All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Beautiful beach
    Regular internet service
    Comfortable
    Poor vibe
No hotel parking was available and street parking was very difficult with limited hours. Room convenient with small kitchen table and chairs, stove, kitchen sink, large refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, plates, cups and silverware.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2016
Too brief to make good sense
1 night family trip Jan 27, 2016
Michael A
"location is good but.."
I'm sorry but there's not looks like a hotel. . and my friends got upset because power off easily; ;; I don't think we go there next time. ..
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2015
"Great location in many ways"
Great Location! This hotel doesn't look like much from the street but the units are clean and really a small apartment. Full size kitchen, nice bathroom area with a dressing room and lots of closet space. Front desk was very accommodating to our schedule. So close to everything. Public buses are 1/2 block away that will get you to downtown easily. English Bay is just a block away with benches and walking area. Many, many ethnic restaurants to chose from along Denman. I could spend weeks in this neighborhood. Our room was very quiet as I asked for one that did not face the street. A very pleasant stay and economical. We will be back often.
2 night business trip Dec 2, 2015
Peggy
"English Bay"
I stayed here for a month in winter, while waiting for tenants to move out of my own house. This hotel arguably has the best location in Vancouver. Steps away from English Bay and Stanley Park. The downside is they haven't renovated the hotel in (probably) thirty years. It is also not spotlessly clean but as they were charging a room rate of nearly half what neighboring hotels charge, I felt that was a fair trade off, especially as i was staying on my own and not trying to impress anyone!
Other trip Dec 1, 2015
Stephen
"Not gross or scary"
This hotel is in a safe and beautiful area. The water is across the street and it's an amazing location for walking in the park. There are many restaurants within walking distance and there are bus routes accessible as well. The hotel itself is very dated. It feels like being in a weird old apartment building. It is not dirty and there are no bedbugs. It is affordable and the room had a full kitchen if you want to cook. Expect NO FRILLS if you stay here. In fact the lower your expectations the better your stay will probably be...
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
Shawna
"A great stay at English Bay Hotel"
Loved the location! The front desk help was great. Our room was cleaned everyday. The parking was funky, but worked. Your not paying for a 4 or 5 star hotel, so don't expect 4 or 5 star hotel amenities. We felt we got more than our money's worth due to the fantastic location, and the beautiful ocean view from our window!
3 night romance trip Oct 1, 2015
Shannon
This place definitely lived up to the standard of "low cost provider". I got it confused with the English Bay Inn, which is where I was supposed to stay.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2015
Russell
"Location good, hotel is ok"
Room is fine and location is really awesome. You can see the water front from the hotel window. Parking sucks. They gave the Key to parking , but didn't told clearly where to park. I went to wrong gate and it is not opening. Later, I figured out correct route. But, parking is very far from the elevator. they are giving single room for 2 families , but giving only one parking, not 2. So, my friend struggled a lot to find outside parking. This is really old hotel. they have only one bath room for 2 families. At least, they should have sync separate outside the bathroom so that others will get ready.
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
Suresh
"Great location,great sunsets, hotel smelly"
At checkin,I asked about paeking and told clerk my car had a luggage carrier and needed 7 ft clearance. He said it wouldn'tfit and ask the hotel across the. Street. Itold him his website didn't say anything about underground parking or clearance, only that parking is $10 per day. He said hotel across the atreet to park there. I asked him to call the hotel, he said he didn' t know the number. After going back and forth with him ,he said ok you can park at the upper lot here for $20 per day. It was in a disgusting alleyway then underneath and still scraped top of car,not a 7 ft clearance. Rooms are old, spacious but whole place smells.area around hotel is nice,lots of restaurants and beach is graeat.
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
"Pleasant Stay, Close to English Bay Beach."
After finishing the major bike event, Ride from Seattle to Vancouver and Party, I found the hotel to be convenient, clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. Being in the "fun" part of Vancouver, it does stay noisy outside until late--but that fit me just fine. A little older and chewed around the edges, but the money you save, gets you a great dinner out.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
"Perfect Stay!"
We love this hotel and are definitely staying here every time we come to Vancouver, clean, spacious rooms, perfect location, and perfect view. Price was very affordable.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Old gem."
We stayed 2 nights until cruise departure. The hotel is nothing fancy, looks old and outdated but once we got to the room it was clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was wonderful; very friendly and helpful. Lots of restaurants right next to it and the area is safe, lots of people walking around. Walking distance to the ferry. We had a wonderful time in BC.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Ana
Large suite for the price. Not always consistent housekeeping (sometimes towels were replaced and sometimes not). Amenities were available in quantity (full basket of soap/shampoo, two empty refrigerators). Enjoyed the complimentary coffee and hot chocolate in the lobby.
5 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
"Vancouver stay"
This is as basic of a hotel as you can get. No frills at all not even breakfast offered. The rooms are small but do offer a full kitchen. The location is great, right next to the beach and Stanley park. But the neighborhood gets rough after hours. We even had a some kind of fight take place right under our window one evening. So expect to not get to much sleep!
