All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1680 James Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.6
"Low expectations and leave happy!"
Nice neighborhood. One block to the beach and the Ritz, and a block to the Fillmore. Most pictures are of the lobby and outside for a reason. The rooms are old, small, and very outdated. Outside of your room the place has alot of charm and the experience grows on you. If you are just looking for a good place to sleep for the night at a cheap rate, this is it. Just dont have high expectations. PS. Avoid the bar inside the hotel across the street, $30 for a beer and a drink.
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
james
"Good Hotel"
Good stay.
3 night trip Apr 11, 2015
feaster
"Great location for decent price."
It's a nice hotel for the price you get (considering that it's the cheapest hotel in the neighborhood). Rooms are old but clean. We loved the design, very cool and different. It's just few mins from from the beach and bars/restaurants. The parking lot is really tiny, but we did have a spot left for us so we didn't have to worry about parking. We'll definitely come back.
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
"Miami beach hotel close to the convention center"
Good value for the money paid. Front desk was helpful. Very simple rooms but they had a fridge and the basics needed. Parking was included since there was sufficient space for the people staying. Moving the cars at the end was a little tricky, but it worked out. Sometimes a little noisy at night. I would recommend the hotel to others. It is close to Lincoln Road and the beach.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"Do not stay here"
This is a really bad hotel, awful service and very unpleasant. The room that we stayed in (205) was dirty, the bed was taped together, the tile on the floor wasn't glued to the floor and you don't want me to talk about the bathroom. I have taken pictures and it is harible. There's no parking, so they take your car and park it and keep the keys. When we went to grab something from the car, we noticed that the front desk desk person was in the car and had the key on her. As soon as we went out, she locked the car and when we asked for keys she took it from her pocket and not the key box.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Laleh
"Best for the price in South Beach"
If there's a hotel you take a chance on, it's this hotel!! The staff members are great; they're doing their best so be patient and have fun. The decor is amazing and colorful; odd but it gives it some character. Pros: The room was great for my 2 night stay. I couldn't beat the location for the price. I had no issue with loud neighbors or hot water. Cons: This is not a Hilton or any other chain. I would bring your own sheets (bed is kinda springy). The bathroom has slight mold on the ceiling but it's not terrible. The front desk has your car keys so if someone wants to leave, they can move your car if necessary. Very good hotel for saving money on trips/getaways. If you want a plush king size bed with mints on the pillow and comp'ed bath robes...this is NOT the hotel for you. If you want to see the city, have a good time and not sweat the small things, I HIGHLY recommend this hotel.
2 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
leroy
"Agood value for the money."
I would stay here again, fit our needs. The staff was very helpful.
Response by James Hotel
Thank you for the kind review!
1 night romance trip Mar 17, 2015
bruce
"A very "unique" hotel"
This hotel is nothing fancy and has a very "uniqueness" about it. The free very small parking lot was a major plus as was the proximity to the beach and Lincoln Street business and restaurants. I would stay here again.
Response by James Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. Come back soon.
2 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
denise
"Great Location, old, but works well"
The hotel is pretty old and needs some updating, but we only stayed one night and it was everything we needed. Location is beyond amazing... 2 minute walk to the beach, 2 minute walk to Lincoln Mall. First time in Miami and enjoyed being close to everything.
Thank you!
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
Jonathan
"Art Decour Hotel"
Loved the art & wall ocean Decor
Response by James Hotel
Thank you very much for the review!
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
"James Hotel in March"
Just went overnight from Pompano Beach FL for the Jackson Browne concert at the Filmore. Hotel was centrally located and we had a wonderful time.
Response by James Hotel
Thank you! We are happy you enjoyed the stay!
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Gabrielle
Didn't like it. Bed need new mattress cover and change towel feel like you dry your self with a sand paper. Almost trip couple time floor tile are an even. I will not recommend this place for that price......
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Interesting Decor in the Public Areas of the Hotel"
Stayed for 9 days to get away from the Chicago cold and snow. I would like to have had WI FI in the room. However they do have it in the lobby. Complimentary coffee is always available in the lobby. The decoration in the hotel is something to see. Google James Hotel Miami Beach to see the photos. This is not the Royal James Hotel.
9 night trip Jan 27, 2015
John P
"Eccentric hotel"
if you don't plan on spending much time in your hotel this is the place for you. It was picked because it was cheaper than others, location, and free parking. Keep that in mind. The exterior is quirky looking with all designs and statues. The room we had for 2 people was bare! A small bed, tv, fold out chair, and 2 small dressers. The bed was uncomfortable and the curtain hardly covered the window. So privacy was slim. The door locked only with a key. I felt uncomfortable leaving valuables. A small closet contained the refrig and microwave. Packages of rubbers were found on a higher shelf in the closet. Gross. The manager hands you the key and remote for the tv. You hand him your car keys so he can constantly move cars around in a lot next to the hotel. Also, there are cats where the cars are-which we heard at night next to our room. It was a unique experience.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
jomoma
"cheap hotel close to the mall"
this is hotel is cheap so i didn't expect anything grand. the hotel is old & it's more of a motel. if you wanna save money & be in a good location then you can stay in this hotel.
