All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
452 / 452A Notre-Dame East, Montreal, QC, H2Y1C8, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

TripAdvisor reviews for Old Montreal Castle & Suites

"wonderful hidden gem"
08/27/15 Jon D Perth, Australia
We are so glad that we were lucky enough to stay here for 2 days last week. We could walk to all of the wonderful restaurants in the old Montreal and an easy walk to various shopping streets. Staff was highly responsive, more than willing to help with any questions or needs.
"Beautiful and Magical"
08/05/15 Van David N
A Magic Dream!! What a magnificent hotel. We stayed here for our 5th wedding anniversary. It is a gorgeous hotel that is bright, vibrant and artistically created. It is in a perfect location within walking distance of most of the old Montreal sights. The pool and the terrace were fantastic. The pool is definitely a hands down in this hotel. Wonderful staff with endless amount of help and suggestions. Can't wait to go back!
"One Word, "Unforgettable!!!!!""
07/30/15 TristenBaoHan Winnipeg, Canada
Paradise in Montreal! IT’S VERY SIMPLE, EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT! Amazing Hotel with really great and friendly staff!!! The architecture is really beautiful and the castle view is amazing!!! Thanks all the Castle Team for an incredible and unforgettable time!
"Highly Recommended!"
07/28/15 Tony N
An absolutely lovely place to stay, in a fantastic and beautiful location. All staff were incredibly polite, pleasant and very helpful. The Castle is very nice and cozy, very clean and well kept. I would definitely recommend this accommodation to anyone whether it's quick stop off or few night you will feel comfortable and feel very welcome. Would love to return in our next stop in Montreal.
"Was Totally Amazed!! Lavish, Elegance and felt like Royalty!!"
07/24/15 jorozco203 Waterbury, Connecticut
This was a birthday gift to me from me. The accommodations were four bedrooms so I invited three other couples. We stayed in the Castle Suite (3,000 sq. ft.) My husband and I took the upstairs bedroom with the master bed and two full bathrooms. One bath had a walk in shower and a walk in closet. The other bath had a whirlpool jaccuzzi. Totally beautiful. The main level had two bedrooms with an adjoining bathroom. And the basement level had a fireplace. The kitchen was beautiful and adequately equipped. We didn't spend much time cooking here since we only spent two nights and wanted to see the town, but I'm sure it would be to a chef's liking, in fact, if you'd like you can even hire a chef to come and prepare a meal for eight. We particularly liked the counter area between the kitchen and the living room and spent most of our time laughing and drinking in this area. One word of caution: watch out for the steps between the two areas. I stepped back and fell, luckily I didn't get hurt. We found that this was the best place to house our cooler for the remainder of our stay. The upstairs patio is adequate. There were two outdoor patio chairs (no cushions) and a grill. We didn't find much use for this area, except for getting a bit of fresh air and allowing those who smoke to do so. If you want to make the most of your time by sitting outside and entertaining then I recommend you get the castle itself which includes the whole upper level of the castle, including grill, bar area and poker table (I went up to take a sneak peak and it was totally gorgeous) and the castle has a swimming pool included, which the suite does not. Everything was within walking distance. I suggest you find roadside parking later in the evening. We parked in front of the castle, unloaded, and left our vehicles for the evening. Unfortunately we didn't move our car early enough in the morning and was given a ticket. There's really no parking at the castle unless you have one tiny vehicle. Very convenient to the castle is the Old Port are. This is where I recommend you park your vehicle for your stay. There's a lot to see and do in this area like zip lining and a large indoor maze, shopping at local booths. Every evening from this location you can watch the fireworks!! One street over there's the whole market square with shopping, restaurants, and nightlife. This is the hub of it all!! During the day there's entertainment, whether it's a band or a mime or someone doing magic, whatever it may be, it's all good. Liquor Store: When you walk out of the castle take a left, there's a little store about two doors down where you can buy basic items and beer. The liquor store itself is about three-four blocks down the road kitty-corner to the Basilica. Also I would recommend eating at the Crêperie chez Suzette Restaurant, 3 Rue Saint-Paul E. We did brunch here and it was fabulous. It's on the main long road going through the market center. I had seafood crepes and the eight of us shared two meat platters and one cheese platter with fondue!! It was really good. I hope to have this experience again, but the next time we'll be upgrading to the castle!! Bon Voyage and adieu to you!
"Beautiful"
07/06/15 seehorse72 Danbury, Connecticut
Wow! Very impressed. We had a great time. There were seven of us. It was the perfect setting for a great group of people to just unwind. We each had our own space, yet there was plenty of room to congregate and enjoy each other's company. So much fun!
"Amazing Property!"
06/20/15 TwRolfe Key Largo, Florida
Jaw dropping property. Went up with friends from Boston, New York and Houston, and we have never seen such an amazing property. We started off in the large (and deep) indoor pool, then cooked steaks in the full serv kitchen, and close the first evening by walking to the clubs on St. Catherine. We have never had so much fun on a weekend trip and have already starting discussing going back for a second. This property is a true rarity with the amenities it offers, its location, and could not have had a better time! OMG c'ya in 2016!
"Smooth night"
05/01/15 Megane08
My experience at the Old Montreal Castle was simply amazing! From the arrival of me and my guests to our departure everything went as expected. The place was even more beautiful than in the pictures, especially with the magnificent ceiling painting in the main room. Right from the moment we entered our eyes were enlightened with how big and lovely the place was and it was all ours for the night! Our night went very smoothly and no troublesome, which will surely motivate us to rent the premises once again.
"Beautiful, comfortable and very cozy!"
04/23/15 Émilie J
I stayed at the Castle suite for two days with my family, thanks to a Goupon deal for 8 people. The place was beautiful, comfortable and very cozy! It permitted us to have a small family gathering in this perfectly situated hotel in the Old port. Pans, knives, plates, utensils, oven, fridge were at our service letting us to cook our own food. We had some rules and conditions to respect such as minimum cleaning and having to take out our garbage, which was understandable. The check in was at 4pm and check out at 11am. At the check in we were demanded to pay the rest of our stay (taxes and security deposit) as well as sign a contract explaining all the rules to respect, followed by a brief tour of the place. In overall, my family and I loved the experienced and we would definitely rent de premises again! The place was very clean at our arrival and we did not encounter any problems with the neighbors.
"Wonderful!"
04/23/15 cassa277
Wonderful place! I had a lot of fun with my friends there, most of our stay was spent in the basement since it basically had everything we wanted there, even a little kitchen. We couldn’t play music as loud as I would have wanted but with a place like that how can I even complain. Having a pool and a spa at the disposal of only me and my guest was really amazing. There is even a blackjack table and a poker table with chips and cards included. I had a really fun time there with my friends, if you are looking for a place to stay with friends to spend a relaxed night I really recommend it for you.