All hotels in Tokyo, Japan

• 1.0
  • Value for money
    Room is not nice
    Dirty

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"excelente ubicacion"
excelente
1 night family trip Jan 20, 2014
MX
服務和交通都很好的飯店!
3 night business trip Jan 3, 2014
TW
"対応が悪い"
台風の前日宿泊を予約しましたが、数時間後満室になったという理由で別の旅館に振替を強いられました。正直にそれは申し分なかったです。どこでも満室な状況で手配してもらって助かりました。ただし、振替先の旅館に支払済のことを連絡してなく、危うく二回支払ってしまうことになりかけました。別の旅館に丸投げてもきちんとフォローしてほしいです。
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
JP
2 night trip Feb 27, 2014
KR

TripAdvisor reviews for Guest House Shinagawa-shuku

"Perfect Stay!!"
05/01/16 JourneyW Mumbai
The guest house is a 10 minute walk for the main JR station & a 3 minute walk from the metro station. Situated in a very good neighborhood. The single room is perfect, compact with just enough space. No TV. Just a heater/cooler depending on the weather. The place has some basic rules to follow which was great. All kitchen convenience items like mini refrigerator & microwave are on all floors. The bathroom is absolutely clean. The staff is very friendly, helpful yet non intrusive. I had couriered my suitcase to the guest house and they kindly accepted it on my behalf. That was very sweet of them. A convenience store is just next door for any emergency purchases. I once had the lady of the guest house help me with shortlisting something I wanted to buy. Would one hundred percent recommend this place to anyone.
"Feels like home..very friendly"
04/11/16 tipsydipsy2016 England, United Kingdom
We stayed in a family room and found the staff genuinely friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble ..even called up the Sumo stables to enquire about their practise sessions..and printed directions to the stables. Really central location for arrival/departure by Shinkansen or Airports. Excellent wifi and clean facilities. Had a sing song in the evening and even visited a public bath on their recommendation. I was really keen for us to meet Japanese people rather than just being a tourist . Don't miss it!!
"The perfect first night in Japan"
04/05/16 Alaska_abroad Juneau, Alaska
I had never been to Japan, but a friend from Tokyo recommended I stay at the Guest House. I'm glad I did! The staff were very welcoming, and spoke great English. The location is wonderful; a short walk from a major train station and in a beautiful quiet neighborhood. You can catch a Narita Express train straight from Narita Airport to Shinagawa station, making it a perfect place to stay when you first arrive in Tokyo. There are plenty of little restaurants and shops nearby. The rooms were clean and neat, and the little common room was a nice place to talk with other guests. I wish I could have stayed longer!
"Awesome place "
03/31/16 phshatiy
Awesome place! The guest house is located roughly 10 minutes walking from Shinagawa station. If you come from Narita, you don't need to transfer at all (ask the JR staff at the airport). Next to the guest house is also Kitashinagawa station (2 minutes walking). The guide how to get to the guest house is on their Web. Now, if you look into a map, you may think that Shinagawa is too far away from Tokyo. Wrong! Without or with just one transfer, you'll get to Akihabara, Shinjuku or other famous places in matter of minutes (roughly 30) The guest guest house has nice atmosphere, although my busy schedule didn't allow me to enjoy it fully. The staff is nice and they all (or at least those who I've met) speak English fluently. There was no problem understanding each other. The prices are awesome and the place is clean. It's nothing as I've ever been to in such cheap place in Japan. No mold, funky smell, noisy area,... Just awesome! The single room I've been to was bigger than expected, although with the bed, i couldn't open my suitcase fully. There was no noise or noisy travelers, as the hostel applies quiet time after 22:00. The room was quipped with air-conditioning / heater. Doors can be locked from inside. The staff provides lots of brochures and informations if needed. In the surrounding area are quite a few restaurants. Two actualy next door to the guest house. Family Mart is also next door (ok, two doors ^^). I can definitely recommend this place and next time, I'll be staying here again!
"Feels like home"
12/23/15 Joaquin E
The place is really calm and sweet, there are 0 noises and the room was quite good and warm. The next time i come to Japan, I will spend more days here. The staff is really friendly, we did a Tea party in a sort of living room with Yusuke at night with other people of the guesthouse from different countries, we had lot of fun and it felt really good! Powerful free WiFi (I could upload 1080p videos in some minutes! They have area maps if you want to explore Shinagawa too. Highly recommended, I will come back 100% sure.
