All hotels in Tokyo, Japan
1-22-16 Kita-Shinagawa, Shinagawa, Tokyo, Tokyo-to, 140-0001, Japan, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0

服務和交通都很好的飯店!
3 night business trip Jan 3, 2014
TW
"対応が悪い"
台風の前日宿泊を予約しましたが、数時間後満室になったという理由で別の旅館に振替を強いられました。正直にそれは申し分なかったです。どこでも満室な状況で手配してもらって助かりました。ただし、振替先の旅館に支払済のことを連絡してなく、危うく二回支払ってしまうことになりかけました。別の旅館に丸投げてもきちんとフォローしてほしいです。
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
JP
2 night trip Feb 27, 2014
KR

TripAdvisor reviews for Guest House Shinagawa-shuku

06/30/15 shmoe8 Huntington Beach, California
This was the last hostel that I stayed at on my trip to Japan and Korea and this by far was my favorite. The location was spectacular and the environment was extremely welcoming. I was solo and they welcomed me in. It was very authentic especially with the tatami room. I would definitely recommend it to everyone.
"Best place for a single traveller!"
05/17/15 Jade_alexander1 London, United Kingdom
Shinagawa guesthouse What a fantastic place to stay! The staff are so friendly and fun, and all speak English, the rooms are tiny japanese style but clean and neat. The shared bathrooms were also very clean with shampoo, conditioner and body wash supplied. No problems with waiting at all, and the wifi is great. The guests are both Japanese coming for weekends or longer stays and foreigners. The guys who run the hostel are brilliant and lots of locals drop by for a chat, so do go down to the communal room and have a chat. After realising I loved japanese food The guys gave me loads of great recommendations and also took me to a Michelin star soba restaurant where we had a fantastic meal for only $20usd. If you like great food go to Sangoan! The hostel has single bed rooms mostly and a couple of dorms that are just rooms with a bunk bed, still tiny so two people share. I loved it here, the Shinagawa neighbourhood is lovely and traditional, great running along the river and cute second hand shop Paris Madonna is down the road run by the lovely Ami, who of tens drops by to chat. The only thing I'll say is to bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper, the walls are quite thin and while most of the guests are respectful but it always depends on the people. If you want a bath unfortunately they don't offer this, but there is a fantastic bathhouse down the road only 7min walk. Ask the guys at front desk! This place is fantastic for single travellers, safe, clean, fun and quiet. I cannot wait to come back and visit everyone again!
"All in: location! price! cleanness! hospitality!"
05/14/15 Alisa Z
I chose this place because of the great reviews here on Tripadvisor, and all was true - great location(especially for this who arrive to Haneda), price for which you could afford only a capsule hotel, impeccably clean (as clean as a hotel can be - I don't know, may be it's standart in Japan - but it's my first time here and I was pleasuntly surprised ;) ), and quiet. All of the above was already said before, but I have a personal story to share: when I arrived to the Guesthouse , exhausted after the long flight and after the first experience of using the Tokyo subway, badly wanting a shower and a bed to sleep comfortably, imagine my dismay when I found out that... my booking was done for the previous day!!! (Stupid of me, I assumed that I'd arrive at the same date of the flight, but, apparently, I didn't take into account that the time difference was against me!) The wonderfuly friendly guest house team let me in, calmed me down, (even treated to a candy!), gave me time to think, and... organized me another room immediately, though it was outside of check-in hours! They are wonderful! DEFINITELY recommend this guest house, of course. P.S. About the location: the last 200-300 meters were hard to find, had to ask locals for directions (thak you, dear eldery lady, you helped me so much!) so make sure that to print out the map and mark the place before you go out searchng for it!
"Reasonably priced, clean and convenient in Tokyo"
04/14/15 Dipsy25 Leicester
I stayed here about two weeks ago for a few days. I had a single tatami room that was clean and comfortable although minimally furnished (that didn't bother me). The common areas (WC, shower, wash basins) were all very clean, no complaints. My room was very reasonably priced and the staff were approachable, friendly and helpful. I really liked the area in which the guesthouse is located because it is close to Shinagawa station and places to eat and hangout but the neighbourhood is quiet and peaceful at night time. The only slight problem was that the wifi didn't always work as well as I would have liked but that wasn't a major obstacle in my trip. I would stay here again.
"Real Japanese experience"
04/05/15 Dorota L Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
