helping customers. Close to the metro station with access to shopping malls and the Marina. I will definitely stay there again.
Other trip May 7, 2014
Jo
"Frequent Traveller"
The location is not exactly near the airport, but OK. Everything was nice except the sewage smell in the bathroom. It was terrible. I was trying to keep bathroom door close during my two nights stay.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
"Good when on a budget"
The staff at the front desk are rather rude like careless that you need the room as soon as possible. At that point I wished I've booked another hotel instead, waiting time was around 30 min. or more for them to give me my key. The housekeeping are not trained and they just do the job to get it over with, the bathroom was disgusting and the bed although seemed clean I found a hair on one of the pillows , there was a kitchenette and had all utensils but there was not complementary coffee or anything, make sure you bring everything you need from coffee to sugar or drinks
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
Jackie
"Very nice apartment"
I rented a 1 br apartment/hotel room, and it was excellent for its price.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
Orkun
"The staff are not professional."
TV was not working for hours and they did not send anyone to fix it for hours. Then they changed it with pressure. Flys were annoying. I paid for king size bed and they gave me two beds. They promised to fix it but never did. Food is terrible. Could not complete my burger sandwich.
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
Tariq
"Easy access and close to Mall of Emirates."
Average hotel for a budget traveler. Swimming pool is tinny, room service not very reliable. Restaurant is too small. On the positive side, the rooms are nice and it is easy to access/find the hotel.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
"If this was your last choice!"
I checked out of another hotel at 12 to go to this one, arrived at 12:20 and waited outside with coffee till 2 to check in!!!! the guy at the reception was a bit rude though the guy next to him was full of kindness (on his behalf)! the room was big and clean, the charge of pizza and soft drinks from the restaurant were expensive. The first room I checked in had no A/C so I had to repack and move to another!!! I couldn't have any visitors, not even my girlfriend!!! so that was it! I checked out the next day!!!
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
very clean centrally located and very reasonable priced...
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
"Good Hotel"
Good, close to the Metro Station and quiet neighbourhood. Most taxis however do not know the hotel as it is relatively new. Stayed in a one-bed hotel apartment and the apartment was not welcoming at all...I arrived at 1am quite hungry to an apartment with an empty fridge....not even water! It wasn't until the next day that I discovered a corner shop that opens 24/7. The hotel should provide such information in the rooms. There's a need to improve their service
2 night trip Feb 10, 2014
Sade
"My first and last experience in this hotel!!!!!"
In one sentence, I have to say the hotel was the worse hotel that I have ever stayed in my life. Misleading advertisement, bad location, not clean, no complementary tea/coffee service, no outside call service from rooms, kitchen closes early at night when hardly anything around hotel is open, difficult to find taxi from hotel in the afternoon, bad food, toilet blocked after first use... and this list can go on and on and on... This is not a four star hotel based on any international standards and I will never recommend this hotel to anyone at all
Other trip Jan 26, 2014
Betty
"Dirty bathroom"
New hotel close to Jebel Ali Free zone. every thing was Ok, just they did not clean the bathroom.
Other trip Jan 25, 2014
Harry
"good location"
very nice building with nice room, however attention needs to be paid to quality assurance of housekeeping, finding long hair on the floor in your clean towels are not unusual in hotel apt in Dubai and this location is not an exception. With a very minimum attention to details it can be a much better place.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
n

"Value for money apartment !!"
At check in they did'nt have a studio so we were upgraded to a one bedroom which was very spacious,good transport links bus stops outside goes to jbr and metro 10 min walk a few good hotels with bars & restaurants a few mins walk plenty of supermarkets around too. Good value hotel not too far away from all the hotspots.had a good 10 night stay.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
stephen
"Nice and clean. Great to have a kitchenette,"
Great experience, i will recommend. Specially if you have small children. No dish soap or laundry detergent for the washer. Beside that, it was a pleasant experience.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
T. R.
"good hotel"
it was good , will do it again
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
ahmad
"Nice hotel centrally located Marina and Downtown"
All I have to say is I tried to extend but fully booked - worked very well to traverse all parts of Dubai via Metro
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Simmo
"good"
it was very nice and comfortable
4 night romance trip Jan 27, 2015
Fadi
"Cheap and only just about cheerful"
Basic hotel with little customer service. There's a great cafe/restaurant next door though - Leila's
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
"Recommended stay"
Helpful cooperative staff - value for money Hotel. Location may be an issue as it is far from downtown areas
1 night family trip Jan 27, 2015
Pankaj
IN
"good timing"
was wonderful hotel
3 night trip with friends Jan 18, 2015
FIRAS
Very clean, tidy and a goods stay.
