All hotels in Tokyo, Japan
1-22-16 Kita-Shinagawa, Shinagawa, Tokyo, Tokyo-to, 140-0001, Japan, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0

服務和交通都很好的飯店!
3 night business trip Jan 3, 2014
TW
"対応が悪い"
台風の前日宿泊を予約しましたが、数時間後満室になったという理由で別の旅館に振替を強いられました。正直にそれは申し分なかったです。どこでも満室な状況で手配してもらって助かりました。ただし、振替先の旅館に支払済のことを連絡してなく、危うく二回支払ってしまうことになりかけました。別の旅館に丸投げてもきちんとフォローしてほしいです。
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
JP
2 night trip Feb 27, 2014
KR

TripAdvisor reviews for Guest House Shinagawa-shuku

"Feels like home"
12/23/15 Joaquin E
The place is really calm and sweet, there are 0 noises and the room was quite good and warm. The next time i come to Japan, I will spend more days here. The staff is really friendly, we did a Tea party in a sort of living room with Yusuke at night with other people of the guesthouse from different countries, we had lot of fun and it felt really good! Powerful free WiFi (I could upload 1080p videos in some minutes! They have area maps if you want to explore Shinagawa too. Highly recommended, I will come back 100% sure.
"Nice Guest House, Excellent Location, Outstanding Staff"
10/28/15 asiatravel24 Philadelphia , PA
I had the very good fortune to get booked into Guest House Shinagawa- shuku on a recent three week trip to Tokyo. From my very first contact with the staff by email and phone from the USA, to my last evening and good byes with everyone, I had a great time there, and was always treated well by the wonderful staff and crew members. The Guest House is located an easy 15 minute walk from the main Shinagawa train station, and if you follow the easy walking directions provided on their website, you'll have no difficulty finding it. The local neighborhood is quiet, full of small shops, markets and restaurants, and was a wonderful place to go for a quiet walk each morning or evening just to discover some new thing. Staff member Wada even offers a walking tour of the local area, and by all means join her some morning to discover hidden treasures of the area. Check in was smooth and easy. The wonderful front desk staff greeted me with smiles and a warm hello every time I saw them, and I quickly became part of their family. Should you stay with them for more than a night or two, I am sure the very same will happen with you. A few of my nights were in the three person shared dorm, the rest were in a single bed private room. The entire property from top to bottom was clean, safe, well taken care of, pleasant and inviting, and a pleasure to return to each evening after a long day out on the streets. The shared bathrooms on each floor, and the two shower rooms on the bottom floor, were always clean, tidy, well serviced, with steamy hot water 24 hours a day. Local travel advice and help by the wonderful staff was always available, and they made it a point each day to ask if I needed help with anything large or small. Yes, working there is their job. But I always got the sense that it was more than that, that they were genuinely happy each and every day to assist people like me who come from all over the world to visit their tiny corner of Tokyo. Finally, I'd like to thank staff members Hajime, Park, Santos, Wada, Taka, Oka, 'Mr. Bob' and all the others for taking such good care of me and all the other guests fortunate enough to walk through their door each day. I am looking forward to staying with all of them again soon.
"Great base for an amazing holiday"
10/27/15 Tess E Melbourne, Australia
I stayed in the twin tatami room for a week. The staff are friendly and kind and willing to go above and beyond for their guests. Being able to ask for their advice meant that I was able to make the most of my holiday, and being able to chat about my day's experiences meant that I never felt lonely. Everything is clean and well maintained. Wifi worked perfectly. The neighborhood is lovely. Owners from neighbouring businesses often pop their heads in, which is how we found out about the amazing udon shop across the road where we had breakfast several times. They warn you on the website, but the walls are thin. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper.
"Great cheap place to stay"
10/27/15 Alexbenijofar Benijofar, Spain
I stayed here back in March on very brief overnight stay before heading off to other parts of Japan. My flight arrived early in the morning and the hostel was an easy place to find from Haneda airport and just a short walk from the local rail station with a direct train to/from the airport. Although I did drop off my bags before I heading off exploring, i was not able to check into my room until much later in the day. A good nights sleep (Japanese style beds), free wifi and shared facilities. The place is clean and staff are friendly and informative. Will stay here again.
"Good hostel with friendly staff"
07/23/15 MS-05B Albany, New York
I stayed here in June of 2015 for three nights in a single room and was quite happy. Of course I would have much rather stayed in a hotel with a private bathroom, but I couldn't fit it in my budget this time. Guest House Shinagawa-shuku is staffed with very friendly and helpful people and they keep the place pretty clean and quiet. My room was clean and air conditioned, and though the place seemed to be fully booked, I had no problem using the shared facilities. It's a little bit of a hike from Shinagawa Station, with a train-crossing on the way that always seems to be busy, but has restaurants, convenience stores, and public baths close by.
06/30/15 shmoe8 Huntington Beach, California