We have a room with on the first floor with a Main Street view, where always something is happening. Room is rather small like in most of Japanese ryokans. Basic. Walls are green and there are bamboos blinds in the three windows. We have three futons and three little tables in the room. Good thing there is AC because first night when we slept was very hot and recently is rather cold in the room. Shower room is in the basement with a big, typical Japanese bath. There is as well a wachting machine where we can, for 200 yen wash our clothes, on the other side of the corridor there is a dryer. Downstairs, close to reception there is a communal room, where we can get free coffee between 7 and 10 am. By the reception there is a fridge and toster and I think there is a microwave, but we haven't used them yet. Staff is lovely, few young Japanese men, friendly and always very happy to help. Yesterday they took their guests to local festival. Off corse when one enters the guest house has to take their shoes of, but slippers are provided. There is a toilet on every floor but on our is only a ladies one. On the corridor there are long sinks where most people brush their teeth. There is this great comunity feeling in the house, great experience we never had it before. I would highly recommended for everyone, except people with back problems.
"Great location and clean!"
10/18/14 sitaslides
I was there in end of September... It was quite comfortable small place and clean, and near a small station... It's small ryokan in the middle of house complex with nice enviro and near a mart.. I took a walk around the neighbourhood in early morning before i went to work, really enjoy it... It's interesting to stay here and got the feel of sleeping on futon bed and tatami in japanese style... :)
"Affordable price for Tokyo, very convenient for travel organization"
07/08/14 Eminaa Rotterdam, The Netherlands
I stayed 10 days in this Guesthouse.Shinagawa station is very convenient if you have to travel to Central Tokio or other cities in Kanagawa like Yokohama and Kawasaki. Distances in Tokio are colossal, so try to strike a good balance between where you need to go and the choice of your stay. Rooms are very small, but it is Ok. There are two types of rooms. I stayed in room with bed and a small table. The place is maintained cleaned every day. They serve free coffee in the morning. Staff is very friendly. They will do everything to help you. Rooms are charged 3800 Yen first night and 3600 all other nights. Key deposit is 1,000 Yen. There is a washing machine to use for 200 yen and the drier for the same price. Common space where you sit on the floor, can cook tea or coffee can be used from 16.00-23.00. The most important is toilets and bathrooms are maintained clean every day. If you arrive earlier to Tokio, you have to wait 16:00 for staff to come.
"Great for backpackers! CP值"
05/27/14 Lottew831 Seoul, South Korea
Location : Only takes 10 mins from Shinagawa Station and 2 mins from Kitashinagawa station by walking. Great location with family mart, super market. Close to downtown but the neighborhood is so quiet. Facilities : Sharing but the management are well. Bathrooms and restrooms are clean. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. Everything is basic but cost-performance is very high. It is the best choice for backpackers
03/10/14 thecurlsunfurl UK
Hostel prices a 10 minute walk from a major Yamanote line station - if location on a budget is a priority you'd be pushed to find better than this. A bit far from Shinjuku, though not difficult, but it's within easy reach of Minato-ku/Shibuya-ku if you want to go to Tokyo Tower, Roppongi, Ebisu, Shibuya etc. It's on a very quaint little street with a Family Mart just outside, which is handy. Be warned that the walls are paper thin and they could use another shower room or two for the number of guests they have, but the service is super chill and friendly, and they'll give you coffee and waffles in the morning.
"Simply amazing!"
03/07/14 N S Seoul, South Korea
****** The price might be one of the first reasons you are considering this guesthouse. But the friendly and helpful staff, the excellent location as well as the charming traditional Japanese style rooms should be the real reasons for staying at Shinagawashuku. The staff was more than happy to give me directions and some advices about places to go and eat. They also cooked a meal for the Girls' day on the 3rd of March. The neighbourhood is suprisingly quiet and you forget that you are in one of the biggest city in the world. You can sleep wonderfully well, yet you are really close to the Shinagawa station which has plenty of buses, trains and subway lines heading towards the main destinations. The average commute time is about 20 minutes. The rooms are simple, but clean and you can enjoy sleeping on the tatami matresses and experience Japan even more! I just loved staying here and recommend you to choose this guesthouse if you are visiting Tokyo. ******* Cette guesthouse doit probablement vous sembler une des meilleures option de logement à Tokyo en raison de ses prix très modérés. Cependant, ce qui devrait vous faire opter pour cet endroit est le personnel accueillant, la situation géographique idéale ainsi que les chambres au charme traditionnel japonais. Le personnel m'a été d'une grande aide et m'a fourni de très bons conseils à propos des lieux à visiter et des plats à déguster. Le staff a également organisé un repas pour la fête des filles, le 3 mars. Le quartier dans lequel est situé la guesthouse est très calme, à vous en faire oublier que vous vous trouvez dans une des plus grandes métropoles du monde! Vous pouvez dormir sur vos deux oreilles tout en étant à proximité de la gare de Shinagawa, desservie par de multiples bus, trains et lignes de métro vous permettant d'accéder aux régions principales de Tokyo en 20 minutes environ. Les chambres sont simples mais très propres et vous offre la chance de dormir sur des tatamis comme un vrai local! J'ai adoré mon séjour à Shinagawashuku et vous recommande fortement d'y loger si vous prévoyez un voyage à Tokyo.