All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom

Good internet service
    Clean
    Awesome vibe
    Bad breakfast
This is our second stay at Chelsea Guest House. If you come into Gatwick, take the Southern train, get off at Wandsworth Road, and it's a five-minute walk. Clapham is a great little suburb. The hotel has been completely rennovated and is fantastic.
6 night romance trip Jan 4, 2016
Not Provided
"Great room for a great price."
Hotel staff was super friendly and helpful. The room was spotlessly clean and seemed brand new.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2015
"Big but no clean."
Stayed on top floor in a good size room. No desk or coffee machine, both of which I normally find in comparable hotels. Rug was incredibly warn and dirty. Single ancient chair was horrible and seat was actually broken through. Bath and shower were fairly new and good. Good bus transit.
5 night business trip Sep 6, 2015
Gregory
"Good Price and great location"
It was a good experience very good price. Great location we love the english breakfast.They just need to improve their facilities for example the bathroom was dark in the bottom so it gave a bad look. They were making improvement in the rooms so it was noisy in the morning.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
ally
Nice hotel and good staff Close to bus and that takes u to center bus stop where u can either take underground train or any bus
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
vna
"Worth the short commute"
Tiny room, hard bed, small bathroom. Since I only needed it for sleeping, it was great. The walls are thin, so you will hear people in the hall. Location is excellent with bus stops just out the door heading into Whitehall or Notting Hill. Clapham is much cheaper and better pubs than London.
11 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Dawn
"A good place to stay on a budget"
The room was comfortable & clean. The staff was friendly and helpful with any questions we had about getting around or places we were looking for.
4 night family trip Oct 5, 2014
"Right by a train station for access anywhere"
I rated the neighborhood mid-range since there were lots of small, fast food places and barbers and not-so-reputable looking establishments. But if moms are out walking their children, can't be that bad. The Wandsworth Rd train station is a stone's throw away, and that will get you anywhere you need - other train stations to reach all of England or train/tube stations to get around greater London. Room was clean, but most European hotel windows don't keep out noise very well. Hotel is on a well-travelled road, so this light sleeper heard everything going by. Staff was polite and very helpful. I did thin the price was too high per night, but I think even rat holes are expensive in the London area. Overall a good place.
2 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
"The Good and the Bad"
We stayed in a twin room with a foot of space between the twin beds which both touched the walls on their other sides. The hotel is undergoing renovations but our room had not yet been renovated. Mc Donald's is RIGHT next door!! On the plus side it was clean and the staff was very helpful. It is right on the bus line and the busses run every five to six minutes.
4 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2014
NancyJo
"Exceeded Expectations"
I found our stay to be better than anticipated. I was visiting London with my son and we needed a place to stay. Knowing we wouldn't be spending much time in the room, we basically needed a place to sleep; and that is what we got. Staff was very nice and helpful and the room was clean. Location was not bad, 5 minute bus ride to the Victoria Line into central London. I would stay there again
3 night trip Sep 16, 2014
Joshua
"close to bus route throughout city"
excellent
2 night trip Sep 14, 2014
"Average Guest House"
Difficult to access sites from this location. Shower did not drain. Room was tiny. Front desk employees were typical of hostel staff. No AC, usually would not be required.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Nice hotel. Front desk was very nice and helpful. Small simple rooms but worth the price. Great stay.
3 night trip Jun 11, 2014
jason
it was good suprrise to stay thare, friendly .good price/
2 night trip Jun 4, 2014
"Adequate low cost lodging"
Adequate low cost no frills basic lodging. No complaints, no whoopees. I would stay here again if on a tight budget.
6 night family trip May 23, 2014
Grandpa
"Good value for the price"
On the plus side, while the room is small, it is very efficient. Was pleased to see a tea kettle, tea bags, and some packets of cookies right in my room. The sleeping area and bathroom were spotless. Towels were newer and absorbent. Chelsea Guest House is very close to the 77 and 87 bus lines and there's an overground station about a 10 minute walk away. The reception desk staff are very good at providing directions and will call a mini cab for you if you need it. Was nice to have a window that opened for fresh air. The price is also very affordable, especially for London. On the negative side, the carpet could use a deep cleaning, not just a vacuum. I stayed in a basement room and heard a lot of noise every morning, between other guests and staff. You can hear every time someone goes up and down the steps or closes a door. Even people's voices were loud in the halls. Would like to have found someplace close to get a healthy meal. McDonald's isn't really exciting to vegetarians. I was also disappointed that I had to wait outside for over 10 minutes for someone to meet me at the main building, where the reception desk is, when I arrived to check in. Overall, good value for the price and convenient location, with only minor flaws.