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
rachelle
"Not Comforable"
The check-in area, room and garage was not clean. Every thing was old including the kitchen. The bathroom was small and no room to put your toilets items out. No toilet paper holder. No air condition. You have to pay for parking.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
Good price, lots of room and good location
1 night trip with friends Jul 5, 2015
danupope
"Just as I hoped"
clean sheets and room, and plenty of hot water. Not much more to ask of a small hotel in a big city. Would definitely stay here again. Just as advertised, medium expectations fully met.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Clay
"OK place for the price"
Our room was OK. Had shower over tub but no non-slip pads in the tub. Had a double bed and single bed w/kitchen which had full set of dishes, pots and pans, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, toaster. Very close to Stanley Park and on the #5 bus route which goes into the downtown district. ALL kinds of restaurants within walking distance. Close to the English Bay beach area.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"Dirty"
The front office was unorganized and not very hospitable. Out room had hair all over it from on the walls on the shower to our toilet seat. Walls were thin and hallways were disgusting. You couldn't pay me to stay there again.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"Location's great, basic facilities"
Location is lovely - right next to English Bay and a stone's throw from Stanley. Located right on Demnar, which had a bunch of restaurants. Room itself was pretty basic, though we appreciated the toaster, coffee maker, microwave in the kitchen area, and the extra bedroom (especially for a family with young children). Had a first apt charm - 80s-era bedsheets and carpet.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
Zoe
"Fantastic location"
OK facility. In a trendy and happening area of Vancouver.
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
"preparing for a cruise"
i wouldn't recommend this motel because it was unclean and the room was crowded. No air conditioning so we left the circular fan running. There were no screens in the windows. We only stayed one night and the price was ok
1 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
"Perfect for a week"
We had a triple with kitchen - perfect if you stay for a few days with your family. Location is SUPER, when you arrive at Amtrack station your taxi will cost around C$15. All perfect, happy to come again!
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Ralf
"great great great location; clean, dated interior"
fun,great food in area, wonderful beach, great running
Other trip May 31, 2015
phil
Basic hotel. Parking is $10 per night. I was surprised to find that the room had full kitchen with utensils. Street noise as you'd expect in such a location, nothing unreasonable. Nice view of the bay.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Best hotel in the area for the price"
The hotel is very dated but it was clean. The staff was friendly but are easily overwhelmed by any questions not directly pertaining to the room. Any questions relatingto bus routes, places to eat, or special accommodations will get blank stares. The room was clean and it is in a great location. Really this is the best hotel in this area for this price.
Other trip May 4, 2015
mike
"Okay place to stay"
Being above restaurants leaves a food smell in the hotel. Carpet is sticky. Love the neighborhood and proximity to restaurants, Stanley Park and aquatics center
3 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
Leslie
"Great views of the English Bay"
we had a huge apartment like room with a great view of the English bay on all sides of our room. we had a full stocked kitchen to cook if we wanted. Its a older place but I really loved the charm and the size of our room. The view was to kill for :) thanks again
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
MIchelle
"Comfortabe"
Great location near English Bay and close to downtown with bus services for those who don't want to drive. My room was comfortable and the electric heater came handy. Overall I was satisfied and will stay there again.
1 night trip Mar 11, 2015
"Value stay, not that clean though"
The room was not the cleanest or best kept. But then again, we paid half of what ANYTHING in that area would have been. It was comfortable enough and provided a place to sleep. Just be aware that if you are paying half the price (closer to 1/3 of the price) of the Marriotts and Hyatts, you probably shouldn't get upset when the hotel is not as clean...
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
"decent place"
Not bad at all. A little bit noisy since it is located right in downtown. Rooma are a bit outdated so expect a bit noise but no complaints when it comes to comfort. Room was clean and spacious.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"worst hotel ever"
I will never book in this hotel again. even if it is the last one. I would prefer to drive 150 miles to an event that to stay in that place. the people are rude unhelpful and the have some kind of ponzie skim with the tow truck company. they wait until you go to your room at night and the they call the tow truck company to take your car. proven by many people that stayed there and even the taxi draver that took me to go get my car.
1 night business trip Nov 30, 2014
"Nice Old Hotel"
Large room with kitchenette. Felt like a small apartment more than a hotel room. Had a great view of english bay. Close to a lot of good restaurants and Stanley Park.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
Alexander
"Nice place to stay for the price"
This hotel was very nice for the price. The room was ok, a little dirty, which we knew to expect. I will still stay there again for the location, and the cost. This was totally worth the price. I have read some complaints about the smell, but I did not have any problem with that. It smelled like Lysol, Pine-sol, or celery, depending on the time of day. Over all I really liked this hotel.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Mandy
"good location old hotel"
it's a very old hotel. The room smells like really really old wood, specially when it's rainy. and during our stay, it rained a lot. The room was clean but the sheets were way too tiny for the bed. The sheet kept coming off from the mattress. The service isn't great. When we checked in I wasn't sure if I came to the right place because the guy at the front desk just kept staring at me without saying anything. That was really weird. The room was nice and big. We had enough towels for ever but the towels weren't very good quality. We didn't use the kitchen other than the microwave for popcorn and the freezer for ice cream. but it's surely good to have the option. The location is very nice. There are a lot of nice places to eat around.
