All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1150 Denman Street, Vancouver, BC, V6G 2M9, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

Large suite for the price. Not always consistent housekeeping (sometimes towels were replaced and sometimes not). Amenities were available in quantity (full basket of soap/shampoo, two empty refrigerators). Enjoyed the complimentary coffee and hot chocolate in the lobby.
5 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
"Vancouver stay"
This is as basic of a hotel as you can get. No frills at all not even breakfast offered. The rooms are small but do offer a full kitchen. The location is great, right next to the beach and Stanley park. But the neighborhood gets rough after hours. We even had a some kind of fight take place right under our window one evening. So expect to not get to much sleep!
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
rachelle
Good price, lots of room and good location
1 night trip with friends Jul 5, 2015
danupope
"preparing for a cruise"
i wouldn't recommend this motel because it was unclean and the room was crowded. No air conditioning so we left the circular fan running. There were no screens in the windows. We only stayed one night and the price was ok
1 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
"Okay place to stay"
Being above restaurants leaves a food smell in the hotel. Carpet is sticky. Love the neighborhood and proximity to restaurants, Stanley Park and aquatics center
3 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
Leslie
"Great views of the English Bay"
we had a huge apartment like room with a great view of the English bay on all sides of our room. we had a full stocked kitchen to cook if we wanted. Its a older place but I really loved the charm and the size of our room. The view was to kill for :) thanks again
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
MIchelle
"Comfortabe"
Great location near English Bay and close to downtown with bus services for those who don't want to drive. My room was comfortable and the electric heater came handy. Overall I was satisfied and will stay there again.
1 night trip Mar 11, 2015
"Value stay, not that clean though"
The room was not the cleanest or best kept. But then again, we paid half of what ANYTHING in that area would have been. It was comfortable enough and provided a place to sleep. Just be aware that if you are paying half the price (closer to 1/3 of the price) of the Marriotts and Hyatts, you probably shouldn't get upset when the hotel is not as clean...
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
"decent place"
Not bad at all. A little bit noisy since it is located right in downtown. Rooma are a bit outdated so expect a bit noise but no complaints when it comes to comfort. Room was clean and spacious.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"worst hotel ever"
I will never book in this hotel again. even if it is the last one. I would prefer to drive 150 miles to an event that to stay in that place. the people are rude unhelpful and the have some kind of ponzie skim with the tow truck company. they wait until you go to your room at night and the they call the tow truck company to take your car. proven by many people that stayed there and even the taxi draver that took me to go get my car.
1 night business trip Nov 30, 2014
"Nice Old Hotel"
Large room with kitchenette. Felt like a small apartment more than a hotel room. Had a great view of english bay. Close to a lot of good restaurants and Stanley Park.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
Alexander
"Nice place to stay for the price"
This hotel was very nice for the price. The room was ok, a little dirty, which we knew to expect. I will still stay there again for the location, and the cost. This was totally worth the price. I have read some complaints about the smell, but I did not have any problem with that. It smelled like Lysol, Pine-sol, or celery, depending on the time of day. Over all I really liked this hotel.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Mandy
"good location old hotel"
it's a very old hotel. The room smells like really really old wood, specially when it's rainy. and during our stay, it rained a lot. The room was clean but the sheets were way too tiny for the bed. The sheet kept coming off from the mattress. The service isn't great. When we checked in I wasn't sure if I came to the right place because the guy at the front desk just kept staring at me without saying anything. That was really weird. The room was nice and big. We had enough towels for ever but the towels weren't very good quality. We didn't use the kitchen other than the microwave for popcorn and the freezer for ice cream. but it's surely good to have the option. The location is very nice. There are a lot of nice places to eat around.
4 night family trip Sep 24, 2014
ROL
"Walking distance beach/parks/good transportation."
This hotel was perfectly located; close to beach, restaurants,cafes, markets, bars, emergency clinic across the street, bus lines, trolley line and shopping malls. The hotel is old but clean and staff is on call 24 hrs. The hotel is efficiently run by Chinese, It is 4 stories high, with the bottom floor at zero or really 5 stories. I would have given a 5 rating for facilities except that the internet did not work consistently above the second floor. I was on the third floor and most of the time the internet did not work there. I informed the staff and one staff member said electronics were just unreliable, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I did not have a problem at other hotels with the same laptop. The room included a kitchen with stove, microwave, refrigerator, dishes. The bathroom was large with a large bedroom including 2 beds. The place was very clean and worth the money $139.00 and we stayed three nights. The wake up call was on time and we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to everyone who wants a downtown location close to everything. Phone calls are very expensive if you do not have a cell phone.
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
Senior lady Bev
"Not what we expected."