12 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
"Horrible experience."
The hotel staff were unfriendly and they didn't cooperate with us, we tried to check-in but they told us that the rooms are not ready yet, so we asked them to keep our luggages till we come back later to the hotel. When we returned to the hotel at night, they told us that we don't have the room we booked and our luggages were laying in the lobby where anyone can take or open them. At the end, we waited for more than half an hour so the can find for us new rooms which were not as what we booked.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Abdulla
"Reasonable hotel near to metro station"
Don't expect gourmet food. There is building work going on at the back of the hotel.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
wendy
"Had a bad experience this time(3rd Visit)"
This was my 3rd visit to this hotel and I admit the previous 2 visits were really nice but this time I was given a room which was stinking really bad. On requesting to change my room I was told that the staff was not available and it can only be done the next morning which was annoying. Also would like to mention that Hotels.com mentions free WiFi, but it is only in the lobby area and in the room it is charged with a min of 300 AED / 2 Weeks.
5 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
Vaibhav
"POOR EFFORT - GRAND MIDWEST REVE, TECOM DUBAI"
There were issues with the taxi's getting to the Grand Midwest Reve as there is a more well known Grand Midwest on the other side of the motorway, in Internet City. We were taken there twice during our stay at the hotel. More of an issue regarding Taxis rather than the hotel itself but there is little knowledge of this hotels location in Tecom. We arrived about 7pm in the evening, there was nobody else in the lobby yet we were ignored by the reception staff for about ten minutes before being addressed with a snappy request for our passports. We were issued a room, the TV did not work, we rang reception but they never turned up, we followed up but still nobody arrived. They provided a microwave but no equipment which was microwave friendly - such as a glass bowl A chopping board but no knife Plates but no cutlery. Housekeeping continually knocked on our door at 12.30am to ask if we needed towels - a strange time to be asking for such a thing, but did enquire if they could fix televisions! Dreadful food in restaurant and cant comment on the coffee as mine was never delivered
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Caroline
"Friendly staff, good location"
I had a perfect stay in this hotel. Check-in was very fast, the staff did their best to accommodate all my needs. I received an upgrade from studio to a deluxe 1-bedroom appartment but not everything which unfortunately lacked some issues such as room service menu, non-working phone but the staff sorted these issues out very quickly so I would not hesitate to stay again.
1 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2014
"Pleasant and efficient"
Overall very good... the only thing this hotel lacks is a bar area.
4 night business trip Apr 9, 2014
"it was OK furniture is below 4 star standard"
It was OK of overall
2 night business trip Mar 5, 2014
Sam
"Good experience"
The hotel was a little away from the Dubai Metro station. The hotel was great and rooms were very well made and kept. The carpet of this apartment was a little stained and that is the only reason for objection. Other than that, staff was helpful and polite.
1 night business trip Feb 13, 2014
I found the hotel to be satisfactory considering the cost and location. I had a longer stay than normal, 10 days in total, and it worked oput very well for this. All in all I would go back if I had a similar trip.
14 night trip Jan 31, 2014
Jabir
"Clean and tidy hotel, totally unhelpful staff"
The hotel itself was only a few months old so was clean and tidy, I asked for an early check in as I was due to arrive just after 9:00am, was told I could not check in until 14:00, at this point I confirmed I had a twin room for two men, went back at 12:00 to see if room may be ready and was told quite abruptly it would be ready at 14:00, again I checked on the twin room, yes definitely a twin, at 14:00 I was told the room wasn't ready, great I've only been waiting hours! When I got to my room it was a Queen size single bed, 3 rooms later I finally got the twin room requested when I booked the room. We were on the 18th floor and I had to return to reception, and I'm not lying 8 times during the week because the room card didn't work, the excuse they used was because I had placed it near my mobile phone, complete rubbish as I work at a 4 star hotel in England and have never had this problem, the female hotel receptionist never apologised once for the inconvenience and on one occasion couldn't even look at me when dealing with my problem. Overall the hotel is fine, if you just want a bed to sleep in. Don't use the private taxis as they charge double the green ones you can flag down, and there are lots of them about.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
"worst Hotel ever"
this is a basic Hotel not nearby anything even the metro station is very far
2 night trip Jan 30, 2014
dalia
"Simple and basic"
It's a comfortable place to sleep, but no frills. After staying at another hotel with great service this hotel was certainly a big step down. The staff are not polished in providing service, the bathroom was small and the shower water was cold. The hotel staff offered no discount for the cold water experience.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"Okay for a couple of days, but not great...."