Thank you!!
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
shyta
"Quirky hotel, Great location, affordably priced"
We loved our stay at this little hotel. The lobby and hall decor is a mish-mash of everything tourist and borderline "tacky" in a good way but the rooms are fairly standard. The staff was very friendly and willing to help. Also our room had a ceiling fan which I loved!!! The location is excellent! You are one block from Lincoln Ave., the main street, and three blocks from the beach. The price is definitely affordable and I would definitely stay here again.
Response by James Hotel
Thank you for the kind review. Come back soon!
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Keleigh
"review"
Poorly maintained room and TV was not functional
1 night trip Dec 6, 2014
"Distinctive hotel, good value."
Hotel is in a good location, walkable to the beach. This is towards the quieter end of South Beach. The hotel itself is quirky in terms of the building exterior and the reception area, definitely not an anonymous chain feel! The rooms are variable. One of the rooms we had was refurbished, and smart. The other was yet to be updated and beginning to feel a bit tired. Lots of space in the room. Overall a good value for the area.
2 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2014
Ben
"Ok in a pinch"
Needs upgrading. Shower never worked. Barely any water pressure
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
Kristine
"Funky Chic"
Funky, Clean, and inexpensive. Very close to night life and great food. Good neighborhood, can walk night or day.
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
"horrible hotel"
The customer service was horrible. The conditions of the rooms and hotel are disgusting. No need to stay there, there are plenty hotels next to it that are in better conditions.
1 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
"Good Clunky Funky Fun"
The staff are very very good moving cars in the free parking area. You can tell they want their guests to be comfortable in the rooms. I was offered a blanket because the a/c is super-cold. Wake-up calls. The rooms vary. We had two rooms and one was better than the other. The sheets and mattresses are clean and comfortable. You are just one block from The Ritz and The National so you can pretend to be anything you want to be including clunky, funky and funny!
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"history momonet"
it was very QUIT LOVE THE art word very kind ready to help very nice Cuban with the right resorces
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
schnaider
"Great location, great staff, not fancy."
This hotel was decorated funky with friendly staff and free parking. It is in a great location! However, the room was dated and a bit small, but for us that works because of location and staff that made us feel comfortable. It is nothing fancy, but a great bargain, we would stay here again for sure..
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"Unique place"
I enjoyed the eclectic style of this place. Very unique. Rooms were dive, but very spacious. I chose this place because of price, uniqueness and convenience to the beach. I would come back!
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Good hotel"
You can sum up that vibe and atmosphere of Miami just in the way the hotel looks. The staff are friendly and help full. The location is great, every thing I need was within walking distance. Once we got there we never used the car till we left. I will stay there next time I'm in Miami Beach.
4 night business trip Jul 2, 2014
"One night at south beach"
Old and worn, but clean. Great service. Even a free parking, which is rare in that area. Couldn't have been better for $99 a night.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Frode
"Gaudy paint and weird decor doesn't equal 'funky'"
In short, spend some more money and stay elsewhere is my recommendation. My stay was three nights. Yes the price was cheap compared to other hotels, but this was a case of getting exactly what you pay for, or less. Slapping yet another coat of bright paint on the wall and decorating with odds and ends from the antique mall does not replace maintenance and upkeep of the property. The first room I was given was at the end of a long hall and had a huge 2.5 feet by 2.5 feet return vent for the building air-conditioning right inside the room door. This basically sucked all the cool air from the hallway and every bit of cool air out of the room. I could feel it pooling the hot air in around the old windows in bathroom. After four plus hours with no lowing of the temperature I went and they were willing to change my room after some back and forth as to not understanding the problem. The day I left they were in that room with the vent cover opened, so who knows. Otherwise the hotel is very old furniture, baths, paint, everything. The lobby smelt like industrial bathroom cleanser, so I just walked through quick each time. I was on the second floor so used the stairs, as I was warned about the very slow elevator, so if you get on the upper floor you may have a slow ride.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Close to everything"
The hotel was close to everything, and we didn't realize it! lol. We walked out to Lincoln road where all the shops and eateries are, and we were even able to walk to the beach and enjoy ourselves at Fat Tuesdays. The only downfall is that the shower was COLD. If they could fix this, I wouldn't mind staying there again.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"dump"
this hotel is a dump. the outlets did not work. I could not charge my phone. the tv did not work, there was no a/c for the first two nights because they said they were fixing it. I till I demanded a new room. a/c worked fine in the other room. why would they have placed me in a room that had no a/c when they had available rooms with a/c. disgraceful hotel
5 night trip Jun 18, 2014
"Not the Ritz Carlton but it's Clean"
Ok, so it's not the Ritz Carlton. But for $99 a night, it is a very good deal. A lot of little motels in the area are "retro" and built back int the lat 50s but this little motel is very clean. The parking was not free the first night because there was not room for my car, but after that they fit it in. The motel is located 2 streets from the ocean and right next door is Lincoln Road where there is lots of eats and shops. The owner of motel is very kind too. TBH, the bed was pretty firm but there was a fridge and a microwave in the room. I would stay again if I was going to shop or go to beach but did not need to sleep. The one thing you have to do there is go on the Segway tour at Bike and Roll across the steer. Ask for Shauna tour- it was amazing!!!!