Other trip May 28, 2014
Lily
"Good for overnight only"
Not too many amenities to speak for. There's not even a phone in the room. The receptionist gave good assistance on how to get around and to the sight seeing spot. The hotel is not attractive enough to spend more time other than an overnight stay.
1 night family trip May 12, 2014
Leonard
"close to central London"
The staff is the best I have seen. The room was clean and updated. I would stay there again Easy bus routes to downtown.
2 night family trip May 6, 2014
walt
"Perfectly OK hotel in sketchy area"
Finding the hotel was fairly easy which was nice. It is a bit outside the center of London and at times felt a little unsafe. We were able to get to a bus stop and Under/Overground stations fairly easily and did not spend much time in our room. The room itself was fairly small, and sparsely furnished. We had our own very small bathroom with a shower that did not drain until after we were out. We appreciated the cleanliness of the room, and the positive, kind attitude of the staff. Show up expecting a hostel feel, rather than a luxury hotel.
Other trip May 2, 2014
sarah

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"brilliant stay"
Absolutely brilliant stay! Lovely staff, room was brilliant and it was very convenient! Would definitely stay here again when i'm next in London! Good prices too and made us feel welcome!
2 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2015
"Good budget hotel"
I needed a place to stay for 2 nights in London . Found this place . It was nice and comfortable added bonus was Mc Donald's just beside it. Definitely staying here again
2 night business trip Sep 8, 2015
"Great value place to rest your head"
Clean room, polite and friendly staff. Bit of a walk to the tube stations but the exercise is good for you. Lots of cheap and friendly bars, pubs and restaurants near by. If you just want a plain and simple place to rest your head. Will certainly go back again.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2015
Gavin
"Fairly close to what was expected for the cost"
We were in London for a holiday and stayed at the CGH due to affordability. For the most part it was good but we found gum stuck to the radiator and the shower head fell off. It would have been nice to have some bedside lights as well.
5 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
Craig
"Nice little budget guest house!"
Nice little place to stay if you are on a budget, easy to get into London, number 87 bus comes every 6 mins and goes to Westminster and Trafalgar square and covent gardens. Next to mc.donalds which was handy and a Tesco 10 min walk away.
1 night trip with friends Jul 29, 2015
wendy
Good location, near to Train station and easy to move around. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Near to the Road, so is quite noisy.
5 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
CHER TIN
SG
"Convenient location for our needs"
I was revisiting the Battersea area as this is where I was born and spent all my childhood and wanted to see what it is like now. Cant say the area has been improved for the better but went to Battersea Park and Clapham Common where I had spent many hours and these areas are still lovely. So we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
Kathy66
Fine for a sleep. Rail station nearby but not the most useful line. Very good value for London.
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
Ray
"First class service, shabby room."
Staff member on duty when I checked in was fantastic. So helpful, nothing was too much trouble for him. The room on the other hand was a bit shabby, although it was very comfortable & clean.
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Alexandra
"Good budget option"
Very comfortable beds, clean room, well placed for transport
1 night trip with friends May 24, 2015
Herbert
"It was horrible . And smelt badly"
Even the faulty towers make better stay. Rooms were so tiny. It smelt like and animals decomposed body. I wouldn't recommend to any one. I m surprised how the hotel got more than 1 star. No car park. Staff were not very friendly . I had to change the 1 room the second room wasn't any better either . At the end u had to sing out early as I couldn't put up with the smell
Other trip May 23, 2015
ali
"a step away from a hostle.."
inn very outdate, not even supplied with soap,or washcloths, room very small, no where to put luggage, very clean ,but rooms very hot, no way to turn heat down or adjust...getting luggage to room very inconvient, no elevator(did not work) so had to climb many step's and stairs to second floor,also many doors to go through..all and all did not spoil stay or London, but too far out and very outdated
4 night trip with friends May 9, 2015
"London vist"
was in good location to use the local bus system beds were very low to ground and mattress level was same as bed frame so hard to get in and out of for a senior front desk was helpful no amenities in rooms no mirror facecloth hairdryer etc ok for the amount of time we spent there
4 night trip with friends May 9, 2015
nancy
"Chelsea guest house"
Beautiful refurbishment and very comfortable room. Staff very friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip May 4, 2015
"good pleasant stay"
Good find. Nice hotel currently been renovated/expanded. Helpful staff. Room clean plesant and what you would expect for the price range in London. Also free parking at weekends! And McDonalds literally next door!