The night service was quite slow and unhelpful for check-in. I had reserved a studio room, which was quite spacious and well-supplied for cooking/etc. However, there was no coffee or tea provided as it might have been in a normal room. Also, there was no information given for a nearby supermarket so that taking advantage of the kitchen was impossible. It's not a great location for getting taxis or near much, but it is easy to get to in general as there's no traffic to speak of. Finally, no one told me a thing about breakfast options....Overall, it was an average to less-than-average stay.
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2014
"Better than I expected"
Room was spacious and clean, lots of space and good size bathroom, plenty of hot water and free wifi that had good speed, excellent for a business trip, great value
1 night trip Jan 21, 2014
Cargo
"confy beds"
great and the hospitality was good by the staff , will recommend it to others
3 night business trip Jan 21, 2014
vishwanathan krishnan
IN
"quite disappointet"
hotel staff especially reception desk were so unfriendly. imagine coming back after a hard day of shopping and sightseeing to a messed up room. Their housekeeping staff really need some training and maybe they need to employ more housekeeping staff because it could be that they are short staffed. in addition, the security deposit blocked on my mastercard has not been unblocked 16days after our stay after numerous mails and calls and several promises that it will be done.The hotel is very well located. it is very close to the metro station which was very convenient for us. it also has several supermarkets close by for grocery. overall I couldn't wait for my stay there to be over. will definitely not be going back
4 night family trip Dec 26, 2013
Oluseun lawal
"Nice place,not too far from the metro station"
It was a very nice experience,would stay there anytime I visit dubai if I have the chance
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
abby

"Godt til prisen"
Godt hotel til prisen. Elendig morgenmad og desværre ikke mange andre restauranter i området. Men tæt på metrostation og bare et par stop den ene vej, så er du på den lækre JBR beach og et par stop den anden vej, så lokker Dubai Mall. Fint udstyret værelse.
5 night romance trip Mar 31, 2015
Eva
DK
"Ok til lav pris"
Et billig alternativ med tanke på at Dubai fort kan bli dyrt. Prisen gjenspeiles riktignok i service og renslighet på rommene. Praktisk at det er en "Carrefour" like ved som gjør at man kan spare inn litt ekstra penger på å slippe å ta frokosten på hotellet. Vaskehjelpen var en hyggelig mann, problemet med servicen og rensligheten er snarere utstyret han bruker, noe som må gå for ledelsens regning, og ikke de ansatte på hotellet. Helt ok hotell til en grei penge, og så lenge forventningene til hotellet er lave, så vil resten av Dubai være verdt hver eneste krone.
8 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
Martin
"Gutes Preis-Leistungsverhältnis"
insgesamt gutes hotel, wenn man vorher die kommentare liest! zimmer sind sauber und für zwei personen ok. die küchen utensilien reichen für ein kleines frühstück, supermärkte gibt es in der umgebung reichlich. der pool...naja is nix dolles. was auf den bildern und im text nicht rüber kommt, man muss erst raus ausm hotel und ums eck gehen. zu unserer zeit (märz 2015) war neben dran ein unschöne, aber ruhende baugrube. laufzeit zur metrostation 12-15min, taxi zum public beach 20-25AED
8 night trip Mar 21, 2015
DE
"Hotel moderne tres bien situé, bon personnel"
Quelle bonne surprise en arrivant !!! hôtel d'une quinzaine d'étages situé à 10min a pied du métro Dubai internet city. En face du supermarché Carrefour ouvert 24/24. Proche de cafés restaurants et banque. L hôtel dispose d une salle de sport, piscine, sauna ! J'ai séjourné en chambre studio très confortable et propre avec à disposition une kitchenette avec machine a laver frigo micro onde bouilloire grillepain .... salle de bain avec baignoire et grand lit double si ce n'est triple, wifi gratuit et télé. Le seul inconvénient c'est l absence de fenêtre, l aération ne se fait que par la climatisation. Nous étions au 14eme étage, aucune nuisance sonore. Personnel tres accueillant et attentif. Hôtel franchement propre. Si je retourne à Dubai, je garde cette adresse. À noter qu il y a deux hôtels "Grand midwest"; l'un juste à la sortie du métro, l autre un peu plus loin (le grand midwest reve, TECOM), ce qui peut expliquer certains commentaires défavorables car l hôtel de Tecom était vraiment très bien.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015