The rating of 3.6 was deceptive for this hotel. The hotel needed overall maintenance, throughout the building. Everything was generally dirty, including the elevator and hallways. The room was a mix of comfortable beds with clean linens to an old 4 burner stove with masking tape identifying the burners. The parking was behind and under the building, with a narrow staircase leading up to the alleyway and then onto the lobby. There is no easy way to get your luggage up those stairs. No elevator. The one good thing about this hotel was it's proximity to English Bay, which was within a block. You can see it from the window in the room. I would not recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Judy
Hotel is right in the middle of downtown. We spent 2 nights there. Room was clean. It has a little kitchen that we didn't use but if we wanted it had everything u need. And the price was low compared to other hotels in the area. Staff was friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
"Decent hotel in a great location"
Hotel is not new but clean. There is some kind of weird smell in the halls and rooms but we were able to get rid of it in the room by opening the windows. Front desk staff is helpful. Internet connection is reliable. Windows are huge and the view is nice (our room was on the 4th floor). The best thing is the location. Super close to the English Bay and Stanley Park. Tons of restaurants for all tastes on Denman Street. Not too far from the Robson Street if you want to go shopping.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Lena
"Awesome location on west end"
Got there before check in and they allowed us to leave our luggage.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"Phishing in Vancouver"
Website room photos do not reflect actual room that you stay in, they probably fixed one room for photos. Wall to wall carpeting went up the walls 3 inches, no baseboards. The kitchen fascilities were minimal, you had a electric kettle and it was extremely difficult to get to stove as the refridgerator was so tightly spaced next to it. The windows were extremely old with portable AC unit hanging through window. It appears this facility used to be apartments that were turned into hotel rooms. Expedia should call this English Bay Hotel Apartments not English Bay Hotel.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
cesar
Excellent price for the location
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Simple, Great Location, very well maintained"
Everything was very well organized at the hotel, and the room was clean, well maintained and in a beautiful location for viewing the ocean. We had a great room, spacious, clean, simple and couldn't have been happier. But there is nothing fancy. This is clean and simple. But very nice.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Great Location, Mediocre Room"
Pros: Great location. Stanley park is few blocks away and there are MANY restaurants in the area. The hotel is one of the cheaper hotels in the area. The room has a kitchen - full frig, stove, and cabinets, although we did not use it. Pretty fast wifi. Cons: Room smelled strongly of chlorine upon arrival. No AC so it got pretty warm at night, even with the windows opened. You can hear almost everything that's going outside the hotel, from homeless people singing to car exhausts, even with the windows closed. This made sleeping difficult.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
The English Bay Inn is a good value in a great location.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
Norm
The staff were wonderful: good advice and helpful. The "boss" (as he called himself) responded to a request for a screwdriver by accompanying the screwdriver to our room and taking over the repair project (a card shuffler) - and would accept no tip. Thanks for everything!
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Great location, great people"
stayed one night. Great location downtown right near the beach. I stayed on the third floor and had an ocean view.the hotel is oldand the furniture in the rooms is oldbut they keep it cleanspace and the room had a flat screen.the hotel is on a busy street so if you are not used to the city it may be too noisy. The people at the front desk were very nice and helpful. There are a lot of bars and shops near the hotel. I did not drive and was able to walk to many of the attractions in the area. There is also a bus stop across the street. I would definitely go back to this hotel but if you have expensive taste it may not be for you.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Patrick
"Awesome value"
So we stayed here for two nights on our honeymoon. We were trying to save a few bucks while in Vancouver. The hotel itself is definitely not high class but, fantastic location. The room was much better than we expected and perfectly comfortable (even had full kitchen). We spent sunsets hanging out with the locals on English Bay Beach (right across the street from hotel). Its in such a vibrant part of town with so much activity and restaurants galor. For half the price of basically anything else in downtown, its a nobrainer!
2 night trip Jun 1, 2014
benc
"Fascinating"
The location is perfect. Staff were very friendly and polite. The room was very clean with lots of facilities. Mini kitchen was fantastic. I recommend this hotel to everyone.
1 night business trip May 31, 2014
Bahman Ranjbar
"Excellent location and very helpful staff"
Overall worth it clean and friendly with parking great location close to everything with beach one block great bistro out door and to the right one block
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
Professor
Clean, comfortable, very friendly staff. Bed a little soft.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
"Love this place, its location and room pricing"
This was my third week-long stay at this hotel. The rooms are always clean and include a small kitchenette. The room price is terrific, and I will continue to stay here during all my future visits to Vancouver. The room was cleaned daily with the used towels and sheets routinely replaced. The location is wonderful. Hotel is a short walk to the beach and sea wall trails, Stanly Park nature preserve, the aquarium and the many fun restaurants in the area. It sits on the main transient routes for Vancouver’s excellent public transient system, plus down town center city is a modest walk away, as are the small boats shuttling people to the delightful Grandville Island tourist trap. You can open the windows to catch the sea breezes, and if the room overlooks the main street, the alive sounds and smells of the city. My only complaint is the lack of a super soft pillow. Now this place is not the Ritz-Carlton in which I have stayed more than once. I view hotels as a place to store your stuff while exploring the local environment and sleep when that time arrives. I am a guy with Spartan needs and a thin pocket book – I actually much prefer this hotel to the pretentious overpriced, high-end hotels in which I have stayed while traveling on business. For me and presumably people with my needs and tastes in hotels this place is 5-Star accommodations. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great bargain in accommodations with a great location in Vancouver.
6 night trip Apr 16, 2014
srs

"One night stay."