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Lois from Wellington
"Beautiful"
We choose the James hotel because of the atmosphere of the building, and the convience of its location. We were not dissapointed! The room fit our family of 2 adults and 3 children well. The owner was VERY nice and helpful. The maintnece was good too. Now, it is an old building, but what the owners have done with it was awesome! All the walls were so exciting!! And of sourse, you couldn't ask for a better location! The pizza bar around the corner was by far our kids favorite thing :) Would def stay there again!
2 night trip May 31, 2014
"Convenient Location"
The room was basic but clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Only problem was that in our room the toilet wasn't working. Also, we had no hot water in the morning.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
Andrea
"Very central location."
An older basic hotel with a nice atmosphere. The staff was very helpful with all questions asked. Cheap compared to the location. I would go back any time!
2 night business trip May 27, 2014
Søren
Excellent location in a qiuet street. The the hotel would need some refurbishment but it was clean. The staff was very friendly.
3 night trip with friends May 10, 2014
"Awesome place to stay!"
I got an extremely good rate & they were super friendly. The James Hotel is down the block from the Ritz-Carlton which is right on the beach. I love Miami!
1 night trip Apr 27, 2014
Mikey Be.
"Close to the beach but kind of run down."
This hotel is not worth the money. Has a very strange parking situation, where you leave your keys and they move the cars in and out of the large driveway as people need them. Very run down hotel, but close to the beach. Last resort hotel.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
Nick
"Great Location, But"
This hotels is old, and very worn. A little creepy as well. It needs a lot of work. Plus, the desk clerk on duty had no record of our Hotels.com reservation. It took a little talking, a call to hotels.com, and a fax from them to secure our room. The location is great.... Only a block from the beach. The staff was nice, but seemed bothered when asked for anything. Like getting our car unblocked in the cramped parking lot.
1 night trip Apr 13, 2014
"Good lovation not so nice hotel"
Great location. I went for ultra weekend and it was wayy overpriced for what it is paying 170 a night with taxes.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
"Convenient"
You get what you pay for, though I paid for a room with two queens, I arrived without my partner and was given a single bed. A/C needs a lot of work
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Looking for a cheap room in Miami for 2 days"
The location of the hotel is great and it has parking places. The confort of the room is weak but the main advantage was the price of it.
Other trip Mar 1, 2014
Martin
"James Hotel"
Excellent location outside and lobby are well decorated and appealing but the beds are in need of being updated other than that they did a good job.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
"Located a block from Lincoln Road and Collins Ave."
This is an old hotel with a fun lobby. While it is old, there was a new bathroom installed. I like the idea that the tub was removed and replaced with a large shower. Gentleman at the desk was very pleasant and concerned about my stay. Always a friendly greeting and a sincere goodbye when I left. Reasonable rates for a solo traveler. I would stay there again.
9 night trip Jan 28, 2014
John Keating
"The Hotel smelled horribly."
I had to find another hotel as I could not stand the smell. The rooms were old and patch-worked.
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
Great location and value but be prepared to compromise on GREAT customer service. It's obvious that English is their second language, so be a little patient with communication.
Other trip Jan 29, 2014
D
"Bare bones"
We got to hotel around 11pm and front desk staff told us there is no parking available until we said couple of words in Spanish. We stayed for two nights, location is very good. Room is very dark and smell not so fresh. Floor dirty, beds was OK. You get what you pay for. It was cheap compare to other places.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
Elena
"location"
just ok for the location, I would not stay here again due to dirty sheets and towels, oh and it's hard like rock. I guess it's a 2**, that is why.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
"One night stay"
All of the hotel staff was very helpful and pleasing, from the two ladies when I checked in to the father of the owner in the morning and the guardian later on. They were helpful providing internet access code and information, as well as for arranging for rental parking my car in front of the hotel at no cost and this until the afternoon of the day I checked out. The room was very spacious and overall clean (tiles, bathroom, beds) even though there was an empty coke can under one of the beds, the door did not lock properly and the phone was disconnected. The location of the hotel is very central to all the main attractions and convenient. Good quality for the price at Miami's standards !
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"Nice economic hotel close to beach"
We stayed in this hotel for two nights. The boss and the location are very nice. We were there early and the boss let us checked in with no problem. It is two blocks to the beach. And also close to the shopping mall and restaurant. The only thing i gave it 4 out of 5 is that, the building is old. Don't expect it looks like a 3 star hotel.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
"Room Smelled Bad"
Though the staff was nice, everything worked and the room had a fresh coat of paint, I can recommend James Hotel to nobody. The room had a horrible smell that made me afraid to open the door. Also, if you removed the television and microwave, the room could have come from a 1945 low life movie. Though ample in size, it was probably the least comfortable room I can remember.
2 night trip Dec 6, 2013