4 night family trip Sep 24, 2014
ROL
"Walking distance beach/parks/good transportation."
This hotel was perfectly located; close to beach, restaurants,cafes, markets, bars, emergency clinic across the street, bus lines, trolley line and shopping malls. The hotel is old but clean and staff is on call 24 hrs. The hotel is efficiently run by Chinese, It is 4 stories high, with the bottom floor at zero or really 5 stories. I would have given a 5 rating for facilities except that the internet did not work consistently above the second floor. I was on the third floor and most of the time the internet did not work there. I informed the staff and one staff member said electronics were just unreliable, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I did not have a problem at other hotels with the same laptop. The room included a kitchen with stove, microwave, refrigerator, dishes. The bathroom was large with a large bedroom including 2 beds. The place was very clean and worth the money $139.00 and we stayed three nights. The wake up call was on time and we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to everyone who wants a downtown location close to everything. Phone calls are very expensive if you do not have a cell phone.
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
Senior lady Bev
"Not what we expected."
The rating of 3.6 was deceptive for this hotel. The hotel needed overall maintenance, throughout the building. Everything was generally dirty, including the elevator and hallways. The room was a mix of comfortable beds with clean linens to an old 4 burner stove with masking tape identifying the burners. The parking was behind and under the building, with a narrow staircase leading up to the alleyway and then onto the lobby. There is no easy way to get your luggage up those stairs. No elevator. The one good thing about this hotel was it's proximity to English Bay, which was within a block. You can see it from the window in the room. I would not recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Judy
Hotel is right in the middle of downtown. We spent 2 nights there. Room was clean. It has a little kitchen that we didn't use but if we wanted it had everything u need. And the price was low compared to other hotels in the area. Staff was friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
"Decent hotel in a great location"
Hotel is not new but clean. There is some kind of weird smell in the halls and rooms but we were able to get rid of it in the room by opening the windows. Front desk staff is helpful. Internet connection is reliable. Windows are huge and the view is nice (our room was on the 4th floor). The best thing is the location. Super close to the English Bay and Stanley Park. Tons of restaurants for all tastes on Denman Street. Not too far from the Robson Street if you want to go shopping.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Lena
"Awesome location on west end"
Got there before check in and they allowed us to leave our luggage.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"Phishing in Vancouver"
Website room photos do not reflect actual room that you stay in, they probably fixed one room for photos. Wall to wall carpeting went up the walls 3 inches, no baseboards. The kitchen fascilities were minimal, you had a electric kettle and it was extremely difficult to get to stove as the refridgerator was so tightly spaced next to it. The windows were extremely old with portable AC unit hanging through window. It appears this facility used to be apartments that were turned into hotel rooms. Expedia should call this English Bay Hotel Apartments not English Bay Hotel.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
cesar
Excellent price for the location
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Simple, Great Location, very well maintained"
Everything was very well organized at the hotel, and the room was clean, well maintained and in a beautiful location for viewing the ocean. We had a great room, spacious, clean, simple and couldn't have been happier. But there is nothing fancy. This is clean and simple. But very nice.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Great Location, Mediocre Room"
Pros: Great location. Stanley park is few blocks away and there are MANY restaurants in the area. The hotel is one of the cheaper hotels in the area. The room has a kitchen - full frig, stove, and cabinets, although we did not use it. Pretty fast wifi. Cons: Room smelled strongly of chlorine upon arrival. No AC so it got pretty warm at night, even with the windows opened. You can hear almost everything that's going outside the hotel, from homeless people singing to car exhausts, even with the windows closed. This made sleeping difficult.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
The English Bay Inn is a good value in a great location.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
Norm
The staff were wonderful: good advice and helpful. The "boss" (as he called himself) responded to a request for a screwdriver by accompanying the screwdriver to our room and taking over the repair project (a card shuffler) - and would accept no tip. Thanks for everything!
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Great location, great people"
stayed one night. Great location downtown right near the beach. I stayed on the third floor and had an ocean view.the hotel is oldand the furniture in the rooms is oldbut they keep it cleanspace and the room had a flat screen.the hotel is on a busy street so if you are not used to the city it may be too noisy. The people at the front desk were very nice and helpful. There are a lot of bars and shops near the hotel. I did not drive and was able to walk to many of the attractions in the area. There is also a bus stop across the street. I would definitely go back to this hotel but if you have expensive taste it may not be for you.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Patrick
"Awesome value"
So we stayed here for two nights on our honeymoon. We were trying to save a few bucks while in Vancouver. The hotel itself is definitely not high class but, fantastic location. The room was much better than we expected and perfectly comfortable (even had full kitchen). We spent sunsets hanging out with the locals on English Bay Beach (right across the street from hotel). Its in such a vibrant part of town with so much activity and restaurants galor. For half the price of basically anything else in downtown, its a nobrainer!
2 night trip Jun 1, 2014
benc
"Fascinating"
The location is perfect. Staff were very friendly and polite. The room was very clean with lots of facilities. Mini kitchen was fantastic. I recommend this hotel to everyone.
1 night business trip May 31, 2014