1 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2015
"Stayed for the brixton 02"
Good location for the 02. Around half an hours walk. Comfortable triple room with three single beds.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"My stay"
Me and my friend needed a place whilst we were seeing a band at Brixton. The lady on the reception was really nice and ordered us a taxi when we asked for a recommendation. This was good to go the extra mile for us as she didn't have to. We went up to the room and was very clean. Well made up and exactly what we needed for a one night stay. The only downside I'd say really was the mould in the bathroom on the ceiling and that there wasn't a kettle/cups or anything to help self cater or be able to have a glass of water. But this is me being picky but for the price I would of expected it. Overall I was really happy with it all. Comfortable, great staff member and the ability to come back whenever was great and ideal for our needs.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"Excellent value for money."
Excellent value for money. Area is slightly sketchy, but no serious problems.
1 night trip with friends Feb 14, 2015
Oskar
"Don't do it"
Just awful
2 night trip with friends Jan 28, 2015
Nathan
"Great for a nights stay after a gig"
Me and two friends needed a cheap hotel to stay over night after a gig at Brixton O2 academy. Perfect distance- only a 20 minute walk (roughly), close enough but also away from the more dodgy areas of Brixton. We stayed in a triple room and were very impressed with the value for money! The room was nice and clean, modern bathroom which appeared to be quite new. Shower was good quality and we were provided with a hairdryer which was brilliant. Beds were comfortable and everything we needed was later out for us already when we got there such as towels etc. Also has the bonus of a macdonalds right next doors and a tescos express just down the road, perfect for quick and easy food. Hotel staff were very friendly, would definitely reccomend!
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"Dissapointing but staff wonderful."
Staff where wonderful but I wouldn't recommend taking children as you can hear next door also outside traffic was very noisy. Carpet was stained and toilet filthy. Taxi firm thats recommended I wouldn't use ever again, the night driver was extremely rude and insulting and scared my 13 year old daughter with shouting because we didnt know where he parked as it was an unmarked taxi.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
"Good location, problems with shower"
This hotel was conveniently located close to Paddington. We didn't spend too much time in the room, but the time we did spend there was relatively comfortable. Our only complaints were with regards to the bathroom (keep in mind that we appeared to have been assigned a disabled access room, and therefore our comments may not have been applicable to other rooms). The shower did not seem to drain properly leaked all over the floor and even out into the carpet in the room. Additionally, there was no hot water at all when we attempted to use the shower. We didn't try the shower until shortly before check-out, so we did not try to change our room, but it was a rather unpleasant end to what had otherwise been a pretty good stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Disappointed......................"
No lifts and had to lug the luggage up 4 narrow flights, room has no table, toiletries, complimentary tea/coffee or kettle, small attic dormer window 6feet above floor and opens a 2inch gap, all in all very claustrophobic. Good thing is that fast food burger joint is next door, their GBP5 breakfast at a nearby café is worth the value and bus stop is close by.
4 night family trip Dec 4, 2014
Clement
SG
"reasonable stay"
Value for money. Good enough for a short stay and close enough to overground, underground and bus stop.
2 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
mohd asha ari
"Simple stay, no luxury."
There was no tea-coffee-kettle, unable to provide breakfast. Ł5 voucher would have been given to one of the nearest cafe shop. Window faced to McDonald's backyard (air con and smell). With all this it was a bit expensive for this (Ł45).
1 night business trip Nov 24, 2014
"Comfy nights sleep in pristine clean room."
Arrived quite late, very polite and helpful reception staff, who were able to give me all the information and help that I needed.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Good but no hooks"
Good place, a little bit far from the center but you have a direct bus next to the hotel to go to the center of London. It was well explained by the reception No hooks in the bathroom to hang the clothes/towels, not very practical... small room but enough for only sleep... very nice people at the reception
2 night family trip Nov 11, 2014
Aurore
"What to say?"
Had to book for a night stay in short notice. And this hotel was closest to Vauxhall. The area seemed a bit dodgy. Staff was nice, helpful and all. Room is certainly not worth 3 stars, rather 1,5! It was cold. Wind was coming from the window, not fully insulated. The tiniest hotel wc I've ever seen. And still could see the dirts inside. The sink had separate hot water taps. Would not recommend this hotel for a couple stay!
1 night romance trip Nov 4, 2014
"Very good value"
Lovely helpful staff. One bus ride (No. 87) into London. Comfortable beds but noisy pipes when toilet flushed, and a slightly loose room door which knocked when there was a draught. To be fair though, had we mentioned it they'd probably have moved us. Would stay there again. Free wifi in room was an advantage.
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
"Thanks Chelsea Guest House :)"
Very nice staff and room was excellent :)
1 night trip Nov 8, 2014
Joahua
"Great for transport links into central London."
Staff were friendly and helpful but whichever way you dress it up the room was damp.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014