Great room,great price...downtown and minutes away for store,restaurant and English bay...noisy at night until 2 am if you facing the Main Street, what to you expect were downtown...had a great view from my room of English bay and just that was priceless. 7/10.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"June 2015 review"
We had a lovely stay at this hotel. The staff are very helpful and there is everything in the room that you would need, being an aparthotel. It is what you would expect for a 2 star. I would recommend it and would also stay there again.
2 night trip with friends Jul 5, 2015
Ms marilyn
"This hotel needs some serious improvements"
The advantage of this hotel is its location: less than 5 minutes from the beach. I stayed 2 times at this hotel in the past 5 years and I was in a overall satisfaction happy with my stay. But, unfortunately things are changed. We found the room a reasonable size, room cleanliness was OK: we found some not clean spots. Renovations were not well done and the lower part of the window sill was not adjusted properly letting cold air enter in; chairs to sit around the table were old and not comfortable at all. Inside the temperature was so hot that the fan helped a little to cool down the temperature. Until some improvements will be made, I, unfortunately, not recommend this hotel.
2 night trip with friends May 27, 2015
"Great budget-priced hotel"
An older style, no frills hotel but great value for the price with comfy beds and flat screen televisions. The hotel is located close to bars, restaurants, shops and the English Bay beach. Friendly and helpful staff who will look after your luggage outside check-in/check-out times. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Shirley
"English Bay hotel was good"
No problems, everything went smoothly. Hotel is not fancy, but room was quiet and comfortable and at a great location.
3 night trip with friends May 7, 2015
"Great area for beach walking"
It was lovely to be so close to the beach but noisy at night
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
"We will be back!"
We enjoyed our stay at English Bay hotel. Comfortable suite with a kitchen, very friendly service, and great location. We will be back!
6 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Maria
"Great Value, Great location"
The strange smell in the dingy hallways put us off at first but the room was big with a full kitchen, comfy bed, good wifi, good SD TV. Steps from English Bay. Helpful staff.
8 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
"View of English Bay"
This hotel is very basic in décor, but is comfortable, and right across from English Bay. The bus stops right around the corner, any kind of restaurant you want within walking distance. The front desk staff were very helpful.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Jen
"Disappointing"
Good location, short walk to water and lovely beach. Nice having a kitchenette but can opener didn't work so had to go to frount desk to have can opened which the staff did for us. Hotel is very worn out and needs updating. No thermastat to regulate the heat. Tried to turn off the valve on the the radiator but unable to close it off and no screen on the window so didn't feel comfortable leaving the window open even with being on the 4th floor. They did have fans in the room but still felt very warm. Underground parking very narrow steep alley then sharp turn to get in and out. Thank goodness we had a very small vehicle.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Diana
"nice hotel close to the ocean and stanley park"
rooms were clean, plenty of hot water, fridge, stove, microwave, utensils, more useful tv channels than some hotels, mattress was a little uncomfortable
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
Bil
"Hidden Gem"
Was in town for a business meeting. I used to live in the West End and this hotel is smack in the middle of everything I want to see. BIG room with renovated bath and full kitchen, giant desk, lots of towels and hot water.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
Jackie
"Terrible"
That was the worse hotel I ever stayed in,The whole hotel smelled disgusting.
3 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
"Space, views, location, comfort"
The building and decor are a bit tired, but this hotel has much to offer. The location is beautiful, with big-window views of English Bay, and handy - to good local shopping, transport links, and lovely walking around Stanley Park and False Creek. Downtown is only 20 minutes' walk away. The rooms are big, with a full kitchen (range, fridge/freezer, ample gear) so you really can self-cater, and a lobby that is good for clothes and luggage. The bathrooms have tubs. Wifi a little uneven but mostly good, and free. There is a coin laundry. Staff were helpful. We came back a second time.
4 night romance trip Jan 19, 2015
Janet
NZ
"Nice hotel to stay!"
Nice Neighborhood, everything is nearby.
2 night trip Jan 17, 2015
Joaquin
"New Years and polar bear swim"
Great little hotel and a wicked awesome price (especially for New Year's Eve) just a block from English bay
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
kelly
"Cheap downtown hotel."
We booked here because it was a cheap hotel downtown so we could walk everywhere. We were not going to be hanging out in hotel. Gone first thing in morning and did not arrive back until late at night. There was a kitchen available but we did not use.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Kate
"Our stay"
It was clean but noise outside a lot of car traffic etc but it was Grey Cup weekend
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Really old and smelly hotel."
I moved to this hotel after staying at the great Sandman hotel on Davie for 14 days. I needed a cheep hotel for a few days until I moved into my apartment. the hotel is really cheep. all the carpets smell and the furniture is from the 60s. walking down the hallway on the 3rd floor felt like I traveled threw time to 1969. :( The bed was OK and so was the bathroom. the kitchen smelled really bad so I didn't go near it the whole time I was there. good location but really bad hotel. wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Itay
"OK Hotel for self catering close to shops, beach."
tOK HOTEL IS OLD AND TIRED BUT COMFORTABLE WITH PLENTY OF ROOM.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014