"Nice Guest House, Excellent Location, Outstanding Staff"
10/28/15 asiatravel24 Philadelphia , PA
I had the very good fortune to get booked into Guest House Shinagawa- shuku on a recent three week trip to Tokyo. From my very first contact with the staff by email and phone from the USA, to my last evening and good byes with everyone, I had a great time there, and was always treated well by the wonderful staff and crew members. The Guest House is located an easy 15 minute walk from the main Shinagawa train station, and if you follow the easy walking directions provided on their website, you'll have no difficulty finding it. The local neighborhood is quiet, full of small shops, markets and restaurants, and was a wonderful place to go for a quiet walk each morning or evening just to discover some new thing. Staff member Wada even offers a walking tour of the local area, and by all means join her some morning to discover hidden treasures of the area. Check in was smooth and easy. The wonderful front desk staff greeted me with smiles and a warm hello every time I saw them, and I quickly became part of their family. Should you stay with them for more than a night or two, I am sure the very same will happen with you. A few of my nights were in the three person shared dorm, the rest were in a single bed private room. The entire property from top to bottom was clean, safe, well taken care of, pleasant and inviting, and a pleasure to return to each evening after a long day out on the streets. The shared bathrooms on each floor, and the two shower rooms on the bottom floor, were always clean, tidy, well serviced, with steamy hot water 24 hours a day. Local travel advice and help by the wonderful staff was always available, and they made it a point each day to ask if I needed help with anything large or small. Yes, working there is their job. But I always got the sense that it was more than that, that they were genuinely happy each and every day to assist people like me who come from all over the world to visit their tiny corner of Tokyo. Finally, I'd like to thank staff members Hajime, Park, Santos, Wada, Taka, Oka, 'Mr. Bob' and all the others for taking such good care of me and all the other guests fortunate enough to walk through their door each day. I am looking forward to staying with all of them again soon.
"Great base for an amazing holiday"
10/27/15 Tess E Melbourne, Australia
I stayed in the twin tatami room for a week. The staff are friendly and kind and willing to go above and beyond for their guests. Being able to ask for their advice meant that I was able to make the most of my holiday, and being able to chat about my day's experiences meant that I never felt lonely. Everything is clean and well maintained. Wifi worked perfectly. The neighborhood is lovely. Owners from neighbouring businesses often pop their heads in, which is how we found out about the amazing udon shop across the road where we had breakfast several times. They warn you on the website, but the walls are thin. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper.
"Great cheap place to stay"
10/27/15 Alexbenijofar Benijofar, Spain
I stayed here back in March on very brief overnight stay before heading off to other parts of Japan. My flight arrived early in the morning and the hostel was an easy place to find from Haneda airport and just a short walk from the local rail station with a direct train to/from the airport. Although I did drop off my bags before I heading off exploring, i was not able to check into my room until much later in the day. A good nights sleep (Japanese style beds), free wifi and shared facilities. The place is clean and staff are friendly and informative. Will stay here again.
"Good hostel with friendly staff"
07/23/15 MS-05B Albany, New York
I stayed here in June of 2015 for three nights in a single room and was quite happy. Of course I would have much rather stayed in a hotel with a private bathroom, but I couldn't fit it in my budget this time. Guest House Shinagawa-shuku is staffed with very friendly and helpful people and they keep the place pretty clean and quiet. My room was clean and air conditioned, and though the place seemed to be fully booked, I had no problem using the shared facilities. It's a little bit of a hike from Shinagawa Station, with a train-crossing on the way that always seems to be busy, but has restaurants, convenience stores, and public baths close by.
06/30/15 shmoe8 Huntington Beach, California
This was the last hostel that I stayed at on my trip to Japan and Korea and this by far was my favorite. The location was spectacular and the environment was extremely welcoming. I was solo and they welcomed me in. It was very authentic especially with the tatami room. I would definitely recommend it to everyone.