This was the last hostel that I stayed at on my trip to Japan and Korea and this by far was my favorite. The location was spectacular and the environment was extremely welcoming. I was solo and they welcomed me in. It was very authentic especially with the tatami room. I would definitely recommend it to everyone.
"Best place for a single traveller!"
05/17/15 Jade_alexander1 London, United Kingdom
Shinagawa guesthouse What a fantastic place to stay! The staff are so friendly and fun, and all speak English, the rooms are tiny japanese style but clean and neat. The shared bathrooms were also very clean with shampoo, conditioner and body wash supplied. No problems with waiting at all, and the wifi is great. The guests are both Japanese coming for weekends or longer stays and foreigners. The guys who run the hostel are brilliant and lots of locals drop by for a chat, so do go down to the communal room and have a chat. After realising I loved japanese food The guys gave me loads of great recommendations and also took me to a Michelin star soba restaurant where we had a fantastic meal for only $20usd. If you like great food go to Sangoan! The hostel has single bed rooms mostly and a couple of dorms that are just rooms with a bunk bed, still tiny so two people share. I loved it here, the Shinagawa neighbourhood is lovely and traditional, great running along the river and cute second hand shop Paris Madonna is down the road run by the lovely Ami, who of tens drops by to chat. The only thing I'll say is to bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper, the walls are quite thin and while most of the guests are respectful but it always depends on the people. If you want a bath unfortunately they don't offer this, but there is a fantastic bathhouse down the road only 7min walk. Ask the guys at front desk! This place is fantastic for single travellers, safe, clean, fun and quiet. I cannot wait to come back and visit everyone again!
"All in: location! price! cleanness! hospitality!"
05/14/15 Alisa Z
I chose this place because of the great reviews here on Tripadvisor, and all was true - great location(especially for this who arrive to Haneda), price for which you could afford only a capsule hotel, impeccably clean (as clean as a hotel can be - I don't know, may be it's standart in Japan - but it's my first time here and I was pleasuntly surprised ;) ), and quiet. All of the above was already said before, but I have a personal story to share: when I arrived to the Guesthouse , exhausted after the long flight and after the first experience of using the Tokyo subway, badly wanting a shower and a bed to sleep comfortably, imagine my dismay when I found out that... my booking was done for the previous day!!! (Stupid of me, I assumed that I'd arrive at the same date of the flight, but, apparently, I didn't take into account that the time difference was against me!) The wonderfuly friendly guest house team let me in, calmed me down, (even treated to a candy!), gave me time to think, and... organized me another room immediately, though it was outside of check-in hours! They are wonderful! DEFINITELY recommend this guest house, of course. P.S. About the location: the last 200-300 meters were hard to find, had to ask locals for directions (thak you, dear eldery lady, you helped me so much!) so make sure that to print out the map and mark the place before you go out searchng for it!
"Reasonably priced, clean and convenient in Tokyo"
04/14/15 Dipsy25 Leicester
I stayed here about two weeks ago for a few days. I had a single tatami room that was clean and comfortable although minimally furnished (that didn't bother me). The common areas (WC, shower, wash basins) were all very clean, no complaints. My room was very reasonably priced and the staff were approachable, friendly and helpful. I really liked the area in which the guesthouse is located because it is close to Shinagawa station and places to eat and hangout but the neighbourhood is quiet and peaceful at night time. The only slight problem was that the wifi didn't always work as well as I would have liked but that wasn't a major obstacle in my trip. I would stay here again.
"Real Japanese experience"
04/05/15 Dorota L Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
We have a room with on the first floor with a Main Street view, where always something is happening. Room is rather small like in most of Japanese ryokans. Basic. Walls are green and there are bamboos blinds in the three windows. We have three futons and three little tables in the room. Good thing there is AC because first night when we slept was very hot and recently is rather cold in the room. Shower room is in the basement with a big, typical Japanese bath. There is as well a wachting machine where we can, for 200 yen wash our clothes, on the other side of the corridor there is a dryer. Downstairs, close to reception there is a communal room, where we can get free coffee between 7 and 10 am. By the reception there is a fridge and toster and I think there is a microwave, but we haven't used them yet. Staff is lovely, few young Japanese men, friendly and always very happy to help. Yesterday they took their guests to local festival. Off corse when one enters the guest house has to take their shoes of, but slippers are provided. There is a toilet on every floor but on our is only a ladies one. On the corridor there are long sinks where most people brush their teeth. There is this great comunity feeling in the house, great experience we never had it before. I would highly recommended for everyone, except people with back problems.