All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
You can collect® Rewards nights here
452 / 452A Notre-Dame East, Montreal, QC, H2Y1C8, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

TripAdvisor reviews for Old Montreal Castle & Suites

"Family Birthday"
10/06/15 littlejeanie Cornwall, Canada
We stayed at the Castle Suites for one night with family to celebrate my mother's 80th bday. It is a fabulous place exactly like the pictures. The service by Stephanie was wonderful. She made the check in very easy and so kind to even call the next day to check on our stay. There was nine of us and no one had a complaint. We had Chef John Zoumis come if to prepare dinner and sooo worth it. It was fabulous dinner. All very easy to arrange. Thank you everyone for the experience.
"Royal treatment"
10/04/15 adam J Lyon, France
My friends and I stayed at The Old Montreal Castle from July 14 to July 16. We have stayed at some very good hotels before but The Old Montreal Castle has to rank as the best hotel we have ever stayed. Should you then be as lucky as we was and be served by Zack, then you will truly experience what it means to feel at home away from home. Keep up the amazing work, you are truly the best.
"Best Vacation Ever!!"
09/20/15 Kim J Singapore, Singapore
I had a great experience at this hotel. This is my second time back to Montreal in 7 months. I had a great experience staying at this hotel and the accommodations was more than I expected. It was very luxury and very well kept. There was an indoor pool, spa, and a great view from my room! I will definitely be coming back in the near future.
"Outstanding Luxury"
09/10/15 Aaron N Vancouver, Canada
This castle was everything we expect in a luxury hotel. Property was in excellent condition, indoor pool, indoor spa, and an amazing view of Montreal. Location is perfect to go anywhere in the city. Overall the location, view, services, were beyond our expectations and we will definitely return again in the near future!
"Service was AWESOME!!!!"
08/29/15 Susan N
The Castle Suite was perfect. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Service was exceptional. Could not have asked for anything more. When we return to Montreal, we will most definitely stay here again. I would recommend this to all my friends and family who plan to visit Montreal.
"wonderful hidden gem"
08/27/15 Jon D Perth, Australia
We are so glad that we were lucky enough to stay here for 2 days last week. We could walk to all of the wonderful restaurants in the old Montreal and an easy walk to various shopping streets. Staff was highly responsive, more than willing to help with any questions or needs.
"Beautiful and Magical"
08/05/15 Van David N
A Magic Dream!! What a magnificent hotel. We stayed here for our 5th wedding anniversary. It is a gorgeous hotel that is bright, vibrant and artistically created. It is in a perfect location within walking distance of most of the old Montreal sights. The pool and the terrace were fantastic. The pool is definitely a hands down in this hotel. Wonderful staff with endless amount of help and suggestions. Can't wait to go back!
"One Word, "Unforgettable!!!!!""
07/30/15 TristenBaoHan Winnipeg, Canada
Paradise in Montreal! IT’S VERY SIMPLE, EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT! Amazing Hotel with really great and friendly staff!!! The architecture is really beautiful and the castle view is amazing!!! Thanks all the Castle Team for an incredible and unforgettable time!
"Highly Recommended!"
07/28/15 Tony N
An absolutely lovely place to stay, in a fantastic and beautiful location. All staff were incredibly polite, pleasant and very helpful. The Castle is very nice and cozy, very clean and well kept. I would definitely recommend this accommodation to anyone whether it's quick stop off or few night you will feel comfortable and feel very welcome. Would love to return in our next stop in Montreal.
"Was Totally Amazed!! Lavish, Elegance and felt like Royalty!!"
07/24/15 jorozco203 Waterbury, Connecticut
This was a birthday gift to me from me. The accommodations were four bedrooms so I invited three other couples. We stayed in the Castle Suite (3,000 sq. ft.) My husband and I took the upstairs bedroom with the master bed and two full bathrooms. One bath had a walk in shower and a walk in closet. The other bath had a whirlpool jaccuzzi. Totally beautiful. The main level had two bedrooms with an adjoining bathroom. And the basement level had a fireplace. The kitchen was beautiful and adequately equipped. We didn't spend much time cooking here since we only spent two nights and wanted to see the town, but I'm sure it would be to a chef's liking, in fact, if you'd like you can even hire a chef to come and prepare a meal for eight. We particularly liked the counter area between the kitchen and the living room and spent most of our time laughing and drinking in this area. One word of caution: watch out for the steps between the two areas. I stepped back and fell, luckily I didn't get hurt. We found that this was the best place to house our cooler for the remainder of our stay. The upstairs patio is adequate. There were two outdoor patio chairs (no cushions) and a grill. We didn't find much use for this area, except for getting a bit of fresh air and allowing those who smoke to do so. If you want to make the most of your time by sitting outside and entertaining then I recommend you get the castle itself which includes the whole upper level of the castle, including grill, bar area and poker table (I went up to take a sneak peak and it was totally gorgeous) and the castle has a swimming pool included, which the suite does not. Everything was within walking distance. I suggest you find roadside parking later in the evening. We parked in front of the castle, unloaded, and left our vehicles for the evening. Unfortunately we didn't move our car early enough in the morning and was given a ticket. There's really no parking at the castle unless you have one tiny vehicle. Very convenient to the castle is the Old Port are. This is where I recommend you park your vehicle for your stay. There's a lot to see and do in this area like zip lining and a large indoor maze, shopping at local booths. Every evening from this location you can watch the fireworks!! One street over there's the whole market square with shopping, restaurants, and nightlife. This is the hub of it all!! During the day there's entertainment, whether it's a band or a mime or someone doing magic, whatever it may be, it's all good. Liquor Store: When you walk out of the castle take a left, there's a little store about two doors down where you can buy basic items and beer. The liquor store itself is about three-four blocks down the road kitty-corner to the Basilica. Also I would recommend eating at the Crêperie chez Suzette Restaurant, 3 Rue Saint-Paul E. We did brunch here and it was fabulous. It's on the main long road going through the market center. I had seafood crepes and the eight of us shared two meat platters and one cheese platter with fondue!! It was really good. I hope to have this experience again, but the next time we'll be upgrading to the castle!! Bon Voyage and adieu to you!
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews